Back From The Brink Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
FinalStand
FinalStand
5,300 Followers

"If I decide to come down when could you take me?" Marcy murmured.

"How about this Thursday? We could make a long weekend of it; you could spend all weekend with me and you could go back Monday afternoon," I offered suddenly.

"Just like that?" Marcy snapped. "Do you think I can go in and get two days off?"

"Can you?" I asked. Marcy growled.

"Fine, I'll try but I don't expect anything," Marcy muttered. "Bye."

"Good bye and thank you for calling," I said before she hung up. I looked to Sebastian but he had pulled out his phone. I wondered what that was about.

"Linda, I need a favor," he grinned. There was a pause then, "There is a Marketing firm in Philadelphia and I want them to give a 'certain' someone this Friday and Monday off. Do what you need to do. The name is Marcy Henderson."

He looked at me after he hung up.

"We toss a little business their way for the favor. That is how things work Sylvia," he smiled.

"Thank you Sebastian," I sighed.

"You have to admit you will work harder if you are happy. All I am doing is keeping your morale up," he told me.

"If that excuse works for you," I teased him as I crawled into his lap. I kissed him and pushed him down on the floor and began tearing off his shirt before licking his belly and working off his pants. By the time I had him stripped he'd worked off my shirt and bra. I began licking up and down the shaft of his cock until I knew he was rock hard.

I really felt like rewarding Sebastian for his thoughtfulness. I let my tongue roll down until I could tantalize his balls, first one and then the other until he began flexing his thighs in anticipation. I was perpendicular to him so that he could fondle my breasts.

"Do you like this?" I taunted him.

His response was to move one hand away from my tit and put it on the back of my head and push it down gently. I returned to my ministrations and I finally elicited a groan. When I finished sucking on his balls I went back to shaft giving it a taste of my teeth. I got back to his head, running my lips along the edges of the head.

When I felt I had wound him up enough I started bobbing my head up and down, taking more and more of his shaft until I had deep-throated him. He rewarded me with a twist of my nipple as kneaded my breast with his palm. He still kept his other hand on the back of my head, but it was something I was used to; at least he wasn't trying to choke me.

When my throat got tired I pushed up against his grip until I was only sucking on his head. I worked his shaft with my hand gently at first but picking up in intensity. I finally got him panting and flexing his stomach muscles, a clear sign he was close to ejaculating so I deep throated him once more and bobbed enthusiastically. When he came I drank it up hungrily until I had swallowed every last drop.

"Thank you," he gasped.

"Thank you for helping with my daughter," I smiled right back. He reached up and wiped a drop of semen off my lips and held it up to me. I made deep, lustful eye contact before I licked it off which made him moan with desire once more. I loved my life at that moment.

(Thursday night)

Any pleasure and hope I had for my meeting with Marcy quickly evaporated when I met her at the terminal. She wouldn't speak to me, insisted on taking her own bags and wouldn't even look at me on the way back to Sebastian's house. Only when we pulled up to his house did she finally say anything.

"You live here?" she wondered at the size of his dwelling.

"Actually this is my friend Sebastian's house. My check doesn't come in until Monday, so I'm staying here," I explained.

"Him?" Marcy asked suspiciously.

"Can we talk about this tomorrow?" I asked. Marcy glared but didn't say another word. Sebastian was asleep when we got in so I led Marcy to her guest room. "I go running at five in the morning if you want to come along," I offered.

"You exercise?" Marcy sounded dubious.

"Yes," I sighed. "I find that it helps with my long work hours."

"I bet it does," Marcy sneered before shutting her door. I went to bed feeling like I had no way to win. I resolved to not give up. I had four days to create some sort of new relationship with my daughter.

(Friday)

The light tap on the door let me know Sebastian was getting ready to go running. I got up and slipped off my nightshirt before putting on my running clothes. When I finished I gently knocked on Marcy's door and she answered directly.

"Sebastian came by earlier," she grumbled, "with some running clothes."

"What did you think of him?" I had to ask.

"I didn't see him. He knocked and left the clothes for me. I'm not sure how he knew my sizes."

"He's good at such things," I grinned slightly. Marcy stepped out and I saw her in all her glory. She was almost a younger me, save her eyes were her father's grey, not my green.

