Beauty--Remastered Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Another gunshot made him pause, just for an instant. The pain of that one, in his left side was slight; it was just a graze, as he struggled to knock the gun from the other man's grasp. Bonnet took advantage of his hesitation and kicked him off. Donovan reached for his own gun, but it wasn't in his holster. It must have fallen out during the struggle.

The barrel of Bonnet's gun met his temple and he checked his movements. "It's been fun." The Frenchman panted, his voice tight with pain. "Goodbye, monsieur."

Donovan heard a click, and Bonnet swore. The cartridge was empty. He knocked it from the weak grip of his enemy and downed the man again. Kneeling over him, he pulled a long knife from its concealed sheath in his boot.

"P-please don't kill me." Bonnet begged, panting and sobbing. He gurgled to silence when the sharp blade was placed against his neck.

"Alford!" Joey's voice rose above the warbling infant screams rising from the tiny bundle clasped to his chest. He'd found the baby as they bundled the poor thing into Bonnet's car. There had been some sort of gunfight, but he hardly remembered it. All he knew was when he realized it, he'd been scooping the bawling child from the car, dead or wounded doctors and armed men littering the surfaces surrounding him. And he'd done it all on his own. "I found it!"

"Sir!" Kevin's voice crackled in his ear at the same time. "Lady Alford is alive and safe. Tony's just getting her ready to be moved now."

"You can go," Bonnet whimpered. "I'll leave you, and your wife. And the child! I swear it. I'll leave the country!"

"No," Donovan growled, his voice low and deadly. He raised Bonnet up and went nose to nose with him. "You raped my wife. You kidnapped her. You cut the child from her womb. That's far enough, Gaston." He raised the knife.

Faster than Joey's eye could move, Bonnet had pulled a knife from what seemed like thin air, and plunged it into Donovan's side. An anguished roar thundered through the walls, prompting the baby to being its screams. The knife in Donovan's grasp slipped from his grasp and Bonnet let out a single choked gasp as it embedded itself in his neck.

"Boss!" Kevin appeared around the corner, pulling Donovan's limp body off of the dead man's. "He's still breathing. Tony, hurry up in there and get your ass out here. Boss is hurt."

"There, there," Joey soothed the baby, following the halls to where the other members of the team were gathered around a door. They parted for him and he entered the room. "Scary!"

"Joey?" Scarlet was dazed. The medication and sedatives Anthony had plied her with were taking effect. She heard the soft whimpers of the child and her face lit up. "You have my baby?"

Joey carefully handed it over, careful of the temporary IV she was hooked up to. She cuddled the small thing to her chest, caressing tiny features. "It's beautiful, Scary. Looks just like you."

She smiled, then frowned. "Why are you here? It's too dangerous."

"Well, it's over, now, and I'm fine. So hush. Relax. We'll be out of here soon, and Alford will be fine and--"

Scarlet was instantly on the alert. "What happened to Donovan? Dammit, Joey, is he here, too?"

"Lady Alford," Kevin barked at her, and shoved Joseph back. "You need to relax, ma'am. The Boss is fine. Joseph, shut up and get your shit in gear." He lowered his voice as he finished his reprimand. "Don't scare her."

"But he's okay, right?"

"If Anthony can work his magic, yes. But Joseph, he's been shot twice, and stabbed. We need to get them out of here now."

Joseph turned back to see his best friend staring down at the baby in her arms. One of the huge men scooped her up gently, cradling their small forms protectively. She turned and smiled at Joey, her eyes drifting closed.

12