Beautician and the Beast Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I need answers now!" Quentin knelt to her broken shivering frame then looked to Guy.

Guy just smirked as he said, "she came to me to do a scene. She told me you were okay with it.

Before Quentin could look back to Ana she was up and quickly hobbled over to Guy and spat in his face. "You fuckin' liar!" She turned back to Quentin with a shaky stance and cried as she explained, "He pretended to be you. By the time I figured it out he had me tied up," she paused to take another breath through a sob, "I said my safe word over ten times then he gagged me and...and..." Quentin turned as bile rose in his throat. He walked in on the rest and needed no further explanation.

Guy just acted as if she just spoke of making a pie for a church picnic and yawned. The anger that welled in Quentin exploded on his brother as he punched him in his jaw. He gathered his hand around his neck and wailed three more punches before Guy looked up with a bloody jeer. In a hoarse whisper he asked, "you gonna believe a whore like her over your own flesh and blood." Quentin loved his twin more than anything but the malicious evil that radiated from Guy set Quentin back with disgust. His brother had problems and as much as he tried, he knew he couldn't help him like all the other times. He carried Ana out and to a hospital and after, the police.

That was the last he saw of his brother. Even though it never went to trial, his parents almost disowned him while they actually did to his brother. Ana couldn't even stand the sight of him anymore as she said he was too much like his brother. His parents eventually retired early but he knew it was partly because of their shame in the community paired with his mother's anger towards her so-called friends. The years waned and eventually they all stopped talking about Guy. When he would bring it up his mother would either burst into tears or his father would just get up and leave the room. They wanted to forget him and on some levels so did he. It would have made life so much easier, but his loyalty couldn't let him give up on Guy. In the end it was still his brother, still his twin. Still his flesh and blood. He hated him for causing Ana to leave and for her pain but he still loved his brother. He just felt he needed a little help. He wanted to talk to Guy and find out why he did all the things he did. Ever since they were younger he seemed to give everyone a hard time. From his message it seemed like he was willing to finally except that help. If not he'd be prepared to tell him he wouldn't wait for his brother anymore. He wanted things to work with Lovie and that couldn't happen if he was still the same as back then. Quentin hoped to God he was ready to change. He'd find out soon enough.

"Quentin that's not funny!"

He shook his head and his brow tried to run to his nose because he wasn't laughing, "What?"

"You're just looking at me while I'm trying to talk to you," she whined, "I've been asking you if you wanted the pork for lo mein or just for a salad and mashed potatoes tonight and you act like I'm not even here."

"Gosh I'm sorry sweets, I've just been thinking about the business. Lo mein sounds terrific."

She sighed and took her knifed hand from her hip and diced the meat, "How's everything with the site."

He got up and came over to the island she worked at and slouched over it, "Not the same since you've been gone."

She eyed him coolly as she dumped the meat in a bowl and began her marinade, "Well soon you won't even notice because you won't be there either. Have you heard anything from Drew?" Quentin told her how Eli and he fired Drew on a third strike that involved poor performance but they could tell he knew better. He took the severance and walked out of the office with a door slam. Pretty good considering what could have went down.

"Nothing yet but Eli says we're in the clear. He says he really doesn't have a leg to stand on."

Lovie nodded in agreement. "How's that merger going?"

"Fine and I've talked to my guy who's over the gyms and made some arrangements to do some rounds with the most lucrative stores and find out what sets them apart from the others. It'll involve a little traveling."

Lovie looked up then, "For how long." Her brow scrunched but her eyes were as big as saucers. He couldn't help but smile then. He could read her mind just as well as she could his and she continued with a meek smirk, "it's just that we just started with the next level of our relationship and it sucks to know it has to stall for two weeks or more."

"No one says it has to stall. I actually need a photographer to take pictures of the layouts of the gyms...soooo got any good recommendations?" The thought of spending two weeks on the road with each other made them both heat with excitement in every sense of the term.

Her smile turned cocky, "I heard of a certain new photographer with a buzz around town. I hear she's not half bad."