"You look beautiful," I told my daughter. She didn't take my compliment well and I was sure she would have nothing but hate for me until Sebastian appeared in the hallway. Marcy stopped glaring and started staring.

"Hello," Sebastian said, "is everyone ready to go?" He looked well sculpted yet easily approachable.

"Sure," Marcy stammered. I had to remember what now felt like a lifetime ago when I had first laid eyes on Sebastian to know what she was going through and he'd had a lot more clothes on when I first saw him. It was a hard run for all of us but I had the pleasure of having Marcy drop out before I did even if it was a matter of degrees.

Sebastian walked back with us in relative silence. I had to grin when I realized that Marcy had become bashful around my friend and lover. When we got inside he invited Marcy to join us in our workout; her response was a groan and a nod of the head. Sebastian made a great show of helping Marcy with the machines and she made a show of needing help. These were tricks I knew well and I was sure Sebastian knew them too.

When Marcy and I were walking back toward our rooms and Sebastian had gone to his bedroom to change, Marcy looked at me suspiciously.

"Who is that guy?"

"Sebastian Vandemeyer, my boss," I informed her.

"Are you fucking him?" she accused me.

"Does it matter?" I mumbled. Marcy glared so I answered. "Yes, we are having sex."

"Mom, you are still nothing but a whore!" Marcy spat. I tried to say something but Marcy stormed into her room. I went to my room, fell on my bed and started to cry.

I was still lying there when I heard Sebastian knocking on Marcy's door.

"What do you want?" she blasted at the door.

"It is Sebastian," he said calmly. "I think we need to talk." After some time I heard Marcy open her door and I thought I heard Sebastian go in. I snuck up to my door and listened in; I was still her mother after all.

"What do you want?" Marcy muttered.

"I want you to give your mother a chance," Sebastian said.

"Did she fuck you to say that?" Marcy snapped.

"Grow the fuck up," Sebastian countered with icy determination. "She loves you and you can't wait to bury another knife in her heart."

"You have no idea what she put me through you bastard," Marcy nearly wept.

"I don't know but let me give it a shot. My father was a cheating, lying, whoring pig who abused me and my mother and when he got cancer when I was nine I prayed every day for him to die a long and painful death. When he died I couldn't thank God enough for sending him to hell."

"I spent the next eight years hating that bastard. Hate ate up everything I did for eight years until one day I woke up and realized that he was still screwing me over. I got my act together, graduated well enough to get into a good college, graduated at the top of my class and went on to own my own business. None of my happiness could have been possible otherwise."

"So I should let the bitch off the hook," Marcy ground out.

"No, you should let yourself off the hook," Sebastian said sympathetically. "Your mom was a horrible bitch who fucked up your life. Are you going to let her keep fucking up your life?"

"I hate her," Marcy stated.

"I know and I'm not saying you don't have a reason to, but I'm saying you aren't doing either one of you any good by hanging on to it. Your mother isn't the same woman; you aren't the same daughter. She is not going to hurt you or your father like she once did so you need to ask yourself why you are hanging on to that hate?" was Sebastian's council.

"I've hated her for so long," Marcy persisted.

"Yep, I don't doubt it. The next move is in your court," he pointed out. There was silence for the longest time.

"I can't get over what she did to me and my father," Marcy declared quietly, "but ..."

"Are you going to give her a second chance?" he asked.

"I'll try," Marcy muttered, "but how do I know that we are only having this talk because she is sleeping with you?"

"Do I look like someone who is being manipulated by sex?" he said.

"Do you like her?" Marcy finally asked.

"Yes; she is very intelligent and motivated plus the sex is pretty fantastic," he informed her. I had to smile at that. Sebastian even put my qualities in the right order.

"Aren't you afraid she'll cheat on you too?" Marcy countered.

"There is nothing to cheat on Marcy. She's my companion, not my girlfriend so if she spends time with someone else it is her business. We work together and as long as she does her job, I'm happy. With me work comes first," he explained.

"Will she screw around to get the job done?" Marcy wouldn't let up.

"I don't know; ask her," he responded.

"Doesn't that bother you at all that she'll fuck someone to make a sale?" Marcy asked.

"No," Sebastian answered honestly.

"How can you think that way?" Marcy's voice cracked.

