Be Careful Who You Marry

Story Info
All men are not the same.
8.9k words
3.97
85.8k
13
27
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I would like to thank dth7018 for doing a great job of editing this story and for his input on helping making it a better story thank you lots Don.

Hello; my name is Helen Croft. This is my story:

I had never even thought about ever writing a story about my life and the roads it has taken over the years. I never thought anyone would ever care to read about it, until I started reading erotic stories online. I started thinking, "Why not, it can't be any stranger than some I have read." What finally pushed me over the line to write my story was when I thought maybe it would help someone who was going through the same thing I had been through. I'm 35 years old, 5' 7", 130 lbs, 36-26-38, with straight, shoulder-length blonde hair and light blue eyes.

My husband, Corey, is 39, 5' 9", 180 lbs, brown eyes and sandy-colored hair. I met and married Corey right after he got out of college. I had just started, and soon after we married, I dropped out. He said he wanted me home raising our babies that we were going to have. He said that as soon as his career took off, we would be moving around until he had gotten enough rank in the company that we could settle down. Then, if I still wanted to go back to college, I could; that is, if our kids were all in school.

He kept telling me this every time I mentioned going back to college, and we hadn't even had any kids yet. So that gave me a little something to look forward to, further down the road; way down the road. Well, Corey was right; it wasn't long until we had to move. The company was transferring him to Southern California.

We packed everything up and moved to California, away from all of our friends and family. We rented an apartment and soon settled in. Shortly after, we learned I was pregnant with our first baby. Corey was ecstatic when I told him that night after work. He asked me what we were going to have. I laughed, saying it's too soon to tell, but as soon as I found out he would be the second one to know. Without thinking, he said, "Who's going to be first?"

I said, "Me, dummy!" We both had a good laugh. He took me onto his lap where we hugged and kissed until he said he was hungry. We broke for dinner, and that night we made beautiful love.

It was the third month, when I found out for positive that we were going to have a baby girl in our family. That night, I fixed a special dinner for Corey. He knew I was going to the doctor that day and would find out for sure what we were having. As soon as he came in he took me in his arms and said, "Well?"

I looked at him and said, "Well what?".

"What do you mean what? You know very well what I want to know."

Laughing, I said, "You're going to be the proud father of a baby girl." I watched as the smile all but left his lips, then picked back up.

"Wow, that's great honey!", then his arms left me and he headed for the kitchen to get a beer asking, "What's for dinner?" I somehow felt he wasn't all that happy about finding out we were having a girl.

That night there was no beautiful loving like the night I told him I was pregnant. In fact, as time went on and I became more pregnant, Corey wouldn't even touch me. Then it started getting later and later before he would get home after work, and I could tell he had been drinking,

One night, when I asked him about it, he said, "Don't you worry your fat ass about it. It's no big deal." He said had stopped with some people from work, "That's all." He just needed some time for himself.

I said, "What about me Corey, don't you think I need time out once in a while? I'm pregnant, not dead you know. You haven't touched me in over five months; don't you think I still need you? I need you as much as I ever did, and I have you to thank for my ass being fat." Crying, I ran into the bedroom, slamming the door behind me.

I couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. Before I got pregnant, all he talked about was having kids. Now he won't even talk to me, let alone make love to me. Things were pretty cool, and not in a good way, around our house for a while after that night.

About three weeks later, he came in after being out drinking with his friends and took me in his arms and said he was sorry for the way he had been acting and for what he had said about me being fat. That night we made love for the first time in six months.

Afterwards, as we lay there, he said, "Damn honey, you sure felt loose tonight. I sure hope you don't stay that way after the kid is born." I couldn't believe he had said that to me. He had never talked to me like that.

Our baby was now referred to as the kid, and I had apparently grown to loose to satisfy him. I got up and spent the night on the sofa. He never even asked why I had slept there. That had to have been the most miserable night in my life. A sofa is not a good place to sleep when you're over eight months along.

