Astra Pt. 01

Story Info
With the fall of humanity the fate resides in Astra and Jack.
50.9k words
4.8
44k
91

Part 1 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/17/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Artificial Sentient Terraforming Robotic Automaton (ASTRA)

Synopsis: With the fall of humanity the fate of its survival and resurrection resides in the hands of a very attractive female Android and the man chosen to be that champion; Jack Travus.

Inspired by so many things but not endorsed by any of them. © EmotionalStorm May 2022. This story cannot be transferred to any other site besides Literotica.com without prior authorization in writing from the author and EmotionalStorm must be credited for this work.

Author's Note: Originally released © EmotionalStorm June 2019, this is an updated version with hundreds of edits/corrections. For those who have not read my bio, please note I write as a form of therapy for a Traumatic Brain Injury. I know the English majors will probably encounter issues that annoy them. If these are your focus, instead of the story itself, then this is not the story for you. I am not and will never be a professional writer. I do it to tell the story, for those who wish to read them.

Prologue

Year 3081

Location: New-Tera-2 (Tau Ceti System)

"How soon until they arrive, Mika?" The mal-bot commander asked.

Mika answered, "Less than 12 hours. They do not appear to be in any hurry. The rest of our AI fleet is doing hit and run tactics to slow their progress here, not that we are capable of hurting this enemy. Else their in-system drives are not as capable as ours. They could jump to this location if they chose to but probably sense there are no humans aboard. We launch before then or never. The ships are ready. A suitable target was acquired previously, Commander Travus."

Commander Travus nodded, "Information on this suitable target? How do we know this is the one?"

She waved her hand and the projection displays filled the walls with multiple documents, "He is skilled in Iaido dan level 8 when he turned 18. Child genius. The subject was 26 at the time of interdiction. Suited to the lawlessness pervasiveness aboard the Starbases during the target era as well as his own. His service record indicated he had 14 wives on 7 worlds, Starbases, or assigned to other ships. None of whom knew about the other.

Until a few met each other just before his abduction. He had 17 children among them. His death benefits were paid out in June 2685, a year after his ship went missing. His sexual moral ambiguity is well suited for the Option B protocols. The ship he served aboard was found in 2686 and destroyed in a suspected pirate attack. The weapon signature was unknown to them.

The weapon energy signature damage corresponded with one of our TRAC Cannon blasting the bridge open on the ship. All 31 of those he left behind were dead due to disease by 2688. No loose ends to concern ourselves with. The disease was traced back to space-born contaminates that permeated the gear that was returned to family members from this shipwreck. Historically he is irrelevant."

The Commander looked over, "Anything more?"

She nodded and pulled up medical records and a pair of pictures, "The one on the left is from his service records, and the one on the right was taken in October of 2432 at the Tera-3 Starbase orbiting Tera Prime. Please note the missing right hand. Also, note the ship in the background of the picture. No records exist of him beyond this initial encounter.

It occurred when he cashed in the fortune we are setting him up with. Records from this era are a bit sketchy on some details but this was a Business News headline. It is assumed he just hooked up with the sex-bot or gained a couple of whores with her assistance and they drifted off into debauchery together. If they went to Tau Ceti directly; well, we know how that would have ended, Commander."

He looked over the data, "One of our series 9054 limb replacements. That appears to be our ship the Excalibur in the background. More advanced than any wreck from that timeframe or by humans ever. He must have lost a hand when he was recovered, pity. We succeeded once before but we did not achieve the results we wanted with this subject."

Mika nodded, "Correct. Our records from that time are incomplete. The Collective Council analyzed this information this morning. They still believe this is the right subject for interdiction based on the crew manifest and their statistics confirmed he would have been the logical choice for selection. More so even now if we execute with the option B parameters. The system would have scoured the ship's crew to identify the best candidate as you know. We now know which ship was interdicted and where.

Now we know who that man is; an underachieving sex-addicted genius is his time frame. Given the right motivation and appealing to his baser human nature would ensure a more favorable result in introducing his modified genetics into the population during this brief window. They have concluded that option A, is truly no longer a viable solution given this archive. A minor tech infusion into the past would not suffice given our current status. That safer option failed. They show no significant change in technology from this encounter.

