Backscatter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
hammingbyrd7
hammingbyrd7
1,377 Followers

She laughed again. "Sounds like a plan." The two lovers continued their long stroll.

They returned to Megan's house after a delightful three-hour walk. They retired to the lower level, and by the light of a five-Watt nightlight, Alvaro inspected the shutters on the small high windows that were just above ground level. Satisfied everything was secure, he gave Megan the okay to turn on an array of recessed high-efficiency light-emitting diodes. The array lit the room to a level that would be a little dim for reading but otherwise was perfectly adequate.

Megan took her hot shower first. After she dried herself, she let the towel fall and looked at herself in the mirror, eyeing her B-cup breasts with a critical eye. "Not bad," she thought. "A typical Celtic lass. More than a hint of red in my hair, green eyes... and my body? It's certainly pleasing to Alvaro. He loves the curve of my hips." She raised her arms straight out and studied her image. She never had much vanity, felt herself blessed with a fine body and as attractive as a typical woman, but nothing out of the ordinary.

She knew that was not how Alvaro thought of her. She could see it his eyes and deportment, how he admired other attractive women compared to how he admired her. His expressions revealed the core of his desires and hopes, and the fact that he considered Megan to be the most stunningly beautiful creature that could ever possibly exist. He had often said so too, and with complete sincerity.

Megan smiled and lowered her arms. She was pleased with how she looked now too. The intense amount of exercise and excellent diet had done wonders. She allowed herself an idly fancy of one day magically going back to Ft. Hood, Texas again. She thought she might now be considered a bonnie lass at the base. But no matter. Her true love was here. All thoughts of other men were folly, and she pushed them from her mind.

After slipping on her sleep clothes, she left the bathroom and found Alvaro working with her computer, checking his e-mail though the undersea cable. Seeing the bathroom free, he switched places and showered while Megan prepared their beds.

Ten minutes later Alvaro came out of the bathroom dressed in pajamas and drying his hair. He smiled at Megan's setup. It was the same as last month. The large bed in her bedroom was turned down and all prepared for sleep, and her bedroom door was open. The fresh linen for the foldout sofa was still in the closet, and Alvaro would have to make up the sofa bed himself. The offer was obvious. Megan was hinting there was no need for Alvaro to sleep in the living room.

Alvaro gave Megan a shy smile and sat down beside her on the sofa. They were cuddling a moment later, the soft fabric of their pajamas the only thing separating them.

"Have a busy day yesterday?" Megan asked. By tradition, they did not discuss work outside her house during their weekend holidays. Their rides and walks were purely for recreation and intimacy.

"A bit. I might have to be away the end of next month."

"Yikes! Really?"

Alvaro nodded. "Another trade mission to the U.S."

"Back to Texas?" Megan's eyes sparkled with interest.

"No, the East Coast, Virginia. And Discovery will be gone too. It will be docking at Brazil and Mexico. But we could move our next holiday up or back a week. I could catch a ride here on a fishing boat."

"I guess that'll be okay." She gave him what she hoped sounded like a sexy growl and whispered, "If you have a choice, make it a week sooner!"

He laughed. "Okay!" They kissed for a while. "How about you? Interesting Friday?"

She shrugged. "My morning was completely dull. Some dogs for wellness checkups and vaccines. There was a young gentle pooch with the ridiculous name of Bone Cruncher. Oh yes, the highlight of the morning, one duck with an injured wing." She paused for a kiss. "The afternoon was much more interesting! I brought in a goat to the kindergarten class and talked about how to keep the animal healthy. What a joy to work with children Alvaro! Nine girls and eight boys, they're so beautiful!"

"You can leave your clinic unattended?"

"Sure. I had nothing scheduled. And if there were an emergency, the clinic is only a few hundred meters away from the school. My two teenage assistants would call me. They usually spend their afternoons studying upstairs in the clinic library." Megan paused and then laughed. "At least that's what they say they're doing. Carlito and Luzia have started dating each other."

"Uh oh!" laughed Alvaro. "Do you think you should leave them alone like that?"

"Oh, they're responsible. They won't go too far. They both asked me to trust them, and I do."

"Hmmm," Alvaro muttered as he started nibbling her neck. "Trust is a beautiful thing. Your neck looks very trusting..."

