Becky's Marine Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Alright," he said, signing the spot that cleared me for full active duty. "You better take care of yourself over there, I don't wanna hear of you getting hurt."

"You won't. I've got good men with me."

-----

The next day I went into work with Carl. It wasn't my assigned shift, but I had to get this taken care of. We took the van to the control room, where Carl left me so he could take his turnover. I went down the hall to the supervisors office, stopping to make several copies of my orders along the way.

Jack Harris was the supervisor for the shift, sitting in his office talking on the phone. I went up and waited for him to finish his call.

"Andrew, I didn't see you on the overtime roster, what brings you in?" he asked. His voice was raspy from yelling in the plant for years.

"Unfortunate business I'm afraid," I said, setting a copy of the orders on his desk.

"What's this?"

"Deployment orders. I'm being recalled."

"I'm sorry to hear that. How long will you be gone?"

"I can't say, indefinitely. Could be nine months, could be well over a year."

"OK, I'll send a copy to HR and have them put you down for a leave of absence."

"No offense, but I'll go up there with a copy myself. I need to make sure this is done now. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for California."

"Got it. Well be safe, and write to Carl."

"I will. I'll see you when I get back."

----

The flight to California was uneventful, sleeping most of the way. I landed at San Diego airport, gathering my few possessions and taking a cab to the Amtrak station. Ten dollars and twenty minutes later, I was in line to get my ticket to Oceanside.

Once I had got to Oceanside, I called Tyler for a ride to base. The gate guard gave me some trouble for my ID being expired, but there was nothing I could do about that. I showed him my orders and he let us on.

It was a Thursday when I arrived. Marines at the barracks were directing the evenings cleaning activities, known as field day. The CO had been expecting me, so he had stuck around to greet me when I got in.

"Sir," I said, setting down my bag to shake his hand.

"Sergeant Anderson, how the hell have you been?" Captain Varren said, shaking my hand.

"Been better sir," I said. "Where do I call home for a while?"

"Room 206 is yours, no roommates. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

"Am I being restored as a section chief?"

"Yes, the platoon commander will brief you on your crew."

"Sir, you know what I'm gonna want, right?"

"Tyler?"

"And Ryan sir. Both are good men, I'll need them if I'm the brand new section chief."

"Ok, I'll give you Tyler and Ryan, but the rest of the crew stays."

"Done deal sir. It's good to see you again."

"You as well Drew, I'm sure it sucks being called back, but I personally feel better having someone with your experience around."

"Thank you sir, I guess I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Sure thing. Don't bother coming to formation, go get what you need from supply and check in with the platoon commander when your finished."

"Copy that sir."

He handed me the key to my room, leaving for home when he was done. I went and set my bag down, calling Tyler and Ryan to come see me.

"Ok guys, remember that I'm Sergeant Anderson when we are working. Outside of work, I'm Drew, but on duty we have to keep it professional."

"Got it," Ryan said. "Do you think they will transfer us to your gun?"

"Already done. As soon as I take over a gun, you two will be on my crew."

The next few weeks went by slowly, mostly doing refresher training and getting back into the routine of military life. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss home every minute of every day.

I called Becky every night before she went to bed, spending hours sometimes talking about our days and our future plans. We had gotten an official deployment date of November 15, and I told Becky she had better bring the whole gang for our send off.

I talked with Carl often, though his schedule made it difficult sometimes. Jeanna would talk to me more than him, simply because she was available more often. They all assured me they would be there for our departure.

----

November 15 was a rainy day in San Diego, yet the crowd gathered on the pier in spite of the weather. The throng of people had come to wish their loved ones a solemn farewell, some possibly for the last time. It wasn't hard to find Becky, Carl, Jeanna and Lauren, the banner they had made was easy to see.

The bus pulled to a stop, having brought us from Camp Pendleton to the Naval base in San Diego. Before we got off the bus, we were told we have 20 minutes to say our goodbyes.

When Becky saw me, she dropped her end of the banner and ran to me, leaping into my arms. We hugged and kissed for a while, not even acknowledging the others. When I turned to the group, Ryan had come over to see Lauren.

I hugged Carl and Jeanna, giving Jeanna a kiss on the cheek. She was practically glues to Carl's side, and I soon figured out why. Carl had proposed a week before they had come out, buying a very nice diamond for her.

"You be safe over there," Carl said. "I expect letters as often as you can."

"You'll get 'em, all of you will," I said.

"Call or Skype us when you can," Jeanna said.

"I will."

"I expect letters, calls, chat, interaction of some kind first, you know that right?" Becky said.

"Of course my love."

"Andrew," Lauren said. "You keep those boys safe. Bring Ryan home to me, understand?"

"Yes ma'am. I'll bring him back fit as a fiddle."

"You fucking better."

Tyler came over to say his goodbyes, hugging everyone before going to start rounding up the junior Marines.

I hugged Carl, Jeanna and Lauren, telling them not to worry. I stopped before hugging Becky.

"Marry me?" I asked.

"What, no ring?" she asked. "No asking properly?"

"No time. When I get home I'll get you a ring and do it right, I just need an answer before I leave."

She smiled that million dollar smile. That smile that had me hooked from day 1.

"Of course I'll marry you."

I kissed her for I don't know how long. I would have kept going, but I heard someone call for me.

"Anderson, lets go. Waitin on you."

I broke the kiss, tears welling up in our eyes. She knew the dangers, the risks. She would bear them proudly.

"I gotta go babe," I said.

"Goodbye my love," she said through the tears.

"Not goodbye. Goodbye is forever. I'll see you later beautiful."

"See you later handsome."

We got situated in out berthing, stowing our gear in the lockers and coffin racks before heading up to the flight deck of the USS Bonhomme Richard. Each of us took our position between a pair of sailors and manned the rails as we left the harbor.

I could see Becky and the group, waving small American flags and holding the banner high with pride. The words "Give em hell Sergeant Anderson, we love you!" written in big red letters.

The ship left San Diego, passing under the Coronado bridge and out into the open waters. Most of the men had gone inside to tend to their work, but Tyler joined me outside on the smoke deck. We stood there in silence for a long time, watching the California coastline grow smaller and smaller.

He handed me a cigarette, which at this point I graciously accepted. My eyes were still moist from crying silent tears.

"Just like old times?" he asked with a grin.

"Yeah, just like old times."

**********

I've left this open for an interim story, please send feedback or comment and let me know if y'all would like it to continue. I hope everyone enjoyed it.

I was hesitant to end it, but the untimely passing of the inspiration for Becky has led me to end this series here. She worried for years that I would get called back, and fortunately I never did.

Thank you all for reading. Your support has been helpful and is appreciated.