Astrid in Love Ch. 03

Story Info
Tensions build between Astrid and Caius.
3k words
4.73
7.5k
8
0

Part 3 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 11/20/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 3: Kitty

————

Caius was on shift watching the security cameras which surrounded the entrance to The Underground. He frowned wondering where the hell Astrid was, she was late. He noticed more and more he spent much of his days thinking about the little witch. She was so perplexing.

The last few weeks had gone by weirdly, every time Caius had seen her she had been snarky, rude and down-right disrespectful. On two occasions he had to hold her down because she had tried to punch him.

Punch him!

Ridiculous little thing, he had no idea what she'd been thinking. He'd stopped her just as much to make a point as it was to stop her from hurting herself. She had absolutely despised him, struggling against him, trying to overpower him. The idea of her even thinking she could subdue him was enough to make him laugh hysterically. Which was also something she didn't seem to particularly enjoy.

And of course the punishment had come afterwards. There was no way he was going to allow that kind of behaviour without consequences. Ignoring it would have meant taking shit from the others in security, including the Clan, and he couldn't allow that. It was just a damned shame he had to deal with annoying workplace regulations and couldn't put her over his knee like he wanted to.

No, he had to follow stupid disciplinary formal workplace protocol. Which was ridiculous, his wolf had just about had a riot - demanding satisfaction, demanding he grab the witch and show her exactly who was boss by tossing her onto the floor and rutting her until she couldn't walk. Fuck. There was no use for thoughts like that - all it did was give him a swollen cock and muddied thinking.

She was the most impossible woman he had ever met, and yet, he couldn't stop himself from watching her. There was something about her which fascinated him, and sure, it didn't hurt that she was heart-breakingly beautiful. He found himself often thinking that there wouldn't have had any problem getting her pregnant. Or in the very least, doing the act.

She'd sing for him, he'd decided, moan his name, scream in ecstasy. If the way she carried on at work was anything to go by, she'd definitely be a screamer. God, he wanted to make her scream.

Caius frowned, annoyed with himself and frustrated as all hell. Last night had been an absolute nightmare. Vanessa had called him to her for another humiliating attempt at coupling. He tried, he really had. He had closed his eyes and let her touch him, and she did. She touched him everywhere...and nothing.

Embarrassingly nothing.

Not a peep from his cock. It was their fifth attempt and she was angry. The queen had pushed him away, disgusted and annoyed. He was failing his master, and he had trusted him with this task of uniting their packs. Of course no matter how much he reminded himself he just couldn't do it. Nothing was helping.

You wouldn't have that problem with the witch.

No. He certainly wouldn't. Even with the snarky way she spoke to him all he wanted to do was put her mouth to use on his body. He shook himself from the thought, he couldn't afford to get distracted thinking about those lips of hers.

He called into his radio, now worried that it had been over an hour and Astrid hadn't showed up for her shift. Just as the words left his mouth, Astrid trudged into the surveillance room, head down and sopping wet.

"Jesus, Astrid," he said, turning away from the screens momentarily, "Did you swim here?"

"It's raining up there," she said, pushing her wet hair away from her face. Even with wild, matted hair and dripping wet she was utterly beautiful, "Sorry I'm late, I need-need," her teeth were chattering. He sometimes forgot how it was for those who didn't have naturally high body temperatures, "I n-need to find my cat. She's m-missing."

Caius stood and reached out to give her his jacket which she took without snark, wrapping herself tightly in it. He tried to ignore the happy yipping of his inner wolf watching her in his jacket - she's covered in our scent. Followed by the unfortunate thought of, Now fuck her.

He took a deep breath and reminded his wolf that this was not how things worked in the human world. Although his wolf hardly seemed to care, throwing out images of her naked in the bathtub in his brain. He tried to ignore it, reminding himself that now was not the time for a raging boner.

"I can't find my cat," Astrid continued, and luckily she had, because his thoughts were going down a dangerous path.

"Go to your room and get dry," Caius replied sternly, proud that he'd managed to string a sentence together, "Your cat will come back".

"It's raining so heavily out there...I haven't seen her for 3 days. I need to find her."

"She's just a cat, Astrid," Caius shot back, "Not worth going out and getting stupidly sick for."

"She's my familiar, Caius," Astrid replied, a worried frown crossing her face, "I need to make sure she's ok. If something happens to her, well...she isn't replaceable".

She never called him by his name, she mostly called him 'shit head' or 'dog'. He stared at her perplexed face, sensing her anguish. He didn't like this, he decided, not one little bit. He much preferred it when she was angry or annoyed or giving him cheek.

Caius searched her face, and nodded, "If I go out and look for her will you promise to stay inside and go get warm?" He nodded towards her shaking arms, "You'll get sick if you stay like that."

"What about my shift?"

