Beauty's Choice Ch. 06

Story Info
Remembering.
3.4k words
4.62
12.5k
17

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 10/16/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Six

Her name was Elianna Spencer and she was a witch of the Third Kingdom. Her father, Lord Malachi Spencer, had given her to Chancellor Abram Black in marriage. A marriage that would give her father the power and status he craved. He certainly wouldn't care about something as paltry as his daughter's wishes. And her biggest was to not be linked in marriage to Chancellor Black. He was as evil and dark as his name and Elianna had panicked. When they had stopped at an Inn for a short break for the horses, she'd stolen the coach that had come to take her to his manse deep in the Black Woods of the Third Kingdom.

It had been so very cold on the driver's seat and she wasn't exactly sure where she was going to go. She'd thought to hide in the woods, hoping that maybe the black witch would save her. It was stupid, the witch was probably one of those legends, the kind that changed with every retelling.

But she didn't care. She had just known that giving her troth to Abram Black was something she was not ready or willing to do.

She'd taken a few moments in the coach to warm up under the furs. But she hadn't known how to properly set the brake or hobble the horses. Something had startled them and they'd spooked. Without someone at the reins, they'd spun the coach and thundered across the First Kingdom. They had dumped the coach into that deep ditch and trapped her in the icy, cold water.

All of that had led her to fleeing from two of the most incredible and irresistible men she'd ever met.

But even knowing who she was and why she'd been running just made it even more important that Bryce and Blaise not catch up with her. A sob caught in her chest and her heart ached. She cringed, thinking of the evilness of the man her father had promised her to.

She knew him, at least by reputation. He'd find out where she'd hidden and he would exact vengeance from the people of the first kingdom, from Bryce and Blaise. Just the thought tore at her, the thought of being any part in hurting the two men that owned her heart was more than she could stand.

With a cry, she pushed the ball of her hand against her forehead, trying desperately to think of a way to save them. Only one thing might work and even that was a very weak might.

She'd go to him, to Abram Black, she'd beg him to take her if it kept him from hurting her two men. "Oh God," she moaned. She'd claimed them in her thoughts, and in her heart. With an even deeper sorrow, she knew that was the only place she could possibly ever claim them.

She looked around the forest. She had been walking even while deep in thought and now she wasn't quite sure which way she was supposed to go. She turned a slow circle, searching for a landmark she could use to give her even a hint of where she was.

A low, menacing snarl from the bushes startled her and she searched for the source, finally spotting two yellow eyes in the underbrush. She couldn't see what they belonged to, her fear almost stripping her of her wits. Slowly backing away, she held her hands out, muttering an incantation under her breath.

When nothing happened she tried again, before remembering that her father had bound her powers to Abram Black. She would have been given them back after their wedding night, after he'd taken her innocence.

"He can have them," she muttered with a sullen curse. "I'd rather be dead." The tree above her had branches low enough for her to reach and she quickly swung into its protective boughs. She hurriedly and clumsily clambered further, glancing down as something snarled near the base of the tree. A huge black panther jumped up, swatting at her feet before she could pull them any further.

"Please," she begged the huge beast, "don't hurt me."

The panther was immense, and ran a rough, pink tongue over its gleaming white fangs. Even as she pulled herself into the tree, closer to its base, he prepared to leap into the branches after her. Before he could perform that leap, he turned his head and stared back the way he'd come. A loud, feral scream left its mouth and he jumped back into the underbrush without giving her a second look.

A shiver of an even deeper terror had her pushing herself back behind the thick screen of leaves. Whatever was down there was scarier than something that could easily kill her. Whatever was down there now had frightened off the panther. With a quiet gasp, she pressed her fist to her mouth to try and hold back the moans that were fear inspired.

Below her, two huge black wolves slid through the underbrush. They were beautiful, majestic, even as they were terrifying. She scooted back a bit farther and heard the telltale sound of leaves rustle.

