Home 04: Away From Home

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No," Rae insisted, shaking her head and stepping back again. "No. I can't."

The smile on Erin's red lips was intoxicating. "I know you want to, Rae. Why do you resist?"

Rae wanted to deny Erin's claim, but instead she searched her mind for a reason that the singer would believe. "My job is to protect your career," Rae finally replied.

"My career? That has to be the lamest excuse I've ever heard," Erin laughed, pressing to Rae.

Rae shook her head. "Your audience. You'll kill your career before it takes off."

"What are you talking about? You are rambling. Dance with me."

"You want to make a career of country music," Rae persisted. "If word gets out that you are dancing with a woman, your conservative audience will reject you."

Erin tilted her head, a smile on her glossy lips. "So your rejection is for my best interest and not yours." She laid her arm across Rae's shoulder, toying with the taller woman's short hair. "For some reason, I don't buy that. I see it in your eyes every time you look at me, Rae. You want me, but you keep your distance. You don't have to keep it professional. I want you, too."

Rae pushed Erin's arm away, holding the wrists of the other woman in her hands and forcing her to look in her eyes. "This has nothing to do with desire, Erin. Country music is not ready for an openly gay woman. Establish your fan base, make a few records, and then we'll decide if they'll accept you coming out. If you are out before your fist CD hits the shelf, Capitol Records will buy out your contract. I know about desire, but I also know this business. I'm going to go buy myself another drink."

Rae released Erin and crossed to the bar, where she held up one long finger to signal she wanted another beer. She didn't drink often and already felt the beginnings of a headache from what she had consumed tonight. She didn't hesitate to down the drink, though. This was penance. A hangover tomorrow when she was taking Erin McAllister to the next little town's county fair would remind her of the foolishness of tonight's sins.

She turned to face the dance floor, leaning casually against the bar as her eyes skimmed the moving bodies to find her young charge. The slow song had ended and the beat had picked up again. A crowd surrounded Erin as she gave herself to the music. Men and women encircled her, each jostling to be closest to the lithe body. Rae understood their desire. It also offered her some comfort. Erin was a siren, a magnet. Everyone was drawn to her. Rae was not alone in her struggle to resist the artist.

When the music changed again, a tall, broad-shouldered cowboy sidled up to Erin. He leaned close to whisper in her ear. She laughed and slid her arms around his neck. He put his strong arms around her waist and pulled her close. Rae told herself that the surge of emotion shooting through her was born of protectiveness, not jealousy. She ordered another beer to reward herself.

By the time they left the club, Rae had a steady buzz coursing through her that she knew she would regret tomorrow. Erin had danced all night, celebrating her success as a musician and teasing Rae with every movement of her body. Erin clung to Rae as they walked back to the hotel, hugging her manager's arm between her breasts. Rae smiled easily as they strolled in and out of the shadows and brightness of the street lights.

They tried to be quiet as they walked down the hall to Erin's room, but in their drunken state, their attempts to be quiet only resulted in laughter. At the door, Rae took the keycard and attempted to slide it into the slot, but missed it twice. Erin started giggling again and Rae placed a finger against the girl's lips in an effort to silence her. The action changed the atmosphere. Their eyes met and Erin stretched upward, pressing her lips to Rae's. Rae did not resist the kiss, sliding her arms around Erin's waist as she tilted her head to deepen the embrace. Her tongue danced along Erin's lips until the singer opened her mouth. They explored each other's mouths with swirling tongues, tasting and touching behind teeth and along the roof of mouths and against tongues. Erin's arms came around Rae's shoulders, pressing herself closer to the taller woman as she sucked on lips and tongue.

When they finally broke for air, there was no giggling. Rae turned in Erin's arms and slipped the keycard into the slot on the first try. Everything was suddenly crisp and clear. The door opened and they walked into the dark room without breaking contact. Immediately, they returned to their embrace, their mouths hungry for one another, starving from the months of unsatisfied craving. Rae pressed Erin to the wall as she delved deeper into the girl's mouth, lips sucking and teeth scraping hungrily.

They were all hands as the kiss continued. Erin pulled Rae's shirt from her jeans, her fingernails scratching against bare flesh. Rae gripped Erin's butt, bunching the material of the tight denim skirt until the girl's bare bottom was exposed. Erin worked at opening the buttons of Rae's shirt as she opened her legs in invitation. Rae groaned into Erin's mouth at the overwhelming temptation.

It was Erin that finally broke the kiss. She slipped away from Rae, touching her trembling finger to Rae's lips with a teasing smile. "Don't move," she whispered. Rae watched as Erin took something from her suitcase and disappeared into the bathroom.

Rae was panting for breath. She ran both hands through her hair and held her head for a moment, trying to focus her jumbled thoughts without success. She crossed the room and stared out the window, pressing her face to the glass. The air conditioner made the pane cool and it felt good on her flushed flesh.

When music started playing, Rae jumped, startled from her momentary reprieve. She turned and saw Erin standing in the lamp light and suddenly wondered why she hadn't left the room when she'd had the chance. Erin was wearing a red lace negligee that barely brushed the tops of her thighs. Her breasts were spilling over the bust of the lingerie and Rae could see the girl's hard nipples outlined against the cups.

Erin closed the distance slowly, a curious smile on her lips. "You owe me a dance," she said in a low, husky voice. Helplessly, Rae moved into the woman's waiting arms, stepping close and sliding her hands to Erin's hips. Her palms moved over the girl's body in reverence. They began moving to the music, taking small steps as their hands caressed each other. Rae's hands explored Erin's thighs and hips and buttocks. Erin's hands worked the last of Rae's buttons open. When the music on the radio changed, the timing of their movements changed, but the distance between them did not.

Rae was looking down into Erin's face and Erin was gazing up. Their breath mingled and they kept leaning in for kisses that they never took. The teasing intensified their desire. Rae could feel it pulling at her. It burned deep inside her. Her hands moved up to cup Erin's breasts, feeling the hard points press into her palms. Her fingers glided over the tan flesh peeking above the bodice of the gown. Erin sighed and pushed Rae's shirt off her shoulders, trailing her fingernails over the newly exposed skin.

Rae's hands returned to Erin's thighs, sliding up them slowly. The tips of her fingers moved over the underwear that matched the negligee. Erin bowed her head and moved her mouth over Rae's chest, licking and sucking above her plain white bra. Rae closed her eyes and sighed softly, whispering the only word that came to mind. "Tara."

12