Beauty and the Beast Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Gweall
Gweall
897 Followers

"He isn't a wild animal!" he replied and straightened his vest. He headed for the door. "Most wild animals are too scared to get near him," he chuckled and dashed out the front door. David laughed and wrapped up the fountain plans.

'I do love that man.' He thought about Richard's humor and how such a light hearted man could befriend someone with such anger in him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Richard returned to find the house in ruins. Much of the furniture was broken, broken glass was everywhere, a few broken windows, the kitchen torn apart. And Cormac sitting in the middle of it all.

"Are you finished?" Richard asked. Cormac nodded silently. Tears fell silently as he sat, balled up, on the floor. Richard moved and picked him up, bringing him into his bedroom and putting him to bed. Once he was sure he had fallen asleep he returned downstairs and began cleaning up.

'This makes up for the other 95% of the year that I don't actually have to work doesn't it?' Richard asked himself. He made calls to have the windows replaced the next day and for someone to come and help fix that walls that had been scratched with several knives. After the calls were made, he picked up the broken glass and fixed everything else, before throwing out the broken pieces of furniture. It took several hours but about an hour before Cormac would wake up he was finished. He sleepily crawled into bed and fell asleep instantly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The uncomfortable hospital bed made him miss home. As soon as he thought about home Richard walked into the room.

"How are you feeling, Sir?" The panic was gone and his usual polite formal self was back.

"Alright, I guess." Cormac knew what was coming. Richard sat down and began telling him that he had handled the legal matters and preparing for him to come home.

"Just say it Richard," Cormac sighed.

"Say what, Sir," he added.

"'I told you so.'" Cormac fought back the tears. Richard stared at him silently.

"What kind of friend would I be if I did that, Sir?" Richard smiled. Cormac gave a bitter laugh. He flinched when he smiled.

"An honest one."

"Who the hell wants an honest friend?" Richard smiled. Cormac wanted to smile but it hurt too bad.

"Thank you, Richard," Cormac leaned into him and Richard gave him a firm hug.

"Of course, Sir." A moment of silence passed between them.

"Sir, have you spoken to any plastic surgeons?" Richard asked. Cormac sighed.

"I have, they said there is nothing they can do," Richard looked almost angry.

"Well why the hell not?" he cursed.

"They said there is already too much scar tissue," Cormac said as tears began to fall from his face.

"I'm so sorry, Sir," Richard replied. Cormac nodded silently.

"You can return home soon, though." Richard tried to cheer him up.

"Thank you, I would like that," Cormac said.

Cormac woke up and cursed.

'Just because its a memory, not a nightmare, doesn't mean its not painful,' he thought to himself. He stood and walked downstairs. He found the entire house cleaned except for a few missing windows and torn up walls. Richard came down the stairs, yawning and looking exhausted.

"They are coming to replace the windows and wall paper today," Richard answered the unspoken question, eyes still half closed.

"Go back to bed Richard, you were up late last night. Take a day off," Cormac ordered. For once Richard didn't argue with him.

"Yes, Sir," he whispered and went back up the stairs like a sleepy child rubbing his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~

David arrived later in the day, and without coming in got to work on the fountain. At around noon, Cormac watched David through window. Realizing it was time for lunch, he stepped into the kitchen. Richard was still sleeping and he didn't want to wake him. He looked at the unfamiliar room and poked around before making two sandwiches. He was sure they weren't the best, but they were edible.

"Hungry?" Cormac said from the doorway, he made sure to stay out of the light as he usually did.

"Yeah actually, what's Richard making?" David asked.

"Nothing, he's still asleep," Cormac said.

"What? Really? It's like noon," David looked at his watch.

"He was up late cleaning. I made sandwiches," Cormac added and stepped back inside David thought for a moment before following him inside. He noticed the scratched walls and the broken windows but said nothing. The food was edible. Not good, but edible.

"I apologize for my poor culinary skills," Cormac said, and David laughed.

"I can see why you... hired Richard," he kept it polite but Cormac got the point.

"Yes, I couldn't cook if my life depended on it," he chuckled.

"How long has Richard been working for you?" David asked.

"About ten years. I was orphaned when I was ten and my uncle hired him. When my uncle died eight years later I got the money, the house, and Richard. Of course I nearly tripled his pay. We were best friends growing up," Cormac said.

"Damn, how old is he?"

"32."

"What?" David practically shouted. He laughed, "no way! He doesn't look older than 25."

"Yup, he started working for us when he was twenty and I was fifteen. He takes good care of himself," Cormac shrugged.

Cormac took another bite of his sandwich and grimaced before setting it down.

"So that makes you 27, right?" David asked. Cormac nodded and forced himself to swallow the poorly made food.

"What happened to your parents, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Car wreck. And no I don't mind, we were never very close," Cormac shrugged.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be," Cormac smiled. "So what about you? Tell me more. I've never heard about your wife. I assume you have one since you have Aiden?" Cormac asked.

"No actually, we divorced. We had Aiden when we were young and our parents pressured us into getting married. We did and we were both unhappy. I knew she was seeing people on the side but I honestly couldn't have cared. We were really only together for Aiden's sake. When I told her I was gay we both knew it had been over years ago," David shrugged.

"And you got Aiden out of it, that has to be a bonus, yes?" Cormac asked.

"Definitely," David smiled, glad that Cormac had said nothing of him being gay.

"I inherited the house and the money, of course there were always the people who claimed they love you but really just wanted a piece of the wealth," Cormac said, staring off into space like he was remembering something.

"It's to be expected isn't it?" David shrugged. Cormac looked at him and nodded in agreement.

"I let myself get fooled one too many times and paid the price for my naivete," Cormac brushed his fingers over his scarred face. David was about to say something when another voice joined the conversation.

"Oh don't go grouching about how you deserved it," Richard came in from the front hall, dressed in his usual formal clothing.

"I have no idea why you wear that, I never said you had to," Cormac said, as Richard straightened his vest.

"I like it. Makes me feel fancy," Richard raised his nose. He passed by the table and saw the hardly eaten food.

"Oh good god, did he make you eat his food?" Richard looked at David like he had just eaten a bug. "I am so sorry, we'll pay for the hospital bills." He glared at Cormac and smacked him on the head as he picked up the plates and walked into the kitchen. Cormac glared after him.

"It's not that bad!" he shouted.

"I'll make you both something to eat," Richard said, ignoring Cormac. Cormac seemed to sigh.

"You're too good to me," Cormac replied. David laughed and they continued talking for awhile. When Richard came out with a homemade pizza all three of them ate and talked. The more he got to know him, the more Cormac spoke and spent less time hiding in the shadows. David had become used to his appearance and was no longer shocked by it.

After eating, David grabbed two more slices and headed home. Once he got home he gave Aiden the slices of pizza and finished doing some work on the fountain, including how much it would cost and other boring aspects of the job. Sometimes at night he would think about how glad he was that Aiden and his friends had spied on Cormac and had broken his fountain. Otherwise he would have never met him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm going to bed, Sir. Do you need anything before I turn in?" Richard poked his head inside Cormac's room.

"No, I think I'm alright," Cormac replied. "Thank you, Richard."

"Of course. Good night, Sir." Cormac said goodnight and Richard disappeared into the dark hallway. Cormac sighed and tried to get comfortable. He prayed that maybe tonight he wouldn't be haunted with memories of the past.

Gweall
Gweall
897 Followers