Because of the Night Ch. 11

Story Info
How Mr. Leif returned to Sir Glen.
1.1k words
4.71
8.3k
00

Part 11 of the 18 part series

Updated 10/26/2022
Created 09/03/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

For Sir Glen in the hall, the night had worn on him. These past weeks were long and cumbersome complicated by Mr. Leif's presence. He did cherish the fact that Mr. Leif had returned. It meant that not all was lost after all. And every day, there was the spark that the time away Mr. Leif had spent went to good use; without fail, Mr. Leif was definitely becoming conclave material. But even in the nonchalant manner in which Mr. Leif had returned could not be ignored.

Ever the quiet evening at the conclave those many weeks ago, though it felt as if ages had passed, Sir Glen was in his study, mindlessly stroking Laurie's back, his eyes focused on Taylor, when three knocks echoed over the entry way and through the double doors to his study.

"Continue Taylor. The servants will get the door." Sir Glen's voice was calm and steady as Taylor continued about as he had ordered her. His last free companion in the conclave was nearly perfect and Sir Glen took great pride in that fact.

Here inside, it was peaceful, though outside buckets of rain fell pierced by a tempered lightening bolt and the grumbling of thunder.

A servant came from the shadows to his side. "Forgive me Sir Glen, there is a messenger at the door for you, asking you by name."

Sir Glen waved his hand and then leaned forward pulling himself out of the wingback chair he had been sitting in.

"Laurie, take Taylor to the novice hall." And with that, he strode out into the brightly lit entryway.

Standing over the grate shivering in hooded jogging clothes, drenched from head to toe had the man been a dog, he might have looked like a drowned rat. Though initially hesitant, Sir Glen knew better than to judge messengers. Upon closing the space, the messenger's bent head tipped up only slightly, giving a hint of a familiar silhouette.

Sir Glen's well polished boots came to a halt feet from the guest in his hall. With a hand, he motioned for the messenger to follow him, pausing only long enough to whisper some instructions to a servant who had just come into the entryway.

Once they were alone and beginning to ascend the stairs did Sir Glen remove the hood that had plastered to the messenger's head, revealing a mass of matted hair and the searching eyes of Mr. Leif.

Laurie was waiting for them at the top of the stairs, but before the last stair had been reached, she turned and ran down the hallway between Sir Glen's private rooms and the novice hall. Leif paused almost wanting to shout at her not to leave on his account but it was the commanding voice that reminded Leif of his place in this conclave. "This way Mr. Leif." And Sir Glen led him to a room directly across from his own. With a wry smile, and an impish twinkle Leif looked up mildly surprised as if to say 'To keep me out of trouble Sir Glen?'

Sir Glen did not respond but only shut the door behind him once inside, and crossed to take a seat near the fireplace. It was then that Laurie reappeared with a warm robe and towels for Mr. Leif.

"Laurie, you may help Mr. Leif."

Laurie quickly dispensed with Mr. Leif's clothes, leaving them in a self-created murky puddle. Only after wrapping a towel around him and helping him into the robe did Laurie return to Sir Glen's side. As Laurie stripped their guest, he had questioned the choice of bringing Mr. Leif in such a drastic circle. Sir Glen assessed his wayward peer physically suppressing pity and winces knowing full well that Mr. Leif had found a harsher reality than inside the safety of the conclave.

With a hint of mild embarrassment, Leif fished into his wet clothes and pulled out the few items he owned and then sat across from Sir Glen waiting for the questioning to begin. A million of unspoken questions hung in the air and Leif didn't want to answer them all, but he would if he was asked. Having left, he had experienced first hand many things worse than Sir Colin's lackadaisical care.

Finally, Sir Glen sliced through the tension. "If you'll be here in two night's time, I'll will expect you to join us at the dinner Laurie and I are giving. A hot meal will be sent up shortly."

Caught between a croak and whisper, Leif spoke, "Thank you Sir Glen."

With a nod, Sir Glen rose to his feet, Laurie not far behind him and they slipped out of his rooms to their own both of their fingers crossed in hopes of seeing him over the next two days. To Sir Glen's relief, Mr. Leif stayed, and as the days had passed, it became a balance between tempering Mr. Leif's fears and encouraging the strengths inside of him for all the same reasons when he had been a member of the Order. Undoubtedly as Sir Glen and Laurie observed Mr. Leif and Taylor, Mr. Leif had begun to explore sensuality at a higher awareness than when he had left and perhaps because his company had been filled by Taylor, or perhaps simply because Mr. Leif knew it was his time to come into his own, he clearly enjoyed it.

Watching her beg Mr. Leif in the tinniest whisper as she controlled her entire body for his touch, his command. Even the caress of his voice in her ear excited her. Though she had mastered denial for much longer, in Leif's face, Sir Glen was able to observe that even Mr. Leif was as anxious as his companion. Perhaps this was even heightened by being openly watched by a close couple, Sir Glen could only guess, but alone with his Laurie that night, her only comment was that Mr. Leif had gained confidence and had enjoyed himself.

But all journeys were not single paths, Leif's was drastically layered and Sir Glen had a hint of the reason why Taylor might be attracted to Leif. But he needed to be able to control both for a little longer. Sir Glen was not foolish enough to keep Taylor from Leif: he was relieved that they acclimated to each other, filling a loneliness that Taylor had since she had come to him.

Sir Glen had no doubt that Taylor and Leif were right for each other, he only wanted to know that they knew it as well. Leif had the skills, though they needed honing, he would indeed become a great member to the conclave. Taylor had the patience, she would be the one to encourage the deepest of fires and temper Leif's inventive nature.

-Or perhaps more fitting,- Sir Glen mused, -she'll encourage him to be more inventive.-