Batwoman Begins Ch. 01

Story Info
Kate Kane learns who she really is. (OC - Ongoing)
1.8k words
4.14
5k
7
0

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 05/22/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
savismith
savismith
175 Followers

This is AU, not my usual cup of tea, and the original character is completely mine.

This will be more than one chapter and will obviously be as raunchy as the rest of my stuff. Hang in there.

Yes, Ruby Rose is the basis of this version of Kate Kane. Cause she's awesome. And hot.

*****

Jacob Kane looks up as his daughter enters the room, "Kate?" He rises and opens his arms, "What brings you here unannounced?"

"I think it's time," she replies. There is no hug, no smile, no look of adoration.

His smile is tense and he walks around the desk pretending his heart rate didn't increase. Without giving anything away he hits a tiny button on his belt buckle. With a resigned sigh, he leans against his desk and gestures, "I don't suppose you're willing to sit and talk about this, hm?"

A single shake of her head accompanies her answer, "Nope."

"Well, I hope you won't think me rude if I ask you to indulge me with a few moments of banter."

"Knock yourself out."

~~~

When her phone vibrates, the other Miss Kane in Gotham gasps before gritting her teeth, "Shit." Turning on her heel and bracing herself, she exits her office throwing a few words to her secretary, "I'll be back."

The car she recently climbed out of is still sitting at the front of Wayne Industries and she speaks a single word to her driver, "Jake's."

As the door closes behind her, she sends a confirmation reply to Jacob while mumbling, "Stall as long as you can."

~~~

His jaw clenches as he silently begs his cohort to hurry, "Will you at least sit and give me some kind of false sense of control?"

Kate arches an eyebrow and smiles sweetly - too sweetly for it to be genuine, "Sure, father." She approaches the desk chair he vacated and makes a grand to-do about claiming it for herself, "I think this one fits nicely."

"Now, Kate," he smirks, "we both know you're not here to take my job. You never wanted to run a business. Even your cousin new that." He turns to face her and crosses his arms over his chest, "If you had shown any interest at all in being a CEO, Bruce would have given you the helm upon his..."

"Disappearance?" she challenges. No one can really say where Bruce Wayne is, least of all his cousin and uncle.

"Death."

That same eyebrow arches again, "So you believe he's really dead, then?"

"I can't imagine another scenario where he'd go this long without contacting one of us. Or anyone for that matter. Can you?"

"Don't try to distract me." She leans forward with her elbows on the desk, "For my life to truly be mine, I have to know the options. I didn't get myself as straight as possible to have my choices made for me. I know what I want to do with my life but I also know nothing happens in this family without planning in advance." She sits back in the chair and almost purrs, "Am I early, late, or on time for this conversation?"

He studies her face, almost a painful spitting image of her mother, and carefully words his answer, "Your mother and I never sat down and planned your life, Katherine."

"Oh, I know mom wouldn't have done it. I'm talking about the master plan you and Bruce concocted. Tell me," she smiles, "did you at least let Beth and I come out of the womb first?"

The mention of Kate's twin sister almost causes Jake to break his stare. The only thing that keeps him composed is the fact that this is not a conversation he's meant to have with his daughter, "Every parent has hopes and dreams for their children. There's nothing wrong with imagining what your child will grow up to become."

"Don't waste my time with platitudes about hopes and dreams, dad. You know damn well there was a plan and I'm here to finally get you to not only admit that, but to tell me what that plan is. I'm grown now. Tell me what I'm supposed to be."

His back straightens when he feels a pair of eyes on his back. Delivered at last, he sighs, "I can't, Kate."

"Why not?" she challenges, "Or are you not part of the plan, either?" She slams her hand down on the desk, "Why in the hell won't you tell me what my future is supposed to look like? Why is there so damn much secrecy about who and what I'm supposed to be?"

The voice, familiar but not easily identified, comes from the darkest corner of the room behind her father, "Because you're not ready yet."

She strains to make out the figure in the dark and stands in case that would help, "Who the hell is that?" Jake takes this as his cue to leave. It was never a conversation he was meant to partake in and now, with all the parties in place, he's no longer needed. He nods as the passes the woman in the dark.

Even when she steps into the light, her beanie rides so low on her head that her eyes remain concealed, "You know me, Katherine. Though I doubt you remember."

