Astrid in Love Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Although maybe if things settled a bit she might be able to get her sisters to go to her room in the underground and collect the rest of her stuff.

"Yes, yes, it's all my fault. Come on, Astrid," Caius growled, pocketing his phone and wallet.

There was a knock on the door, and Astrid stopped packing for a moment to open the door. Before her stood Ana and Lena, and it suddenly hit her in reality. This would possibly be the last time she's see her sister's in person. At least for a month. She'd been away from the before obviously - had really been in Europe only a few months ago. But somehow this felt different. This felt scarier, probably because there was a real possibility that Astrid and Caius would never be able to step foot in Sydney again.

Caius had said his King would probably try and settle things with the Sydney Clan but there was a real possibility that they wouldn't be able to actually come back to Sydney. Of course, her sisters would no doubt visit, but it wasn't the same. Sydney was her home. She wasn't even sure about the Coven in Melbourne. They were blood witches, not dark witches like the Sydney Coven.

Ana had promised they would welcome Astrid with open arms, but it was all so new and so sudden and scary.

"Hey, I thought I'd swing by with some things." Ana said, holding up a little bag of items, "Just some herbs and stones, a few candles."

"Also I put my my cute shirt you always steal in there," Came Lena from behind their oldest sister,

"Your cute shirt with the cute off-the-shoulder sleeves and cute flower print?" Astrid felt tears blind her.

Lena nodded, "The very one. Because I love you and well, since so much of your crap is still in the underground and we can't really get it right now, we figured you'd want some stuff to bring with you."

"Bless you witches," Astrid knew there were tears running down her face as she lurched forward and enveloped her sisters in a big hug.

"You have a baby bump," Lena was also crying she realised, "A tiny, precious baby bump!" Both sisters pulled back to survey the little bump visible through the shirt.

"That's so cute." Ana said, a sob coming from her, Astrid had never seen Ana cry, "We're not gonna see your babies develop are we?"

"Yes you will. I'll send you photos of my fat stomach everyday, and you can come visit me in Melbourne can't you? And I'm sure Caius' King will get everything sorted so that we can at least come back for a bit," Astrid said hopefully.

"He'll try his best," Caius didn't sound convinced, but there was no time to discuss that now.

"Well I'm booking flights for us to damn well come down and visit you in two weeks when I can organise for the Shop to be taken care of." Ana announced huffily, "These are the first babies in our family. We need to be there for our sister and our little nephews-slash-nieces."

"That would be wonderful," Caius said, large hand enveloping Astrid's warmly, his hand bringing hers up for a kiss, "You are welcome with us anytime for however long,"

Astrid was so grateful to Caius for his love of her own family. He knew he meant what he'd said and it filled her with absolute warmth.

"I guess we'd better go," Astrid said solemnly.

————

It was a weird feeling, weird movements, weird silence. The four of them trailed down the stairs and into the shop. They stood before each other and moment seemed to stretch.

Lena was the first to break the silence, "Your taxi is here."

More silence, as Caius gathered the two small bags. It was a surreal moment, that this taxi was here to take her to her new and sudden life.

They cautiously walked out the door, first her sisters, casting out detection spells, pushing out another defensive spell which Astrid could feel in her bones. For a moment, Astrid watched tensely as Lena seemed to pause suddenly, she could feel a massive power push, as if she was trying to reveal something.

A feeling of dread overcame Astrid, and she wondered briefly if the werewolves were using magic to hide and were going to ambush as soon as her and Caius stepped out of the house.

There didn't appear to be anyone there waiting, not that she could see. Astrid felt herself relief a breath she didn't realise she was holding.

Ana gestured them forward and Astrid and Caius quickly walked down the steps and towards the taxi. Caius open the door, gently helping Astrid through into the car, then himself.

Ana nodded, "Take care of our sister, Caius."

"I will," Caius nodded, "Always."

With that, her mate shut the car door and the taxi began pulling away from the Magic Shop and down the street. Astrid couldn't quite believe it, the feeling of shock still in her body as they began to drive away from her sisters. It was all too bizarre.

"Where are you two flying out to?" The taxi driver asked, too jovially for this time in the morning, in Astrid's opinion. She watched with sadness as the Magic shop, and her sisters, became smaller and smaller as the taxi drove away.

She leaned into Caius, who wrapped an arm around her and pulled him to his warm body, placing the gentlest of kisses on the top of her head.

Astrid looked up at her mate and he gave her a small smile, large hand coming to cup her face tenderly. She felt a warm feeling of safety bleed through her body, through her muscles. She would be okay, she realised, as long as she had her strong wolf with her. Whatever the trouble, they would get through it together. She knew this, like she knew that the sky was blue and that water was wet. It was a pure fact now.

A feeling of contentment ran through her, as she realised that this was the turning point now, where they would start their knew life together. As soon as they stepped off the plane and into Melbourne things were going to be irrevocably different.

"Home," Caius replied to the driver, "We're going to our new home."

————

THE END (AHHHHHHHHH!!) I kind of hate it, which is why I've been stalling on posting this. But I bit the bullet and went for it anyway.

If you're interested in a little bit of cute mushiness, I'm writing up an epilogue for these guys which I'll be posting.

This isn't the last stop for the Castegarde sisters. If you're interested in knowing more about them, stay tuned for the next story I'll be putting up here, called 'Saving Ana':

Ana Castegarde needs saving; from her duties, from her coven, and most of all from herself. The job of Coven Mother is too much for the witch and it is a lonely burden only she can carry.

Enter just one more burden: the vampire Julian, Master of the City and perennial pain in Ana's ass. He's been cursed and no one can recover him; the vampire has become a violent, unresponsive beast literally overnight. His vampires think that Ana and the coven are the only chance of bringing their master back.

Julian is in trouble, The Vampire wakes up in a purgatory like state - trapped in a weird cloud-like world, unable to speak, barely able to see. The only thing he can see is a beautiful witch who is familiar to him, although he cannot remember why he knows her or who she is. Julian is bound inside his head with no way of getting out. For the first time in his life, he is helpless and in desperate need of saving.

For those of you who've read 'Lover', you get to hear more about Lena and Romulus in 'Saving Ana' as well.