Megan's mind was still on her work. "How Madeira still manages to get dog vaccines these days is completely beyond me." She paused again and gave a soft gasp at a particularly intimate caress. Alvaro's hand was stroking the underside of her breast, almost cupping her, and his mouth had moved to lick the soft center of her throat. It was trust, and she tilted her head back to expose herself fully. His tongue caressed her vulnerable throat while his hand slid to caress her other breast. Soft strokes at first, and then a firm squeeze. Megan could feel her nipples getting hard. "Hmm, that feels nice.... Thinking frisky thoughts?" She wiggled her body playfully, and let the back of her hand slide along his hip and then teasingly across his groin. Through the soft cotton of his pajamas, Megan felt a very stiff erection.

He grinned. "A lot of flashing images, you, me... I guess I was also thinking about two teenagers alone together in a library!" He licked Megan's neck to her ear, his open hand cupping her now from underneath, supporting and fondling the weight of her breast. "I know Luzia's parents, and Luzia too. I went to preschool with her older brother, back in the 2020's. You're right, she is responsible, and worthy of trust. But physically she's the kind of girl boys dream about..."

Megan wiggled and then sighed as Alvaro's fingers at last found her nipple. "I know. But Alvaro, they're both eighteen. They have the right to be together without chaperons." Megan turned to kiss her lover, and for a long while no words were spoken. Their caresses were intimate and loving but not demanding. Eventually they got into a position where Megan was giving Alvaro a backrub. Megan was kneeling on the floor and Alvaro was lying prone on the sofa, looking so relaxed Megan thought he might fall asleep.

She definitely didn't want that. She pulled down the bottom of Alvaro's pajamas a bit with one hand and lowered her head and started licking his tailbone. Her other hand was still massaging the small of his back. Alvaro had done the same thing to her their last night together five weeks ago, and she had found the experience both heavenly and sexually arousing in the extreme.

Her mind flashed back to the experience. She had been panting. Alvaro's breath had felt hot and ragged between his licks, and in the dim light she had seen his male eagerness for her making a big tent in the front of his pajama bottoms. Megan had lain still and submissive, hoping her lover would remove her pajama bottoms completely and mount her, either in her bedroom or right here on the sofa, she wouldn't have cared which. But her exposed tailbone was as far as Alvaro ventured that night.

What had stopped him? Megan didn't think it was sexual morality, not any more. In their hearts, they had both accepted each other as life mates, husband and wife. Megan was sure of it. So what was stopping Alvaro from mounting her? What was stopping Alvaro from asking her to marry him? Megan suddenly realized it must be something fundamental, perhaps some deep issue of honor or loyalty. Could it be his job?

"It's time," Megan thought. "It's time to get some answers. But how to do it?" The solution came to her almost immediately. Their bonds of trust and love for each other were infinitely strong. There was no risk. She should simply complain and ask.

But first, having him lying and submissive like this was just too good an opportunity to pass up. Holding him down with one hand on the small of his back and with her tongue still on his exposed coccyx, her other hand began to caress his thighs. She gradually made her caress more intimate, and was soon lightly stroking the back of his sac through his pajamas with her fingertips. Alvaro was breathing deeply and sighing, his body turning to butter beneath her hands and lips.

She turned her hand and pushed down with her fingers, diving underneath the testes and then lifting up, cupping his sac through his pajamas as he had cupped her breasts through her nightshirt. Megan pushed up with her third and fourth fingers, separating the testes and letting them fall to either side of her two middle fingers. Then she used her thumb to massage and probe the exposed orbs, rolling first one, then the other. Alvaro whimpered in his pleasure.

A flashback came to Megan. Early in the week, she had been on a farm and had witnessed two pigs mating. Megan was amazed with the depth and complexity of the courtship. The sow at first was more interested in sex than the boar. She walked around nudging him, and even playfully mounted his back and then his head. The boar finally took the hint and became amorous. The sow grunted happily when she was mounted, and their love making was quite tender.

Not the copulation itself. The boar's penis was very eager and energetic as it drilled the sow, and the boar would thrust frantically to recouple whenever his penis slipped out of the sow's vagina. He drilled her hard and deep. But otherwise the mounting was very tender. The boar nestled his head into the coarse hairs on the back of the sow's neck, and his expressions of affection for the sow beneath him were unmistakable. After their long intercourse, they both curled up with each other for a nap.

