Beast

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She tried to take the candle sconce down but it was secured to the wall. She closed the door and looked around the foyer again. From this vantage point she could see a faint flickering glow from down a hallway to the right of the entrance. Being the only light, she walked toward it. Without the wool coat it was easier to walk but even wet the coat had provided some warmth. Now all she wore was a pair of men's trousers and shirt, a calf length skirt, corset, underclothes and a vest. The stitching on her shoes was all that held them together and her stockings were so thin she may as well have not worn any. The cold penetrated her wet clothes, raised goosebumps all over her body and made her nipples come to almost painful points. The only spot of warmth was the pendant nestled between her breasts. She crossed her arms and rubbed them through the worn cotton as she walked, trying to instill a little warmth back into them.

She finally reached the door at the end of the hall. She turned to her right and saw through the open door a room that could be described as cozy if it weren't so eerie. The room was as large as the entire downstairs of the home she'd shared with her father but even so it was small by the standards of the castle. There was a fire crackling away in a fireplace on the left side of the room. Though the fireplace was big enough to roast a bull, only the center held cheery flames. A pair of matching armchairs faced each other across a small round table in front of the fire. The table had a single place setting with the most tantalizing aromas coming from it. The only light was from the fireplace and a single votive candle on the table in a tall holder that looked like a miniature of the columns in the foyer, leaving the rest of the room in darkness. She was drawn forward by the smell of food. She had no idea how late it was and she had had no firewood this morning to cook her breakfast. She remembered that the last time she'd eaten had been the day before.

"Hello?" she called again. "Would anyone mind if I ate something?"

She got the oddest feeling that there was someone in the darkness of the room listening. It was unnerving but her stomach chose just then to let out an audible growl. She crossed to the armchair on the right and sat on the softest cushion she'd ever felt. She decided to go ahead and eat something since no one had told her no. There was a bowl of warm water and a towel to the side of the meal which she made use of to rinse the worst of the dirt off her hands. She lifted the silver cover off the dish in front of her revealing a clear soup in a shallow bowl that smelled deliciously of chicken. She picked up the spoon on the right and swirled it once in the soup, holding her nose over the bowl to enjoy the aroma before she lifted the first spoonful to her lips. It was the perfect temperature, just hot enough to be warming without scalding her tongue. She made quick work of the soup and was shaken when it lifted up, seemingly of its own accord, and floated away into the dark recesses of the room. She gripped the handles of the chair until her knuckles were white as she watched the lid from another dish lift itself off and her plate rise to accept slices of meat. The lid replaced itself and the process was repeated with two other dishes serving what she assumed were vegetables. Her plate settled in front of her once again. She took a few deep breaths to try to calm her heartbeat. She'd almost succeeded when a voice came out of the darkness of the room, startling her into jumping out of the chair.

"There are servants here," the voice said. It was soft, deep, and very masculine. "They are merely silent and invisible. Please sit and continue your meal. Nothing here will harm you."

"Who are you?" Lilly whispered in the direction the voice seemed to be coming from.

"I am the master of this castle," the voice said.

"May I see you?"

"Please, finish your supper first. I'll show you to your room afterward."

Lilly settled into the armchair once again, picked up the knife and fork, and proceeded to eat the most delicious meal she'd ever tasted. Not even before her father had lost his fortune had she had anything this good. There was even wine to accompany the meal though she couldn't have said what kind it was. She didn't linger. Now that her hunger was satisfied, her weariness made itself known. She stood once more to look into the darkness of the room.

"I've finished," she said rather awkwardly. "Will you let me see you now?"

"I must warn you, my appearance is rather...shocking I suppose. I will likely frighten you."

"I'll consider myself prepared."

She heard a sigh and watched as the Beast from her pendant seemed to materialize out of the gloom. As he stepped closer, she looked up into eyes that were a very human shade of blue-green. Her own eyes widened and she almost stumbled back into the chair but managed to remain standing.

"You were right," she said in a very quiet voice. "Your appearance is rather shocking."

"I'm surprised you don't run screaming out the door."

"You said nothing here would harm me. And it's cold and storming out. Besides," she hesitated to tell a stranger this, "I've nothing to go back for."

