Baser Instincts Ch. 02

Story Info
Kost finds out the true extent of his new abilities...
6.9k words
4.7
10.9k
6

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 10/01/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kost awoke in his own house, in his own bed. He stared at the ceiling for several moments, blinking a few times. A dream? The last thing he remembered had been talking with the linsang in the kitchen in the diner.

He sat up slowly, cradling his head in his paws. Deep breaths, just like the counselor had suggested. In and out. In and out. Visualize a scan line going from your ears to your feet like in a science fiction film. No headaches. No strange feeling of nausea deep in his gut. Back to normal.

"Just a dream," he sighed, slowly falling back. He must have stayed asleep after coming home from work and slept all through the night, dreaming like he hadn't in ages. That would explain his... interaction with Gabrielle, the reflection lunging out of the mirror, and the diner being closed on a Friday night. Not to mention the strange linsang. They were all oddities conjured up by his tired, still grieving subconscious.

Kost adjusted his posture, rolling onto his side. The motion went against the grain of his fur, sending soothing tingles through his body. Then he blinked. He lifted the sheets and realized he was completely naked. Strange. He always slept in at least his underthings. Kost rolled back over to look at the foot of the bed for where his clothes might have gone.

And nearly jumped out of his skin.

Staring back at him from the mirror was a wolf he didn't recognize at first, because the wolf in the mirror hadn't looked back at him for some decades. There was no grey in his fur yet. The notch in his ear from a kitchen accident had been smoothed over, the thin skin whole and unbroken. And despite his glasses being on the table nearby, he could see perfectly clearly.

Kost scrambled out of bed and got real close to the mirror, just to make sure his eyes weren't playing tricks on him. He turned his head this way and that, opening his muzzle wide. His teeth were white and healthy, his gums softer and pinker than they'd been in ages. "What is this?" he muttered, examining himself further.

"What I promised," a soft male voice said in his ear. Blunt claws skittered up Kost's spine.

The wolf whirled around. Nobody was in the bedroom with him. He turned back around to the mirror. In the reflection of the room behind him, kneeling on his bed, was the linsang. This time the linsang was very, very naked. He had a slender frame, spots going all the way down his sides, broken only by the splash of white on his chest, belly, and groin. A long pink shaft hung between his legs, impressive even in its flaccid state. His freaky eyes glittered with humor. "Hello again, Kost."

"What are you doing here?" Kost panted, looking back and forth between the mirror and the empty bed behind him. "Am I still dreaming?"

"Oh no, this is very, very real," the linsang said. He reached up and pinched a few strands of Kost's back fur between his fingers, then pulled. Kost yelped as the hairs were ripped free. "You passed out in the diner last night, ruined my big exit and everything. Couldn't just leave you there, now could I?"

"I... you... what?"

The linsang sighed and got up off the bed. In the mirror, he pressed up behind Kost, molding his body against the curve of the wolf's back. In reality, Kost felt something press against his back, but when he reached behind him, his paw passed through empty air.

"You need to relax, Kost buddy," the linsang purred. "Most people would kill to have two decades knocked off their bodies. You're effectively in your thirties again, man. Single, no obligations, with a killer musk that drives that laides wild." He reached up to toy with one of Kost's ears. "Get what I'm saying?"

Kost ducked his head and moved away, feeling the presence against his back vanish. "I get what you're saying, but I'm telling you, I don't want this!"

The linsang laughed. "You say that now! But like I said, give it some time. You'll come around like all the others."

The wolf's head snapped towards the space the linsang occupied in the mirror. "What others?"

"Oops, didn't mean to let that one slip," the linsang said, putting a paw over his muzzle.

"Just what are you?"

"I told you before, I'm an outsider."

"But you must have a name."

The linsang smoothed down some of his chest fur. "Ah, but if I told you the game would be up before it's even gotten in motion."

"What game?" Kost said, a bit of a snarl creeping into his voice. Whether it was from fear or frustration he couldn't say.

"Here's a hint," the linsang said. He moved closer to Kost in the mirror reflection, trailing his paw along the antique dresser. "To call me by my proper name would be to call me strife."

"That doesn't tell me anything!"

"I'm sure you'll figure it out." The linsang reached up to touch Kost's cheek. "Now, I believe there's someone at your door."

"What?"

A knock echoed through the house, the sound of sharp knuckles striking the weathered wood. A moment later, the doorbell sounded. Kost turned his head towards the sound as it came, then looked back in the mirror. The linsang was gone, and he was alone.