~*~*

Quentin thanked his waitress as she took his order for a second Scotch. Guy was 30 minutes late but that was expected, Quentin sucked down the last of his original order and checked his watch again. He wasn't so much nervous as he was anxious and so this was the reason for his second drink. It didn't help any because when the hairs stood on the back of his neck, he knew his brother was close by. He was just about to turn to see how far away but Guy's large palm slapped on his shoulder, "little brother."

Quentin obeyed the subtle command to remain forward and gritted his teeth at the greeting. "Only by eight," Quentin stopped before he said 'minutes' then cleared his throat as Guy took a seat. He was a bit embarrassed and peeved that his brother still invoked such juvenile and inconsequential semantics from when they were children. He looked to his brother; forever still a badass with his black short-sleeved shirt and black jeans. With his hair much longer than his and a five o'clock shadow, it would be the only things to set them apart. Otherwise it would have been very hard to tell. "How have you been," even though it was Quentin's attempt of ice breaking cordially, his voice was still tight.

Guy's smug smile didn't help matters. It was the same smile he gave when Quentin beat the shit out of him. "Can't complain." His simple answer made Quentin squirm and Guy's sneer grew. When the waitress brought back Quentin's drink, Guy ordered a glass of wine.

The waitress was obviously attracted to both men so her nervousness took over as she spoke, "I'm sorry but we're out of that bottle."

Guy's intense gaze turned from his brother and to the frail server, "I saw the bottle on display at the bar when I walked in."

"It's a display..." she fidgeted from one foot to the other and her already red complexion took on a bloody hue.

"Then go ahead and charge me for the whole bottle and get another display." His tone dared her to dispute him.

Quentin wanted to put the poor girl out of her misery. "Ma'am, he'll be perfectly happy with the next best glass you have."

She tried to turn away but Guy held her with his comment, "he doesn't speak for me. Now do as I say...get me my wine." The waitress swallowed a lump and excused herself.

"Always have to bully someone to get what you want." Quentin looked to the bottom of his glass as he talked.

"I just don't take 'no' for an answer, there's a difference Q. Besides," he waited as the waitress brought his wine with a shaky hand while Quentin had to thank her for her trouble, "it's not like you're not going to leave her a big tip to make up for it. You love cleaning up my messes...except for the last time."

It wasn't that he was right but it was more because Guy didn't get it. With a low crescendo whisper to a heated hiss Quentin leaned in, "that's because what you did was inexcusable!" He fumed a breath from his lungs and looked around the establishment. He continued when the patrons continued with their lunches, "Look I didn't come here to fight. I want to help you." Guy's brows lifted then he nodded with a mocking air. "I'm serious Guy. You're my brother and I love you despite your unpleasant ways. I want you home, hell, mom and dad want you home."

Guy snorted, "Let's not Q. Let's not go through this crybaby, 'holier than thou' routine that acclimates me back into your life. And certainly don't talk about mom and dad because I'm pretty sure I'm the furthest from their minds." The end of his statement came out cold and hard. "I don't want your help, I just came here to get your goons that follow me off my back. You haven't been my brother in over ten years, there's no way in hell I'm going to act like nothing's changed."

"Why wouldn't you want to mend this? Why wouldn't you want to be apart of our family again?"

"Because none of you ever wanted me anyway!" Guy's yell made everyone look but unlike his brother he didn't care. He lowered his voice though at Quentin's behest, "All our lives mom and dad favored you over me. Not a big deal, it made me stronger in spite of it but now to pretend like my whole life hasn't been in your shadow negates everything I stand for now."

Quentin couldn't even look at his brother as he spoke. Deep down he knew Guy was right; his parents did favor him. He was the best at everything, while Guy just coasted by. Guy pulled back from the family with each year of their adolescence and their parents seemed to mind less and less. They didn't even bat an eye after high school graduation when Guy announced he wasn't going to college. They even joked about how they didn't have to worry with two tuitions. Quentin couldn't miss the spark of hate and pain in his brother's eyes. "I know they seem like they don't care but..."

"But nothing. Just continue being their golden boy savior and report back to them that I'm dead. That's what they are to me in my eyes anyway."

"What about you and me?"

"What about us?"

"I didn't treat you like that." Quentin left the comment in the air. He knew Guy wouldn't deny that. Quentin constantly tried to keep his brother close to the family to no avail to either side. Yet it never stopped him from making an effort.