When the wolves looked up, Elianna jerked backwards and lost her balance. A quick shriek left her lips and she tipped off the branch. Her last coherent thought as she fell through tree limbs was a fast, prayer of thanksgiving that at least it would be the fall that killed her.

Then four strong and warm arms closed around her, catching her with a gentleness that didn't even jar her. Two hard, masculine chests cradled her and four amber eyes gazed down at her. "Bryce? Blaise? How?" she stuttered.

"Did you really think we would let you go, lady fair?"

"We can't let you go, Beauty. You belong to us." They let her feet slip to the ground but their arms stayed around her, pressing her up against them.

"You do deserve a spanking for worrying us like that. That will be one of the first things we do after we claim you."

"You can't," she cried.

"We can't claim you, or spank you?"

"You...You have to let me go. You need to forget about me. Please." Her voice cracked as she begged them, seeing the stubborn light in their eyes. They were so alike and so deep in her heart that she felt like it would rip from her chest just thinking she could never be with them the way they wanted.

Bryce glanced at Blaise. They seemed to speak mentally before making up their minds about something. "We will discuss all that when we are back in the castle, my love."

"No!" she cried. "Don't you understand? Just being around me could get you killed. I can't have your deaths on my shoulders. It would kill me. Please, let me go." Her beautiful golden/green eyes begged them to understand, to let her go so that she could hide until this would be over.

"And leaving you would kill us. We love you, lady fair. Without you, life seems pretty meaningless. Do you know what happens to wolves who lose their mates? Do you understand that life would be nothing, would seem as nothing without you?" Blaise traced the back of his fingers over her cheek.

Before she could answer, a growl and a deep bark had both men lifting their heads. "We will table this discussion until we get back into the First Kingdom." Blaise took a step back and as she watched, his body contorted and a gleaming of sparkling waves enveloped him. He grew to a massive size, fur pushing through his dark skin. His nose and mouth turned into a black muzzle. He met her eyes, his tongue lolling out of his mouth as if he was just some big, lap dog.

Bryce lifted her, placing her astride Blaise's back. "Hold tight, Beauty. We'll be back to the castle in no time."

"Please, Bryce..." But before she could say anything more, Bryce took two steps and took the third as his wolf. They leaped into a quick run, two smaller black wolves following behind.

Elianna gripped the fur ruff around Blaise's neck, amazed at how incredibly soft his fur was. She leaned down, hugging him, stroking his silky pelt. His stride was swift and smooth, barely jarring her. It was more like he was rocking her, loving her. It lulled her senses and she closed her eyes, relaxing into him.

"Is she sleeping?" Blaise sent the thought to Bryce.

"She looks like an angel in your fur. What do you think has her so afraid?"

"I don't know but I don't like it. She shouldn't fear anything with us. Whatever it is, I say we hunt it down and kill it."

Bryce nodded his regal head. They were of one mind on this. Nothing would scare their mate, nothing would frighten her so badly that she would leave them again. Nothing, he thought with a growl.

They ran back to the castle and Bryce quickly dressed before lifting her from Blaise's broad back. He waited for his brother to dress and then they went to the throne room, knowing their parents would need to know what frightened her almost as much as they did. Micah and Declan had announced their return and their parents waited impatiently on them there.

Beauty looked up at him, her eyes shining with her emotions and confused by sleep. It made him catch his breath, love glistening in her beautiful green/gold orbs. "Hello, my love."

Than something struck her and she struggled against him. "Why did you bring me back here? Let me down. I have to go. He'll kill you."

He let her slip down until she stood steady, pressed against him. "Who will kill us, Beauty? Who is scaring you like this?"

"Elianna," she corrected. "Elianna Spencer is my name."

"Wait," Ramilla said, holding one hand up. "Why is your name so familiar?" She thought for a quick moment, than her eyes widened. "You are affianced to Chancellor Black of the Third Kingdom."

"Yes. Now you know why I cannot stay here. I will not cause your family heartache and harm after all the good you have done for me. If I could but borrow a horse..."

"No!" both Bryce and Blaise roared. "You aren't leaving us."

