Back to Bristol Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
GaryAPB
GaryAPB
860 Followers

"No, nor can I now. I can only assume that Molly was overcome with some similar form of emotion as myself. That she wanted to recapture something we used to have, just one more time. And she did say it was only going to be one time. Or, maybe deep inside her there was a need to balance the books between Peter and myself. That she cheated on me with him, so she needed to cheat on him with me." I shook my head sadly, "I just don't know."

"Peter is saying that Molly is still deeply in love with you. That he can't fight it any longer, and that's why they are at the end of their marriage."

"Well that's rubbish from so many points of view. The guy's paranoid."

"Why? Is it so preposterous?"

"Molly had an affair with Peter when she was married to me. That doesn't sound as if she's deeply in love with me, does it? Then without a word of regret she lets me divorce her, and is engaged to be married to him before even the decree nisi is declared." I paused, before adding sarcastically, "She really pined for me and our marriage."

Piers sat in silence, just thinking.

So I continued, "My guess is that Peter is just paranoid about me. I guess that since I've come back. there must be a lot of talk and action in their house about me. Molly has to get the boys to her parents so that I can pick them up. The boys would talk about what we did when they're with me. And he can't even get away from me at work, he's surrounded by gossip and cruel comments at work. I've invaded his life, whether he likes it or not. And if he complains then Molly probably reminds him that I am the boys' father, and I have a right to see them. In effect, I have a right to be there in his life. It can't be easy for him." I paused, "And then, to top it all, he comes home early and finds me in his bed with his wife." I paused and laughed, "I hate the guy, but I do have some sympathy for him."

"But why does he then say it is because Molly loves you? Peter isn't an emotional fool, he's a clear thinking logical researcher."

"I don't know. Maybe its easier to blame me or Molly or anyone but himself."

"What will you do if he's right and you're wrong?"

I smiled, "God only knows! But as the idea is pretty unlikely. Of all the things in this bizarre situation, that is the one that is least likely to keep me awake at night."

We sat in silence for some time, and then I began to realise that Piers hadn't made any comment on anything. So I prompted him for at least some information, "Is Peter still living at home? I know that Molly is still there."

"Yes and No. You know their gym come guest suite that should have been a garage?" I nodded, "Well I've heard, Peter didn't tell me this but Sharon Booth did, that he has moved in there, with a camping stove and a camp bed."

"So it is serious, then. I had thought that if they were still together at home, then time would help blow things over."

"Oh, it's serious. But I don't think he's actually seen a solicitor yet."

"Well, I've been doing my best to stay out of it, except for that afternoon when I interfered too much. But Molly's father is insisting that I talk to her on Monday. I'm not looking forward to it, I haven't the faintest idea what to say." Suddenly a thought struck me, "This all blew up not after Peter caught us in bed, but after he'd tried reconciling with her, after his week away. So, it's not that Molly and myself ended up in bed that afternoon that is the problem, and he's kidding himself if he's now claiming it is."

"I don't think he is. He's saying there's been a chain of events that convinces him that Molly's in love with you."

"Back to the paranoid theory." I looked Piers straight in the eye, "I promise you Piers, ever since Peter Davies's name was first mentioned by Molly over four years ago now, nearly five, and except for that Friday afternoon, she has never ever said a single word to me that I could interpret as anything but that she doesn't love me, and she does love Peter. And he's paranoid if he thinks otherwise. And anyway, we've been divorced four years and they've been married that long, I really am ancient history. He should get over his paranoia and get on with his life."

Piers smiled, "I'll tell him."

I allowed a pause to build, then asked, "Is he going to be a problem?"

"In what way?"

"In that having a senior player going around saying that the Managing Director has bust up his marriage isn't exactly conducive to harmony and cooperation in the team."

"I don't think so. He'll get short shrift from me if he does. I've already reminded him that you treated him with respect at work, I expect him to do the same for you. Whether he will or not - we'll find out."

I smiled, and decided it was time to change subject, "So what are you doing over Easter?"

"We're going up to stay with Ester," He played with the sound, " Ester at Easter; Easter with Ester." But then he continued, "She's expecting our first grandchild. Not for another month yet, but we're taking up our contribution: the crib, and travelling cot, bags full of clothes, and probably a cheque if I'm still in a good mood on Monday." He smiled proudly.

"So you and Jeanette are going to be grandparents. Congratulations. It's rather nice that you are close enough to be involved."

"Well, my main contribution was about twenty five years ago, but I enjoyed it!" He smiled and winked.

GaryAPB
GaryAPB
860 Followers