Autumn Wind

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A flicker of hope began to burn inside her, but it might have been the coffee.

"It's just..." Autumn continued, breathing heavy as if she were about to cry again. After a brief pause, she said, "It's just that I was so proud of the work I did. I got in shape for you, because of how I feel about you. I was at the gym and I was eating better because I wanted to look good for you. And I was really, really proud of that. But now..." she shrugged and wiped at a salty streak on her cheek. "I don't have that anymore."

After a quiet beat, Autumn sighed and stepped forward to the couch and sat by Samantha, leaning into her and resting her head on her shoulder. "That's why I'm upset," she whispered softly. "Not because you overstepped any boundary or anything. But because..."

"Because I stole that from you." Samantha whispered back, nuzzling her face into her Girlfriend's hair and taking a long, deep breath as Autumn nodded. "I'm sorry, Autumn."

"It's okay. I—"

"No, it's not okay. But thank you." Samantha spoke up. "But, if it's any sort of consolation..."

Autumn looked up and met her eyes and saw Samantha crack a small smile.

"This is who you always were to me, Girlfriend. It was never about your appearance to me. I just wanted you to be happy, but you weren't," she stroked her arm gently with her fingers. "You were blinded by your own self-image. I didn't do what I did because I'd like how you'd look better. I'm not in love with the way you look, Autumn. I'm... well." She cleared her throat and shifted in her seat. "You, as a person, are what's important to me. And I wanted to make you happy." Samantha moved her arm around Autumn's shoulders and pulled her tight. "But now I also know that it was something you held as an accomplishment, and I hadn't considered that. So I am so, so sorry, Autumn. Please, will you forgive me?"

Autumn looked up from where she was, curled up with her head resting against Samantha's side. After a moment, she made an obviously humorous movement to look past Samantha's breasts that were in the way, making her laugh. "I forgive you, Samantha." Then she closed her eyes and rested her head against Samantha's bosom, beginning to drift off.

Samantha stretched and set her coffee mug down without overly disturbing Autumn, then wiped at her cheek with her sleeve. "Thank you, Autumn."

Her Girlfriend's only response was a small snore that made Samantha laugh. She held her hand over her mouth to stifle the noise and had to wipe away the wetness on her cheeks. With a smile on her face, she whispered, "I love you."

"I love you, too." Came a sleepy voice that filled Samantha with joy and pride. Then Autumn opened her eyes, a jokingly serious expression filling them. "But know that I expect some sort of recompense for this."

Samantha laughed and kissed Autumn's forehead. "Anything you want."

And then they fell asleep, the exhaustion of the day finally catching up to the both of them.

-

1...5678910