Battle-Hardened, War Weary Ch. 06

Story Info
Love is like the Phoenix.
18k words
4.64
20.1k
15

Part 5 of the 8 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 01/15/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MimiRose
MimiRose
451 Followers

Before the fog of slumber could disperse, Kali received flashbacks of the events that occurred on the previous night. There were images of their coupling and recollection of the sensations from those activities. She sighed as a blanket of heat wrapped itself around Kali. Her arousal clung to her body like a fragrance to a flower.

"Oh my God, what the hell is wrong with me?" she wondered loudly. Kali lifted her blankets off of her body to gaze down at her naked body. She stared at the mound that was her stomach. "What is wrong with your mommy?" Coincidentally, Kali felt fluttering inside of her stomach. She laughed, when the thought of her baby saying 'I don't know' entered her mind. She dropped the blanket and gazed at the ceiling. "I should've thrown his ass out as soon as he entered the house."

'But, if he didn't stay, then he wouldn't have had his outburst and you guys wouldn't have talked,' her conscience suggested.

"True, but I wouldn't have fucked him, if he wasn't here."

'True, but if you really think about it, which is more important to you: the reward or the regret?'

Kali groaned in irritation. Her conscience was correct. She thought that she should've been grateful for the event that occurred on the previous night. Ryan confessed to her that he wanted to change. He wanted to receive treatment and help for his anger and emotional issues. As she lied in her bed, she moved her left leg slightly and an ache burst inside of her pussy. She moaned in response. Another memory from last night entered her mind.

"Mmm, why do jerks have to be the best lovers?"

Kali lounged in her bed for an additional hour before she slipped out of her bed. Once she was out of her comfortable bed, she prepared for her day. She chose the outfit that she was going to wear for that day: a pair of blue maternity jeans, a pair of gold flats and a pink sweater that was adorned with gold-leaf embellishments. Afterward, she took a quick shower, where she was bombarded with memories of the moments she shared with Ryan. She had to scold herself to stop thinking about Ryan and his random acts of tenderness.

After her shower, Kali left the bathroom and entered the hallway. On her way to her bedroom, she made a stop at the middle bedroom. She stood in the doorway and peered into the bedroom. The bedroom was empty with the exception of a few cardboard boxes. This room was assigned to be Athena's bedroom. She bought her daughter's bedroom furniture, but nothing was arranged.

'Eventually, I'll get to it,' she thought as she gave the room one last glance.

Kali traveled to her bedroom and sat on the edge of the mattress. She stared at the wall that was across the room. The light brown-colored wall was devoid of decoration with the exception of a chair that was pressed against the wall. She stared at the wall and a memory was brought to the surface. Last night, Ryan had thought of a nifty idea of fucking her against the wall. She recalled how her body was alight with lust, arousal and pleasure. She remembered how his eyes bore into her with an unwavering glare while his thick cock plunged into her depths. Kali shuddered.

Her eyes drifted to the straight, high back chair that was pressed against the wall. She remembered Ryan carrying her and sitting on that chair while she straddled his thighs. In this angle, his cock was stored deeply into her warmth, where the tip of his cock touched at her cervix. He was caring while they fucked in this position. His thrusts were shallow and slow in pace. Kali surprised herself by cumming again with another case of ejaculation. Her thighs and his legs were drenched in her nectar.

Her hands ran across her floral-printed duvet as she recalled more of her previous night. After a brief interlude of the floor, where she experienced another orgasm, they continued on her bed. He placed her on the edge of the bed and fucked her with fast and deep thrusts. While she was on the cusp of her orgasm, she pleaded with Ryan to cum with her. She knew that he was prolonging his hardness. They ended up sharing their climaxes together.

Then, there was the incident with the marriage proposal. Ryan proposed to her. When he popped the question, she thought that she was dreaming. She was stunned. She couldn't speak at first. When she did spoke, she turned down his marriage proposal. She expected for Ryan to become angry and lash out. Instead, the smile disappeared off of his face and disappointment was etched on his face. He whispered a meek 'okay' and then carried her to the bathroom. He placed her in the bath tub and she cleaned herself. He left her alone for a few minutes and then he returned to the bathroom. They ended up sharing a bath.

When they returned to the bedroom, she learned that Ryan cleaned the room. He picked up the pile of clothes that was on the floor. He changed the bed's linen and the blankets. The fresh covers and blankets were pulled down to the foot of the bed. She was impressed with his resourcefulness. He instructed Kali to lie down on the bed. Then he gave her a massage and he used the body oil as the massage oil.