A couple of days later, I was getting our dirty clothes out of the hamper to wash, and was going through the pockets of the pants Corey had worn the night he came home and we had made love. I found a slip of paper with a phone number on it.

I don't have any idea what made me smell it, but when I did, I could smell the very faint smell of perfume. I sat down and started crying. Why? Why? Had he stopped loving me just because I was going to have a baby? I was so heart broken, I couldn't finish washing clothes that day.

I didn't sleep on the sofa that night, but I slept as far away from Corey as I could get in our bed. As I started washing clothes the next day, I was thinking about the slip of paper I had found, "Was it a woman's phone number? How would I be able to find out?" I finally decided that maybe the best way was to call the number; but what if a woman answered? I could ask if Corey was there, and if she said no, I could say I was sorry, I must have gotten the wrong number. Five minutes later I was dialing the number. I started shaking as I heard it ring.

"Hello"

"Oh hello," I said, "is Corey there?"

"Ah, no, who is this?"

"I'm sorry, I must have gotten the wrong number, bye.", and hung up. I now knew it was a woman's number. That must be the reason our sex life went from four times a week to once in six months. I was too fat and ugly with his baby for him to even hold me and tell me he loved me. My eyes were red and swollen from crying by the time I finished washing clothes. I thought, "I'd be damned if I'll hang them up for him, he has a woman who isn't pregnant, have her do it."

I fixed dinner and ate before Corey got home. He was later getting home than most nights, so I figured he and his slut must have gotten together.

I fixed a plate for him and left it on the table and put the rest away in the fridge.

When Corey got home, I could tell he had been drinking more than usual, and when he saw the plate with his dinner sitting on the table cold, he became really angry. Grabbing it up off the table he said, "God damn it, Helen, what the hell is this? Do you really expect me to eat this crap after working all day for Christ sake?", and threw it at the garbage, missing it completely.

I jumped up from the sofa screaming and crying, "If you got home at a decent time, you wouldn't have a cold dinner; you could have dinner with me like we used to do."

"Well Helen, if you think I'm going to get off work and run right home to have dinner with a whale, you're mistaken."

"AAAghghgh! God damn you, Corey, why don't you just go live with your slut." I screamed, as I ran back to the bedroom slamming the door.

He came and tried the knob, "Open the door Helen."

"Go away! Go to your whore's place. See if you can turn her into a whale like you did me."

"What the hell are you talking about Helen? I don't have a whore to go to."

"Oh, well what do you call her; your other wife?"

"What are you talking about? I don't have any other woman."

"I'm talking about the woman who gave you her phone number; the one I found in your pants pocket yesterday; that's the woman I'm talking about."

"Damn it, Helen! That's not a woman's number; he's a potential customer I met. He gave me his number and I need it back. Do you still have it? I need to call him, okay?"

"Don't lie to me on top of everything else! It's a woman's number, because I called her today and asked for you. She told me you weren't there, she didn't say there was no Corey living there, or at this number, which most people do." He left that night and didn't come home. I expect he stayed at her place.

Around ten o'clock the next morning, I was walking through the living room when I felt a sharp pain stab me in the stomach, causing me to fall to the floor. As soon as I hit the floor, I felt a gush of something wet between my legs and I knew my water had broken, and I was going to have my baby by myself if I didn't get help right away. I called Corey's work. I'm sure it was the same voice that answered the phone the day before. I said," I need to talk to Corey; hurry!"

She said "He's out for a while. I'll tell him you called and hung up."

"Bitch!" I screamed into the dead phone. I hung up and dialed 911. When it was answered, I said, "Please help me! I'm having a baby!"

I did have the baby at home, but I wasn't alone, thank God.

By the time the ambulance arrived, which didn't take all that long, it was too late to move me. I had the baby, then they loaded me up and took me to the hospital.

Corey came up at lunch time. He said he had just found out that I was in the hospital having the baby. He had been out with customers. He did bring a bouquet of flowers and said he was sorry for acting the way he had last night, and promised it would never happen again. I forgave him and we kissed. They brought our baby in so he could hold her, and I could feed her. He watched me feed the baby as she suckled my breasts. He seemed to be very happy now.

