Battered Ch. 07

Story Info
...happily ever after.
4k words
4.73
37.8k
41

Part 7 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/24/2022
Created 07/16/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LilMami07
LilMami07
404 Followers

Here it is!!! The final chapter of Battered. Special thanks to mococoa20022000. She is the greatest!!!! I want to thank yall for sticking with me throughout this story. Don't forget to comment, email, and vote PLEASE!!!! I really hope yall like it :)

********************

"What are you doing here?" Hallee asked nervously.

Before she knew it, Santana was by her side grabbing her hand tightly.

"Mommy?" he asked looking at his father.

"Hey, little man," Jeremy said, squatting down and resting on his haunches. He reached out and tried to hold Santana's hand, but the little boy pulled away.

"No," he said and scampered behind his mother.

"Go to your room, baby."

"I don't want to, Mommy."

"Go," she said sternly.

Santana walked toward his bedroom but turned around.

"You'd better not hurt my mommy or my sister," and with that, he walked to his room.

"Wow," Jeremy said, surprised.

"Well, what did you expect? Him to run to you with open arms?" she said placing a hand on her hip.

"I deserved that," he said defeated. "Can I come in?"

"No, you may not. How did you find me?"

"Hallee, I just wanna talk."

"Answer the question, Jeremy."

He scratched the back of his neck. "Eddie."

"What? How big of you! You think just because you have friends in high places you can use that to your advantage?"

"Look, you had no right to take my son."

"I had EVERY right to take MY son. I don't know why you're here, but there's nothing here for you. I'd appreciate it if you left," she said attempting to shut him out. He put his foot in the doorway to stop her.

"Damnit, Hallee. I'm trying really hard, okay? I know you might not believe me and don't trust me, but I didn't come here to start trouble. Can we at least try to be civil about this?"

Hallee couldn't believe his nerve. Civil?

"Jeremy, please leave. I would hate having to call the cops on you because I felt as if my child, my unborn child and my safety were in danger."

"Why would you do that? Hallee, I know you. Better than you know yourself. You're not this type of person. Please," he pleaded. "Just give me a chance to come in and talk."

Halle knew she shouldn't, but he was right. She wasn't the type of person to be mean. Against her better judgment, she let him in.

*************************

Lucas knew he should have called before he stopped by, but he was too excited. He saw the new Transformer game at Wal-Mart and had to get it for Santana. Lucas smiled when he knocked on the door.

He heard a few muffled voices and then saw the doorknob turn. Hallee gave him a small smile and stepped outside.

"Umm...now's not a good time, Luke."

"That's no problem, Hal," he said cheerful. "I just came by to give this to little man. I saw it and had to get it for him."

That's why Hallee loved him. What woman wouldn't love a man who came out of nowhere and moseyed his way into her heart and her son's? Who treated her son as if he were his own?

"Thanks. I'll give it to him."

"If you don't mind, I'd rather give it to him myself. I wanna see his reaction," he said excitedly. He stepped around her and into the apartment where he saw Jeremy.

"What's this?" Lucas asked walking over him. Jeremy immediately stood.

"Luke..." Hallee said.

"Look, man," Jeremy started. Too late.

"I thought I told you I'd better not see you again," Lucas said throwing the game down.

"It's not even like that, man."

"Oh yea?" Lucas grabbed Jeremy by the collar and slammed him into the wall. Hallee screamed, causing Santana to come sprinting out of his room with his woofle ball bat.

Lucas repeatedly slammed Jeremy against the wall.

"Man, get the hell off me!" Jeremy shouted, grabbing at his hands.

"Shut the fuck up!" Lucas roared.

Hallee had enough. She ran up to the men and tried to pull Lucas off Jeremy.

"Stop it! Stop it now!"

Lucas dropped Jeremy as if he were on fire.

'I'm not having this in my home," Hallee said angrily. "Lucas, you can leave now."

He stared at her incredulously. "Are you serious?"

"You come in here and disrespect me. You disrespect my house by slamming him against my walls. And most important, you disrespect my son by coming in here cursing and fighting. I didn't know you had this side to you, Lucas. I'm shocked," she said softly, shaking her head.

Santana stared at everyone, all the while firmly gripping his bat. Lucas looked at him and immediately regretted everything. He looked scared, and Hallee's face held a mixture of sadness and anger.

Lucas looked around for the game. He saw it and took it over to Santana.

"Here you go, little man," he whispered. "I'm sorry," he said bending down and kissing him on the head.

Santana looked at the game. He took it and went to stand beside his mother.