Ryan used his hands to rub out the knots and aches that lingered in her joints and muscles. She cooed and mewled in appreciation. Her arousal surged forward and her scent perfumed the atmosphere. She heard Ryan growl lustfully. She hoped that he was going to initiate another round. Instead, he continued to massage.

Kali ended up falling asleep during the act. She woke up at a certain point of the night to discover Ryan was not inside of the bedroom. There was folded piece of paper on the pillow that was lying next to her. She snatched the paper off of the pillow and read the letter. Written in calligraphy, Ryan let her know that he had gone home because he had to go work on the next day. He promised to call her. He left his contact information, including the addresses to his house and place of business. Knowing that he had gone home, without waking her up to let her know, made her feel disappointed. She lied back in her bed, with the note in her right hand and she thought about the night's events until her sleepiness had taken a hold of her again.

Now she was awake and was wondering what the hell is wrong with her mental state. She had consensual sex with the man that she hated. She tried to come up with a suitable reason as to why she had sex with him. She knew that she couldn't blame her diagnosed sexual problems because if that was the case, then she wouldn't have had sex with him. A few days ago, she hated Ryan Whittler. Hell, fifteen hours ago, she thought of him as a monster. Now, however, she believed that Ryan wasn't a monster, but as a human being. He was a flawed human being, just like her.

'Fuck, I need someone to talk to. I need to speak to Katrina.'

She needed to talk to Katrina, despite knowing how her best friend was going to feel. Katrina was the perfect person to speak to, at this moment. She was a great listener. The woman offered honest, unbiased opinions.

"Hello buddy!" Katrina greeted once the call was connected.

"Ryancameoverlastnightandhehadabreakdownandweendeduphavingsexlast night," Kali blurted into the phone. She wanted to come clean to Katrina. She knew that if she started her conversation with pleasantries, she would've chickened out with her plans of telling her best friend about the night before.

There was a three-second worth of silence before Kali heard a sigh.

"All I've heard was the word 'Ryan' and then the words 'last night'. Would you care to slow down and repeat yourself?" asked Katrina.

Kali let out a sigh. "Ryan had shown up to my house last night. He saw that I was pregnant. I think he already knew that I was pregnant before he had shown up. Anyway, we argued. He threatened me with the promise that he was going to take me to family court, for custody—

"Bullshit," stated Katrina into the phone. "What judge in their right mind would give him a child?"

"I know, right? I told him off—

"Oooh, what did you say to him?" asked an excited Katrina.

"Um, I called him an 'arrogant asshole'. I told him that he was 'irresponsible' and that he was a 'monster'. I told him that he was unfit to take care of Athena. Then, he told me that he was responsible person because he was getting married. I told him that I do not want his girlfriend around my daughter. Can you imagine what type of things that she would teach my daughter?"

"She'll probably teach her how to suck a dick while riding in the back of a limo—

Kali ends up bursting into laughter, in response.

'Great minds think alike,' she mentally concluded.

Once her laughter fit ended, she proceeded on with her testimony. "Katrina, he and I... Um, we proceeded on..." Kali sighed heavily. She mentally prepared herself to hear Katrina's impending, onslaught of chastising and expletives. "He and I..."

She heard Katrina sighed. "Kali, girl, you didn't do what I think you did?"

Kali winced. "I... did."

Katrina was quiet for a moment. "Why?" Her tone of voice displayed calmness.

Kali shrugged her shoulders and stared at the floor. She felt guilty and stupid. "I don't know, really. The only thing that I could go on is the fact that I was horny and he turned me on. He was massaging my neck and shoulders and you know how I've been feeling as of lately..." Then the memory of Ryan's emotional collapse popped into her head. "Oh," she shouted as she bounced once on her bed. "I have to tell you what happened before we had sex!"

"Mmm-hmm," she heard Katrina groaned with disbelief etched in her voice. "I know what you're doing, Miss Thang. I am going to allow it, just this one time. But we are going to talk about that other thing, in a minute. So, what happened before you guys had made the beast with the two backs?"