"Marcy, we all draw moral and ethical lines in different places. I try not to lie, but other people lie all the time. Some people say that sex is only for marriage and only in one position; others explore. Where you draw your lines is your business as long as you live by those decisions," Sebastian replied.

"That sounds like an excuse for doing whatever you want to do?" Marcy accused him.

"Actually I learned it in ethics class and the principles are based around respecting other cultures, but think what you will. Your mother views sex and sexuality differently than you do. What matters is whether or not you can accept that."

"If you can't stand your mother because of what she is today, that's fair to you. You don't have to like her or understand her. All that matters to me is that you learn not to hate her," he finished up.

"Me; what do you care about me?" Marcy asked.

"If you are unhappy Sylvia is unhappy and that is my concern," he informed Marcy. "Frankly if you decide to hate her for hate's sake you aren't worth my time and you aren't worthy of being her daughter. She believes in you so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt," Sebastian explained.

Marcy was speechless. I imagined that she had only heard bad things about me for so long it boggled her mind to hear a stranger stand up for her mother; it was beyond description - her mother was a whore after all.

"You care about her," Marcy said at barely above a whisper.

"Of course I do," Sebastian replied without hesitation. "Everyone deserves a second chance."

"She doesn't," Marcy grimaced. She wouldn't let go.

"If you didn't think so you wouldn't be here," Sebastian pointed out. "You could safely hate her from the East Coast."

"You are an annoying bastard," Marcy groused.

"Yes I am. Your mother is the polite face of my organization," he answered. There was another long pause.

"So she really hasn't slept her way to the top this time?" Marcy asked.

"No she hasn't. She's really good at what she does," he assured Marcy.

"Fine, what's next?" Marcy asked.

"I think your mother wanted to take you down to Hollywood for some sightseeing and shopping," he informed her.

"I don't have any money," Marcy answered.

"This vacation is on me," Sebastian told her. Something must have happened because next he said, "Get over it and enjoy yourself. Your mother and I closed a multi-million dollar deal and her check clears on Monday."

"I don't want her money either," Marcy bitched.

"How about I hire you as a consultant for the weekend?" Sebastian offered.

"What? How much?" Marcy gaped.

"Ten thousand," he offered.

"What; for a weekend? You would pay me ten thousand dollars for one weekend? That is crazy?" Marcy questioned. "What would I have to do?"

"I have a new client I'll be looking at this weekend. You can crunch some numbers for me and let me know what seems odd," he answered. "I won't have anything until tomorrow, but if you can give me a few hours for the following days it will be money well spent."

"Mr. Vandemeyer ..."

"Call me Sebastian," he corrected.

"Sebastian, I'm a year out of college and I work at a marketing firm. I'm not an accountant," Marcy pointed out.

"They have accountants Marcy; I have accountants. I need someone to approach the problem from a different angle which is where you come in. Can you name another statistician who can work on such short notice?" he said.

"No," Marcy had to admit.

"Then if you want the job you can have it," he trapped her.

"I ... what .... Well ... fine," she stammered. "What now?"

"Shower, breakfast then you two go out for a morning on the town and I go to work. I have a meeting at ten that should run well past lunch time. Hopefully we can catch back up for dinner," he suggested.

"Where is the shower?" Marcy asked.

"Right across the hall; towels are inside." I slipped back to my bed and thought over what I had heard. I had never thought about how much Sebastian actually cared about me. He'd fought with my daughter over me and he had no other reason to, not really.

By the time we had showered and eaten breakfast Marcy was actually looking at me. We talked around each other if not at each other for most of the morning. I would note that something would look nice on her and she would look it over without comment. She would say she liked something and I would be smart enough to keep my opinion to myself while commenting on the dress itself.

When lunch rolled around we met with Linda and Grace. They were clearly not what Marcy expected, being much closer to her age than mine. I was happy they were able to get Marcy to open up and they freely discussed the basics of their jobs. Marcy was enraptured which made me proud. The power of their positions and responsibilities was ambrosia for her, just like it was for me.

What was better still was how these two women I didn't even consider friends talked Marcy up and outlined what her job over the following days would be like. I had the feeling this was the first time she was excited by work in her chosen profession. She also warmed to the idea that Sebastian wasn't simply giving her work like she was some small child getting a hand out.

"I thought he was simply tossing money my way," Marcy told them. Linda snorted and Grace laughed.