"No husband or children?"

"No."

"No family?"

"I do have some family but they've all but turned me out because I'm twenty-eight years old and I've never been married. They have expectations you see. And I don't live up to them."

"Ah. Well in that case perhaps you'd like to make your home here. I've been alone for quite some time and would enjoy companionship."

She hesitated again. While it was true her family didn't really want her, they were still her family. She stepped away from the armchair and just looked at the Beast. Almost absentmindedly she reached under the collar of her shirt and drew out the pendant on its chain.

"I found this in the woods a few months ago," she said. "Is it yours?"

"I left it on that tree in hopes that someone would be brave enough or even just curious enough to penetrate the forest to find out what it was. It's been there many years with a small enchantment on it to keep it from being blown away by a storm or growing into the tree."

"Would you like it back?"

"It's yours," he said. "Consider it a welcome gift. Come," he added when she swayed slightly with exhaustion. "I'll show you to your room."

He took the votive candle on its marble column and led the way back to the stone staircase. She followed him, leaning heavily on the carved wooden banister. She was so tired and the staircase seemed to go on forever.

"Would you permit me to assist you?" asked the Beast.

"I can manage fine, thanks," she said a little breathlessly.

"As you wish."

They finally got to the top of the stairs. The Beast measured his stride to match Lilly's shorter and slower one. He led her down the door lined corridor to the right, turning left at the end of it and stopping at the first door on the left. He pushed the handle down and the door swung inward. He stepped aside and gestured for her to enter. She did, stopping just over the threshold. She looked around at the elegant splendor of the chamber and suddenly felt as dirty and out of place as she must look.

"The servants have drawn you a bath," said the Beast. "There will be garments in the clothes press in the morning. Please feel free to wear anything that takes your fancy. Also feel free to explore the castle and grounds. This is your home now and I'd like you to be familiar and comfortable with it."

She turned to him and laid her hand very lightly on his forearm. "Thank you," she said, "for inviting me to make a home here. I doubt very much I'll be missed by my sisters." She squeezed his arm for a split second then dropped her hand. His shaggy fur had been so soft. If she'd kept her hand on him just a moment longer she wouldn't have been able to stop herself from running her fingers through it. He seemed nice enough but she didn't think he'd appreciate an almost total stranger stroking his fur. She glanced up at him, seeing his eyes flash briefly with something she couldn't define.

"I'll leave you now," he said. "There is another who shares the castle. He may not be as welcoming as I have been. I will to join you for supper."

"My name is Lilly," she said suddenly, realizing that she hadn't even told him her name.

"You may call me Beast," he said. "I have no other name."

"Good night, Beast," said Lilly.

"Good night Lilly," he said as he retreated into the hallway. She closed the door after him and turned to look at her room. There was an enormous bed on a raised platform centered on the right wall. It was made of wood so dark it appeared black. The curtains were a contrasting ivory color, matching the comforter. There was a window with a deep window seat on the far wall. Moonlight streamed through the many glass panes. To the left was a crackling fire in the fireplace and a tub in front of it big enough for her to sit comfortably in with her legs outstretched.

The lure of a hot bath made Lilly strip off her old shoes, worn socks, patched trousers and skirt, and thin shirt and underclothes. Her corset laced in the front making it easy to remove. Naked now, she stepped into the tub and sank into hot water up to her chin. A small cart rolled closer. She saw that it held all manner of fragranced soaps, oils, and salts. She felt the tie holding her long hair in a messy knot being taken out and a comb running gently through it, dislodging small twigs and the odd leaf. She was embarrassed now. She'd walked through this grand castle and eaten in the elegant dining hall looking like the lowliest of peasants.

The invisible servants combed and washed her hair then combed it more until it dried from the heat of the fire. A sponge and glass bottle of soap floated up off the little cart. The bottle tipped its contents onto the sponge which promptly lathered the soap and floated toward her. She held out a hand to take it but it started rubbing the lather on her arm. She decided to just lie back and accept the attention. A wave of exhaustion almost made her fall asleep right there in the bath. She stood and that seemed to be the signal for a silver pail to float towards her and slowly pour warm, clean water over her head and shoulders to rinse off the soap. She stepped over the side of the tub and stood on a soft mat as a towel wrapped itself around her. She could barely feel a pair of hands under the cloth rubbing her skin dry.