"I'm so sorry, Hal. You're right. This is so unlike me," he said softly. "Forgive me please," he said staring into her wide brown eyes.

She said nothing, so he took that as his cue. He left without acknowledging Jeremy.

"You should leave too, " she said looking at Jeremy.

"But I didn't do anything. You saw him. He came in here and started it up with me," Jeremy complained.

"You are sooo not the victim here, Jeremy. Now leave."

"Well when can I come back?" he asked, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"I'll call you."

Jeremy walked out the door and looked back... right before Hallee slammed the door in his face.

Hallee and Santana stood there eyeing each other.

"What now, baby?"

************ *************

Hallee and Sabrina sat on the sofa in Hallee's apartment eating butter pecan ice cream out of the cart. Santana was out for the night, so they enjoyed a little quiet.

"Should you be eating this?" Sabrina asked pointing at the ice cream and Hallee's protruding belly.

"Yes, I should."

"I don't know, Hal. I've never been pregnant, but I'm not sure you should try to down this whole thing."

"I'm not downing the whole thing. You're eating too," Hallee said as she tucked a foot under her bottom. "Now move your spoon, greedy."

"Well excuse me, pregnant lady," she said hitting Hallee's spoon with her own. "You speak to Luke lately?"

"Nope," Hallee said staring into the TV.

"Hal, baby, if you ask me the jerk deserved it. Luke was angry. You know he wouldn't have done that if he wasn't."

"I know that, but still in front of me and Santana?"

"Can you imagine how upset he was, though? He told me when he saw Jeremy he warned him what would happen. Come to think of it, I warned that mother fucker too. Oh hell no. Where he at?" Sabrina said.

"Calm down, Mayweather," Hallee joked. "Everything went fine."

"Probably 'cause he was scared. Lucas jacked him up pretty good, didn't he?" Sabrina laughed.

"Yea. My wall tells it all."

"I still can't believe Luke did that. Wow. Didn't know my baby had it in him," she said eyeing Hallee. "I mean your baby," she switched.

"Neither did I. It scared the daylights out of me, Brina."

"I know. I'm sorry, Hal," she said hugging her. "I'm gonna tell him about his self next time I see him. As a matter of fact, he said something about The Joint this weekend. Let's check him out."

"No. I'm not ready to see him yet."

"Yes you are, mama. You miss him. I can tell. And I love you and all, but I'm not gonna spoon you at night," she joked.

"I didn't ask you to," Hallee laughed.

"Come on. We don't even have to tell him we're there. Just pop in and listen and leave. No harm done. I forgot how good he was."

"Do I really have a choice?"

"Of course you have a choice, silly. As long as you make the right one. If not, you don't."

"Well, okay then. I'll go with you, but on one condition."

"Yea?"

"You have to buy me another carton of ice cream, since you ate most of this one."

"I'll buy another one," Sabrina said licking her spoon. "But I'm eating the rest of this one," she said snatching the carton away from Hallee.

Hallee laughed. "Whatever, greedy. I'm going to bed. The couch is all yours. Love you, and see you in the morning."

"You too."

Sabrina stared at her best friend's back as she made her way to her bedroom. She'd come a long way.

*************************

Lucas hadn't been to The Joint in a while. He'd been too wrapped and tied up in Hallee to think about much else over the past months. He was welcomed back with cheers and applause. He couldn't help but think about her. She was everywhere.

He stepped onto the stage and took his place.

Hallee sat in the audience and listened as his words touched her. He sang Ray LaMontagne's Trouble a capella, and it was beautiful.

Lucas closed his eyes while he sang. The women in the audience loved him. He heard a few whistles and a woman yelled out "I wanna have your babies." He laughed and looked out to find the voice. A busty blonde girl in the front was smiling up at him. He scanned the room again and saw two familiar faces near the back. One was staring at him and the other was staring daggers in the back of the blonde girl's head. Hallee and Sabrina? He closed his eyes and reopened them, but they were gone.

************ *************

Lucas had time to calm down. He hadn't spoken to her in weeks. He felt miserable. He had to talk to her. Had to see her. He grabbed his keys, and his pride, and walked out the door.

When he got there, he knocked on her door and was greeted with a very pregnant Hallee.

"Luke."

"I've missed you like crazy. I'm hallucinating now. I don't know what came over me Hal, but I swear it'll never happen again. That's not the type of person I am. I'm sorry I put you in that situation."

"I forgive you, Luke. I can understand that you were upset. The thing that upset me was how you did it in front of my son. He's seen enough violence as it is. That's why I left Jeremy. I don't want my son to grow up and think it's okay to use violence for people to listen to you. It's not right."

