Beauty and the Geek Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
frozenhero1
frozenhero1
3,755 Followers

"You forgot your stupid lunch, I had pizza last night!" Miley yelled after her.

"I hope you choke on it!" Stacy slammed the door shut behind her.

=====

Chip looked ready to fall asleep at the front register of 'The House of Spandex', but immediately perked up as soon as Miley walked into the store. Miley was dressed simply in a pair of cut-off shorts, a white tank, and tennis shoes. She had pulled her wavy curls back into a pony tail and wasn't wearing any make-up. Despite this, Chip thought she was a devastating knock-out.

"Uh, hi Miley."

"Hey Chip," Miley greeted. "Is Charlie around? I need to talk to him."

Chip pointed, "Him and Theo are in the back."

"Thanks doll." Miley quickly moved through the rows of comics and paperback books.

"Green Lantern is so stupid," Theo was telling Charlie while the two co-workers priced back-issues in the small stock room of the comic book store.

"What do you mean?" Charlie asked.

"Well, there's like three thousand of these guys, right? And they've divided the universe into sectors. Only three thousand guys to guard and protect the whole universe? Each one would have a billion galaxies to cover, and each of those galaxies would have a few billion solar systems.... it's ludicrous."

Charlie laughed. "It's just a comic book, Theo."

"Yeah, a really stupid one."

"You should try reading the stuff where Hal Jordan and Green Arrow team-up, it's-"

"Charlie!"

Charlie glanced up from his work as the stock room door flew open, "Miley?"

"Hey Miley," Theo chirped.

Charlie saw Miley's expression, noticing she was clearly upset about something. "What's wrong, are you okay?"

"No!" Miley whined. "Stacy came over and we had this huge fight and I ate half of a pepperoni pizza and I feel like a bloated cow and-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down," Charlie urged as Miley dashed into his arms. "Does this have anything to do with Brian flaking out on her?"

Miley looked up at Charlie, "You know about that?"

"Yeah, he called me today at lunch."

"She accused me of taking Brian's side, and never having her back. Can you believe that?"

"Um..." Charlie wasn't sure what to say. He looked to Theo, who only shrugged.

"I'm sorry baby; I didn't mean to disrupt you at work."

"It's okay, we're not that busy."

"I think you should just apologize," Theo suddenly said.

Miley turned to regard Theo with a quizzical expression.

Theo clarified, "Usually in these situations both parties feel guilty about what was said, and once one steps forward and apologizes the other person does as well. Then everyone hugs and makes up."

Miley stared at Theo.

Theo lifted a shoulder, clarifying, "I mean, that's how it usually happens on TV."

Charlie cracked a smile. "Actually, that makes sense."

"I'm not apologizing to that bitch," Miley declared.

"Why don't you try to forget about it?" Charlie suggested. "We leave for Miami in a couple of days, by the time we get back it'll probably all blow over; you and Stace will have forgotten what it is you even fought about."

"Maybe," Miley nodded.

"It's so cool that you're going to Miami and meeting with Pow! Comics," Theo said.

"I know, right?" Miley replied. "That's exactly what I need, too. A weekend of beaches and room service, I can't wait."

"Me too," Charlie agreed.

"You still hanging out with your brother tonight?" Miley asked.

"Yeah."

"Come over after?" Miley teased, "I know exactly what will make me forget about my fight with Stacy."

Theo sighed and shook his head as Miley and Charlie kissed, "I need a girlfriend."

(Next: Miami)

[Edited by: manda126]

frozenhero1
frozenhero1
3,755 Followers