The wolf hurriedly pulled underwear and pants on, hopping around on one leg like a collegiate who'd slept in late for class with a hangover. The knock and doorbell sounded again. "Just a moment!" he called. Without bothering to put a shirt on, Kost hurried through his empty house to the door, not bothering to check outside before opening the door. "Gah!"

Gabrielle stood on his doorstep, dressed in a bathrobe and seemingly nothing else if her bare legs and feet were anything to go by. Her dark hair was wet, slick from the shower and smelling of lavender. "Good morning, Kost darling," she purred, reaching up to toy with a lock of her hair as if she were decades younger. "I was wondering if you wanted to continue where we left off yesterday."

Kost made a strangled noise and stuck his head through the door. He looked up and down the street. It was a Saturday morning, so there wasn't much happening save for the distant buzz of lawnmowers in suburban backyards. Then he saw Miss Penderghast down the street at the foot of her driveway, skimming the paper from where she'd picked it up.

"Don't tell me you've already found something better than these." Gabrielle reached up and yanked open the top part of her robe, exposing herself to him. Kost's eyes widened at the sight of those heavy breasts, all but burned into his retinas from the dream.

Except it hadn't been a dream, had it?

Miss Penderghast started to look up. Kost hurriedly grabbed hold of Gabrielle's waist and yanked her inside his house, slamming the door behind him and splaying his body across it, breathing heavily.

"So forceful," Gabrielle murmured. She shrugged off the robe, the thin garment falling to her feet in a pink and white puddle. Her figure was just as captivating the second time around, and Kost felt his body betray him and respond automatically, his cock growing thick inside his pants. "Already so eager for little old me again..."

"That is decidedly not what his happening here," Kost said, clapping a paw over his eyes. "Gabrielle, please make yourself decent again."

"Why on earth would I do that, baby?" she cooed. Her slender fingers undid the catch on his pants with a quick motion.

Kost felt something lurch in his gut, a strength he hadn't felt in decades surging in his body. He almost sprang off the door, grabbing hold of Gabrielle and twisting her around before shoving her up against the wall. His nose was pressed into her hair, flooding his senses with lavender shampoo scent and her own feminine musk. With the catch on his pants undone, the thin barrier of his boxers were all that were keeping his wolfhood from sliding neatly into the cleft of Gabrielle's ass, or lower into her wet heat.

"Rrrf, God, yes," Gabrielle moaned into his off-white living room walls. "Take me, you fucking beast."

Kost growled and pushed against her, virility coursing through him like a drug. He felt alive, vibrating with anticipation. She was already submitting to him, her body language was clear. Just tug the boxers down and...

He shook his head, taking a few deep breaths as he realized his claws were digging into Gabrielle's bare back. Any more pressure and even his blunted tips would start cutting and drawing blood. He recoiled, his feet slapping the floor hard. The motion made his pants slide down his thighs, then to his knees, which in turn threw him off balance. Kost windmilled his arms as he lilted to the side, catching himself on the wall.

"Kost?" Gabrielle said, looking over her shoulder. "Are you alright?"

Kost picked himself up, yanking his pants up and making sure to button them. "I... I'm not in the mood, Gabrielle."

She turned slowly, her face pouty. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, just... please make yourself decent." He offered her a guilty smile. "I'm sorry."

The look of abject sadness on her face almost made Kost change his mind. Gabrielle took a long time bending over and retrieving her bathrobe, putting it on with a slowness that was agonizing to watch. But Kost reasoned that ever time he looked away it only seemed to incentivize her to invade his personal space more, so as much as it made his skin crawl he stared at her naked form as it was covered bit by bit.

It was only when Gabrielle cinched the waist of her robe that Kost felt like he could let out a breath he hadn't been holding. "Please, Kost," she murmured. "Whatever you want me to do that will make you happy, I'll do it."

Kost opened his mouth to protest how absurd he thought that statement was before his mind raced ahead of his muzzle and gave him an idea. "What would make me happy," he said, "is for you to go home and take the day off. Relax, call your kids, and tell them that you love them." He approached her and took her hands gently in his paws. "And don't worry about me. Alright?"

Gabrielle's face brightened. "Okay! I'll make sure to do that." She stood on tiptoe and kissed his nose before turning and walking out his front door back home next door.