A nightgown drifted over to her. She raised her arms to accept it, feeling the decadent glide of pure silk slither over her skin as it settled around her hips. She looked down in surprise. The gown was barely long enough to brush the tops of her thighs. The sleeves were nothing more than ribbons that tied at each shoulder. The neckline was so low the entire top half of her breasts was exposed and the back was open to her waist. Two more ribbons crossed in the back to keep the gown from sliding off. It was pale yellow in color with equally pale pink roses scattered over it. The darkness of her nipples was clearly visible through the almost sheer silk. The air was cooler than the bath water, making her nipples peak sharply. She walked over and climbed the two steps to get into the enormous bed. The covers had been turned down and seemed to beckon her. She slid between satin sheets and was asleep almost as soon as her head touched the pillow.

She dreamed of running through the woods. Branches whipped her arms and tore at her dress. Briars and vines snagged her hair. Roots crossed the faint path she followed, tripping her. She finally fell, both in the dream and in reality. She woke in a heap on the floor, having fallen out of bed and down the steps. The sheet was tangled around her, pillows were scattered on the floor and the counterpane was half off the bed. She had a moment of confusion, not remembering where she was. She blinked as the events of the day before came back to her in a rush. She looked at the window and saw from the light that it was just past dawn. She knew she wouldn't be able to sleep any longer so she decided to try to find something to wear.

She managed to untangle herself from the bed sheets. The fire had been banked and the chill in the air caused her nipples to pebble into hard little buds and gooseflesh to skitter across her skin. She walked to the wardrobe, opened the doors and just gaped at the sight that greeted her. Gowns of every color and fabric practically exploded from the confines of the wardrobe as if they had been pushing at the doors from the inside. She stood for a moment and just looked at them. She'd always liked pretty things and these gowns were a feast for her eyes. She didn't know which one to choose so she decided to use the process of elimination.

"Since it's morning, I'll wear a light colored gown," she said aloud, thinking that the invisible servants might be listening. When about half the gowns in the wardrobe were lifted out to hang seemingly in mid air, she knew she'd guessed correctly.

"It's probably rather chilly in the castle and since I plan to look around some I'll need a warm gown. One made of wool perhaps." A little more than half the gowns that had been lifted out floated back into the wardrobe. "I think I'll wear green." All but four gowns floated back into the wardrobe. The ones that were left were varying shades of sea, mint, peridot, and a turquoise green that had a hint of blue. The gowns were all beautiful and similar enough in design that her biggest choice was color. After several minutes of just staring at them, she finally just closed her eyes, spun completely around twice and reached out to touch the nearest one. She opened her eyes to see that she'd chosen the sea green one. Though it had hints of blue like the turquoise one, it also had silver threads woven through it that would gleam and shimmer when she moved.

One of the drawers at the bottom of the wardrobe opened and a petticoat, chemise, corset, panties, and stockings were invisibly lifted out. The chemise was made of white silk so fine it was almost completely transparent. The corset, panties, and the tops of the stockings were the same sea green as the gown though they didn't have the silver threads. The legs of the stockings were the same sheer white silk as the chemise.

Lilly took off the yellow nightie and held her arms up for the chemise. Like the nightie, it was much shorter than she was used to, barely reaching her hips. It was very snug over her breasts though the lace-edged top only covered a scant inch of the skin above her nipples. The corset came next. When she lifted her breasts to settle them into the corset, she realized that it didn't cover her nipples completely at all. They rubbed in a most delicious way on the top of the corset. She felt the ties in the back tightening and her stomach being pulled in. She was a little surprised when it wasn't tightened as much as possible. She could breathe more easily than her old corset allowed. She moved to hold onto a chair for balance as she lifted her foot so the stocking could roll itself up her leg. She noticed that her breasts swayed and bounced much more easily and freely than in her old corset. The stockings slid up each leg in turn with the sensuous slide of silk. The garters on her corset attached themselves to the stockings as the panties and petticoat floated toward her. She took the panties out of the air and put them on herself. They were snug without being tight and were made of so little of the fine, transparent silk fabric that they were nothing more than a scrap covering her almost non existent nether hair and a thin strip nestling between her ass cheeks. She straightened and the petticoat lowered itself over her head to settle at her waist. It, too was silk, though of a much more dense weave than that of the chemise or stockings. She was glad of that. She was expecting the castle corridors to be cool and would appreciate the extra warmth.