"Bas doesn't toss money away Marcy," Linda pointed our sharply. "If he says you can get the job done and give us something we can use I believe him."

"Marcy, I trust Bas to bail me out of jail and I trust him to take it out of my next paycheck," Grace added.

"Oh," Marcy said. "But he gave Mom – Sylvia all kinds of things and she lives at his house."

"And Sylvia's work put an extra fifty thousand dollars in my bank account," Linda responded. "Bas invested maybe twenty thousand and reaped four times that amount."

The look my daughter gave me was something I would take to my grave – it was respect. She didn't love me, but she had an appreciation of what I was capable of and of what other co-workers thought of me. To prove things still had a long way to go, Marcy had to take another swipe at me though.

"So, did Sylvia have to come onto any of these people to make these deals?" she brought up. Once more it was Grace who chuckled.

"I wish she had accepted that one offer. It would have netted me an extra ten grand," she chuckled. Marcy looked scandalized so Grace explained. "One of our purchasers asked if Sylvia was part of the negotiations. She told him if he upped his bid by a million she would consider it."

It was clear that Marcy didn't know what to make of that.

"Would you have done that Mom?" she asked me.

"No honey ... he was ugly," I said with a straight face. Marcy studied me and a small smile escaped me. "No Marcy. I don't do that anymore."

"What if they offer you five million?" Grace teased. Linda gave Grace a cautionary look. Marcy didn't say anything, choosing to poke at the food on her plate instead. The rest of the meal was subdued ending with me, Linda and Grace agreeing to catch up on Saturday. When I left with Marcy she was still contemplative.

"Is it a joking matter to you?" she asked me.

"No, but it is something I have to deal with working in my new position. Like with you, I can't ignore my past. I have to face it and that means I have to make light of things that other women would never have to face." She had no reply to that.

When we got to the car and got ready to pull out Marcy turned to me and said,

"I'm sorry. I still believe you did horrible things, but I never thought about what you have lived with all that time. When Dad told me you had lost everything a week ago I was actually happy that you were suffering," Marcy admitted.

"Thank you Marcy," I answered carefully so as to not dispel the moment. A little way down the road, she opened up a tiny bit more.

"Is Sebastian your only boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend but he is my lover. Since we've been together I've never seen him with another woman and I've not been with another man," I confided in her.

"What are you going to do if he leaves you?" she inquired.

"Marcy, I'm forty-six and he's twenty-eight; I don't imagine us living happily ever after. It will be fun while it lasts and this time I'm going to keep my reputation and my career. We will part ways eventually and I'm okay with that."

"Really?"

"I'll miss him, but yes, I'm okay with him moving on," I answered.

"Are you going to leave him?"

"Can I be honest with you?" I asked Marcy.

"Yes, I guess you can," Marcy admitted. I took a deep breath in anticipation of doing something wrong.

"The man is a fucking dynamo in bed. He gives me all I can handle and then some and the best thing is that had I met him twenty years ago I think he would have stopped me from throwing my life away back then," I told her.

"You would have left Dad and me for him?" she accused me.

"No; he would have convinced me that having a family mattered," I responded. "Oh he acts all profit-motive driven but he's one of the big reasons you are here. He gave me the strength to contact you when I wasn't sure I could."

"Why would he do that?" Marcy asked.

"Honestly I think he gives a crap about me. When I asked Grace and another co-worker named Allen to find out how to contact you, he made sure they did a thorough job," I told her.

"Seriously? You had people spy on me?" Marcy said angrily. I lowered my head incrementally.

"Yes we did and we found out some things like your boyfriend Trevor is seeing two other girls; one named Carol and the other named Lisa," I sighed.

"No," Macy insisted.

"Do you want to see the pictures?" I offered. We travelled the rest of the way in silence once more.

"Why did you tell me this?" she rounded on me in the driveway.

"Because you are my daughter and though you don't like me I know you don't want to be caught in a situation where someone cheats on you and leaves you in pain," I expressed my sorrow to her. Marcy cried and went inside while I trailed behind her.

I waited in the kitchen while Marcy was in her room. When she came out she had her bags packed. I stood up and felt like throwing myself at her feet and beg her not to leave. She stopped in front of me and we locked eyes.

FinalStand
FinalStand
5,300 Followers