Aurora, Wayward Pt. 01

Story Info
Follow on the Astra series, Set 5,200 years in the future.
31.5k words
4.74
11.8k
30

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 10/27/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Aurora, Wayward Series, Pt. 1

Synopsis: A long-forgotten wayward people. A War Hero was rescued and given a new lease on life. Every lease has a cost. (The follow-on Series to Astra)

Inspired by so many things but not endorsed by any of them. © EmotionalStorm March 2020. This story cannot be transferred to any other site besides Literotica.com without prior authorization in writing from the author and EmotionalStorm must be credited for this work.

Prologue

Forgotten to all but a few in the Hybrid Eternal Council, the Drakor, and some Terran historians. The wayward penal Colony of Pena rose from the ashes after 4,500 years and returned to space. They settled other worlds in their system that 'happened' to be habitable but had not traveled beyond it yet. They continued to expand to these new worlds over the next 700 years.

The Terran hybrids; true to their word, never entered this system. The civilization that rose knew little to nothing of its foundation. Not the agreements, or the promises of the Drakor's return to seeking them out again in the future when they rediscovered FTL travel.

They knew themselves as Penans; not humans or Terrans. Their languages evolved separately as a mashup of multiple languages with new words. Most body expressions had only a little overlap after all that time from the Terran languages. They had several civil wars between the various colonies within the system.

Pena Prime, the moon around it, known as Trisan or 'Shadow Walker' in their language. Trisan was the only habitable moon in the system. The other 3 habitable planets traveled in the same orbital path at the same distance appeared, always 120 degrees away from each other. They were slightly cooler. Those 3 worlds that were terraformed years ago unbeknownst to the people of this age where Drisan, Ridan, and Gresan.

All named after their 'founders.' Four planets and a moon in the 'habitable' belt of this system. Five worlds that often stood divided. Then, during one of their small and petty internal wars, between Gresan and Drisan, they were invaded by another species.

Gresan was attacked. The accord signed by the hybrids stated they would never enter that system unless they attacked a Terran colony. The treaty never discussed what would happen if humanity invaded them.

Authors note: While all of these worlds developed separately for the sake of clarity, I will use the Standard Calendar in reference to dates. I write as a form of therapy from Traumatic Brain injury and am on disability for a number of issues. I never plan to be a professional writer. If you find a word mix up or grammar issue, I will apologize in advance to the overly observant English majors. I do the best I can.

---

The year 2451 (Year of the accord from Terra with the Pena system. Where Human hybrids vowed to never enter this system even if the Pena humans requested assistance. Unless they attacked another Terran colony, at which point the human hybrids would be on their front door knocking hard.)

Year 7735, March 29th (Privately owned, non-government sponsored Terra colony invasion of Pena launched from the Incar system.)

---

Year 7738, June 12th

Location Mixtios in the Tau Ceti System (Hybrid Eternal Council Chambers of the Home Guard)

The council consisted of three married coupled at this time, and they were married across blade colors. Rosa Parker (Head of the red blades was married to Vince Parker, the lower of the blue blades.)

Johnathan Travus (Twelve generations removed from the founder Jack Travus) now led the purple blades and the council as a whole. He was married to Rebecca or Becca Travus a fiery red blade that went along with her Irish roots and flaming red hair.

Then Brenda Travus Lee the lower of the purple Blades (Great, sixteen times removed, granddaughter of Johnathan Travus and Akio Travus. Also related to the former President turned hybrid Negotiator/Statesman.) She was married to Lee Bo the head of the blue blades of mostly Chinese descent.

He was a fourth-generation hybrid. Lee Bo was known as "The Doctor" as he was a child genius who became a medical doctor, pediatrician, doctor in xenobiology, and a surgeon for all of the above. His IQ as a hybrid measured at the highest during this time at 250. He was the one they called in when an issue arose between interspecies breeding and procreation.

