Beast Unseen Ch. 04-07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So who are the flowers in your mothers prize garden, because I can tell that you are all beautiful," asked Queen Raz.

"You are being too kind, but I will tell you any way," joked Violet. Taking a sip of her tea, she started to explain to the queen that her oldest sister was Amaryllis and she and Amaryllis were rather close. Then came the first set of twins, who were currently visiting with a great Aunt for the winter. That set of flowers would be Delphinium and Delilah. After the twins was Jasmine. Jasmine was considering going into the Order of Priestess of Nilbog and was spending the winter at their temple helping with the holiday's festivities. The next sets of Twins are Laurel and Lily. They were also abroad and spending time with their late mothers family. I am afraid you already know the rest of us. I am after Laurel and Lily. My mother named me Violet because her violets bloomed beautifully while she was pregnant and she would call it a sign. Poppy and Petunia are the set of twins after me and then there is Zinnia. The last set of twins, Rose and Rosemary wore my mother out. She faded quickly after they were born. I only remember a little bit of her, because I was very young when she died," said Violet in confidence. The queen gave a little mental sigh, finally finding out that order of the princesses. The boldness of Zinnia had made her wonder if she was the oldest, but was relieve to find out she wasn't. The queen was also pleased that Violet was sweet, intelligent and didn't seem to have a malicious bone in her body. The rest of the tea was drank in easy companionship and soon they parted ways. Violet started feeling much better about the stay at the castle and the queen feeling like she had a much better insight as to what sort of princesses she was hosting. Queen Raz was rather amused that she didn't mention either of the princes as they jumped from topic to topic. It was almost like Violet didn't really care if she married one of the princes or not. That on some level made Queen Raz rather pleased, because it told her that Violet was not husband hunting just to have a husband.

Violet spent the rest of the day exploring the gardens of the castle. She was rather pleased at the variety of flowers in the garden and several of the nooks in the garden seemed to be perfect places to read a book. Occasionally she would see her sisters in the garden, one of the sets of twins were in the maze. She could hear them talking to each other and try to get out. Sitting on a bench next to a fragrant rose bush, she reclined back a little bit shutting her eyes and let the sun warm her face.

"Hello beautiful," said a voice. Violet snapped open her eyes to see who was talking. Ethan was towering over her and smiling his big while dazzling smile at her.

"Hello Ethan, I don't know if I properly introduced myself yesterday. My name is Violet. What are you doing in the garden," asked Violet a little bluntly. Frowning slightly, he replied, " Just taking in the fresh air, what are you doing in the garden?"

"Enjoying the solitude," said Violet.

"That was a little harsh. I am not a villain," said Ethan in a mock wounded voice.

"I never said you were a villain, I was just being honest, if you want me to lie to you, I could, but I am sure that it would leave you wonder what the real truth is," said Violet with a sigh.

"I am sorry to have interrupted you much desired solitude. I will leave you to your day," said Ethan, bowing slightly to her and walked out of the garden running into her sister Zinnia. Violet shook her head in wonder and reclined back and continued to enjoy the sun. The way that Violet saw it was that Ethan had his choice of six princesses to marry, and she didn't really have a choice in the matter. She wasn't going to get anything out the deal and if he did choose her as a bride she would eventually have to start being herself sometime, so she might as well start being it now.

****************************

Dearest Husband,

Only six of the eleven princesses arrived. It seems that five of them had other plans, which to be quiet honest is a relief. I am not sure what I would have done with eleven girls running around and I am pretty sure that Collin would find a way to make himself scarce if they all showed up. As it is Collin is in Glendrop doing some negotiations. It seems that a small skirmish from Genovia and Skirvania refugees have taken to rioting in the streets something about both factions trying to lay claim on a cargo ship that came in damaged. I have no idea when Collin will be back. Thankfully Ethan has been wonderful about entertaining all six princesses. I am trying to make it a point to get to know all of them a little better, so that the winter holiday can go smoother. I am trying to interview at least one of them a day during tea so that I can assess their character.