It was five months later that I became pregnant with our second child. Once again Corey seemed very happy saying he bet this time it would be a boy. By the time the third month rolled around they were positive I was going to have another girl.

That night when Corey came home, I told him that we were going to have another little girl in the house. I could see the disappointment on his face. I said, "I'm sorry sweetheart. I know how you had your heart set on having a boy, but we don't really have a say in the matter."

He said, "It didn't really matter, as long as the baby was healthy."

I agreed saying, "We are truly blessed by being able to have children at all. So many people seem to have to adopt these days."

It wasn't long until we stopped having sex once again. I tried talking to Corey, but he didn't really want to talk about it; playing it off as he was working too hard and was tired all the time. Then came the night he told me he had joined a men's bowling league, and would be bowling on Friday nights.

"So that means I sit here alone, except for the baby. You could look after her a night a week, so I could get once in awhile. Maybe I should join a woman's group of some kind; just something to do besides sit here alone again."

"Yea, like what? Do they have a pregnant women's club that sits around all day, comparing notes and complaining about how they're being mistreated by there mean old husbands; that just want a little time out to enjoy themselves after busting there ass, trying to take care of these poor pregnant wives?"

"Compare notes on what, Corey?"

"Oh hell; I don't know; maybe how to keep from getting knocked up and turning into instant bitches. That would be a good start."

"Well, maybe we could sit around and compare notes about how long it takes before a husband starts fooling around once he has his wife pregnant."

I got up and went into the baby's room and picked her up and held her. I loved her so much; I just wanted to hold and love her as much as I could until I got so big I couldn't. By now, I had a feeling a lot of the bad things that happened when I was pregnant with her, were about to start again.

By the time I was five months pregnant, Corey had started coming home half drunk after work again. Friday nights after bowling, he was really bad. I just started staying away from him on those nights.

It was one of those nights that he called and said he was going to be out late and not to wait up for him.

I said, "Who is she, Corey?"

He hung up without answering. It was around three-thirty in the morning when he came in and crashed on the bed, waking me up. I didn't really want a confrontation with him, so I waited until I heard him start to snore. Then I got out of bed to go the bathroom. I could smell the perfume; I knew what he had been doing.

I made up my mind that night that I would never have another baby. I would have my tubes tied and that would take care of that problem. Little did I know that my problems had just begun.

It was a Friday night. I was once again home alone. It was close to midnight when I was awakened by people laughing and talking loudly. I got out of bed and looked across the parking area of the apartment complex to see what was going on. I saw Corey going into one of the apartments with some dark haired skinny woman.

It was too dark and to far away to see what she looked like, but I was pretty sure it was the woman who lived in that apartment, as I had seen a woman that looked similar in stature to this woman. I saw Corey look towards our apartment, but I had left the lights off. He apparently thought I was in bed sleeping, or didn't really care if I saw him or not. He turned back around put his arm around her and went inside.

When he got home around four in the morning, I was sitting at the table. He was still drunk. I said, "Did you have a nice time?"

He said, "What the hell are you doing up, checking up on me?"

"No, I couldn't sleep for all the noise that was going on across the way. The slut that lives over there must be running a whore house; there's men going in and out of there all the time."

"That's bullshit, and you know it Helen! You're just jealous you can't be out having fun like her, 'cause you're pregnant all the time."

I said, "What's the matter Corey, don't you like the thought of getting sloppy seconds from your girl friend?"

I never saw the slap coming. The next thing I knew, I was on the floor and Corey was pulling me up by my hair and slapping me again. I started screaming, but I couldn't hear any sound coming out. I came to and Corey was holding me, saying, "God damn it, Helen! Why did you make me do this to you? It's all your fault, you've got to learn to shut up."

I closed my eyes. My head was hurting so bad I felt sick to my stomach. I knew now, how bad things had gotten.