Kost closed the door behind her, then put his back to it and slid down to the floor into a sitting position. His head fell into his paws. What in the fucking world was going on? First he'd felt sick, then he'd slept with his neighbor, then he'd met an unnerving linsang in the diner kitchen, then he'd woken up looking twenty years younger. It seemed like such an odd sequence of events that made absolutely no sense, all beginning with...

His head snapped up. Lunch at the diner yesterday. That was when all this had started.

Kost's paws drummed anxiously on the steering wheel as he sat in the parking lot of Maggie's. He'd been sitting in his car for almost fifteen minutes now, watching the interior of the diner for... something, he wasn't sure. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. He saw the faces of many of the regulars, and Maggie herself moving to and from tables as she doted on her customers. From this angle he couldn't see the kitchen and who was in it, but today he realized that Ivan's little subcompact was parked in its usual spot in the corner of the lot.

The linsang's words from the night before came back to him. If you ask her about today tomorrow she'll swear up and down Ivan was in here all day. And if you go find Ivan himself, he'll tell you he was in here today.

"Right," Kost muttered. "And I can make meatloaf as good as Maggie does."

The pavement was warm under his feet as Kost crossed the parking lot and entered the diner. A few patrons by the door looked up as he entered, as if they were expecting someone, but then turned back to their food when they realized he wasn't who they were looking for. Kost leaned forward, trying to get a look into the kitchen through the aperture behind the bar.

"Kost!" Maggie threaded her way between the tables over to him, wiping her hands on the apron she wore. Her dress that day was a checkered navy blue and turquoise. "What are you doing here on a Saturday, hon?"

"I came to talk to you, actually," Kost said.

Maggie gave him a quick hug with one arm. "What about?" she asked.

"Yesterday, when I came in here for lunch," Kost said as she pulled back from him. For a brief moment, her nostrils flared wide. "Who was working in the kitchen yesterday?"

Her brow furrowed. "Ivan. Same as always, hon."

Kost's throat tightened. "No, see, I could've sworn it was someone else yesterday."

"Like who?"

"It was a linsang. Young-looking, maybe a hundred-fifty pounds soaking wet."

Maggie raised an eyebrow. "I don't know any linsangs, hon. Or many mustelids at all for that matter."

"Is Ivan here right now?"

Maggie nodded. "Yeah, for sure. Come on back. Carol, I'm taking a break right quick!"

"Yes, Miss M!" one of the other servers answered from across the restaurant.

Maggie took Kost's paw and led him through the swinging door by the bar to the kitchen in the back. In contrast to the quiet of the previous night, the back room was alive for the lunchtime rush. Ivan was a hulking polar bear who moved with a precision and grace that seemed at odds with his bulk. He also had insane endurance, often going a whole shift without a break while keeping up with the demands all on his own. Three pots were going at once on the stove, while something delicious smelling roasted in the oven. At the moment the bear was cracking a fourth egg into a pan for an omelette, tossing the shells into the garbage can by the stove. "Yes, Miss M?" he rumbled. "What can Ivan do for you?"

"Ivan, sweetie, you were here all day yesterday, right?" Maggie asked.

"Indeed. Came in at nine, left at seven. As always do."

Maggie looked at Kost, her fingers rubbing his arm gently. "See, hon. Ivan was here like he always is."

Kost shook his head. "That can't be. I definitely saw a linsang back here yesterday while I was eating. He even made the kielbasa different than you."

At the mention of someone messing with one of his recipes Ivan turned his broad head towards Kost. "What this linsang do different?"

"I'm not sure. He put some spices on it or something and..." Kost trailed off. He'd been about to blurt that made me sleep with my neighbor.

"I know not of this linsang of which you speak," Ivan rumbled, turning back to the stove. He stirred a pot of stew with one paw while gently trimming the edges of the cooking omelette in the pan with the side of a spatula with the other. "Nobody in this kitchen save for Ivan yesterday. Was Friday, able to handle it myself."

"If you'd just let me hire you some extra paws," Maggie said.

"I don't need them, thank you."

"There was definitely a linsang here!" Kost protested. "I know there was! I saw him! I keep seeing him!"

Maggie and Ivan looked at him curiosity. "Are you feeling okay, Kost?" Maggie asked.

Kost ran a paw over his muzzle, flattening his ear down for a moment before they sprang back upright. "I'm not sure," he muttered.

Maggie moved to his side, placing one of her broad hands on his forehead. Her palm was soft to the touch. "Goodness, Kost! You're burning up!"

"I am?" He didn't feel like he was.