"I know Hal. I know. And I'm so sorry. I'll apologize a million times if I have to."

Hallee smiled. He was such a sweetheart.

"You don't have to do that. But I just wanted to inform you that Jeremy is coming over later to spend a little time with Santana."

Hallee watched him to gauge his reaction. She saw him tense.

"Oh. Okay then. I guess I'll just go," and he turned to leave.

"You can stay a while, Luke," she said reaching out to grab his hand. "Let's talk."

Lucas walked in and waited for her to start.

"Everything's fine. You may not believe it, but Jeremy has actually come around and done a 180. Well, not a 180. Maybe more of a 145. But you have nothing to worry about."

"Hal, it hasn't been that long. What, a few months of therapy makes you a changed man nowadays? I don't believe anything he says. He just wants to get in good with you again so he can manipulate you."

"Nobody's manipulating anyone, okay? He's not a changed man. He's a better man. Don't worry about me Luke. I'm okay. I've got this under control," she said hugging him. "But thanks for caring. Now, Santana's been dying to see you. He wants to show you how far he's gotten on that game you got him."

Lucas smiled. At least someone still wanted him around.

*************************

"Step on him!!" Santana shouted at Lucas.

"I'm pressing X, but it's not working, little man!"

It was too late. Lucas lost.

"I'm sorry, Santana."

"It's okay. Let's try again," he said excitedly. We're gonna beat them this time!"

When Lucas heard the knock at the front door, he knew who it was. Hallee opened it and he heard their muffled conversation.

"Well, alright little man. I gotta be going now. I'll be back real soon though, and we can kick some machine butt," he smiled.

"You're leaving already?" Santana whined.

"Yes. Someone's here to see you, so I'm gonna be going."

"Okay."

Santana stood and gave Lucas a hug around the waist. He then walked out of his room holding Lucas' hand. Jeremy looked at their joined hands and then up at Lucas.

Lucas placed a kiss on Hallee's cheek as he passed by her and stopped in front of Jeremy.

"Hey man. I just wanted to apologize for my behavior the last time I saw you. I'm not apologizing for what I did but how I went about doing it. You deserved it, but I shouldn't have stooped to your level and disrespected the ones I love."

And with that, he left.

*************************

Lucas was nervous. He wanted this baby to be his more than anything in the world, but even if she wasn't he'd be there for Hallee and Santana.

He was at his place when Sabrina called him and told him to get to the hospital because Hallee was going into labor. He nearly shit himself. He raced through his apartment looking for his shirt and keys. He couldn't get there fast enough. He figured he'd get pulled over eventually for speeding and reckless driving, but that wouldn't stop him either. They would have to give him his ticket at the hospital.

So many thoughts raced through his head as he sped down the highway. He was upset because he hadn't been around as much as he used to be. Jeremy was always there. Jeremy and Hallee seemed to be getting along nicely. They would talk and laugh and play with Santana. Like a family. That hurt him.

Now, both Lucas and Jeremy sat in the waiting room nervously. Santana sat between the two. Lucas was upset. He figured he should be in there with her. Helping her. But she didn't want him in there. Neither him nor Jeremy. Instead Sabrina and Hallee's mom were with her.

Lucas still wanted to beat Jeremy's ass, but it was against his better judgment. Hallee would find out and surely hate him then.

He felt his heart beat through his chest and stood when he saw her doctor come through the doors. The doctor looked at both men.

"How is she?" Lucas looked past the older man to the doors.

"She's as fine as a woman who just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl is expected to be," he said smiling. Congratulations gentlemen."

"Can I go back there?" he asked quickly.

"Yes, you may."

Lucas looked back to see Jeremy looking over at him sadly. Fuck him.

"You go ahead, man. I'll sit out here with Santana," Jeremy said. "Just let me know when it's okay to go back there."

Lucas nodded and followed the doctor.

*************************

Lucas looked down at the little girl. She was so beautiful. She looked just like her mother. Her eyes were closed as she rested in Hallee's arms. Lucas smiled at Hallee and kissed the little girl's flushed cheek.

He looked up and saw an older woman standing in the corner. She had to be Hallee's mother, because they looked just alike too.

Sabrina cleared her throat. "Mama this is Lucas Joyner. We call him Luke. Luke, this is Hal's mother."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am," Lucas said taking the woman's hand into his own.

"It's nice to finally meet you too. It's good to be able to match a name with a face. I've heard a lot about you. Especially from my grandson."