If medical issues arose within the offspring of such unions; If they could be fixed, he was the one who could find and work the solution. That included if the carrying partner was in health trouble. That kept him and his wife traveling aboard his dreadnought constantly. Today was different. The entire council was assembled at the request of the Drakor.

They had connections to all colony leaders either physically present or watching over distant communication. It was also being broadcast into the Alien Alliance building; a hybrid equivalent of a United Nation but for this Galaxy. It was located on Mixtios. All member races were guided by being graduated Drakor Hybrid species who had Home Guard treaties almost verbatim to the one used by the humans.

This was an unprecedented meeting asked for by the Drakor. Everyone waited as a Drakor Advanced Scout landed. Unlike previous meetings, they did not come as 3 Drakor. Instead, there were 21 of them, 7 appeared to have 2 bodyguards each. They walked in three abreast but the outer 2 columns watched the people in the gallery.

They scanned the room and paid little attention to the Hybrids they were meeting with, other than scanning the crowd. They acted very much like bodyguards. They walked into the middle of the room as a second ship, a smaller Drakor shuttle landed. The Drakor from that one guarded the two ships. The reason for the second ship was unclear and again highly unusual.

The one in front looked at all the screens and the bracelets to every dignitary watching as they lit up. He spoke mentally to everyone.

* This is what you humans call a 'good news, bad news situation.' The good news is the Drakor Nation is ready to place an Embassy on Mixtios. I am Profound Justice, your Ambassador. Behind me is our council if you will, including the one you know as Justice Incarnate, who as the head of our council, selected me to fill this position.

Your ancestor Jack Travus was a great human and a strong and capable leader. He was not the best at treaties. I should say those who wrote and confirmed the treaties of those days. They did not consider all the variables that could happen. The human you know as Jackson Fedrick Carter has created an intergalactic incident.

He launched a private terraforming colony expedition with 32 war class civilian vessels operated by AI units and 6 colony carriers of various types 3 years ago. Over the last 7 days he invaded, he attempted to invade, one world named Gresan, occupied by a pre-FTL civilization.

A clear violation in Interstellar Law. The local population managed to overwhelm the colony ships in numbers; he destroyed several of the enemy battleships and destroyers by ramming them; this brought down his ship's shields. They were in conflict with Drisan at the time, another colony world in the system, and his action took no notice of which forces ships he destroyed.

The AI ships refused to fire upon the enemy ships in the system they were invading. Instead, they attempted to block both sides from firing on each other as they attempted to shield the colony ships to a point. Until they were ordered to pull back because they were blocking the few weapons on the colony ships from being able to fire and then their shields were failing.

Carter destroyed 7 of his own AI battleships in the exchange in order to get his lead ship to the surface of the planet. Another 5 AI battleships fell from being shot at from multiple parties. They had no air cover; the enemy did not accept surrender. Likely because they did not understand the language at that point. The second ship in the group was destroyed prior to atmospheric entry.

The other four were disabled and boarded. The presence of children slowed and then stopped the slaughter. Mostly women and children remained. The last 20 AI ships were boarded as their shields were down and they had never fired at either party. They blasted through the shuttle bay doors.

Even internally they would not fire to prevent this boarding action as it was against their programming. The list of technology given away to these people includes some of the latest human and AI systems from your people to engine and weapons technology.

The AI units are, or course aiding in the efforts of these people to understand the technology. Speeding this process along; somewhat. The engineers do not like taking direction from AI units. They have been in a technology and arms race within the system since the fighting stopped just days ago.

All trying to quickly adopt this new technology into their existing airframes and warships. A small project on Gresan attempted to use the invader's ships. They made quick repairs to one of the FLT enabled colony transport shuttles.

They put it together from three destroyed craft with the aid of the AI units. Yesterday they attempted an FTL jump. It lasted less than 1 minute before a distress beacon was activated. Yet they did get a ship into FTL, which alerted us to begin their evaluation as a species. They are now centuries or more aptly put millennia ahead of where they should be.

