Badge of Dishonor Ch. 18

Story Info
The police help Nancy Burke with her problem.
1.9k words
4.34
29.2k
1
0

Part 18 of the 31 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 05/05/2003
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
D.C. Roi
D.C. Roi
1,335 Followers

Passion In James County X

Badge of Dishonor

By D.C. Roi

Chapter eighteen

Nancy Burke answered the knock on her door, her heart pounding. She was sure Bud Dickinson, her crude teen-age neighbor, had come back to demand more sex from her. She opened the door and was surprised to find two men in suits standing on her porch. The older man held up a leather case containing a gold star-shaped badge.

"I'm Alex Martin," the older of the two men said. "This is Lieutenant Tim Jackman. We're with the James County Sheriff's department. Are you Mrs. Nancy Burke?"

Alex had decided that, given the potentially sensitive nature of the investigation they were undertaking, it might be best if he and Tim handled it instead of assigning it to the duty detectives.

"Ah...yes...yes I am," Nancy said. "Can...can I help you with something?"

"May we come in, Mrs. Burke?" Alex asked.

"Yes...of course," Nancy said. She had no idea why the officers were there. She led them into the living room and they sat down.

"The reason we're here, Mrs. Burke," Alex said, "is that we have information that you may have been the victim of a crime, and that you may be victimized again."

"You...you do?" Nancy stammered. "How...?"

"Yes, ma'am," Alex said. "One of our patrol officers obtained evidence that indicates someone may be forcing you to do things you don't want to do."

"What...what...kind of things?" Nancy asked. She knew exactly what the officers were talking about, but had no idea how they'd found out what was going on.

"I think you know what I'm talking about, Mrs. Burke," Alex said, "and I understand why you're a bit hesitant about telling us about it. But we can help you, if you'll let us. When this first happened, you should have called us."

"I...I don't know how you found out..." Nancy said, her voice very soft. "But you're right. I...I guess I am being blackmailed...and...and I'm scared!"

"Tell us exactly how it happened," Alex said.

"I...I don't know if I can. I'm so ashamed," Nancy said staring at her feet.

"Mrs. Burke, you don't need to be embarrassed," Alex said, trying to sound reassuring. "I've been a cop for thirty years, and Lieutenant Jackman's heard it all, too, so there isn't much we haven't seen or heard. We're not here to judge you. Just relax, take your time, and tell us what happened. Why don't we sit down?"

After they all sat down in her living room, Nancy took a deep breath then, after a long pause, she let it out and began talking. The sheriff said very little, just an occasional question, seeking clarification, and his partner said nothing. Alex's style of interviewing made it easy for her to tell him what was going on. As she told the officers her story, she felt her spirits lift a little. Finally, she was done. She looked at Alex hopefully. "That...that's about it," she said.

Alex sat there quiet, lost in thought. This was a serious problem, but in reality, it would fairly easy to deal with and assure her safety. He could fix the blackmail all right, he was positive of that. All he had to do was bust Bud Dickinson and his friend.

On the other hand, he had no idea what to do about the fact that she was sleeping with Rod Billingham, his secretary's husband, if he ought to do anything. He didn't particularly like the fact that she was sleeping with the cop, but it really wasn't any of his business. As far as the business with the Dickinson kid went, Alex saw Nancy as a victim, and wanted badly to help her.

"I honestly don't think dealing with this Dickinson guy and his friend will be too big a problem," Alex told Nancy. "We could probably arrest them right now, but I have an idea of a way we can make an even better case against them, if you're willing to give us a little help."

"Really?" Nancy asked, brightening. "Can you really help me? What do I have to do?"

Alex explained his plan to Nancy, who agreed to go along with it. "There will be four officers here," he said. "Two of us in the house, and two outside. I can pretty much assure you that you'll be safe."

"I'll do anything if it helps put Bud in jail," Nancy said. "He's...he's an animal! You have no idea what he's...he's done to me!"

"He talked about coming here after he got out of court this morning," Alex said. "I have a feeling he might come directly here after court, so we better get ready." He knew more about the situation than he told Nancy. He'd contacted the court clerk and made arrangements to have Wilkinson and his friend arraigned early in the court session. And the backup car, with Luke Thomas and his partner in it, was already hidden down the street.

Nancy was scared, but if these officers could get that awful man to stop bothering her, she was willing to help them. If she didn't, she would be doomed to a life of degradation and shame at the hands of her crass neighbor.

"You go ahead and do whatever it is you do during the day, make things look as normal as possible," Alex said. "Tim and I will keep out of sight until your, ah, guests arrive." He smiled at Nancy. "And don't worry, Mrs. Burke, we aren't going to let you get hurt, no matter what."

"All...all right," Nancy replied.

A bit later, she was vacuuming the living room and didn't hear Bud and his friend walk into her house. When she turned and saw them, she jumped and almost screamed. She shut off the vacuum cleaner.