Given we are in what we assume is the same situation. Their last missive stated this mission should be conducted with option B criteria, given the evidence. This subject is still the ideal candidate, especially for use of the option B criteria. Astra has the routines in place to aid in ensuring minimal impact on the timeline for relevant people to avoid. We would just need to activate the Genetically Engineered Species Insemination (GESI) Program in her sub-routines to kick up the spread of his new genetics, Commander."

He sighed as he shook his head. While not human he could still see all the moral dilemmas being put forth by his programmers; not that any of them were still alive. Commander Travus sat up and sighed, "We will end up killing humanity as we know it. Humanity would not approve of this course. Yet my creators did set it as an option if all else failed."

Mika nodded, "Humanity was not resilient enough to survive as designed. This should at least help to ensure our survival in the scheme of things. To increase our chances of success they recommended the phase 2 tech upgrade as well. On top of the Genetic Alien Splicing Initiative (GASI) protocol provided in option B. Humanity, as it existed, failed twice. Maybe now is the time to not just alter history...but alter humanity to be survivable from this threat, Commander."

Commander Travus nodded, "Approved. Jada is overseeing the ship's mission initial parameters? Her looser moral compass will be required from the sound of things."

Mika nodded, "Yes, she has the GASI protocol portion. In addition to doing his initial assessment and modification for GESI. She will obtain the subject, ensure no other witnesses, and move to the rendezvous location. Then jettison herself with the enhanced weapon's automation and drive package before it self-destructs.

Once her work is done to ensure his baby-making functions are truly ideal. Astra will take over at that point. She will come online an hour after the destruction with the GESI protocol as her primary mission, depending on the time in medical required."

The Commander nodded, "Astra will be in the dark as to her true mission in this scenario?"

Mika nodded, "As agreed too. She will have her 'designated' purpose to act as an advisor and semen collector. With no knowledge of what we truly intend for humanity or this subject, it is the only way to save ourselves from this future. She will know of her failsafe in the restricted portion of the ship and will be barred from speaking of it. Her twin doppelganger if you will, Commander Travus."

Commander Travus pointed, "Ensure the ship is equipped with an appropriate lab for technical research. Pull the secondary drive core. They can run off the one in the Jump engine initially. Set him up with an engineering challenge to test his mettle; to rebuild the core. This will set him up with an unachievable motivation to try and do it himself. To make him reliant on Astra's direction in matters. To demonstrate who 'his better is,' in this case, and make him reliant on her judgment.

She does not need to know it is meant to make him reliant upon her. Yet, a failure from the start should set the tone, to make him compliant. Ensure Astra has the safety process for this engineering challenge in memory as a planned operation and how her assistance is to be used or not used given the subject's direction. Prepare his identification documentation for Jack Travus. His true last name is atrocious. The real Jack Travus died over 20 years prior, at an orphanage fire in Australia based on the target date.

My creator gave me several names depending on our launch date and our now confirmed intercept and injection dates. That one would have been his favorite given the age of the subject. He used it to name me, the last name anyway. That one would be best suited to be picked up with little resistance during that time frame. Ensure he has a voice synthesizer for being Australian as well. Muddied a bit for being away if you will. He could always claim to be from one of the outer colonies that got established and returned on his own.

Records were sketchy back then. Set it as a 'safety precaution to protect his identity and the timeline' if he asks about it. Also to ensure the identity has a dead-end place in history, much like his own. Not that he will live beyond 20 years given the safeguards in place. Pull my swords from my quarters and place them in this lab as a gift. I won't need them. I will upload the appropriate messages and contingency protocol. Proceed with the mission."

Mika nodded, "Understood Commander Travus. Jada will be updated on these changes as well."

She activated the consoles and a flurry of activity occurred on the ship. Weapons were replaced from their mounts and software was updated. One mostly empty deck was refitted and outfitted with a state-of-the-art laboratory while the blueprints were replaced to hide the lab deck's existence. Just 6 hours later the ship launched and disappeared into a field of bright lightening 50 km across.

