Battles Bar and Grill

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Brookell
Brookell
551 Followers

The opening to the kitchen went in and it proved to be a smart idea. Business jumped in the early evenings because people were willing to come in for some light food as well as beer. Many stayed for the later entertainment, even though the kitchen closed at 11. Reets, and all the owner-employees, could see the revenue going up because Myn made sure they saw it. Reets thought it was funny, the employees dress improved a little and the clientele became less rowdy and more interested in a good time. The bouncers were pretty bored until later in the evening if someone had too much. Some of the bar-backs and busboys actually started volunteering to drive anyone who overindulged home, a service which started earning them a surprisingly loyal following.

The two other casual bars in the small town were feeling the pinch as she found out from talking to friends. The entertainment got better as more bands wanted to play at "Battles". Word had gotten out about the changes and they were seeing folks come across the state line! Sweeney's business also improved and while Reets didn't own a piece of that, she had access to the business reports which Derrick helped her learn how to read.

Things were going pretty well and Myn called a stockholders/employee meeting on Sunday afternoon and all but closed both places down for the afternoon, once the new after-church crowd came through for lunch at both places. 'Battles' wasn't overly busy from the church crowd, but Sweeney's was. The picnic was scheduled to follow the Church crowd and before the late afternoon baseball games came on. A small volunteer staff was working both places to keep the beer flowing, they would get a rundown and overtime for the day.

The park was packed; it was the first time so many had ever gotten together, ever! Families were invited and from the looks of things most of them came, Caryn and Rei included. Reets was a little nervous. It wasn't that she was in the closet, but with the succession of crap managers and owners, it wasn't something she ever advertised. Incredibly no one seemed to bat an eye. The folks glared more at Shirl's boyfriend than her girlfriend. Caryn teased her after a while, "I guess you being a closet carpet-muncher wasn't as big a deal as you thought?"

It was a relaxing time until Reets felt Caryn tense next to her. "Who is that?"

Reets looked up, "That's her, Myn."

"She's freaking gorgeous! No wonder . . ."

Whatever Caryn was going to say was lost as Myn came close to them. The professional Myn was a killer and the relaxed Myn was even more of a knockout. Her hair was down both literally and figuratively. She wore a form fitting white top under an open long sleeved white men's shirt, very tight jeans, and boat shoes with no socks. Next to her was another woman, a tall slim raven-haired beauty.

Reets was tongue-tied! "Hi, I'm Myn." She shook hands with Caryn. "And this is my spouse, Sally."

The tall woman grinned and shook hands with Reets and Caryn. "No, not legally in this state, but we have hope."

"Nice to meet you both, I'm Caryn seeing as how Reets seems to have lost the power of speech and this is Reina. Reets has said so much about you, but didn't tell me how beautiful you are. You both are a striking couple."

"Well with you at home, why would she notice me? And the two of you look amazing together!"

Reets still couldn't say anything. The sight of Caryn and Myn touching was too much. Maybe no one else saw any resemblance, but she would have sworn the two were related. Cousins, for sure, maybe even sisters!

"You're just being nice!"

Myn just smiled and said hi to Rei while Reets sat there not sure of anything. Rei was pretty shy, but warmed quickly to Sally.

Caryn smiled at them and shared an interesting look with Sally that neither Reets nor Myn noticed. She finished her comment from earlier as they wandered away. "No wonder you have been working so hard. She's dynamite!'

"She looks like you, Car."

"You think so?"

"Oh yea, like what you will look like in about 10 years."

"Only 10?" Caryn pouted.

Before the food was served and before anyone hit the beer to hard, Myn got up on a little platform and waved everyone in.

"OK folks, to be able to take this off the taxes; it's a business meeting, not a picnic. Remember that!"

Everyone laughed and she went on with a progress report. Reets sorta of tuned it out since she helped draft the report, she knew the particulars including the last surprise. Instead she concentrated on others and was impressed with what she saw. People were paying close attention, more than she would have expected. Being part-owners really made them invest in the company. That's when it dawned on her, it wasn't a just a bar anymore to anyone, it was a business and one in which each and every one of them had a personal stake. She tuned Myn back in because she was about to drop her surprise.

"And as a result, I wish to announce our first expansion. We are buying the three-story building across the street. When we get done with it, it's going to be renovated into two floors. The bottom floor will be a set of shops. The upper two floors will be converted to one floor with a high ceiling and we're going to use it as a conference center and banquet hall. I have a couple of friends looking to open a flower shop and a wedding planner looking for a new space so we already have commitments for two businesses for the downstairs and room for 4 more.

"Since this is a new business, both groups, Battles and Sweeney's will have an ownership stake based on your current percentages. With one caveat, I can't afford to front the renovation myself so I'll be turning over ownership after I re-coup the renovation costs, which will take over a year, possibly as many as three. I am bringing in one other investor to help, her name is Amy Stone. Her interest is strictly financial and recouping a percentage over what she fronts with me for the renovation. Her interest ends there. Of course the more business we get in, the faster recouping the costs will happen. Also both groups will be supporting the catering efforts in the banquet hall, so it means more hours for those who want it and possibly hiring more staff. Oh, I also have a commitment from both the City Council and the Chamber of Commerce to host at least one event there each year for the next three years. I also plan on marketing it at the military base; they are always looking for places to host parties, especially for the holidays. Renovation starts in 10 days."

The group had been applauding her after each announcement. They went wild over the new opportunity.

"One last thing, and then we can eat. I need a manager for the banquet hall and also to manage the business rental space. I am looking to hire from within and will only hire someone new if I can't find a good candidate from this team. The job is open to any current employees, full-timers, part-timers, and even employee owners. Any and all applicants will be considered. It's a full-time job with appropriate salary. If things go real well we'll also be putting a receptionist position. That one will be a new hire and perfect for someone right out of high school or in college looking for a flexible position. So think about that one for someone else.

"OK, enough business, let's eat!"

The gathering was a complete success. Off to one side Sally and Caryn ran into each other, seemingly by accident.

"I think we have a problem, Sally. Does Myn talk about Reets as much as Reets talks about Myn?"

"Not exactly talks, but I know there was someone there. The problem is Myn won't do anything with an employee, ever."

"Doesn't it bother you?"

"No, I know Myn. There is something in Rita that touches a special chord. I think you know it. You don't sound upset."

"Like you know Myn, I know Reets. You're right there is something there and it's really getting under Reets skin. But I know she loves me, she won't act on it no matter what she's feeling. She has this unreal integrity streak."

"So what do we do?"

"That, Sally, is the question.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Later that evening at Myn and Sally's apartment they were relaxing on the small balcony outside the bedroom, enjoying their favorite beverages.

"She's nice!" Sally said with a small smile.

"I . . . who?"

Sally laughed. "You know damned well who I meant"

Myn hung her head a bit. "Can't fool you a bit, can I?"

"I hope not. She is nice, and I liked her girlfriend and her daughter."

Myn looked up at Sally knowing how hard it was to admit that. "And now you know the crux of the problem, she's great and she works for me."

"Invite them over."

"Sally, that's like playing with fire."

"Like you don't like playing with fire, do I need to mention Ashley again?"

"Ash was different; she also didn't work for either of us!"

"Myn, love, you funded my gym and that means I sorta work for you."

"We went all over that. I have a financial interest, not a managerial one!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sally did a little detective work of her own and made a couple of decisions. One she lnew would annoy Myn and one that might piss her off.

Brookell
Brookell
551 Followers