"I'll get one of the others to cover," he shrugged, "Just go get dry and warm, you're no use in this state."

"I don't know..." she frowned.

"Do as you're told," Caius growled, which made her jump, "I won't tell you again."

"Goddess above, I don't want to start a fight with you, ok?" Astrid groaned.

"I wouldn't have to start fights if you listened to me. Now go and get dry, I'll take care of the cat. I won't repeat myself."

Astrid nodded although she looked like she still wanted to argue, but seemed to think better of it, "Her name is Kitty, I'll text you a photo," Astrid sneezed.

"Kitty, really?" he asked, one eyebrow raised.

"I got her when I was seven," Astrid shrugged, rolling her eyes, her sweet mouth tilted in a little half smile. It sent his heart racing, and for a moment he was reminded of the way that mouth had parted in pleasure, had sighed, when he'd seen her pleasuring herself in the bathtub.

"I'll go out as long as I can, I'm sure she hasn't gotten far."

"Ok," Astrid bit her lip, her eyes seemed teary for a moment before she blinked them away. A brief feeling of guilt surged underneath his ribs and for a moment Caius wondered if he'd been too aggressive with her.

He brought his hand to rest on her shoulder in what he hoped was a comforting manner, "Kitty will be fine. I won't come back until I find her."

The witch turned to him and impulsively hugged him, "Thank you so much. You're really annoying, but thanks all the same." She whispered, pulling back and walking to her room.

Caius cursed himself as he turned to look at the surveillance camera screen, he could barely see anything in the frame - the rain pelting down in buckets. It looked miserable out there.

—————

Astrid paced her bedroom for hours, waiting for Caius to show up with Kitty, dreading the idea that he might not. He was out there in the torrential rain looking for her familiar when she had been so horrible to him the last few weeks.

Astrid frowned, flopping face down onto her bed, wishing she could scream. He was so annoying, and when he did nice things like this it was hard to stay mad at him and focus on her goal of running him out of the town.

They'd spent the last few weeks fighting constantly, he was so bossy, demanding and unyielding...and sexy.

Perish the thought.

She would never admit to anyone so long as she lived that when he had held her down after she had tried to punch him she had gotten a thrill from it. Even afterwards all she could think about was how good it had felt to have him restrain her, how good it had felt with his body pressing on hers, his heat infecting her very being. Caius thankfully didn't seem to notice, too busy trying to subdue her, no doubt. And really, she supposed she had been acting like a child.

But Goddess, he got under her skin. It was like he knew exactly what to say to her to annoy her.

Astrid heard a knock startling her out of her reverie. She quickly ran to the door and threw it open. It was Caius, dripping wet, with Kitty who looked like a little, soaking rat in his arms. Although she'd never call Kitty a rat out loud, not if she wanted to keep her face from being attacked.

"Oh goddess, you found her," Astrid pulled him into her room and shut the door. "Thank you, thank you". She repeated over and over again. She grabbed the little cat and bundled her in some towels by the little fire place.

She turned to Caius and noticed lines of little cat scratches lining his arms and a few on his chest.

"Oh she scratched you," Astrid remarked, "I'm so sorry, let me get some tonic for that."

Caius seemed oddly quiet, pensive even, as he watched her fiddle around with some bottles in a bag. Astrid felt her heart hammer into her chest, wondering what he might possibly be thinking.

Most likely he was regretting his choice to go after kitty all for an annoying, immature girl like her. She instantly felt guilty over the way she'd been treating him. Maybe she didn't need to run him out of the city just yet, maybe he had somewhat earned his job.

You're being weak Astrid. The guy does one nice thing and you're ready to take your clothes off and give up everything.

"There's no need, they'll heal in no time,"

"No really," Astrid replied, swallowing the lump in her throat, "Let me. It's the least I can do for all your trouble. Besides she is no ordinary cat. Familiar scratches and bites can be fatal if they release venom, even for big bad wolves. So best to be cautious and let me take a look."

"Well, you'll want to look at my back first then," Caius turned to show her an array of scratches across his back. Her familiar had positive shredded his shirt. She could see deep welts and some shallower scratches.

"Oh goddess, she is such an ungrateful cat. Take off your shirt. I'll be back."

Astrid walked to bathroom and grabbed some towels for help dry him, and to put on the bed so she could attend to the wounds. She tried to ignore the fact he was standing in her room, dripping wet and shirtless, instead trying to focus on the healing. She owed him this in the very least.

She lay two towels on the bed, "Sit".

Strangely Caius complied without comment. She gently towled his head and shoulders, pleased to observe the fine muscles which played across his body.

It was so unfair, Astrid mused, for such an annoying guy to be so fucking hot.

When he was sufficiently dry, she grabbed the tonic and soaked some cotton pads and dabbed them across the little scratches on his back. It was just as well, someone of them seemed to have venom.