Kali giggled, due to the old school reference that her best friend had just used. There was a fluttering feeling in her stomach, so she rubbed at her belly. "Last night, Ryan flipped the hell out in the middle of my bedroom..." Kali proceeded to explain to her best friend about Ryan's outburst. She recollected the events from last night to her best friend. Kali would hear Katrina giggle every once in a while, as she told her friend about the event. "Katrina, please stop laughing."

"What?" she chuckled out. "You're funny, especially when you said that you kicked the shit out of him while he was kneeling on the floor and crying like the bitch that he is." She proceeded to laugh. Once her laughter ended, she asked, "Why in the hell did you sleep with him?"

'Damn Katrina and her quest for information!'

"I... I was horny," Kali answered.

"You could've just used your hand or a vibrator and if you didn't have one of those, you could've used a household appliance to satisfy your thirst."

"What?" Kali laughed at her friend. Then she began to ponder what kind of appliance would work. "What kind of appliances would...? You know what, never mind. By the way, you are a freak!"

"Hey missy, don't knock it until you've tried it!" warned Katrina, before laughing. "Now, back to my question: why did you sleep with him?"

"Because—

"Yes, I know! You were horny... But you could've masturbated after kicking him out of your house, Kay. Why did you sleep with him when you didn't have to? I mean, you still have your copy of the video, right?"

Kali turned her head to the right. She stared straight ahead at her dresser. She gazed at the façade of the drawer that was located in the upper left corner of the furniture. She knew the contents that were hidden in that drawer: her underwear, the Smith and Wesson 642 Revolver and the DVD that was the key to the end for her current trouble.

"Yup, I still have my copy," she informed her friend.

"Have you watched the tape yet to make sure that the DVD is the right one?"

"I've watched the first few minutes of the tape. I was starting to become uncomfortable, so I turned the DVD off. But, I know that it is the tape," she informed Katrina.

A few days into the month of March, Kali returned home from work to find a notice taped to her screen door. It was a notice from the United Postal Service. A UPS delivery man had shown up to her house to give her a package and she needed to sign for the item. Kali wasn't home, so the delivery man had left the notice. In the note, the package was sent to the master postal office and she needed to pick it up. She eventually found time, later in the week, to go to the post office and get her gift. She assumed that it was another gift from her grandmother. Instead of a box of baby clothes, she received a manila envelope.

As soon as she was home, Kali ripped open the package. She peered into the envelope and saw a CD case inside. Her mind had gone blank, her heart pounded against her rib cage and her legs had given out on her from shock. As she kneeled on the carpeted floor, she cried in rejoice. She whimpered her gratitude to God as she sobbed. She whispered her declaration of love to her unborn child.

She gathered her wits. She pulled the plastic case out of the envelope. A folded up piece of white paper had fallen out on the envelope. It had fallen to the floor. She placed the CD case on her knee and picked up the paper. She unfolded the paper.

'NAIL THE BASTARD!'

There wasn't a name or any other tell-tale signs, except she knew that Ryan wasn't the person who mailed the DVD to her. She read the note again and observed the handwriting. She knew that it wasn't Ryan who had written the note. The lettering was not poised and neat, like his handwriting. He knew that he was too vain and too much of a perfectionist to have piss-poor handwriting. 'Whoever sent me this...? God bless you,' she remembered saying to herself and to God.

"I can't believe that you cannot press charges against that asshole!" claimed Katrina.

"Thanks to the state of New York's statute of limitations," Kali muttered. She used to say that statement with a taste of bitterness on her tongue and a lack of respect for the law. But now, she sounded and felt nonchalant. "I was told, by a lawyer, that I could file a civil suit against Ryan and against Carlo, if I wanted to. I don't want anything of theirs—

"Except for Ryan's dick," joked Katrina.

Kali groaned in embarrassment. She buried her face in her hand.

"If it was up to me, I can have my dad hunt Ryan down and castrate him. Then you can play with his cock as much as you like," Katrina suggested.

Kali stood up and strolled over to her dresser. She chuckled. "I'm sure that you and your dad would enjoy that very much," stated Kali as she opened her underwear drawer.

"Yes, we certainly would."

"Speaking of your papa, Uncle Davis called me on Thursday. We had a nice conversation. He asked me about Ryan actually."

"He did, what my father told you?" said an interested Katrina.

"He wanted me to give him the name of my child's father. I'm sure that if I would've given him that information, Ryan would've been brought to my doorstep, bruised and bloodied. And your daddy would've been standing behind him with a shotgun aimed at his back," Kali joked. She heard Katrina laugh. "Speaking of shotgun weddings, Ryan asked me to marry him," she informed her friend.