"Please, Ramilla. Please tell them I cannot stay. I would rather go back to Abram then cause their deaths and if I stay, that is what will happen. Abram is an evil man. He has so much power." Her eyes begged the Queen to help her make her sons understand.

"I can't, dear. Actually, can't is the wrong word. I won't. Chancellor Black has no power here in the First Kingdom. He dare not raise arms against us. He would have the whole table of Chancellors against him."

"What? No...he has too much power with the Chancellors."

"So you see, lady fair, you are stuck with us. You are our mate." Blaise touched her chin. "We won't be without you."

Elianna startled. "You...You both want me? You want to, what, share me? Is that even possible?"

Bryce chuckled. "Oh yes. Very definitely. We look forward to showing you how, don't we brother?"

Blaise stroked his hand down her back, his gentle caress sending a shiver down her spine. "We do."

"When did this happen?" Ramilla asked. "Not that I'm against it, mind you, but when you left...well," she touched her eye mimicking the bruise on Bryce's eye where just the hint of yellow- green was still evident.

"What happened?" Elianna growled. "Who did that?" She reached up, tracing the bruise with a gentle touch. "Are you alright?"

"You want to tell her?" Bryce asked, looking at Blaise.

"I'd rather pour honey on myself and walk naked into the Fourth Kingdom."

Bryce laughed. "It was a consequence of my brother and I being idiots. We worked it out and everything is fine now."

Elianna wrapped her hands around his forearms and then stood on tiptoe to reach up and place a gentle, careful kiss against the bruise. "No more fighting over me."

Blaise had the presence of mind to look ashamed. "Does that mean you will stay with us?" he asked eagerly, not sounding very contrite.

Elianna sighed heavily. "You don't know what he'll do. He has my magic, with it..." she couldn't finish her sentence.

"He has your magic? How is that possible?"

She looked at King Thorn. "My magic was bound to him when his troth was accepted by my father. Unless I marry him, my magic will wither and fade until there is nothing left of it. I-I will do the same." Her heart thumped heavily in her chest. It was not an easy death or a pleasant one, but she would rather that than the thought of becoming Abram's wife.

Bryce's eyes flashed. "How do we get your magic back?"

"You don't." Elianna let him pull her against his chest. "Abram has to relinquish it willingly." Blaise pressed up against her back, his warmth a welcome respite from the coldness that was residing in her soul at the thought of walking away from these two men. "I'd rather die than be with him, especially now."

"We aren't letting that happen, my love. We will figure out a way to get it back and you won't ever have to be near him again." Blaise kissed the nape of her neck, his wolf growling inside him and pacing, frantically wanting to take over and kill the thing that threatened their mate. "Father, there has to be someone..."

Thorn nodded, his thumb rubbing against his chin. "Chancellor Partis. I will send him a missive now. Micah, go wake Heath. We will need his thoughts on this as well."

"Elianna?" Ramilla gently touched her shoulder, her soft sympathy shimmering in her beautiful, caring eyes. "Let me take you up to your room. You must be exhausted."

A surge of hope spread through her breast, warming her the way her two wolves were warming her body with their embrace. Maybe there was hope after all. Maybe Abram will finally know the meaning of the word no, that he couldn't buy and sell people with a flick of his fingers. She could only hope. But it was something she'd been afraid of, that hope.

Now she almost hated the hope that flickered so brightly inside of her. It would make it so difficult when she was denied her freedom and she would have to leave the First Kingdom and go to the prison that would be her life. Which would be easier? Could she live with Abram's cold, impersonal touch, his petty paybacks for even the most trivial of slights, true or not? Could she withstand his cruelty, his tantrums? What of the feel of him rutting between her thighs, taking forcefully what she so badly wanted to give to her wolves? Could she live with the thought of his selfish and petty hands, his thin, wet lips? But if not...Would she be able to withstand the pain that awaited her, the thought was almost too much to bear.