Today I talked with the oldest one out of our guests. Her name is Violet. I know that I much to apt at liking people in general, but I have such a good feeling about her. I can tell that the trip was rough on her and that she is a little out of sorts, but I can tell that she has such a good heart. I hope that she can hit it off with one of our boys. If all the girls are as sensible as Princess Violet, then I will be more then pleased to call any of them my daughter in law.

I hope that we can see you home by Christmas. I miss you so.

Be careful my love,

Love,

Raz

********************

Chapter Eleven

The next day at breakfast Ethan watched all of the princesses as the filled their plates full of eggs from the side buffet. Sipping his coffee he debated on what he wanted to do about Violet. It seemed that she knew something, because why else would she be so cold to him in the garden? He really hated to get his hands dirty, but this was something that he wasn't sure it would be wise to out source.

Once every one was seated, Ethan cleared his throat lightly to get every ones attention. All of the female eyes turned and looked at him. His mother arched on eyebrow questioningly.

"My sweet dear ladies, I was that I would have the honor to give you a private tour of some our lands more scenic view with a little horse back tour this afternoon. Would any of you be game for this?" asked Ethan. The Queen smiled back at him lovingly as most of the princesses around the table readily agreed to it. Soon those that had been on the fence about such an expedition were convinced in joining. That afternoon all six princesses would be following him in the woods and if he had his way, only five would be returning.

Excusing himself from the table to talk to the stable master, he started to whistle to himself. He was going to do his best to make sure that Violet came to a violent accidental end. It would not due to have loose end this early in the game, and he over hearing him with the Cleric was not a good move on her part, in fact he was pretty sure it was going to be a grave mistake for her.

It surprised Ethan a bit, when Clara stepped out of one of the stalls in the stable. He wasn't sure what she was doing there, but she seemed very interested in talking with him. Following Ethan to the tack room, she curtseyed when he shut the door.

"My dearest darling, what do I owe this pleasure of you company to?" said Ethan in a rolling smooth voice. He could see the twit of a maid knees begin to go weak.

"I over heard the set of young twins whispering to each other about how they are going to purposely get lost in the maze so that you will be forced to rescue them. Once they have you alone, the are going to try and seduce you," said Clara bluntly and then blushed brightly on the word seduce.

"I very much appreciate your warning. I wouldn't want to be ambushed and the certainly sounds like an ambush to me. I will be sure to have one of the footman look for them, because it would be just too much for me to do by myself," said Ethan with well-practiced false sincerity. Clara's face brightened with the praise causing her pinched face to open up and almost make her a beauty to be contended with.

"Any time, my lord," said Clara in a breathy voice. Ethan leaned forward and brushed his lips very gently against hers, causing her to blush feriously.

"I fear that I must cut our time short as much as it pains me, I have been recruited to give our dear royal guest a tour and I have to finish getting their noble steeds ready, but I am forever in your debt for warning me about the ambush," said Ethan as he opened the door to the tack room and walked towards the stalls again.

"I understand my lord," said Clara as she gave him a quick bob of a courtesy again and left the barn in a rush. If the princesses were going to be going for a ride, they would most likely need help getting into their riding habits, and that was Clara's job. Ethan watched her leave the stables in a rush and smiled to himself. He wasn't really worried about being trapped in a maze with to husband hungry princess. If anything he would send Collin in to find them if they decided to get lost by the time he came home. He would be highly amused to see their faces when Collin rounded the corner instead of himself. Keeping what he would assume their startled faced would look like in his mind, he instructed the stable master about the plans for the afternoon.

************************** 

My Dearest Husband,

I just had the most delightful time talking to Princess Poppy and Princess Petunia. They are very inquisitive and not at all what I expected twins to be like. Princess Poppy was very quiet and it seemed that Princess Petunia had an opinion on everything. I have a feeling that I will have no problem discerning if there is anything upsetting Princess Petunia, because she will most likely tell you before you get a chance to ask. As for Princess Poppy, it is hard to assess her personality. She seems to be in her twin's shadow a bit, but over all she seems to be a pleasant, but shy young girl. I have high hopes for her and Collin. I think that they would really click if he would give her a chance.

Ethan is doing well. He has offered to take the princesses on a sight seeing tour. I am so pleased that he is taking command of our guests. I had to hire a new maid to help with our guests. She is a bit young, but rather nice. If she does well, I think we should keep her.