She took hold of his shoulders and steered him away from Ivan. "Come here, dear. Ivan, hold down the fort. I'm gonna take care of Kost right quick." The polar bear nodded and turned back to his beloved flattop.

Maggie bustled Kost into her office in the back of the diner, a nondescript room with no decor on the walls save for a corkboard with the employee schedule, a desk with a computer that would've been outdated a decade ago, and a big padded rolling chair. "Sit here, love," Maggied insisted, patting the back of the chair.

Kost did as she bade. The seat cushion's padding had been worn down a bit from years of supporting Maggie's thick frame, but he was still able to settle comfortably into the curve of the seat. "Maggie, really, I feel fine," he protested. "Honestly, I might have just been hot from the kitchen."

Maggie smiled gently at him as she closed the office door. Then she threw the deadbolt with a quick turn of her wrist. "Kost darling, you're always hot. Did you do something with your fur?"

"No, I just woke up like this looking like twenty years had been wrung out of my..." he trailed of. He was always what now?

Maggie's tail lashed back and forth behind her as she lingered by the door. Her wide nostrils flared with every deep breath she took. Her eyes glittered with an animalistic intensity that he'd never seen before. "You've always been hot," she said, reaching up to unhook her apron from over her head. "You're one of the finest men I've ever seen in my life."

Kost's mind connected the dots quickly. The initial flare of her nostrils after she'd hugged him. The way she kept breathing deep, as if there was something in the air she couldn't get enough of. He blinked. "Oh no, not you too."

"If I'd known you were coming in today I would've worn something more flattering," Maggie purred, moving towards him. Her fingers deftly undid the buttons on the front of her blouse. "But this'll have to do I suppose."

"Maggie, hang on," Kost said, raising a paw, acutely aware that a thick wall of female bovine stood between him and the room's one exit. "Take a second. Think about this."

"What is there to think about?" she cooed. The buttons came undone, and she parted her blouse down the middle. Her fur pattern continued down from her face, a pretty patchwork of white, tan, and brown. She wore a pastel pink brassiere of a massive size, and even then it seemed to be struggling to contain her breasts. "You've come in here five days out of the week for years, always tipped well, and never asked for any special treatment at all. Let me make it up to you."

"That..." Kost began. Sounds perfect, the voice that was his and yet not said.

"Good..." Maggie reached behind her and undid the catch on her bra, the undergarment falling away from her body. Kost's eyes went wide. Maggie's tits were a size that his brain initially denied could ever be reached without... augmentation, yet there they were, each as a big as a ripe melon, tipped with a rosy nipple already full and begging to be nipped and sucked on. She cupped those beautiful mounds in both hands, raising one to her muzzle so her broad, flat tongue could slip out and lap at her own nipple.

"Maggie, I..." Kost panted, feeling that spectre of primal libido rise up. His cock was full and aching inside his pants, and he curled his fingers around the frame of the chair to refrain from stroking himself through his clothes. "We need to control ourselves."

She fell to her knees in front of him and crawled the rest of the way to the chair on her hands and knees. "I'm not interested in control, Kost," she murmured. Her body rubbed against his thigh, her nipples tingling as they traced a path up his lap. She nosed at the bulge at his crotch. "And I don't think you are either. Let me make you feel good, honey."

That libido crashed down on him like a waterfall, filling his limbs with strength and his soul with lust. He reached down and caressed the base of one of her stubby horns with his paw. "Then put those tits to work," he growled.

Maggie let out a soft croon, then quickly undid the catch on his pants. Kost's wolfhood sprang free of its confines, bopping the cow on the nose. She giggled like a young lover sneaking the encounter in the backseat of a car before her tongue lathed up Kost's length from root to tip, swirling around the head before going back down. "More tasty than anything I could ever cook," she murmured, going lower to lap and suck on one of his balls.

Kost growled appreciatively, and as pleasure from her ministrations began to flow through him, the rational part of his brain found itself trapped more and more, until it was smothered underneath a river of primal instinct. Kost felt as though he were watching a movie through his own eyes as Maggie's muzzle bobbed up and down in his lap, liberal in the application of her tongue. His body twitched and writhed as she sucked on the head of his cock, her lovely blue eyes looking up at him. Slowly, she pulled her head back, dragging his cock against her soft lips. "You're very lucky in this department, Kost," she hummed as she shifted her posture so that his waist was even with her chest. She used her hands to position those luscious, soft tits around his cock, her soft fur adding another sensation on top of the slickness from her muzzle. "God, you're nice and cozy between my girls and you've still got some length showing..."

12