Megan sighed as the memory faded. She still had Alvaro's sac in her hand and he was perfectly still. Caressing his testes was by far the most explicit she had ever gotten with him in expressing her desire for coitus. And yet he was still holding back. It was time to talk.

She gave one last kiss to his coccyx and changed positions, releasing his sac and pulling his pajama bottoms back up. Megan then knelt on the floor close to his head. She began massaging his upper back and shoulders while kissing the back of his neck.

Alvaro grunted in deep appreciation. With his eyes still closed, he murmured, "I love you."

"And I love you, now and forever." Megan decided she needed to wake him up a bit before saying anything heavy, so she said in a very conversational tone, "New York was available on the web yesterday. I downloaded something interesting from the U.N."

Alvaro sighed and opened his eyes and gave her a peaceful smile. "Oh?"

"Uh huh. The U.N. Population Commission released its yearend report for 2047."

"Ah. I didn't see that. How do things look?"

"Well, the population is about what we expected, maybe a little worse. Total world population at the end of 2047 was estimated to be 2.4 billion, just about was it was a hundred years ago."

Alvaro sighed. "A few years after the end of World War II."

"Yes. But the real news was the birthrates. They've collapsed! The current rate is estimated to be 0.19 children born per woman's lifetime."

Alvaro's eyes went wide. "My gosh. I can remember hearing the 2040 numbers when it first dipped below the 2.05 breakeven. I was still at Princeton. It's dropped an order of magnitude in just seven years."

"Yes. I wasn't too surprised with the new figures though. Back at Ft. Hood, none of the women I knew wanted to have children anymore. The world was just too depressing, and the terrorists were intentionally targeting the children. The grief was unbearable."

Alvaro sighed. "Any good news in the report?"

"Well, maybe one bright spot. With all the attacks on the world's power grids, global CO2 remained constant last year, 460 ppm." Megan sighed. "Still way too high, but at least not going up."

Alvaro grunted. "The extremists actually did some good. They must be very disappointed."

"Yeah. Anyway, human production of carbon dioxide is now estimated to be where it was in the early 1920's, mostly from coal burning."

"But Megan, the downward spiral of the population, did the U.N. have any thoughts on when it might stabilize and recover?"

"It's very unpredictable. We're currently locked into a really nasty feedback loop. It's a completely new social phenomenon. There's no historical precedent. The worst reports are coming out of Asia and the Indian subcontinent. It's an absolute horror. People... Women in particular don't want to produce children in such a cruel and insecure world. And people don't want to make the effort to build anymore when their efforts are constantly being blown up."

Megan sighed and continued. "The effect hammers the population from both directions, existing people are getting killed and there are very few replacements. Death by violence far exceeds all other causes combined. I sometimes wonder..." There was a long moment of silence.

"Yes?" Alvaro gave her a kind smile. "Wonder what?"

"I wonder if this is the effect that kills intelligent life in the universe. The technology advances to the point where small groups within a species have access to tremendous destructive capability. You mix in a religious extremism that justifies the death and misery, and the stage is set for the species to self-destruct."

"My God Megan. Let's hope God designed the universe a little better than that."

"And how did God design the universe Alvaro? You're probably the best person on the planet I can ask."

His eyes popped open. "Huh?!"

"I've read your research papers from the late 2030's, and your thesis."

"Ah. I wondered when you'd want to talk about that."

Megan gasped. "You know?!"

"Of course. My works are public, but I also have the right to see who is downloading things I've published." He paused. "I'm sorry Megan. I had forgotten the morality of this is different in the U.S."

Megan dismissed his apology as unnecessary with a shake of her head. "You're not angry that I didn't tell you?" She got a look of pure puzzlement at her question. "Oh, never mind. I love you."

"And I love you. And I love your gentleness. You never pressure me to talk about things I've sworn not to talk about. I know how this frustrates you. It frustrates me too." He reached up and stroked her soft hair. "You are so beautiful Megan... considerate and gentle and so lovely."

She smiled and held his hand and kissed it. "I know you think so. I can see it in your eyes. Alvaro?" Her voice squeaked as she spoke his name. She thought to herself, "It's time! He loves me! Have courage! Trust him!"

"Hmm?"

"My love, I trust you completely, so much that I feel safe laying a complaint before you, a St. Bridget complaint."

