Becoming Gem Ch. 01: Confidence

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Giving myself a chance to settle, I slowly drank all the water before setting the glass down and leaning back so my forearms were perched on the counter. Damien's eyes washed over me and he cleared his throat. I could feel the tension in the air, and I noticed him take a small step away from me. Hmm...

"So... Gem. I, uh... I don't usually cook for more than myself, so I hope you are okay with soup, salad, and a sandwich," he smiled.

"Sounds perfect." I returned his smile.

"Are you here on vacation with family?" he inquired. Despite having been on the slopes together for about six hours in the past three days, our conversations had mostly been kept to skiing.

"No. I'm here with my roommate and her family for two weeks."

His fingers briefly stopped cutting the vegetables, and he glanced my way. "Roommate?" He paused. "So, you're... in college?"

"Yeah," I said, popping a cherry tomato in my mouth.

"So, you're a freshman? Sophomore?" He started chopping again.

"Freshman."

"Mmm. So, you must be—nineteen?"

"Just about," I answered. "My birthday is in a couple of weeks. What about you? Do you go to school?"

"Not right now. I'm taking a break."

So, that would make you, what? Nineteen?" I asked playfully.

Damien laughed heartily, "No. I'm twenty-two. I finished two years at university and then decided to take a couple years off to make some money and travel... you know, while I'm young. Before I have to get a real job. I worked here last fall and winter, then traveled to Mexico and South America in the summer. I've been here again since September, and I have plans to travel Europe in the spring and summer."

"That sounds amazing! I'd love to go to Europe someday."

I didn't miss him glancing at me, though he quickly focused back to his vegetables. I watched Damien's chest, visibly noticing him draw in a long, deep breath, letting it out slowly while he chopped. I couldn't help wondering what he was thinking.

Despite the few awkward moments in the beginning, we seemed to fall into easy conversation, and chatted throughout dinner. After placing the dishes in the sink, Damien pushed his hair back with both hands and announced, "I'm gonna get a quick shower. Umm... the satellite TV doesn't work when it storms, but I have some movies if you want to watch one. Or there are some books and other stuff on the shelf by the fireplace. You can help yourself," he suggested before heading down the hall.

After Damien had gone, I was left alone with my thoughts. I walked around the room, studied the few photos that were displayed, and checked out the book titles on the shelf by the fireplace. I couldn't help but think about the situation. There I was, stranded in a cabin in the woods while the snow piled up outside and the fire crackled inside, a romantic glow cast about the room. It got me thinking again about just what Damien and I could do that evening...

I shook the thought away with a sigh and decided to do the dishes. The cabin didn't have a dishwasher, so I was just finishing hand-washing the dishes when Damien re-entered the room. His hair was wet and tousled. He was barefoot, wearing a pair of loose, gray lounge pants and the same form-fitting, black, v-neck t-shirt from earlier.

My chest fluttered when he crossed the room. There was no denying that I was attracted to him. I watched him cross the room. The way he looked me over, the hint of a smile on his lips, the nervousness I thought I detected when his chest rose and fell. It seemed that maybe—just maybe—he was feeling the same way.

Joining me in the kitchen, Damien leaned on the island, crossing his arms and legs. "Thank you for cleaning the dishes, but you didn't have to do that," he smiled.

"Yes, I did. And you're welcome," I chirped, smirking, and turned around to face him after drying my hands on the towel. "Thank you for dinner."

His eyes crinkled. "It was just soup and a sandwich."

"Well... I should probably thank you for saving us out there tonight, too" I said softly, walking the few paces to close the distance between us. Placing a hand on his bicep. I tipped my head slightly to the side with a smirk.

Damien stayed stock still, his eyes locked onto mine. The fire smoldering there was undeniable.

Oh, what that fire in his eyes did to me. And just like that, those thoughts I was having a little earlier about what Damien and I could do that evening, returned, and I felt a sudden desire to kiss him. I surprised myself a little. Having no experience in the dating arena, I would have thought I would be scared or nervous. Well... I was a little nervous, but mostly, I was excited by the idea of kissing him.