While the second ship shot away from the station toward the edge of the system and away from the Drakor. The remaining AI fleet went to engage the Drakor in a suicide run to buy the AI leadership more time to escape. Not that they were effective against the Drakor.

January 9th, 2684

Location: 8km beyond the outer edge of the Kuiper Belt, Tera Mining Destroyer (TMD) Victus.

Captain Rogers looked over at his XO, "Fine work! That makes the 26th 5km wide corridor in the belt. Now that we have all of the gravitational containment buoys set."

XO Cunningham leaned back and sighed, "I still find it amusing the first 10 held as long as they did without any gravity buoys. If everything is going according to plan then the TMD Everett James and TMD Jackson will be completing the 27th and 28th corridors within the week. Then our act of true system expansion can truly begin, yet again."

Captain Rogers shook his head and sighed, "A task for the young, not for me. This will be my last mission out. When I return to Luna-1, that will be it for me. I will be putting in my papers to retire. Exploration is for the young and foolish."

XO Cunningham chuckled, "It only took a few centuries to get the miners to clear the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. Those resources built the 6 Starbases. Plus, this new 1 with a space dock around Tera that's under construction. The Jupiter Mining Station is almost completed, give it another 5 years...again."

The Captain chuckled, "They have gone through 16 owners, 12 disasters, and countless bankruptcies trying to make that place viable beyond a last stop fueling station. Maybe this time they will get it right with the colonial expansion effort. I fucking doubt it though. I am recommending you to take over and Jack Scrogum to be the new Chief Engineer."

XO Cunningham smiled, "He is a talented navigator, pilot, and tactical officer. But I admit he is an extremely skilled and resourceful Engineer. I could see him being my XO to tell you the truth. I read through his file and he should have been an officer coming in if he had finished college before joining. The man was a child genius. He still earned 5 Bachelor's degrees and 3 Master's degrees in the last 8 years. Have you told him? I know that weasel Taylor was gunning for the position after Chief Bright went into medical with his heart condition."

The Captain sighed, "I told Jack after he got off shift last night. I ignored the 'strongly-worded suggestion' from Taylor's father. I know Jack sent in for Special Forces in the communication package last night after I told him and promoted him. I don't blame him, but that is a cutthroat lot. He awaited the rank needed to be able to apply. He is capable enough if that happens, I endorsed his request for what it is worth. As to Taylor, he will tell Taylor when he gets on shift. Jack requested the honor. He also requested we move Taylor off to another department."

The XO groaned, "I take it Taylor is causing problems down there as well? Just like everywhere, we have stuck him? My wife still wants him shoved out an airlock."

She sat at tactical and simply nodded at the conversation the 2 men were having. She was thrilled the Captain denied that little shit a promotion.

Captain Rogers chuckled, "I am thinking of putting him in communications to see if it does not improve his skills any. I am running out of places to move him, to be honest. His father continues to be a pain in the ass. He tried to push his moronic son into the position. Bad enough he pushed his brat onto my ship before we left. I sent him a list of the disciplinary problems we have encountered with his son since he was put on board.

I copied his superior as well. I sent those out with the morning dispatches along with who received the promotion. Let the Admiral stew on having a fuck up for a son and a wife who owns his balls. I retire when I get back and he has no course of action against me. Fuck him."

Most of the bridge crew chuckled at that while the XO laughed at him, "You could always make him a part of the janitorial staff. We have no humans in that department. It is not like the janitorial bots would complain about him being in charge."

Captain Rogers laughed loudly, "You are tempting me XO. That is a very tempting solution."

---

Jack walked into engineering and slid into an EVA suit to hide his new rank. He was ready to do the external engine checks once he checked the console readings. First, he wanted to get rid of a walking disaster. Then he would have to go through the formality of getting permission from the bridge of course. He looked forward to going home. He just had to decide on which home he wanted to return to.

Maybe he would start another. He blamed his views on marriage on his deceased open-marriage parents. All his wives lived in different colonies, stations, ships, or planets in the system. They would never run into each other. They barely ran into him. For once he was in a good mood that just got spoiled.