"You ready to party, bitch?" Bud said. "Me and Skunk, here, we hadda spend the night in jail. We was talkin' about you all night and we're both horny as hell!"

"I...I don't know what you're talking about, Bud," Nancy said, remembering what Alex told her to say. "What do...do you want here? What...what do you think I'm going to do with you?"

"Come on, bitch, don't give me that stupid act," Bud growled. "You know how it is. Unless you want your old man to find out you're screwin' that fuckin' cop, you better get down and party with Skunk and me. You're gonna love it. When Skunk and I are done with you, you're gonna be one happy chick."

"But...but..." Nancy stammered. She began backing slowly away from the two boys. Where were the cops? Why weren't they grabbing Bud and his friend?

"Grab her, Skunk," Bud ordered. "This dumb cunt thinks she's gonna get out of this, she's wrong." A feral smile formed on his lips. "Matter of fact," he said, "I think, seein' as how we're gonna give her such a good time, maybe she oughta pay us, don't you, Skunk?"

"Pay, what the hell are you talking about, Bud?" Skunk asked. He crossed the room and grabbed Nancy's arm.

Nancy felt tears welling up in her eyes and rolling down her cheeks.

Alex and Tim, secreted in the big hall closet, looked at each other and nodded. They unholstered their weapons, Alex opened the door, and they stepped out.

"Come on, bitch," But said, "get your ass upstairs so we can get this show on the road."

Alex and Tim stepped into the living room and pointed their guns at the two young men, who still hadn't seen them.

"Sheriff's Department!" Alex said. "I think you should boys better let the lady go and assume the position up against that wall over there," he said softly. "I don't think the lady wants to go anywhere with you."

Bud spun around, startled. Skunk, holding Nancy's arm, stared at the two officers. They hadn't seen or heard the cops come in.

"What the fuck do you pigs think you're doing?" Bud demanded.

"We're arresting you," Alex replied. "You'll be facing charges of rape, and maybe a few other crimes, too."

The young tough made a face. "What the fuck are you talking about?" He turned to his friend. "Come on, Skunk, let's get out of here!"

Skunk released Nancy's arm and looked around, wondering how he was going to get out, seeing as how the two cops were standing in front of the door.

Alex pointed his gun at Skunk. "You're not leaving, son," he said.

Skunk stopped, turned pale, and held his hands out in front of him, pleading. "Hey, man..." he said, his voice wavering.

Alex motioned with the gun. "Move over there, next to your friend. Both of you remain very still."

While Alex covered the two young toughs, Tim radioed for their backup.

Sweating and gulping hard, Skunk did as Alex told him.

Alex looked at Bud. "What's your name?"

"Bud," came the reply. "Bud Dickinson."

"Bud, I'd like it if you and your friend Skunk would be my guest down at the county lockup," Alex said.

"What...what are you going to do to us?" Skunk asked, his voice thin, still quavering with fear.

"I'm going to lock you up, then I'm going to call the prosecuting attorney and see if we can't arrange for you to have a new address for, say, the next fifteen or so years," Alex said, smiling.

Outside the house, there was the sound of an engine, then two uniformed officers burst into the room.

"Get these two miserable excuses for human beings out of here," Alex told Luke and Jonas. "Lieutenant Jackman and I will meet you back at the station after we take Mrs. Burke's statement, then we'll process them."

Luke and his partner handcuffed the two men and removed them from the house. Tim went outside to wait for Alex to finish taking the woman's statement.

Alex looked at Nancy and smiled. "That's that," he said, "They won't be bothering you for a long, long time."

"Are you sure?" Nancy asked.

"I'm sure," Alex said.

Nancy smiled at him. "I...I don't know how to thank you," she said. "I...I really don't."

"We're just doing our job," Alex said. "But I wish you'd called us when this first happened, Mrs. Burke. It would have saved you a lot of aggravation."

Nancy couldn't believe her ordeal was really over. She felt a tremendous rush of gratitude for Alex. "You...you've done so much for me," she said.

"Like I said," Alex told her, "I'm just doing my job." He frowned. "But there is something else I'd like to talk with you about," he said.

"What...what's that?" Nancy asked.

"Your relationship with Trooper Billingham," he said. "Is that relationship coerced, or are you in it of your own free will?"

"Rod...he...he didn't force me, if that's what you mean," Nancy replied.

"Do you plan to continue that relationship?" Alex asked.

"I...I don't know," Nancy replied. "I...I guess I shouldn't."

"Look," Alex said, "sometimes people get themselves in fixes they don't know how to get out of. But there are people who can help." He took a card out of his pocket and handed it to Nancy. "That's the phone number of a therapist I know. She might be able to help you sort things out."

Nancy looked at Alex and gave him a weak smile. "Th...thank you!" she stammered.

"You take care, now, Mrs. Burke," Alex said. Then he turned and left.

D.C. Roi
D.C. Roi
1,335 Followers