Avoiding the Storm Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At that moment, Elena felt sorry for Zaira but that feeling left quickly. She did not care about Zaira, Adrian, or anybody else but herself. If she told her sister what she had done, all she would have heard was negativity; she decided to keep Elisa out of her business. Walking to her burgundy Lexus IS convertible Elena felt she had accomplished her goal: to make Adrian suffer for turning her down. In less than 24 hours, she would be miles away, enjoying the sun with a new boy toy, without a care in the world.

*Zaira*

She could not believe what was going on. One moment she was enjoying quality time with her son. Now, her life seemed over and she, Zaira Danielle Jacobs, as Elena mockingly spelled out, belonged to someone. Astonished, all she could think to do was to send a silent prayer up to God. She would need strength and courage to get through this. After a moment of silence, Zaira began to question why was she chained, who was Elena, and most of all what does Igor want with her.

It was her business to know every crook and cranny in New York, therefore she only heard whispers about Igor West. Igor made Conrad seem like a baby still on breast milk, because he was beyond notorious for his dreadful deeds. Suddenly everything began to make sense; Conrad set out to get revenge for turning him in. She assumed that Conrad wanted blood, and he would get it soon. Not paying attention to her surroundings, Zaira suddenly felt pressure on her chin. Recognizing the intruder was Igor, she snatched her head from him.

"Ah my beautiful rose, don't worry I will give you lots to think of when we get back to my place. For now, I need to lay down a couple of rules. Rule number one: there will be no back talk because what I say goes and is final. Rule number two: you are not allowed to go anywhere without my permission. Last rule: if I say 'jump' I want your response to be 'how high'. If you have a problem understanding that then I'll leave you here and let the crows poke out those beautiful eyes of yours."

Under any other circumstance, Zaira would have welcomed the crows, but she had someone to live for. She could not leave her beautiful baby boy so suddenly and unexpectedly. Zaira raised her head slowly and gazed into the green and gold eyes, determined to make him suffer.

"Get her loose, and put her in the car ASAP. I'm not sure about y'all but I'm ready to go home and get out of this hell hole," Igor joked as he walked to the car.

Zaira watched a man retrieve a key and then unfasten the cuffs that kept her wrists bound. Rotating her shoulders and her neck, she waited for the man to unfasten her legs. Finally, free, she suddenly kicked Igor's man across the head before he could stand up and ran for her life. Not looking back, she ran for hers and for Eli's life. No matter how sore her body was, no matter that her brain was telling her to stop, Zaira listened to her heart, and kept running. Her blood leaked from her wrist, her shirt torn, and her hair wild she kept running until something caught her attention. Not even a mile a head, Zaira heard barking; turning around, she saw huge wolves running her way. She would be damned if she gave up without a fight.

Before she could cross the street, she felt something sharp bite down on her leg. Yelling in pain, Zaira kicked her attacker and hopped until something pounced on her. Pinned down under a grey wolf with red eyes, she began to scream for her life. The wolf mouth widened as if it was about to attack, but a pissed off voice made the wolf whimper and back slowly off her. Before her eyes, the grey wolf with a black strip of hair transformed into one of Igor's men. At that moment, she realized that her dreams were true and most of all she realized that she was in deep shit. Trying to back away, Zaira realized the huge bite mark on her leg and that a pissed Igor was hastily approaching her.

Zaira tried her hardest to back away faster, but he took bigger steps. Igor was a beast, standing at least 6 foot 7 and weighing more than 300 pounds, which is nothing but muscles. At that moment, Zaira feared for her life because the look of discontentment spread across Igor face. The green and gold eyes came faster towards her, before she could even scream a pair of strong hands grasps her neck. Scratching and kicking Igor, she felt his hand tighten around her neck.

"Didn't I tell you not to fuck with me Zaira?" spoke Igor in a calm voice, which put fear in Zaira bones.

She was not going to give up without a fight; she struggled with her inner turmoil: part of her told her to listen while the other half told her to fight. Igor noted her struggle, and smirked. With simply a wave of his hand in the air inches in front of her face, Zaira became limp in his arms.

"One of the benefits of being a demon, huh?" queried a man. Igor noted his distinguished manner and the black stripe in his otherwise silver-gray hair.

Shielding Zaira, he caused a purple force to shoot from his palm toward the man; the pulse drove him into the air and then flat onto the concrete pavement, screaming in pain on impact.

"Don't ever fucking touch her again, she is mine! If there is a problem come to me, but if I see any of you touch her in any way again then that'll be the last thing you do!" bellowed Igor as he walked back to the car, Zaira in his arms. Something would have to be done about her wounds....And her feistiness. Igor grinned to himself, as he lay her down gently against the seat cushions. It could be quite fun and interesting, taming his little wild rose.

Don't be afraid/I've taken my beating

I've shared what I've made/I'm strong on the surface

Not all the way through/I've never been perfect

But neither have you/so if you're asking me/I want you to know

When my time comes/forget the wrong that I've done

Help me leave behind some/reasons to be missed

  • Linkin park *Leave out all the rest

12