"Yeah I suppose you didn't but at the same time it was only to make yourself look so good against the 'evil twin'." Guy knocked back the rest of his wine and leaned back in his chair. He snapped rudely for their waitress and told her to leave the bottle. He was no longer the smug bastard but more of a petulant child that brooded over not getting his bike for his birthday. "Shit, even you turned on me once pussy got involved."

"Is that was you think?" Quentin's voice was beyond incredulous, he was flabbergasted. "What you did was...was..."

"Was of no importance then and it certainly isn't now. I've see your new one and I can say that you've definitely progressed and upgraded." The arrogant jerk was back with vengeance as he steepled his hands then he moved to the table while Quentin's jaw clicked and he set his glare ablaze. Guy just continued and poked, "Mmm mmm and what a upgrade she is huh? That beautiful light mocha skin caressing that curvy frame, long hair I know you love to pull when you're taking her from behind. Oh god and that ass..." He closed his eyes and shook his head as if he knew first hand.

Quentin flew across the table and grabbed Guy by the shirt collar, "You stay the fuck away Lovie."

"So that's her name? Short for anything? Maybe I can ask her myself."

Quentin let go with a shove, "fine, I'll call off the P.I."

"That's not enough."

Quentin looked like he wanted to yell again but he just narrowed his eyes, "What do you want?"

"I want mom and dad's estate in Connecticut, three million in a Swiss account, and three million in a Virgin Islands account." Quentin should have been surprised but extortion from his brother seemed to be the next probable thing that he could do. Quentin just shook his head as Guy asked, "Is she worth it?"

Quentin finished his scotch and stood, "It's chicken feed to keep a lowly dog like you away from her." With that he walked to the front and gave the hostess a couple of bills for the drinks and the waitress, fully aware that Guy had no intention to pay then left the restaurant without a look back. Any positive feelings he held for his brother he felt slipping away with each step but a dark sadness ate at his insides. He wanted his brother in his life still but not at the expense of his own happiness. He would no longer wallow with Guy in his bane of existence all because he had a severe case of 'mommy and daddy don't love me' syndrome. Knowing now that Guy all but threatened Lovie with bodily harm he quickly went to his phone to call her. He gnashed his teeth as the third ring sounded in his ear. Something in his gut said that Guy was up to something so he had to check on her.

"Hey baby!" Her voice, although out of breath, instantly calmed his racing pulse.

"Lovie...are you okay." He tried to keep his voice relaxed but it didn't work.

Luckily, she didn't even notice as she laughed, "Yeah, I was invited to the reception and the food is fabulous! Oh just a minute sweetie," Lovie obviously directed the statement to someone else on her side and Quentin went on alert again as he stopped at his car.

"Who are you talking to?"

"Oh I danced with one of the little junior groomsmen and now the ring bearer wants a dance too." Her voice was filled with so much merriment that he decided to wait until she got home to warn her of his brother.

Better yet, "Sweetie, are you about ready to go?"

"Um, I guess. My job is finished and I didn't want to be rude to everyone but I guess I've had my fill of wedding cake." She started to catch the uneasiness in his voice.

"Okay, tell me where you are and I'll come pick you up." He didn't leave room for discussion so she just told him the address and before she could ask if he was okay he continued, "Stay there Lovie, you hear me? I'll see you soon and I love you." He hung up before she could reciprocate out of haste. He jumped in his car and punched in the first three numbers in his GPS but the stench of something strong yet sweet smelling caught him. He looked up in time to make out a blonde figure before it shoved a cloth over his face...then everything went black.

Chapter Fifteen

Cindy carefully leapt from the back of Quentin's car. Thankfully no one saw her but now was the time for the most delicacy. She had to get Guy to see that her plan was better; her only insurance was in that he had no choice. She carefully walked to the large glass of the restaurant and caught sight of Guy. She tapped on the window until he looked up. He quickly went upright and looked around the restaurant. He dashed outside and jerked her to the parking lot. "Are you out of your mind! What are you doing here?"

"We have to change the plan to tonight."

"What?"