"Yes, ma'am. He's a good kid."

"Yes, he is. Speaking of, I think he'll want to see his beautiful little sister."

Hallee's mother excused herself to go out into the waiting room.

Sabrina watched as Hallee and Lucas exchanged glances, and she felt awkward.

"I'm gonna go too," she said kissing Hal on the forehead. "Hal, I'll be back later. Call me if you need anything, which I doubt you will," she said playfully poking Lucas in the stomach.

"Okay," Hallee said softly.

Sabrina hugged Lucas and walked out.

"She's beautiful," Lucas said.

"Yes, she is."

"And little," he said placing the little girl's small hand in his.

"If you call 7 pounds 4 ounces little. She sure didn't feel little coming out," Hallee joked.

"I wish I could have been with you," Lucas said sadly.

Right then Santana came bursting through the door.

"Mommy!! I want to see her," he said excitedly.

"Not so loud, little man," Lucas said.

"Sorry. I wanna see Rex. Does she look like me?"

"Rex?" Lucas laughed softly.

"Her name's not Rex, sweetheart," Hallee corrected.

"Well what is it?" he asked.

"The doctor said it was okay if I came in," a voice said.

Lucas looked over and saw Jeremy entering the small room tentatively.

"This room isn't big enough for all of us, " Lucas said frustrated. He knew he had to share her though. He sadly kissed Hallee and the baby on the cheek, noogied Santana and quickly left the room.

************************* 2 years later

"Mommy, she's doing it again!" Santana shouted. Little sisters were so annoying.

"Just let her play with it, honey. She won't break it."

Hallee sat on the park bench, entertained as she watched her prince and princess play. Or more like watch her little princess terrorize her prince. She watched as the little girl plopped onto the grass and started to cry. Santana handed her the Transformer toy and helped her up. The little girl smiled up at her big brother, before carelessly wiping at her tear-stained face. She then took off running in the opposite direction, pigtails flying in the wind.

"Ma!!!" Santana cried. "If she breaks him, I'm gonna break her Barbie when we get home!"

The little girl stopped in her tracks.

"Not my Barbie," she said unbelievably. "Mommy, tell him not to hurt her."

"Can you guys play nicely for once? Baby, he's not going to touch Barbie. And Santana, she's not going to break Optimus Prime. Deal?"

The two kids shook their heads and went off. Time was flying by, and Hallee was watching her babies grow up before her eyes.

She was happy for once in her life. She had everything she ever wanted: an amazing family and supporters.

*************************

Hallee pulled up into her driveway and saw he was already home. She smiled.

She walked in and was greeted with a delicious aroma. A huge smile formed on her face.

"Dinner's almost ready, guys," he cajoled.

"Mmm. Esguetti," the little girl said excitedly, walking over to the dinner table and standing right in front of a hot plate. She was mesmerized by the steam that came from the mixture of pasta and noodles.

"No ma'am," Hallee scolded. "Santana, take your sister to the bathroom so you guys can wash up."

Santana jetted down the hall with his sister hot on his trail, begging him to slow down and wait for her.

Hallee walked over to the man who stood in front of her stove.

"How was your day, babe?" he said leaning over and placing a sweet kiss on her lips.

"Good. The kids and I went down to the park so they could play a bit."

"Well they wouldn't have to go to the park if we moved into a house...."

"Hey," she cut him off. "We talked about this already. I like it here for now. Maybe one day. One step at a time, mister."

"You're right, Hal," he said leaning over to kiss her again.

"Ooooh. Daddy kiss Mommy," a small voice said. "I want a kiss, Daddy," the little girl said, looking up into a pair of eyes that matched her own green ones.

"You do?" he asked. He turned off the eye and picked the little girl up, twirling her around placing sloppy kisses on her golden cheeks. The little girl squealed excitedly.

"Okay guys. I don't know about you two lovebirds, but Santana and I are starving," Hallee chimed.

"Oh I'm sorry. I got caught up in some sweet kisses," he said placing the little girl down onto her feet.

"I would give you kisses too, little man, but you're too much of a man," he joked with Santana.

Santana smiled up at him, and he bent down and kissed the boy on top of his head.

Hallee loved this. She watched as the little girl scampered to her place before lifting her up to sit in the chair.

"Mommy?" Santana said abruptly.

"Yes, baby?"

"I was thinking. A sister's not as fun as I thought. I want a dog so I can name him Rex. Sage messes with my stuff, and I can't walk her."

LilMami07
LilMami07
404 Followers
12