Batman: Arkham City Chronicles

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Harley just kisses Batman to settle any doubt he may have over her obedient. While the two lovers exchanging kisses Bruce thought drift back to the day when he asked Harley what she would do if something happening to him? He had never seen a sadder look and her reply was, "I will kill myself without you."

For better or worst Harley is Bruce's property now and no matter what he isn't going to hurt nor disappoint her, or let her down.

Bruce slaps Harley on her ample backside before sending her off to speak with Poison Ivy and then decide to go to shower before walking back to his Master Bedroom. Bruce turns on the television, while waiting for the water to get hot and see a special report by Vicki Vale who is speaking, "This is Vicki Vale reporting live from Iron Heights Penitentiary where just moment ago the criminal Kate Mugler better known as Red Claw had escape while the Flash and Gorilla Grodd engaged in a fearsome battle. Grodd was defeated and recaptured but not before the Meta-human wing suffered damage. Now, Warden Ranken..."

Bruce sees Warden David Ranken steps into the scene, as Vicki continues, "...how much damages did the Penitentiary received during the battle between the Flash and Gorilla Grodd? Also, is there any chance or danger of a breakout in the metahuman wing?"

"Despite the damages that the metahuman wing took during the battle between the two metahumans, it is still secure and we have place extra men both external and internal," explains Ranken, clearly not happy with the question. Ranken is well known for his anti-metahuman sentiment. However, Vicki is the sight of professionalism as she continues, "Then what about the reports..."

However, Bruce steps into the shower where the water is streaming hot but it's just how Bruce likes it. Bruce ponders his plans for the future plus how his one-man war on crime isn't working well. Bruce spend 15 to 20 minutes showering, Bruce steps out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his lower-section when Alfred walks in voicing, "Master Bruce, here is your suit for tonight."

"Tonight?" asks Bruce, not knowing why he would need anything beside his Bat suit. Alfred just shake his head since he figures Bruce wouldn't remember before says, "Master Bruce, tonight is the night where you're attending your family's annual Foundation for a Better Future and Better Gotham. You must attend since you're speaking or it will be seen as an unprecedented absence."

Bruce wants to roll his eyes but knows Alfred is right. Alfred is his close friend, advisor, and mentor to Bruce but sometime Bruce think Alfred enjoys ruining his lifestyle. Regardless Bruce questioning, "OK but whom am I planning to take as a date?"

"Julie Madison," voices Alfred, laying Bruce suit on the bed, "She is on her way now and you should be ready when she arrives."

This time Bruce actual does roll his eyes because Julie has been his on/off-girlfriend but their relationship can sometimes be toxic. Alfred see Bruce roll his eyes and commenting, "Don't blame me Master Bruce. Julie needs a date and you didn't arrange a date."

Alfred exits the room, leaving Bruce with his own thoughts. The moral-side of Batman wondering how he got here in the last year? The human-side of Bruce quite likes the changes much better than his old lifestyle. Yes, he is still fighting crime but he isn't so alone now. Even before when he had Dick and Barbara he still always felt alone but Bruce isn't feeling alone as much anymore. This thought causes Bruce to ponder something that shakes him to his core: does he miss the Joker? The answer to that question is complicate. Now part of Bruce is glad that the Joker is gone, any sane person would be. However, part of Bruce feels sorrow because he always thought he could at least save Joker's life. Bruce even hoped to eventually make a prison that was so well-construction that the Joker could never escape again. So, Bruce guessed he also could be feeling some pity because he failed.

Alumni Main Hall,

Main Campus,

Gotham University, Gotham City

Despite not wanting too, Bruce and Julie walk arm-in-arm down the red carpet as photographers taking pictures of the 'power couple' since Bruce is the most eligible bachelor in the States.

While Bruce and Julie walk through the crowd, Bruce sees Silver Saint Cloud and Linda Page. Silver and Linda are both former love interests of Bruce. However, like Julie's relationship with Bruce neither Silver nor Linda's relationships were very successful because of Bruce's lifestyle despite the sex being quite wonderful. Silver and Linda walks over to Bruce before exchanging hellos with him while Julie says, "Silver and Linda..."

Bruce could have disappeared because the three women start a conversation without him. Bruce looks around the room for some intelligence conversation while waiting for his speech to the entire crowd. Bruce scans the room and eyes focus on a black hair, green eyed woman who he knows as Jayna Hudson, daughter of American diplomat Tom Hudson and an Indian-born British actress.

"Jayna..." voices Bruce, walking over to the stunning beauty who has recently returned to Gotham, "...when did you get back again?"

"A couple days after Christmas," answers Jaina, "Just been resting since I got back from Metropolis but how have you been?"

"Busy but overall I have been good," replies Bruce, who had troubles to balance his personal life, profession life, and his vigilante activities leading to several failed relationships but he can't let his family business down, "Jaina what were you doing in Metropolis, another modeling job or taking more sugar daddy?"

"Modeling actual but let not talk about that," voices Jaina, taking Bruce aside to a corner, "Listen, we need to talk about something urgent. Is there anywhere we can go to talk alone?"

"What is this about?" asks Bruce, seeing Jaina shaking but before Jaina can reply Bruce is announces to speak to the crowd.

Two Hours Later:

After speaking for about twenty minutes and making the rounds Bruce is finally able to find Jaina again but she is talking to a woman who Bruce doesn't know. Before Bruce can get close, the woman quickly exits and disappears into the crowd. As Bruce steps beside Jaina, he asks, "Who was that? She looks familiar?"

Bruce immediately notices Jaina is shaking more since she is so scared. Jaina voices, "She is what I want to talk to you about?"

"Come with me back to the manor," replies Bruce, going to find Julie, Silver, and Linda but they already had left, it would seem together. This actually works better for him as he immediately leaves before head back to the residence with Jaina.

Living Room,

Wayne Manor,

Gotham City

Jaina has stop shaking and is less nervous now than she was before. Alfred brings Jaina something to drink, as Bruce sit down while asking, "Jaina who was that woman and what is this about?"

"Her name is Isabel Rochev, she is running from Oliver Queen in Star City," explains Jaina, "Oliver wants her because she works for a rival firm, Stellmoor International and had dirt on him."

"I know the Queens. Their family and mine hadn't always got along. Especially Robert and my father who clashed over business ethnic and other issues like the treatment of their employees," voices Bruce, "What is this about? I mean beside Isabel Rochev?"

"It is about someone known as the Arkham Knight," answers Jaina...

12