Aunt Jean, Ron, and...

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
A_Satori
A_Satori
760 Followers

Kyli grinned and nodded. "Yes, that's it. A weathered manliness!"

Ted chuckled. "Okay, you two. You made your point."

Kyli looked at her lover and brother. "And what point is that?"

He looked into Ky's dark, beautiful, almond eyes. "That I was a rude ass just now." He smiled. "But.." He motioned with his thumb at Ron. "... so was this guy."

"Hey, I was just... ahhh... making small talk, you know... joining in the table conversation." Ron smiled at Jean. "And... and ahh... wishing I had some weathered manliness."

Everyone at the table laughed or grinned at the comment. Ron noticed that right afterwards, Jean seemed to be a more at ease.

They continued chatting, mainly about what it might be like to be marooned on a tropical island. Ted and Ron were smart enough not to mention the hot chicks again. It was mostly Kyli and Jean recounting what they had heard and read about it, saying the survivors' main concerns had been water, food, and shelter. They all talked about the Tom Hanks' film, but argued about the title, the women thought it was "Castaway," Ted thought that was a title of another flick, and Ron wasn't sure. Kyli mentioned she was glad she had come down to visit her parents for a week otherwise she would have missed meeting Joe.

Ron was still trying to place Kyli. He was sure he had seen her before. It seemed totally bizarre that he and Palow and then even that Joe guy were having déjà vus or whatever it should be called. During a momentary lull in the conversation, he asked Kyli if she was also a student downstate.

Kyli grinned. "No, I teach math."

Jean looked at her. "What grade?"

"Eighth. I really enjoy it." Kyli took a chance. "What's your degree in?"

Jean answered without thinking. "Education." Jean glanced at Ron as her stomach tense once more.

"Are you teaching yet?"

Jean looked at Kyli and her mind was blank except for the truth. "I teach first grade." She bit her lower lip for a moment. "I-I mean I will be teaching this coming fall." Jean wasn't sure if Ron had said she was his date, or even his girlfriend earlier. She hoped neither Kyli nor Ted could tell her real age. She thought her disfigurement actually helped in that regard. Most people concentrated on that before getting around to noticing her age or anything else about her face or body. At least she thought that was true.

"That should be fun."

"I think it will be. I enjoy being with young children, and especially look forward to teaching reading."

Kyli smiled. "I have a feeling you're going to do really well."

"How long have you been teaching?"

"Three years."

"And you've enjoyed it so far?"

Kyli smiled. "Uh-huh, but... I've been thinking about going back to grad school."

"In Education?"

"No, in Physics."

Ted's brow pinched. "You've been thinking about returning to grad school?"

She looked at Ted and nodded. "Just thinking... recently."

Ted stared into Ky's eyes for a few seconds, then he picked up his glass. His smile had disappeared.

Ky's teeth clamped her lower lip for a moment. "I... I was going to talk to you about it tonight."

Ted didn't look at her. "Oh... that's nice." He sipped his coffee.

Kyli didn't frown but her jaw tensed. He was pouting again and this time it wasn't cute. She really had only thought about it recently, nothing definite, and she had planned to discuss it with him later. It had just slipped out. Just like in a NORMAL situation with another couple! She took a slow breath then smiled at Jean. "Will you be teaching around here? The suburbs?"

Jean was already chastising herself for the slip up. She should have said she was still looking for a position. "Um... um... ah... no. It's... um... a small town near the quad cities." She quickly picked up her coffee and took a sip, her eyes on Ron, hoping he'd know she needed help in the conversation. She was telling Kyli entirely too much, and she was now absolutely sure they'd not believe she was only twenty-two.

Ron knew Jean was scared, he was a little nervous now too. He looked at Kyli. "Where do you teach?"

"Rockport. It's near Rockford."

"Yeah. I met a couple guys at school from Rockport. Nice guys."

"It's a pleasant place to live. It's only a little over an hour and half to drive here, to visit my parents in Naper Grove or come into the city."

Both Ron and Jean tensed hearing her comment. Ron recovered first. He needed to change the conversation immediately. He looked at his prof. Palow seemed pissed. "Do you have any exhibitions coming up this summer, here in Chicago?"

"Ahh... no. I'm hoping to have some shows next year. I... I'm not with a gallery here in the city. I'll be looking for other venues, probably university galleries for the time being."