She let Ramilla pull her away, stopping only to rise to her toes and kiss both men, gentle bushes to their lips. She heard Blaise's gasp before turning to Bryce. He helped her up with tender hands to her biceps. The kiss was one of innocence, a quick favor that barely heated their lips and lasted but a moment but cemented in Elianna's mind to where she belonged.

These two men held more than her heart, they held her hope, her sincerity, her need. They took her from the blackest and coldest of futures and brought her soul into the light. With them, she might have a future, children, love. She could have everything she'd ever wanted if she took a chance and gave her hopes and dreams to them.

"Don't worry, lady fair. Bryce never fails at anything. He is the champion's champion at anything he sets his mind upon. He will save us all." His hand stroked over the back of her head, tangling in her rich golden curls as if he couldn't bear to let her out of sight.

Bryce was not to be outdone. "My brother is the smartest man I know, beauty. He will come up with the idea that will save the day. Don't you fret and worry. Rest and this will be over with soon."

She nodded, stepping into their embrace one last time. "I'm not afraid." The lie slipped past her lips and she tried to make it believable, but staring up into their eyes, she was sure she hadn't been believed. With a quick nod she hurried to Ramilla's side and followed her up the wide staircase to her rooms.

* * * *

"She can't die," Blaise uttered in a voice that was deep and fearful. A fear that ate at his soul. "She just can't."

Bryce nodded and clasped his shoulder. "We won't let her. If we can't save her than we tether our lives to hers. We won't let her die alone."

Blaise closed his eyes and nodded his head. For a wolf to mate as deeply as Bryce was talking about, when their mate died, they would pass as well, saving their wolves from living with the absolute agony of being separated from the one that completed their souls. It would be a mercy to them, for they would be with Elianna in the next life.

"I don't want to hear that kind of talk," Thorn growled. "You are my sons and I will not let you go, so start thinking. We need to find a way to save Elianna."

Micah came striding into the room, Heath, the pack Beta on his heels.

"Micah briefed you?" At Heath's nod, Thorn continued. "Then you know we don't have a lot of time to figure this thing out."

"Chancellor Black is not an easy man to cross. He is vindictive and cruel." Heath scratched his head. "We need to go to the table. They will be the ones to sort this out."

"And if they say our mate belongs to Black?" Bryce growled the question, his wolf wanting to take over, to kill the man who was threatening his mate.

"The table is made up of shifters as well as humans, they will understand what finding a mate actually means. I can't see any of them tearing a fated mate from her fated partner. Hopefully that will trump Black's prior claim. If not...well we'll burn that bridge when we come to it."

Bryce stared at his father's beta. "Don't you mean cross?"

Heath stared at the Alpha Prince. "No because burn is what will probably happen. Black is very powerful, he has a lot of pull and his magic is legendary and almost unstoppable."

Thorn grabbed Blaise when the man growled and started to twitch. "Settle down," he snapped. "Heath is trying to come up with answers. Challenging him will do neither of you any good and could waste valuable time. Remember yourself, Blaise. You are the son of Alphas. You need to project the image of being unstoppable yourself. Half the..."

"...battle is in the mindset." Blaise finished the sentence, having been taught that at a very early age and reminded of it often. It was difficult to remember, though, when he badly wanted to kill something, or someone. His heart was racing and his hands were in fists. He took several deep breaths before he could push back the change.

Bryce came up and stood beside him, his hand clasping his shoulder. "We will save her, brother. But we have to find out about these bound powers. Perhaps if we sent a messenger to her father, perhaps he would unbind her magic?"

Micah shook his head. "Power and greed are two of the major components of a warlock. If Black has her powers, he will not want to give them up. Her father has no way to get them back, not if he bound them magical to her intended."

"How do you know all of this?" Thorn stared at his son, a puzzled look in his eyes.

Micah glanced at his father. "I...um...I was...um"

Blaise shook his head even as a soft chuckle passed his lips. "I think we know what the 'um' is." He met his father's eyes. "Micah has a reputation of...being a favorite of the ladies."

"Not as much as Declan is."

The men laughed. Then they sat down at the long table and began to kick around ideas, searching for answers that would save Elianna.