Inching a little closer, I purred, "And, for being such a good ski instructor." My heart was pounding. I mustered up all my courage and decided I was just going to go for it. "I bet you're good at other things, too," I whispered, just before I rose on my tiptoes, leaned into him and pressed my lips to his, in a gentle kiss.

When our lips first met, he didn't move. I felt a zing of panic in my chest, and was about to pull away when his lips softened, responded, and he kissed me back. A flood of relief washed over me.

Our kiss continued. Damien's crossed arms hesitantly moved first to stroke my upper arms, and then, his hands swept up my neck and cupped my face. His touch was warm and tender, his thumb caressing my cheeks.

Between kisses, Damien mumbled, "You're so beautiful."

"Oh, please," I contradicted, though our lips continued to play.

Damien nipped my lower lip, "You are." He continued kissing me, and then added, "And sexy."

I couldn't help myself at that. I abruptly broke our embrace. Glancing down at myself, I scowled. "Yeah. Baggy clothing is so sexy," I said with a thick dose of sarcasm.

"You. Have. No. Idea," Damien replied between kisses to my nose, my chin, and my cheeks, his hands sliding down my back and encircling my waist.

"Seriously," I scoffed, leaning my head back to gape at him.

With one hand wound around my waist, and the other exploring the back of my neck, he replied, in a low, husky voice, "A beautiful girl standing in front of me... wearing my clothes? Honey, that's sexy. And the baggy clothes? Mmm. That just makes me want to know what's underneath. And that's hot as hell."

"Oh," I muttered, embarrassed, the ground suddenly looking very interesting. I felt a warmth wash over me and my skin flushed, yet again.

Taking my chin between his thumb and index fingers, Damien beckoned me to look at him.

Reluctantly, I looked into his deep blue eyes. I saw truth. And desire. I swallowed hard and wet my lips, my own desire flooded through my body, warming me on the inside—to the core. I felt it everywhere. The tips of my fingers tingled, the pulse in my neck hammered, my nipples peaked, and the warmth between my legs was something I couldn't ignore. Every fiber of my being wanted him.

Our lips crashed together. As if on autopilot, my hands grasped his neck, and our kisses grew frenzied. Desperate.

Damien held me to him with one hand on the small of my back, my breasts crushed to his chest, and the other hand held the back of my neck, keeping our mouths pressed together. His mouth devoured mine and our mutual desire grew. He dragged his tongue along my lower lip. When I sighed in delight, his tongue slipped between my parted lips, winding together with mine in a rousing, erotic dance.

His hands moved to my waist, and slid up under my shirt. A shiver raced through my body when he dragged his fingers up and down my sides, lightly skimming the sides of my breasts at each pass, causing my breath to hitch in anticipation. I wanted more. My nipples tingled, craving his touch. They rubbed on the fabric of my shirt, which only increasing my arousal. I became very aware of the wet heat and increased sensitivity between my thighs.

After several passes, his hands finally slid up under my breasts, my soft flesh filling his hands, his fingers tenderly exploring the curve of my breasts. When his thumbs brushed over my nipples, I hummed my approval. His thumbs continued rubbing my nipples in a circular motion, and I couldn't help the involuntary moan that escaped. My head dropped back and my eyes closed.

Damien's kisses descended from my mouth to kiss along my jawline, my neck and up to my ear. His fingers continued to work their magic on my nipples. With every flick, pinch, and roll, I felt the fire inside me growing to an inferno.

My body quivered when Damien kissed my neck, right behind my earlobe, and then trailed kisses down my throat, stopping to linger at the base of my neck, in the hollow of my collarbone. Another moan escaped my lips and another electric jolt shook my entire body. I felt like I might melt; my arousal was so piqued from the intensity of the pleasure I was experiencing.