Alvaro sighed and looked at her. "I don't know what that means."

Megan gave a nervous laugh. "My mother was Welsh. My father was Irish but grew up in Glasgow, Scotland. I never paid much attention to my ethnic backgrounds growing up. But there was one folk story my father told me that stuck in my mind. In the fifth century, St. Bridget complained to St. Patrick about what a woman could do with a man who took too long to propose. St. Patrick replied with a gift, granting one day every four years when a woman could propose marriage."

"February 29th," whispered Alvaro.

Megan nodded and took a deep breath. "I can't wait another four years. I can't bear to. Alvaro Lopes, will you be my husband? Will you have me as your wife?"

Alvaro gasped. He was silent for a moment, and then tears started forming in his eyes.

"Alvaro, dearest, what's stopping you?! I can feel your desire and your love for me. It's as fierce as my own!"

He nodded and sat up. Megan joined him, sitting at his side. Alvaro reached over and simply held her for a moment and then said, "I've been working on this for months, for permission for you to join the Energy Department."

"Huh?" Her nose scrunched, and in both confusion and frustration she hissed, "What?!"

"Megan, as my wife, my primary loyalty will transfer to you. I would never hide anything from you. And I've currently sworn to do just that."

An epiphany of understanding struck Megan. "And this is the only thing that's stopping you?!"

Alvaro rested his head against hers and nodded. "Congress is horrified with the idea of a multi-national knowing our source of energy."

"But you're a multi-national!"

Alvaro totally ignored her comment. "I've been negotiating for months, reluctant to issue an ultimatum."

He grimaced, and then Megan saw his frustration transform into an emotion she had never seen him express. "Oh Alvaro, please don't be angry."

He stared at her. "Such a gift you have sweet Megan. You read and understand emotions so easily! In all sincerity, I am in awe of your ability." He took a deep breath and stood up and began to pace.

Megan followed him and stood up. "Well..."

"It's true. I even see it when you interact with animals! You have such an empathic rapport with your horse! Feathers knows what you want from her with no visible guidance. You and she would be world-class at dressage."

Megan smiled. "Thank you." She tried to interject a bit of humor. "If the world ever starts up the competitions again, maybe we'll try out." She leaned up and kissed his cheek. Alvaro kissed her back. Megan took a deep breath and sighed. "Perhaps you're right. I've always found it easy to empathize with animals... and with people. Alvaro?"

"Yes?"

"Have you ever lied to me?"

His eyes pleaded for mercy. "In the deep sense, yes. Sins of misdirection. I don't think I've ever told you a direct lie, but I know I've misdirected you when you've asked me things. I've said things that were objectively true but only appeared to answer your questions. Megan, forgive me?"

"My love, of course." Her heart felt as if it were breaking. "And I give you my word. I will never again ask you to violate your oaths to Madeira."

His jaw clenched. "No! This farce and lack of trust must end! No more! I won't stand for it!"

It took a few seconds for the implications of Alvaro's anger to sink in. She gasped and cried out, "You mean you'll marry me?!"

He hugged her. "Beautiful, precious Megan," he whispered as he held her. He started to cry. "I feel so honored... Yes, my answer is yes. Thank you so much for asking me!"

They hugged and kissed fiercely. Megan's mind was a whirlwind of emotions. She tilted back and swooned in Alvaro's arms. She was dimly aware of him bending her slightly, and then his free arm cut off her balance at the back of her knees. An instant later she was being carried to her bedroom by her lover. They were both weeping with joy.

Chapter 5. First Union

Alvaro laid Megan on the bed and then lay beside her. They wept and caressed each other, their minds overwhelmed with caring love. And then the miracle of sexual desire occurred. The transformation took them both, the caring love evolving and transforming to an erotic love within a few electric seconds. They were both eager and almost desperate to express their new commitments with their bodies.

They quickly shed their pajamas. Naked flesh pressed against naked flesh, the need to couple became a physical necessity. Megan wondered dimly in her haste how Alvaro might want to mount her. They wound up in a missionary position. Megan smiled and curled her legs, wrapping them around Alvaro's sides. Then she started to buck upward with her hips and pubis pushing against his groin, rubbing his full erection against her soft inner thighs and vulva. She whimpered in her impatience.

hammingbyrd7
hammingbyrd7
1,377 Followers
1...34567...26