I don't know when Collin is going to be home. It seems that there were some delays in Glendrop. He wouldn't' say what they were, but I know in my heart it must be something dreadful. He never wants me to worry about it, but I always do. Just as I worry about you. It was so sweet of you to send me that teacup. I miss having tea with you in the morning and talking with you about everything. I hope that we can take some time to get reacquainted when you get home. I miss you quite fiercely.

Please be careful my love,

Love,


Raz

*********************

Chapter Twelve

The woods were dark, with the sunlight filtering through at odd angles giving life to dust motes that hung in the air. Violet was trying not to let the unease show. Part of riding and being able to control your horse was to be able to control you own feelings. Her feelings of nervousness would make the horse skittish and more prone to do something unruly if she were to give way to her feelings. She like to horse back ride and she liked doing it in the country, but the horse she was one was not one that she was accustomed to and she had heard the stable boys whisper at each other about her bravery for riding a horse with such a fierce temper. Trying not to let the fear hurting herself make her do something stupid, she tried to pay attention to where they were riding. Her sister had moved ahead of her on the trail and Violet didn't' mind. They all seemed to be fluttering around Prince Ethan like a moth to a flame. So far Violet hadn't seen anything about Prince Ethan that made him a diamond. He was good looking, but he seemed to know it and it didn't seem like he really cared about any one or anything. Violet watched at he flirted with each sister and his banter always seemed to skip right over her. It was fine with her, she wasn't all that comfortable with the kind of banter he seemed to be prolific in. She watched him whisper words of praise into one twin's ear while he was coping a feel on the other one. His lack of propriety and feelings slowly made Violet cold to his warm advances, which was the other reason she had held back from the buoyant group. Glancing around the dense woods, she made note of the ivy that climbed the trees. They were beginning to turn lovely shades of red. The leaves on the trees showed in bright yellows and oranges of the season.

Violet loved all the color in the woods was amply distracted as a tree branch smacked into her face knocking her off of her horse. Her already temperamental steed reared back, screaming in surprise. The sudden blow to hear head caused her to slacken her grip and the reigns. Gravity being swift and unmerciful caused her to fall to the ground off of the horse. Pain shot through her body as the unforgiving ground and rocks on it dug into suddenly. The horses sharp hoofs jabbed in the air as a sign of defiance before the horse stormed off into the dark woods. The last thing she saw were her sisters hovering over her and Prince Ethan murmuring something before it all went dark to her.

*******************

My Dearest Husband,

The most horrible incident has happened to one of our beloved guests. It seems that Princess Violet was riding Thor, that temperamental stallion and she was thrown off and almost trampled to death. Ethan is unsure what spooked that stallion and honestly it could have been a squirrel with how temperamental that beast is. Miraculously Princess Violet does not have any broken bones, however there is some issue with her eyes. Some how she smacked a tree branch on her way off the horse and it smacked her in between the eyes. There are some horrible scratch marks and the apothecary has suggested that we have her eyes bandaged for a while, so that it doesn't cause undue strain. There is an issue that she could lose her sight. I feel absolutely horrible, even thought I know that it was not my fault.

In all the panic over Princess Violet, I have inadvertently gotten to know her sister, Princess Zinnia better. I am not sure I like her. One of the first things that she did once Princess Violet was stabilized was ask for her own room. She made it sound like she was doing a Princess Violet a favor and I was very tempted to put her with one her sisters, but there is something about the look in her eye that told me I would end up with a rat in my slipper if I did that. All the other sisters seems to be concerned about their sister, but none of them volunteered to help with her. I have had to hire two more maids, since the first maid, Clara is now going to be assigned to just care for Princess Violet.

I am trying my best to be strong during this adversity. Ethan has been some what subdued by this event and was rather quiet at dinner, but then again every one was quiet. I miss your strength. I have this horrible feeling that this is the beginning of something wicked that is going to happen. I will try to keep positive spirits and don't give up hope on those treaties. I know that you can do this. I love you dear husband.

Be careful my heart,

Love,

Raz 

*******************