Ted knew he'd probably never break into the commercial gallery scene but he'd damn well die trying. Like a lot of things, it seemed to be more who you knew, than what you knew, or in his case, what you produced. He had never been one to chase any current stylistic bandwagon. He had two appointments with gallery directors this coming week. No actual work to show them, just slides and a power point. The last gallery appointment he had the fucking director wasn't there and hadn't called to cancel. The art world was replete with arrogant assholes.

Kyli said, "You had an exhibition at that gallery on Fullerton two years ago."

"That was a two person show, Ky, not a solo exhibition." He didn't want to mention the gallery hadn't even been one of the better ones outside the main gallery district.

Jean asked, "What's your art like?" She was very glad the topic had changed. She glanced at Ron. He had saved her.

Ted half smiled. He never really knew how to answer that cliché question. "It's... figural, expressive representational with a dash of funk, which gives it a flavor of being... slightly cartoony sometimes, my influences run from Picasso to Pre-Columbian art, if... if any of that description makes sense to you. I have another stylistic vein too, almost straight naturalism, that's mostly drawings, figural pieces, not scapes."

Ky looked at both Ron and Jean, "I really like his work. Mom and Dad sometimes think it's a little pervy though." She started to smile then her face froze. She felt breathless and nearly faint for a few moments.

Ted forced a grin and quickly added, "The parents of all the girls I know think it's pervy, but it's not at least in my definition of pervy... although some of my naturalistic drawings have an element in them. My other stuff too, I guess." His grin widened. "So... maybe my stuff is a little pervy."

"I really liked that large figure drawing you had in the Faculty Exhibition this spring, and that painting was awesome." Ron hoped Palow didn't think he was sucking up. He really had liked both pieces. That drawing not only was really good, almost photo realism, but it was hot too. A nude girl tied to a wooden chair. Life size.

Jean was looking at Kyli. She had suddenly gotten pale, almost looking like she might faint. Jean leaned towards her. She spoke softly, "Kyli, are you... all right?"

Kyli nodded. "Yes... it's um... just... it's the spicy food."

Ted looked at his sister. "Queasy?"

Ky nodded again. "A little."

"Should we get going?"

"Mmm..." She took a slow breath. It hadn't been that big a slip. She gazed at Ted, it seemed he didn't think it had been that bad. She was amazed at how quickly he covered for her. "No. I'm fine, let's finish our coffees."

Ron was still wondering about the Mom and Dad comment. He glanced at Jean. She looked nervous again, probably thinking about Kyli's earlier comment visiting her parents. He turned his face to Ted, thinking he was helping Jean calm down, not knowing he was helping both women. "I think it would be really great to have a place in the city. How long did you live here, Ted?"

The conversation continued another ten minutes or so, mostly about the city, Millennium Park, how every area seemed more congested than Ted remembered, how there was now paid parking everywhere even in the lakeshore parks, how the theater scene seemed to still be growing, how none of them had ever gone to "Second City" but Ted mentioned a really good Mexican restaurant just down the street from it, how gentrification both improved and screwed up the city at the same time.

Ron's and Jean's waitress walked up. She smiled. "Would you like anything else?"

Ron looked at Jean. "No, thanks."

The girl reached for the little check tray. "I'll bring back your change."

"No, that's all for you."

She smiled. "Thank you."

Ron again smiled at the girl. "You're welcome."

Ted looked at Kyli. "Think we should get going?"

Kyli nodded. She smiled at Ron then Jean. "This was fun. I'm really glad we ran into you two."

Jean realized she had fun too, fun interspersed with segments of fear and panic. "Yes, it was. I'm glad I met both of you." She glanced at Ted. He was smiling at her. It made her nervous again.

"Be right back." Ted went to their original table, laid money down for the bill and a good tip. When he returned everyone was standing. Ky and Ron were shaking hands. He stepped to Jean and smiled. He extended his hand. "I'm glad we met."

Jean took his hand. She felt breathless for a moment. "I... me too."

"If I had an exhibition coming up, I'd ask for your address so I could mail you an announcement." He released her hand.

"Oh... I'm-I'm... in between right now. I mean... I-I don't... I haven't found a place around my... um, new position."

"Well... if I have a show, I'll send an invite to Ron. He can tell you."

"All right. That w-would be nice."

Ted was still trying to figure out where the hell he had seen her. He turned to Ron. "Okay, man, take it easy, have a good summer." He shook the student's hand firmly.