One of Gresan's greatest war heroes, from this attacked planet, attempted this FTL test. The pilot was wearing an EVA suit at the AI unit's insistence. He had lost a couple of limbs previously from his war injuries, making him an ideal candidate for this testing because of his expendability. He was days away from what would have been his forced military retirement given the end of hostilities. All based upon communications we intercepted.

He is now awaiting the choice to become a hybrid or Drakor as his ship was recovered by the Drakor. He is in stasis for now awaiting your arrival. Limbs already attached. He has yet to select a blade and your assistance in that process is being requested by the Drakor Nation. This falls to you, Hand of Justice Johnathan Travus, to resolve. *

Johnathan looked over. He spoke telepathically as well as verbally, "First, welcome Ambassador Profound Justice. Why did the AI units stand down and why are they helping them? We should send members of our diplomatic corps to work a negotiation with these people to recover the colonists."

He heard him sigh mentally, * Your treaty forbids it. The AI units were programmed to not attack humans. The people do not see themselves as humans but they are related to you. They call themselves Penans.

They reside in the system you call Pena and by treaty, you are forbidden to go there unless they attack a Terran colony. You cannot provide assistance in a crisis, even if they request assistance. The treaty never covered what would happen if a Terran colony attacked them.

Terran Hybrids are barred from going there and they are gearing up for war against the pink-skinned aggressors. Their skin has taken on a dusky red color and their hair colors vary with deep red, black, and silver being the predominant colors. They have no body hair except thin eyebrows and the hair on their heads which they tend to let grow long for both sexes.

They have five worlds, counting the one moon, colonized in the system and they were in the middle of a civil conflict when this outside aggressor forced them to unite together. They attacked only one planet, yet they mistakenly attacked both parties in this fight. Which drew the attention of the other 3 militaries in the system when they arrived.

This brought a forced truce in hostilities. As both military fleets suffered significant and heavy losses forcing them back to the table and an end to hostilities. They each took 4 of the AI ships to their own worlds. Their customs are nothing like yours. There is no marriage between males and females. Names are individual names with a family name assigned by the mother of the child.

Based upon who she believes the father is or who she would have preferred him to be; correct or not. They move from partner to partner if they do not find an attraction or the attraction dies, then they simply separate. Sometimes taking on other lovers while still together with the first partner or partners.

It is chaotic to understand to say the least. They have no religion but a belief that they are 'the superior being' that many races have is prevalent. Your ancestors referred to them as sub-human. Now you have 2 billion of these sub-humans with your level of technology circulating.

They appear to be uniting against this outside threat and working to build this technology into their ships. Quite poorly I might add. Your treaty said no aid if requested by them. This aid is being requested by the Drakor.

To work as an intermediary to try and resolve this before they take the next step and attack the nearest human colony in retaliation. It would take them years to get to it but that is not the point. They gained the information about where this force launched this attack through the AI units' cooperation.

This action would force you to respond. The question to you and the council. 'Would it be justice to allow this to happen?' Considering it was your people who were the aggressors against a lesser advanced foe. In violation of Interstellar Law?

Many of the colonists sent were taken as slave labor and sex slaves on the planet they invaded; you are in a de facto state of war and their rules of war allow for wartime slavery. *

The Terran President Jenny Gallows looked over, "I will make 3 of my Dreadnought Carriers available to aid in the protection of the nearest Terran founded colony. We are calling on the Home Guard to transport them to that location. Based upon my charts that is the Incar system that they would have had to launch from."

The colony leader Simon Vess sighed, "We have resisted any assistance from Terra directly, in many cases. Provided they do not instigate war and work to act as a shield first for our colony we would welcome the support in the short term only until we can resolve this peacefully. We do not want them launching an offensive from our system."

Becca looked at Johnathan, "We can get 6 of our own Super Dreadnoughts to that system as well."