The dress she'd chosen floated to her. She raised her arms and it dropped slowly into place. The wool was softer than any she'd ever felt making her think it must be lambs' wool. It wasn't scratchy at all. As it buttoned itself up the back she noticed how low the scooped neckline was. The lace of her chemise peeped over the top of the gown. If she took a deep breath, her nipples would do the same. She blushed a little but told herself that there were only two other people in the castle and she was unlikely to meet either of them.

The sleeves, while long and just snug enough to not get in the way during breakfast, were almost completely off her shoulders. A pair of sturdy silver shoes and a white fur cloak emerged from the press, the shoes settling directly in front of her and the cloak draping itself across one of the two chairs in front of the fireplace. As she stepped into the shoes and they laced themselves up, she watched the door to her room open and several silver, covered dishes float in to set themselves down on the table between the two fireplace chairs. Though invisible servants helping her get dressed and the dishes floating in by themselves unnerved her, Lilly was hungry and the delicious aromas rising from the table were irresistible. She walked the few steps to a chair, noticing that the clothes and shoes fit perfectly and her breasts jiggled and bounced slightly. Her nipples were rubbed and teased by the top edge of the corset, making them harden into tight little buds. The panties were so tiny and thin she almost felt she wasn't wearing any at all. Her clit was very large, about the size of a hazelnut, and the silk of her panties brushed against it deliciously.

She sat and ate a sumptuous meal of the creamiest farina, fluffiest eggs and almost greaseless sausage links she'd ever tasted. When she finished, she spoke to the room in general, knowing that the invisible servants were listening.

"I think that I'll eat breakfast before I get dressed in the mornings," she said. "Even though I'm always careful, I don't want to spill anything on any of those lovely gowns."

She felt odd talking to someone she couldn't see but trusted that they could indeed hear her. She stood as the silver dishes were whisked away through her door once more. She picked up the cloak from the other chair and took just a moment to slide her fingers through the white fur. She'd always loved the feel of fur against her skin and she knew, from taking pelts to town to sell for her brothers-in-law, that this was highest quality mink. She swirled it around her shoulders and tied the white silk ribbons at the neck. The lining was also satiny silk but the fur was used as trim all around the inside edges. She pulled the cloak closed and reveled in the feel of the fur on the tops of her breasts.

She left her room and decided to explore the floor her room was on first. She remembered that her room was at the beginning of a long corridor. She looked right and saw a long corridor. She turned left and saw another long corridor. She knew she'd turned left at the end of a corridor and that her room had been the first door on the left. She took a few steps to her right and saw the first corridor she'd walked down the night before. She seemed to remember a balcony around the top of the entrance hall. She thought that if she only made right turns, unless she came upon a dead end, it wouldn't be too difficult to find her way back to her room. All she'd have to do is count the turns and remember how many she'd made.

She set off. This corridor had very few doors lining it. She opened a few to see rooms of furniture draped in white sheets. Not every room had windows but those that did had the curtains tightly closed. When she reached the staircase that rose from the entranceway, she paused. There was indeed a balcony circling the enormous room but the hallway she was walking down continued in front of her and another hallway stretched into darkness to her right. She'd seen that the candles in the sconces on the walls lit themselves as she walked towards them and snuffed themselves out when she'd passed a few yards from them. The corridor to her right looked the most gloomy of her choices and for that reason alone she decided to choose it. She turned and started walking, opening a door now and then to see more rooms with ghostly furniture. Some were bedchambers, others could have been sitting rooms, still others were large enough and had enough sheet-draped furniture they could have been both.