"Yeah, you too, Ted."

Kyli looked at Ron then Jean. "Are you two walking out now too?"

Ron turned his face to Jean. "Ahh... yeah, I guess."

Jean smiled and nodded but was still nervous and trying to figure out why exactly. She hoped no one suggested going somewhere else. It wouldn't be a bar, Ron was too young. Her anxiety rose.

Ron picked up their take home bag. The girls led the way. Ted let Ron exit preceding him. Outside Ted mentioned their car was right across the street then asked Ron where he had parked. Ron told him it wasn't far. Ted offered them a lift to it.

Ron smiled. "Thanks but it's a nice night to walk." He was tired of worrying. He reached up and put his hand on Jean's far shoulder near her neck, not quite his arm really around her though. He felt her body stiffen and knew it had been a mistake. He pulled his hand away and got irritated. It was just a little touch!

Ted nodded and smiled. "Okay." He took another look at Jean. Where the hell have I seen her before?! He put his arm around Ky. "Well, goodnight, then."

Kyli smiled. "Bye you guys. It was fun."

Jean smiled. "It was. Goodnight."

Ron smiled. "Night." He and Jean started walking away. Jean slipped her arm around his. Ron's irritation instantly vanished.

Ted and Kyli stepped to the curb.

Kyli glanced at Ron and Jean, then slid her arm around her brother/lover's waist. She spoke softly, "Ted, I'm really sorry about that verbal slip. I... I was worried about you, and then it's me mentioning Mom and Dad."

"Don't worry about it." His jaw tensed. "Why didn't you-"

Kyli already knew what he was going to say and broke in, "Ted, don't be mad. I've hardly thought about going back to school. Really. I was going to talk with you about it tonight. I want to know what you think, and... and it came out as it would in any normal situation. It's only been on my mind this past week, the past few days really, since school got out. So-so don't jump all over me. Are you angry at me now?"

He exhaled. "No. Not really."

"I hate when you say 'not really.' I think it means you're angry but not overly so."

Ted grinned. He slid his arm from around her and took her hand as they waited for a gap in the traffic. "You know who I picked that up from?"

"Who?"

He chuckled. "You."

"No you didn't."

"Yeah, I did."

"No, you di..." Ted tugged her hand.

"C'mon, let's cross." They had to walk fast.

When they reached the other side, Ted pulled her close and kissed her firmly. He released her hand and put both his arms around her. Ky pressed her lithe body to his. Her mouth opened a little wider, the tips of their tongues caressed for a few moments, then the kiss slowed, finally their faces parted. He hugged her, then kissed her ear. "I'm not angry."

"Good." She felt Ted's arms loosen, but she responded by hugging him tighter. She heard his breathy, brief chuckle as his arms held her close again. "I love you, Ted."

"I love you, Ky." He kissed her head. "Want to go somewhere for a drink? There's this little jazz bar I know of north of here. Or... dessert? Or straight home." Their arms pulled back. He took her hand again and started towards the car. He was hoping she'd pick the last option. His balls were turning blue.

"Mmm... how about... before we get home, we stop and pick up some... Ben 'n' Jerry's?"

He smiled. "Sure." He opened Ky's door first, held it for her as she got in. Even in the long shorts her legs looked lickable. Jean's had too in that short stretchy skirt. He shut the door then went around the car, Ky leaned over and opened the door for him. He got in. They buckled their seat belts, he started the car, switched on the headlights, then turned to look out the rear window as he backed out of the parking space.

"Did you think Jean was a lot older than Ron?"

"Well, she said she had just graduated, so... what? Twenty-two?"

"She didn't say that, she just said she would start teaching this coming fall. And... she stumbled all over that. Did you notice that?"

"How old do you think she is?"

"I think she's my age."

"Really?"

"Uh-huh." She saw Ted's mouth curve. "Why the smile?"

"My respect for Ron just rose tenfold." He chuckled.

Kyli exhaled. "You would say something like that."

"You really think she's twenty-seven?"

"Yes. You the artist... I'd expect you to notice."

"Hell, Ky, I don't think you look twenty-sev..." He braked at the exit as his face went slack for a few moments. "Last summer, we... we saw her, maybe... maybe we saw Ron too."

Kyli's brow pinched. "When... where?"

"The day, the-the morning after... after we first made love, we were at that cafe in town. She was the chick wearing the sunglasses, I said she looked like your twin. Remember? I'm sure I mentioned the sunglasses."