A quick, cold, but fiery chill slides down Kate's spine as the newcomer tips her head up. Any and all moisture disappears from her mouth rendering the woman silent for a moment. She can't help the stare. The eyes facing her seem to burn straight through her body as she can only whisper, "Hayley?"

The blue eyes - far too blue to be natural and far to lovely to be ignored - blink, "I'm genuinely surprised you remember." Tipping her head back a little further, she allows those icy eyes to give Kate a once-over, "You certainly do look grown up," she allows the corner of her mouth to crook into a devilish smile.

Without warning, Kate's back straightens as her body goes up in inexplicable flames, "You look a lot different from the way I remember you." The woman is about her height, slightly heavier but in the best possible way, and her skin is a pale, almost painful white, "But damn," she remarks, "it's a change I can get behind." She leaves the comment laying for a heartbeat and then adds seductively, "I do so enjoy it from behind."

Her eyes are raging blue slits now as she fights a laugh. Once her voice is well under control, Hayley retorts, "That's hilarious. I remember a little gangly girl who almost pissed herself when she got kissed by a girl."

"Well," Kate loosens up now, flirting is something she's fluent in, "that was many, many, many kisses ago."

"Yes, your female conquests are numerous." Reaching up, she pulls her beanie off, revealing a haircut similar to Kate's short cropped hair. The difference, however, sucks the life out of the darker haired woman - Hayley's hair is stark white. She's quite a sight standing there with her white hair, ocean blue eyes, and creamy white skin. Feeling Kate's eyes covering her in almost visible hungry looks, she smiles, "Yes, we're almost complete opposites. Yin and Yang. Black and White."

"Good and Bad?"

"Right and Wrong."

"Good and Better?"

"Which one of those do you believe yourself to be?"

"Better, obviously," Kate moves to lean on the front of her father's desk. Holding her arms out and giving her best cocky grin, she remarks, "Don't tell me you think you've got more abilities than I do, Hayley. I mean, c'mon. Look at me."

"Oh," she smirks and takes a few steps closer while putting her beanie back on to block at least some of the heat coming off Kate's body, "I'm not saying you're not hot." She lets her eyes rake over the woman's body like a lover, "But that doesn't make you better than me." Whispering right beside the woman's ear, she watches the shiver response her words incite, "I can teach you more than that little kiss so many, many years ago. Don't think I didn't hear you whisper my name, baby."

Swallowing the very large lump on her throat, she almost literally pats herself on the back for replying, "When I asked for more, why didn't you obey?"

"Because I don't follow orders, darlin'." Her lips brush Kate's ear and she almost takes the woman when she hears a moan, "I give them."

"Like?"

Her breath tickles Kate's cheek as she answers, "Perhaps you'll get lucky one day. But don't push your luck, soldier."

"I doubt it would take much luck now, Hay."

Cursing the chills under her breath, she still manages to play along, "Oh yeah? You think I'd fall as fast as the ones before me?"

"Technically there were none before you."

"The ones since me, then?"

"No, I don't think you'd melt quite as quickly." Taking the lead now, she changes the subject slightly, "So you're the one they've tasked with telling me my future?"

Their faces are inches apart. Their countenances challenge the other to make the first move. And their hearts match each other in pace and pressure. As Kate bites her bottom lip, Hayley watches. Lifting her eyes from those red lips to the eyes boring a hole in the curve of her neck, she answers, "Something like that." Tipping her head to the side and taking a step back, she adds, "I like my women with a little more edge. You know," she says, pointing to the nose ring in her own nose, "piercings and tattoos are my thing."

Realizing the woman has made the mistake of showing what little she knows of Kate's past, she can't help peeling her jacket off, revealing the take top underneath. "Well then, Hay," she gestures, again, with her arms outstretched, "consider me right up your alley."

"God dammit," she breathes, looking hungrily at the dozens of visible tattoos on Kate's body. "I guess my information wasn't as thorough as I thought."

Feeling very satisfied with herself, Kate crosses her arms over her chest, "Don't feel bad. Of all the things I'd hold against you, this isn't one of them."

"And what, pray tell, would you hold against me?"

It's her turn to relish the upper hand by all but growling, "Any God damn thing you want if you'll tell me what I want to know."

"And that is.."

"What my family has groomed me to be. Who or what am I supposed to be?"

The moment she takes to answer is tense and yet, she is reveling in the tension. When she speaks, the response lands like a brick dropped from a distance to the floor of a cavern, "Batman. With boobs."

savismith
savismith
175 Followers