Avoiding the Storm Ch. 03-04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Fine" Elena stated bitterly. 'How dare he talk to me that way. He doesn't know who he's fucking with. When I become Alpha bitch, he will be the first to pay' thought Elena to herself. Now, she had to focus on bigger things such as catching her plane.

*Zaira -- Scotland (2 hours later)*

Zaira was leaving the store with bags. She was preparing for a lonely night with ice cream, her favorite tv shows, and a cozy blanket. Strawberry ice cream, the Irish comedy Mrs. Brown's Boys, and a blanket; that is what Zaira called a good night. Driving home, she wondered what to think about; should she think about Colin, Adrian, or a case she heard on the news. Although she worked at a restaurant as a waiter, she continued to think about exciting murder cases. Her first case was about young women around 30 years-old who were found dead. They were beat, raped, and their limbs detached. Zaira could not figure out the connection between the victims, and she grew restless. The longer it took to figure out the case, the longer the murder would stay on the streets. Her ringing cellphone pulled her from her thoughts.

"Hello" Zaria said, as she looked puzzled at the incoming number.

"Hello bonnie" stated the familiar masculine voice.

"Colin well this is a great surprised" grinned Zaria through the phone.

"I suppose it is. You know I couldn't go to bed without hearing that sexy voice of yours" cooed Colin. Zaira rolled her eyes at the flirtatious remark and continued to drive.

"Well since you've heard it, I'm hanging up," joked Zaira.

"Naw, I was only joking. What are your plans for tomorrow?," laughed Colin.

Nothing much really, sitting home probably," stated a depressed Zaira.

"No you're not. I will pick you up tomorrow for lunch" commanded Colin.

"Oh, this will be interesting" laughed Zaira.

"Tomorrow will be a day you will never forget. Well I will pick you up tomorrow around 11" Colin said as he grinned.

"Okay, I look forward to it" said Zaira. Colin and Zaira said their goodbyes and hung up their cellphones. After their conversation, Zaira felt relaxed for that moment. Parking her car, she became nervous because she had not dated for a couple of years. Finally home, Zaira got out of the car and walked to her apartment with a bag in her hand. All she could think about was the upcoming date with Colin.

She unlocked her door, walked inside of her dark apartment, and placed the ice cream in the freezer. She walked towards the living to turn on a lamp, but a dark figure sitting in the room caught her attention. At first Zaira assumed it was just a shadow because the lack of light only displayed an outline. Not having her gun Zaira began to fear for her life. Dropping Eli off and visiting a nice family did not require a gun, but she was wrong. 'Maybe it was the guy on the news, but whoever they were had some guts' thought Zaira.

"Why the hell are you in my house," questioned Zaira. The dark figure just sat there watching her, not speaking a word. Before Zaira could say anything else, she felt someone place a cloth that smelled like chloroform over her mouth. Unable to say anything else or even struggle against her attacker, she began to feel tired. However, she tried her hardest to stay awake.

The last thing she saw was the shadow pull out his cellphone. The last thing she heard was "Package contained" stated an unfamiliar voice. After that statement, Zaira's world turned dark and her body collapsed into her attacker's arms

On the ground I lay, motionless in plain.

I can see my life flashing before my eyes.

Did I fall asleep? Is this all a dream?

Wake me up, I'm living a nightmare.

I will not die, I'll wait here for you.

I feel alive, when you're beside me.

I will not die, I'll wait here for you.

In my time of dying (3)

Song credits: (1) "Paradise" -- Coldplay, (2) "Turning Tables" -- Adele, (3) "Time of Dying" -- Three Days Grace.

Did you enjoy it? I hope you did... Please leave a comment because we (me and Qnightstorm) would like to know what you thought about the story. Chapters 5-6 will hopefully be finished before the end of this year. Unlike other writers, I am not going to write predictable stories.