"Drew is leaving for L.A. tomorrow morning. His alibi will be locked tight if we don't move tonight." She watched his eyes as she darted back and forth and he dragged his hand through his hair.

"You couldn't call? You better be glad Quentin didn't see you and the P.I. is off today!" They both knew that but the warning in his tone said he was definitely going to reprimand her later. She nodded but followed his eyes when they latched to Quentin's car. "You dumb bitch!" He quickly scanned around as if he looked for a sniper.

Her hands went up as she calmed frantically, "No no, he's not watching us! He's in the car! I used the chloroform."

Even though his relief was evident, he fixed her with a dangerous glare before he went to the car. She tried to explain as he got closer but he was in too much of a contemplative state. His brother was in the driver seat slumped over to the passenger's. Cindy babbled in his ear so much that he snapped, "God just shut up! I get it..."

Her mouth went in a line and her blush incensed with anger. For good measure she added, "And he called Lovie to tell her to stay put until he comes to get her." His frown turned to a smiling gleam of debauchery. She could see his wheels turning in his demented head and knew he'd probably have her giving him head while he drove to her doom. He'd even pretend he was Quentin then laugh at her shock and horror when they walked into his place to see he was the twin. Cindy was tired of these bitches getting all her men. She wanted this to go as quickly as possible so she added, "I can't lift him and what if he wakes up too soon. He'll overpower me. I can get Lovie to Quentin's and I'm strong enough to lift her with ease." Guy turned slowly to her and watched her with a guarded look. Cindy's heart slammed against her ribcage as she felt him figuring something out. To deflect, she looked around and said, "We should hurry."

He narrowed his eyes and nodded once. "Take my car to get her and chloroform her. I'll have everything ready when you come back.

~*~*

Lovie stood outside of the reception hall alone. She was so worried by Quentin's actions she decided to wait for him outside. She hoped everything was all right and nothing happened with Drew or something worse. She fanned her palms across her pale yellow wrap dress to rid some of its clamminess. She took another look at her phone to check the time and frowned because it was so late. She called Estelle too but there was no answer. When she put the phone back in her dress pocket she was greeted with a three short honks. "Cindy?"

"Hey Loves, hop in." Cindy smiled from the driver side as Lovie moved to the passenger side.

"Whose car is this?"

"It's Eli's." Lovie opened the door and examined the interior before sitting in the seat. It just didn't look to be Eli's style. He liked American muscle not foreign.

She was about to shut the door but stopped, "Wait, I'm supposed to be waiting for Quentin."

"I know. He told me to come and get you."

"Really? Why didn't he call me?" Out of habit she went for her phone to check if she bypassed a message.

Cindy thought she was going to try Quentin's phone and quickly grabbed for Lovie's hands, "No! I mean, he said he had something really important come up with the merger and had to see about it as soon as possible."

Lovie slowly shook her head with confusion, "No he sounded really worried when I talked to him. Like he was scared."

"Hey don't shoot the messenger." Cindy's voice was light again as she tried to play ignorance.

"But he'd text me or something. Or why didn't you call to tell me?"

Cindy sputtered to search for a good lie then suddenly stopped and glued Lovie with a dark look. "Just get in the car sweetie and I'll take you to Quentin."

"What's going on?" With a drastic huff Cindy turned to her purse. It was hidden from Lovie so she continued, "What are you doing? What's that smell?"

The flash of white napkin was all Lovie saw before she tried to turn to run from the car, "Oh no you don't!" With a snake's quickness, Lovie was accosted with a small struggle before the smell took over. As she was drifting Cindy said, "Sorry Loves but I tried to warn you to get out while you can." Cindy was able to shut Lovie's door just as someone was walking out of the reception hall and drove away.

~*~*

Lovie's eyes faded in and out as her head rolled over her shoulders. Her mouth was dry and she had a splitting migraine. Her sight faded and strained against the light and a far away voice was saying something to her. The more she strained to hear the more her head hurt. At that point all she wanted to do was to close her eyes again. Her head swayed and she straightened to catch herself. All she could hear was, "Breathe baby...that's it...get some clean air through your lungs." The voice belonged to Quentin and she tried to alert herself more to follow him.

1...345678