"Hm," Astrid mumbled, "She definitely was not a happy camper. Where did you find her?"

"A storm drain on Edward Street," he replied, watching her as she applied the tonic.

She could hear Caius swallow, realising how close his face was to hers. She steeled herself, ignoring the heat from his body and focused on treating the scratches the little beast has given him on his body.

She finished up, "I think that's all of them," Astrid rubbed her hands together, "You should be healed completely as if they were normal scratches and not ones from a psycho cat demon".

Kitty mewled in response, apparently offended by the label.

"Well if the paw fits," Astrid glared at the cat ever so innocently laying its head back down and continued luxuriating in front of the fire.

She turned back to Caius who was smiling at her. Astrid felt her stomach knot, her body felt very aware that he was in her room, sitting on her bed, practically half naked. What would it be like, Astrid wondered, to have all of that glorious male flesh pressed up against her? To have those hands touching her? She shook the thoughts from her brain, hoping that he wouldn't notice the flush across her cheeks and chest.

"You're all done," Astrid tried to sound as normal as possible.

Caius got off the bed, coming to stand before her and paused for a moment before opening his mouth.

"Thank you," He seemed to pause again, as if in deep though.

Then out of nowhere Caius' hand came to brush some hairs from her neck and brought his fingers to her shoulder, finally to settle giving her arm a gentle squeeze. Astrid could feel an intense electricity between them starting from the space where his hand met her shoulder, and it travelled straight to pit of her stomach.

Astrid's lips parted with a sigh at the gentle touch. The warmth from his hand seemed to zing straight to the apex between her thighs, she could feel the liquid evidence of her arousal starting to dampen her underwear. She looked up at Caius, and could swear that his eyes had become large and dark.

She couldn't ignore the fission between them, the energy which seemed to flow constantly. Usually she was able to keep it at the back of her mind but tonight in her room, it was loud and strong and would no longer be ignored.

"You're welcome," she whispered. Astrid wasn't sure why she was whispering, it was like a spell had been cast over them and she was terrified of breaking it, of losing whatever it was that was happening between them. Caius took a small step towards her, allowing his hand to slide from her arm to the lush curve of her hips. Another little trail of sparks soon followed, the fire of lust burning through the witch.

Astrid tilted her head towards him, she couldn't help it, didn't want to. For a mere moment he seemed about to kiss her, his eyes focused intently on her lips.

And for a moment she was going to let him. Caius leaned down, just a small distance away from touching her lips with his and her heart just about wanted to explode from the proximity.

She'd never looked at his face so closely. Never allowed herself to give him such attention. But now, with how close they were, with the electricity which seemed to bound through the very air around them...all she could do was stare and study. Astrid noticed the five o'clock shadow which graced his jaw, the different colours in his eyes. She could taste the smell of his skin, he was so close. She wanted desperately for him to close the tiny distance between them, aching to feel his lips on hers.

A sudden buzzing filled the room, she jumped back, startled out of the trance.

Caius seemed to take a deep breath and pulled out the phone. Astrid was lost from the sudden lack of contact, she felt devastated, unexpectedly cold and lost.

"I guess you need to go," Astrid nodded towards the phone, trying to pretend like they weren't just about to kiss before being interrupted.

"Yeah, it's Vanessa" Caius turned to her, she didn't know what had come over her, but hearing the Queen's name made her want to punch him, "Thanks for helping me with the scratches," he smiled, eyes lingering on her just a moment longer than was polite.

For a second she could have sworn his eyes were filled with need for her. Astrid shook her head and smiled, "You should go to her."

Caius nodded, "Good night, little witch,"

He left, closing the door behind him.

————

As soon as Caius left the room he mentally berated himself. He was so foolishly about to kiss her. About to ruin everything for his master. It was as if Vanessa had known; the phone going off, calling him to her. At least tonight he would be able to manage fucking her. He felt like he had been about to explode just touching Astrid, his hands on her sweet-scented skin.

She had looked breathless, and the unmistakable scent of her arousal had cloaked the air, he had used every muscle in his body to stop himself from sinking to the floor and pressing his face into her crotch. He wanted to breath her in - no, he needed to breath her in. It had almost undone him.

And the way her face had been so close to his? The way her mouth had been parted as she had fixed the scratches from the ridiculous cat. He'd been beyond annoyed at having to traipse after the feline in the rain, but having Astrid so close to him? willingly touching his body...

Fuck it, it was worth it.

Caius liked to imagine the little witch was eager for his touch. She had looked at him with such desire in her eyes, it was a bitter taste in his mouth to leave her like that.

Of course, even if she was interested in him, there was no way he'd be able to actually do anything about it. Not unless he wanted to seriously piss of the local clan and cause further problems for his master.

What a mess.

The phone buzzed again. He looked down at the little device and wished with every fibre of his being that he could smash it.