Because of the Night Ch. 02

Story Info
Leif and Sir Glen have a chat.
1k words
4.54
11.6k
00

Part 2 of the 18 part series

Updated 10/26/2022
Created 09/03/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mr. Leif, if I might be so bold, I cannot believe you do not find Taylor satisfactory."

It was the soft lilt of Laurie's voice. The severe shadows hid her features, but he knew she too had changed to something appropriate for the dungeons, a white silky gown that was undoubtedly raise the jealousy of all who would watch her serve Sir Glen. It billowed about her almost like a sail, but in such a manner that it was the image of a dream.

"Ever the ravishing companion, but it would be inappropriate for Taylor to be here alone in my company." He spoke as he quickly fastened his buttons to his cuffs. "I have no wish to raise Sir Glen's ire. As he spoke at dinner, he's getting too old to deal with problems I've caused, and I am much better off not provoking him." He ended in a token roguish smile that earned him to see a rare genuine smile from Laurie as she shook her head. He wished he hadn't drawn undue attention to the fact that her beloved was vastly older than she, but that didn't seem to matter.

And just as quickly as she remembered Sir Glen's most challenging young companion, she returned to the favorite companion of Sir Glen, the one worthy of total commitment to her companion. Her voice was strong and commanding, though hushed with all the discipline that Sir Glen demanded of any of his companions. "Taylor please finish dressing Mr. Leif. You have permission to follow him wherever. Sir Glen trusts Mr. Leif as he has been given full run of the house."

Nervously, head bent, Taylor entered the room, and Laurie left closing the door silently. Taylor glided across the dimly lit room and finished buttoning the shirt as she was asked.

"Taylor, what have you not experienced with Sir Glen?"

"Pardon me?" her fingers jumped away from the shirt as if she had been shocked.

"You know I was once here Taylor. I will not pretend with you. I know the caste system Sir Glen uses. What have you not experienced? What do you keep failing at?" he tipped her head up.

She turned away angrily. "I am not without fault Mr. Leif."

"Sir Glen would not have you allowed to be among the chosen companions tonight if he didn't think you were proficient enough. But there is at least one thing you lack. And finish as Laurie asked you." He gathered her hands and placed them on his shirt.

"I have yet to curb my defiant ways Mr. Leif. That is the reason Sir Glen has been unable to complete my training."

"How many other novices are in residence here?" His voice turned severe and it scared Taylor. She wondered how safe she was here with this strange man she had so early wondered so much about.

"I am the last companion novice. The others who were there...are from else where, but would have not minded your company Mr. Leif. I do not know how many of the Order are in residence." Leif nodded. Sir Glen's estate was nearly a boarding house for companions while business out of town was conducted, or some new skill needed to be acquired.

"Well, come along Taylor, we will join them in the dungeons. Then we'll see how much more Sir Glen means to teach you."

It was a brief respite in the evening's activities as guests left, and companions went their separate ways. Some went home, others to the companion sanctuary. Sir Glen, however, found Leif in the main dungeon room; cleaning some of the toys that had been used, eerily quiet now that no one occupied the dungeons.

"Novices will do that in the morning Leif." Leif raised an eyebrow with being addressed so familiarly.

"I am able Sir Glen. I do not mind."

"What is it Leif? You returned, as you're always welcome here, you know that, but without a word of warning. Something is troubling you." Glen sat on a bench looking at the younger man as a brother instead of as a peer.

"I needed some grounding. Your estates have always brought me peace Sir Glen."

Sir Glen didn't believe Leif and continued to press for answers. "You've been missed for nearly five years. Was it hard on you Leif, or did someone rip your heart to shreds?" He watched the younger man cringe, revealing the sore spirit, broken by a stark reality.

Changing the subject, Sir Glen spoke up. "You nearly frightened Laurie tonight, leaving Taylor outside your room. She poor girl thought she'd done something wrong."

"No one under your careful hand should ever think that Sir Glen." Leif hefted a paddle onto its place on the wall under the dim lights.

"Take Taylor to your room tonight Leif. Let her help you."

With all the honor in his being, Leif shook his head and began to examine a silver handled whip. "She's still a novice Sir Glen."

"I will give her permission tonight." The elder waved away Leif's concern.

"Why is she still a novice?" He looked up from his inspection.

"I believe you will find that out tonight Leif. Laurie will see you have proper attire for tomorrow evening." He beckoned a passing servant asking him to bring Taylor to Leif's rooms.

"Leif, I don't just help companions. I help their Tops as well. I'm not nearly as good at it as I am with novice companions, but it comes in handy from time to time."

The lost look in Leif's eyes caught him. "Don't you think I didn't know, every time I saw the whip hit you, you became more determined to overcome your internal humiliation. You were mistaken in your calling Leif. If you remember there was a time when your antics went virtually ignored because you were beginning your own path Leif. I cannot break the spirit that will not bend. I am not so prideful that I did not see that in you."

"You're a good man Leif. Don't let a personal set back destroy you." And with those words, Sir Glen turned to leave the dungeon.