Kali heard a loud gasp from her friend.

"He did—

"He proposed to me, last night" she informed her friend. She rubbed her belly.

"What... What did you say to him?" Katrina sounded concerned.

"I told him 'no' and he took it well, which surprised me."

There was silence.

"Katrina, are you okay? You're not yourself," stated Kali. "I was expecting to hear a whole bunch of curse words from you today. You're...quieter."

"Yeah, I am fine. I've just had a long day today and it is not even 1 PM yet," she answered.

Kali thought that her best friend sounded like she was fatigue. "Aw, how many patients have you seen so far?"

Katrina gave a mirthless chuckle. "So far, there have been eight patients and only three kids actually had appointments today—

Kali let out a hiss. "Oooh, it's been one of those days, huh?"

"Yes, it's been one of those days," laughed Katrina. "I cannot wait to go home and climb into my bed and just forget about this day."

"If your mom, dad and T.D. are going to allow that to happen," Kali joked. "You know how busy your family is; they're a bunch of Energizer Bunnies! Your mom is going to force you to go on errands with her—

"Oooh, you're right," Katrina groaned. "I promise the old lady that we were going out to Five Towns after I leave here, so we could go to BJ's."

"See, I told you" countered Kali. "Then, your dad is going to interrogate about when you're going to find a nice man to settle down with and get married..."

Katrina grunted, in response.

"... Then, T.D. is going to ask you the same thing," joked Kali.

"You're right about that one," agreed Katrina. "He's just like my daddy: a pain in the ass, when it comes to sticking their noses into my love life, except for T.D. acts like my protective older brother."

Both Katrina and Kali laughed.

"I say, you should be in bed before 1:00 AM tonight, unless... If one of your lazy ass sisters-in-law doesn't drop by the house and leaves their kids there for the night," Kali pointed out.

Kali heard Katrina let out a long groan of frustration. She laughs, in response.

****

Kali decided to cook, after having her phone call with Katrina. By the time the conversation had come to a close, she was feeling a hell of a lot better. Katrina helped Kali sort through the murky, swamp that was her emotions. Together, they were to decipher the goals that Kali wanted with her 'new and improving' relationship with Ryan.

Now, Kali was feeling better. She was in her kitchen and she was cooking herself dinner. It was 1:00 PM, which was an unusual time to start, but she was bored. For tonight, she chose to cook stuffed pork chops with a seasoned bread crumb-dried cranberries-green pepper-sausage stuffing. For the side dishes, she chose to grill some asparagus and make mashed potatoes with beef-flavored gravy. To satisfy her 'sweet tooth', she was baking a peach cobbler for the dessert.

'Oh, it's hot in here and I am thirsty,' she thought as she danced to the music that was playing from the kitchen's radio.

She strutted her way to the refrigerator and fetched a bottle of water from the large appliance. She stood in front of the metal door as she quenched her thirst. Her eyes stared at the random items that she had posted on the fridge's door. She stared at the random, colorful magnets that she collected over the years. Then, she gazed at the exhibition of photos that she taped to the door. There were photos of her grandparents, of herself throughout different stages of her life, pictures of Katrina, some of the photos were of juvenile Ryan and Daniel, several photos of her extended family members, old photos of her father and the plethora of sonogram pictures that was taken throughout the trimesters.

Her lavender eyes stared at the pictures of her unborn child and an idea flashed in her head. 'Sonogram... Ryan... Picture frame... Hallmark Store... Gift... Job... Lunch... It is too late to go now. Nope, it has to be for dinner...'

Once her idea is planned, Kali smiled.

****

"...profits. In conclusion..."

Ryan's eyes drifted away from the presenter that stood at the head of the conference table. His eyes focused on the face of his Tag Heuer watch. He read the time as being '4:48 PM'. He sighed.

'Thank God,' his brain muttered. He was pleased that this meeting was about to end.

Ryan Whittler was a reluctant guest in an executive board meeting. This one was an important meeting in which all of the executives and the 'power players' of the real estate company needed to attend. It was a meeting about the company's current financial state. The meeting's time span was four and a half hours long. When Penny notified him about the meeting's specifics on that morning, he physically cringed as a result. Then, he silently regretted that he didn't work a position of a lower-level employee.

MimiRose
MimiRose
451 Followers