His lips found mine again. Our kisses were greedy and lust-filled, the passion so consuming, it was dizzying. My fingers found the bottom edge of his shirt and pushed it up. Damien needed no more prompting, and he swiftly pulled his shirt up and over his head, tossing it on the counter next to me.

I pulled back to admire him—the defined muscles of his biceps, chest, abs. His body was gorgeous. My fingers floated across his chest, then down his ribcage, where it narrowed slightly to his waist. His skin was warm and silky under my exploring fingers while they glided along.

I realized Damien was watching me, his hands resting on the counter on either side of me. My fingers stilled, resting on his chest, and Damien took the opportunity to grasp my waist and place me on the counter of the island, and I let out a little surprised shriek.

Luring me into a languid kiss, his tongue lingering with mine, he parted my knees and stepped between them so his hips were against the counter, between my thighs. Just the idea of him between my legs made my pulse throb in my throat. I clutched the edge of the counter, just to have something to hold onto.

His fingers moved to the top button of my shirt, slipping it effortlessly through the small hole. The second button followed, then the third. I'd never had a man undress me before. I was a bundle of nerves, both anxious and excited.

With a delicate touch, Damien's fingers pushed the shirt off my shoulders, his soft lips heating my newly exposed skin. His fingers worked another two buttons free. The nervous side of me was nagging me to take the two sides of the shirt and hold them together. But that's not what I really wanted, so I gripped the counter tighter to keep from acting on that impulse.

Instead, I let Damien push the shirt off my other shoulder. I tensed when the shirt fell to expose my breasts to him. Foregoing the kissing, Damien leaned back. I held my breath, watching his eyes slowly rake over by exposed upper body.

"Mmm... You're so beautiful."

Just his voice gave me a chill, though the effect on me elsewhere was completely the opposite. I watched his right hand move up and cup my left breast. He gently kneaded my soft mound, and then held me as though my nipple were an offering for his hungry, descending mouth.

That breath I'd been holding rushed out of me in a lustful cry when he took my nipple between his lips and suckled gently. I arched my back with a groan, my fingers combing through his hair, holding his head to keep his mouth in its place on my nipple. Was it possible to experience anything more pleasurable?

He then took my other nipple and rolled it between his index finger and thumb, and then tugged gently. His mouth continued the sweet torture on my other very sensitive bud, sucking, nipping, and flicking with his tongue. And, well... I learned that more pleasure was, indeed, possible. And oh, hell, it was magnificent.

Just when I thought I couldn't take any more, his mouth released me. My reprieve was short because he took my other nipple in his mouth, and repeated the torture all over on the opposite side.

My breathing was ragged, and I felt slightly dizzy when Damien's mouth finished with my right nipple. But both his hands continued to roll, tug and gently pinch my nipples. His attentions had me so tightly wound, that I sobbed—wanting it to stop. And wanting it to never stop at the same time.

Just then, the lights in the room flickered several times, and then went dark, which broke the embrace between us, looking around the room.

"Power's out," mumbled.

"Mmhmm... What do you say we take this someplace more comfortable?" His voice low and husky.

"Yes," I sighed.

Damien kissed me again, grasping my waist and sliding me off the edge of the counter. I shrugged my shirt back onto my shoulders when my toes touching the chilly floor. Taking my hand, he led me around the kitchen island to the living area.

There was a plush area carpet in the living area, spreading from the sofa to the fireplace, which felt soft and so much warmer than the wood floor. When we passed the sofa, Damien grabbed a couple of large, patchwork quilts that were draped over the arm. When we were several feet from the hearth, he unfurled the quilts, and dropped them to the carpeted floor in a rumpled heap.

The only light came from the fireplace. The only noise, the snapping of the logs in the fire—unless you count the wild beating of my heart. It was warm. Romantic. Sexy.

I took a deep breath and swallowed. Damien ran his fingers over my braid, and then he began to undo it.