Corey kept on doing like he had been until the baby was born. He did manage to get away long enough to come to the hospital, while the baby was being born. He must have been just too excited this time to bring flowers.

The verbal abuse became almost unbearable: the dirty name calling and the nasty references to my being pregnant and fat, along with physical abuse if I talked back to him.

I had spoken to the doctor telling him I wanted my tubes tied; that two children were all I wanted. He told me he would like to have a consultation with me and my husband. I told him I would talk with him about it and let him know. I didn't dare take a chance that Corey might find out I had asked to have my tubes tied, so I didn't say anything to Corey. I was afraid of what he might do to me.

Things didn't get any better at home after this baby was born. I was sure Corey was cheating on me, but by now I had pretty much accepted it. Being in my position with one tiny baby and the other barely over a year old I was pretty much stuck. I had no formal education and no real work history to fall back on. What else could I do but put up with Cory? Other than him being the father of my babies, I had no other feelings for him any longer.

It was seven months later after staying out all night that he said he wanted a divorce. He had fallen in love with someone else. He said he would pay me child support, but I would have to find a job to support myself; that he wasn't about to pay so I could sit on my ass and do nothing while he worked his ass off. As he sat talking to me, I actually felt relieved; maybe now it would finally be over.

I asked him how he expected me to do that, having two babies to care for. By the time I payed for day care or a baby sitter, I wouldn't have enough to live on myself. He said maybe I could move back home and have my mom help me out. I told him I may have to, not wanting to piss him off again. But if he thought he was just going to walk away from his family for someone else to take care of, he was badly mistaken. I had suffered through all of his bullshit with having two babies, but it was about to end.

I went to social services and explained to them what he was planning on doing and they said they would furnish me with counsel since I wasn't able to afford an attorney, unless I wanted to try and reconcile with my husband. I told them I figured I had suffered enough as it was and just wanted it to end. I called Corey and told him to go ahead and file, I would not fight the divorce. I was served in a matter of a few days.

Sixty days later we were in court. To Corey's surprise, I wasn't alone, and I wasn't accepting his offers. By the time the judge heard about everything that had gone on, and the only reason Corey wanted a divorce was so he could marry some woman barely nineteen years old, the judge ordered him to pay seven hundred dollars a month to the girl's; three hundred and fifty dollars each, for child support until they reached the age of eighteen, and a thousand dollars a month alimony to me until I could get a degree and find a job that payed well enough to sustain my lifestyle, such as it was. I looked over at Corey and he looked like he was in shock. The judge had split his income in half and gave it to me.

The judge then asked Corey if he had anything he would like to add. Corey stood up saying, "Your honor she lied to me, when I told her I wanted a divorce she agreed not to fight me, now she comes into court and takes half my income."

The judge looked at me and said, "Did you agree not to fight the divorce?"

"Yes your honor I did. I'm not fighting the divorce, he can have it. I'm fighting him being able to abandon his family without any consequences." The judge said his rulings stood. This hearing was over.

I enrolled in college and was lucky enough to meet Sharon, a woman about my age who had enrolled in college and needed a place to live. She was willing to take care of the babies for me while I worked nights at a popular place called The Promised Land Bar and Dancing. I didn't know that during the week they had pole dancing, but also had western dancing on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.

I was almost off shift by the time the pole dancers started, so it didn't really bother me that much. After a couple of weeks I got so I would stay over and have a drink to unwind a little before going home to care for the babies. I would sit and talk to my boss, Charley, and watch the girls dance. Charley would kid me about getting into dancing; make some real money he would say. I would tell him I would run all of his customers out if they ever saw me dance.

He would laugh saying, "I doubt that a hell of a lot. Hell girl, I watch you waitress and your hot." Then we both laughed and I called him a pervert.

Things were going along pretty well: I was making a little money and college was getting a little easier as I started to get back into the studying groove. It's funny, you never think about having to learn how to study again. The girls were growing like weeds; Corey came and picked them up a few times, but the times grew farther apart as time went on until they all but stopped.