"That... that was her?"

Ted recalled wondering if her eye area was injured or deformed. "Yeah, remember? The sunglasses. That was her."

Kyli did vaguely recall it. "Are you really sure?"

"Yeah, the hair, she looks like you, and... and her eye. I wasn't sure about the eye last summer, but... I thought it looked deformed. Yeah, I'm positive that was her. Did she say in what suburb her brother lived?"

"No." Kyli blinked. She felt breathless for a moment. "Oh god... it... it couldn't be Naper Grove, could it?"

"I don't think too many people would drive to that cafe unless they lived in town, do you?"

"Oh god... what if... what if we run into her? And... and where do Ron's parents live? Did he say?" Oh my god! Did I mention where Mom and Dad live?!

*

Ron let go of Jean's hand, unlocked and opened the car door for her, then walked around the car. She pushed his door open. He placed the take home bag on the rear floor, then and got in.

Jean looked at him. They hadn't spoken much on the short walk. She had to bring it up and guessed he was thinking about it too. "I was... shocked when she said her parents lived in Naper Grove. What... what are we going to do?"

Ron started the engine. "Yeah, I was a little surprised when she said that."

"And you thought you saw her before. Was... was it in town?" Jean bit her lower lip for a moment.

Ron checked the traffic, then pulled away from the curb. "I don't know where or even if I've really seen her before. If I did... yeah, it could have been in town, I guess. It could have been anywhere, or nowhere." He had a sudden vague notion he had seen her when he was with his dad, they had exchanged a look about her. They were in an elevator somewhere. No, that made no sense, it couldn't be right.

"What are we going to do?"

Ron braked for a red traffic light. He took her hand in his as he met her eyes. "Jean, firstly, we're not going to worry about it. Secondly, if she sees us together, or... if Palow happens to see us if he's also visiting her parents... well, they've seen us together already. I didn't say we were a couple. I didn't say anything like that, neither did you. I mean it's not like we're going to invite them over to the house."

Jean's eyes were still wide. Her teeth clamped her lower lip for a few seconds. "What if... what if we're outside, in front... and-and one of them drive by?"

"Jean, c'mon, is that ever really going to happen?"

"Before we sat at the table this evening, did you think you'd see your art professor? From... from 300 miles away?"

Ron exhaled and saw the light change. He released her hand and made a right turn. "Are we still going to the planetarium for a view of the skyline?"

Jean's anxiety was burgeoning. "Yes." She closed her eyes and tried to relax. Kyli had said she'd be visiting her parents for a week. They only had to worry for that amount of time. She felt Ron take her hand again. She looked at his profile, her eyes welled. Everything was so insane. She loved him so much though. More tears filled her eyes. She turned her face to the window. She didn't want him to see her cry. As furtively as possible, she wiped her tears with her fingertips.

Ron noticed her hand move. He glanced at her then gazed at the traffic ahead. "Jean, relax, please. She said she was visiting her parents for a week, something like that. Maybe I've never seen her before, and... and even if Palow is staying with her parents too, it's just a week. They're not going to be looking for us. Neither of us mentioned Naper Grove."

"We... we have to be careful, Ron. We have to be." She wiped her eyes again.

*

Ted lane changed and then glanced at Kyli's legs. "Next time we go out, why don't you wear one of those stretchy mini skirts you have."

"I thought it'd be too cold for a skir..." She blinked. "Are you thinking about Jean?"

He chuckled. "What?"

"She was wearing a skirt like that."

"No, I wasn't thinking about her." His smile faded, then his jaw clenched.

Kyli bit her lower lip. Oh-oh. "Ted, I didn't mea-"

He broke in, "I just told you an hour ago how much I love you. Who the fuck do you imagine I think about all the time? You act like I'm checking out every girl who walks by and getting hard envisioning fucking them. You think I'm that kind of an asshole?"

Kyli's eyes welled. She reached for his forearm. It was tensed, hard as wood. "I... I don't think that.... any of that. I... I don't know why I said that. I..." She wiped her eyes. "I-I don't know..." Her voice rose in pitch, "I want you to be happy, have... have everything, that-that I don't think we'll be able to have t-together, but I also... I worry so much you'll... you'll find some girl t-to have it all with, a-and I get so... so jealous of that g-girl. I'm sorry."

A_Satori
A_Satori
760 Followers