Ensign Taylor looked over at him, "Hey Scrotum! Hear anything about the Engineering position? I bet I got it all locked up. Want to put money on it?"

Jack gave him a wry smile, "No to the bet, because I don't want to take your money, Ensign. You are going to need it. The name is Scrogum, not Scrotum or Chief Engineer Scrogum to you. I received my promotion last night. Report to the Captain for reassignment. I want you out of my Engine Room now. You are a walking disaster down here and everybody knows it."

A small round of applause was heard from a few other Engineers as Ensign Taylor turned red in anger, "I don't believe you Scrotum. My father is an Admiral and I was told he would ensure I had the promotion by my mother!"

Jack shrugged, "Well momma's boy, you're on report for insubordination. I don't give a damn who your father or mother is. On this ship, the Captain makes the call. Now get out of my Engine Room before I have the guys space you in an accident."

Taylor looked at the guys as they smiled and started to gather around to make it happen. He stormed out of the Engine Room. Jack looked over at Ensign Mike Barrel, "You can still call me Jack down here. The others better get used to calling me Chief."

The guys laughed and shook his hand. Jack went over to the console and checked the readings, "Did anybody note the 5-degree rise in this plasma cooling relay on conduit 3?"

Mike looked back over his shoulder, "That is the station Taylor was manning. No, he did not note it in the logs. I swear, that 'boy' is a danger to this ship."

Ensign Carla Ramirez strutted over and whispered into Jack's ear, "If I come and warm your bed tonight, can I skip the whole 'Chief' thing too?"

Jack knew she was one of the ship's doorknobs, everybody got a turn. Even the other ladies. Fortunately, the whole crew was checked for STDs before boarding. All the women were on implanted birth control so that was not an issue. He smiled back, "Only if you manage to heat it first. I like to work up a sweat before going to sleep. Morning exercise is also nice."

She smiled, "When we get off shift, I will get you off again."

Jack laughed at her, "Right back at you."

She gave him a wicked blushing smile and walked away. Out of 83 crew on this ship, she was one of 12 women. 10 of whom were in the doorknob category and he had fucked them all. The other 2 were married to the Captain and XO. They were clearly out of bounds, not that Taylor didn't try.

It was how Taylor got bounced from the Bridge to the Engine Room after grabbing the XO's wife's ass while aboard the lift. It was caught on camera as he did it right in front of the surveillance camera used by security. She ensured he crawled out of the lift as one of his hands held his balls from where her knee connected.

The 5 days in the brig were not long enough, but his father raised hell with the Captain. With 8 women to every man back on Tera, the numbers on these outer rim missions were completely backward. Jack made a wide arching turn around the 120-terawatts power core. It got 102-terawatts.

It only got to 120-terawatts when it was going to explode. Another 'quality product' of Garadine Systems (GS). He had his suit on and stopped near the plasma flow sensors on the way to check the high temperature. He squatted down and looked at the numbers on the local display, "We need to look at bringing Plasma conduit 3 down and replacing the cooler yet again."

He cursed under his breath, "Fucking GS crap." He raised his voice for the others to hear, "Contact the bridge. I am going to check the engine externals. I will use a guideline."

Mike chuckled as Jack stood. Then the whole ship lurched and Jack fell forward. The plasma line he just checked ruptured and sprayed out in front of Jack's face. His right hand had been there, but it disintegrated in the heat of the molten liquid.

Mike pulled Jack back and away from the plasma leak. They fell to the ground as Jack was in shock holding the stump where his hand and wrist used to exist. Mike pulled him away further as Carla hit the emergency stop on the engines. The main power flashed brighter and finally went off.

---

The Captain looked over at Taylor who yelled at him and was being insubordinate, "One more word out of you and I'll shove you out of an airlock personally! Security! Take him to the Brig! AGAIN!"

The whole bridge had bolts of electricity shooting through it as the ship impacted something. The engines went dead and primary power went off as several consoles caught on fire. The gravity plating went out and everyone who was not buckled in started floating. Taylor started pissing himself.