Johnathan nodded, "Do it with all fighter, and warships deployed from the ships. I want to show this new hybrid the futility in trying to attack this colony. Showing them an image of the forces we can have in place within days, let alone the years it would take them to travel to that location.

Knowing that if they do so we would move in to eliminate them if they did not stand down. As called out in the treaty we would work to neutralize all their space-based craft. Until they mature enough to be members of the larger community.

They killed all of those colonists they have enslaved and all bets are off on how far we go with them. I know they are 'less advanced than us.' I also know they are humans who turned their back on Terra, the technology that Hybrids brought to bear, and killed thousands of children with Drakor blood in doing so.

The Terran Government and the local colony should have ambassadors and negotiators ready to meet with a delegation of these 'people' and determine a way to free the colonists. Else the Terran military could act on its own. We would not be able to stop that course of action. We may be called upon to assist in the transportation of those forces if the time comes.

They need to know that is a real possibility if our people are not returned. We would ask the Terran government to not instigate any further action into this system. Give diplomacy a chance first; in their eyes, you are the aggressor.

Even though it was done by a private citizen. You, as the central government, will be held accountable for the follow-up actions within the Alien Alliance Assembly. All of them will be watching how we react to this situation.

Due to humanity's involvement, we will keep a member of our council in place to brief the council of the developments and keep them up-to-date on our progress as we investigate this further. Including all events surrounding this invasion.

If you are heavy-handed it will reflect poorly on us all; even the human hybrids who are barred from entering this system. The Home Guards' responsibility is called out in that treaty already.

If a new treaty is to be called for then they would have to be at a stage of development in order to qualify for entry into the Assembly. In short, they would have to accept the hybrids that will be coming their way within their society.

Until their society has a majority of acceptance from the population and graduates as a species a treaty cannot be had with them and the Home Guard. That was in the founding documents for the Alien Alliance Assembly inclusion.

While technically human there was no provision in this treaty, when they departed, to revisit it or revoke it. It was 'for all time.' The Terran government and the Incar colony are free to do treaties as they see fit. If it does not involve Home Guard support called out in these treaties.

If it does then this council, the Human Hybrid Eternal Council must agree unanimously. That will be a hard sell given the death of so many of Jack Travus's children to the monster who led this exodus."

The President in Terra, Jenny Gallows, nodded, "Agreed. We will send a few diplomats and negotiators there to work with the colony negotiators in what can be done to secure the release of the enslaved colonists with the least amount of violence. We request the Drakor set up a meeting location and the Home Guard to take one of our carriers to that location for the meeting when that time arrives to do negotiations directly."

Johnathan looked at the Ambassador, "Did he have an AI aboard his ship?"

Ambassador Profound Justice looked at him, * Yes, he has a female Terran AI aboard his ship. We are unable to communicate with her. She appears to be programmed to not interact with Drakor, not that she could.

You are incorrect on the treaty. As it was founded prior to the Alien Alliance it could be reworked and reworded by the three parties in question. That might even be a desired goal. *

Johnathan nodded, "Your comment is noted for the record. Your shuttle can dock with my Colossus. We will take it and bring his ship aboard as well as him still in stasis. I cannot directly help him. I can help his AI to help him; the best I can do to work around the strict wording of the treaty. It will also give us the location for the Terran Military request to bring their diplomats to this meeting location.

I can add a couple of modifications to this new hybrid to let his AI communicate with him mentally. That is to aid the AI in relaying information to him in mass. Everything from the treaty to the Drakor firepower that could come crashing down on them. If they attempt to take on your technology in a similar manner as ours. They are dealing with civilian battleships.

They would not have had the latest weapons, armor, or shields. Let alone the other electronics for those ships. AI ships are 5-6 generations behind our military and reactionary forces by design. They need to understand they would be sending the AI ships into a firing squad to be destroyed.

123456...9