"What are you doing?"

"Letting your hair out."

"Why?"

"Because I find a woman's tousled hair sexy. Very sexy," he said, while he finished untwisting my braid.

Grabbing my waist, he pulled me to him, and right into a torrid kiss. His hands skimmed my waist, and then slipped under the waistband of my pants. Still that underlying nervousness, I squirmed a little, but there wasn't anywhere to go. He had me tightly in his embrace, and his tongue was doing things that were making it difficult to think.

His hands fondled the curves of my buttocks and hips, and before I knew what was going on, the too-big sweatpants that I was wearing, were pooled around my ankles. I let out a shocked gasp, realizing that I was naked from the waist down.

Ohmygod. This is really going to happen.

Realizing that he had unbuttoned the last of my shirt buttons while I was still reeling from the shock of the pants. A wave of anxiety rolled through me, and this time, I grabbed the two sides of the shirt, and held them together at the neck.

When was the right time to tell him I'd never done this before? Was this the right time? It seemed as good a time as any. But... what if I tell him and he stops the whole thing? I tried to swallow the nervous lump that had formed in my throat. I was so tied up in knots I felt like I might cry.

Hold it together, Gem.

Damien's hands gently took hold of mine, his thumbs drawing little patterns on the backs of mine, and he leaned in to kiss me again, but I braced my hands lightly on his chest.

"Damien..."

He sensed my unease right away. I could see the concern in his eyes, and he titled his head and replied, "You okay?"

"Yeah," I said hurriedly. I didn't want him to get the wrong idea that I didn't want this. "I just..."

"What is it, Gem?" he asked, brushing a stay curl from my face.

I sighed, "I'm just a little nervous. I—I've never done this before." My voice sounded meeker than I wanted it to.

"Oh. Wow," he muttered, raising his eyebrows. Stroking my hair, he smiled genuinely and took a step back. "We don't have to do this."

My stomach fluttered. Please don't back out. I stepped up to him, taking his face between my palms, and looked up into his eyes pleadingly. There was a shadow over most of his face, but I could tell that I had his undivided attention. I pulled him toward me, and whispered, "Don't stop," just before I kissed his lips with every bit of passion I was feeling.

Damien groaned against my mouth, our lips and tongues melting together. My hands slid down to his neck, and then his shoulders. Our kiss morphed into a dizzying frenzy. I tipped my hips and pressed my body to his just to prove what I meant. That gesture was enough for Damien to stop kissing me, though he didn't move away. His arms wound around my back and neck, my body was firmly pressed to his.

His mouth was still so close to mine that I could feel his breath on my face, his hands moving to my waist.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," I whispered, without hesitation.

Damien took in a big breath and sighed before he responded. "We don't have to do anything you don't want to. We can stop whenever you want, okay?"

I nodded.

"You still want to do this?"

Taking a deep breath, I nodded again.

"Then—I want to see you. All of you," he smirked, taking hold of the two sides of my shirt again.

I focused on his shoulder. He took a small step back, still holding my shirt where it was, hanging loosely, covering my breasts.

"Look at me," he requested.

I did, taking a slow, deliberate breath in and out.

With my eyes locked on his, Damien parted my shirt, letting it fall off my shoulders and down my arms. And then it was on the floor. Taking my chin in one hand, he gently kissed me just once before he ran his hands up and down my arms, his eyes raking over me.

I wanted to be the confident woman. Strike a sexy pose. But inside, part of me wanted to use my hands to cover myself. No. I didn't want to be that timid, self-conscious girl any longer. So, I steeled myself and tried to stand confidently while that sexy man checked out my naked body.

"Mmm," he growled. And then he wrapped me in his arms and kissed me hard. His lips continued to ravage mine, and I realized his hands were no longer on me. I heard a rustling noise, and then felt a breeze on my legs. Before I opened my eyes, I knew it must have been his pants. When I peeked down to confirm it, I hadn't been prepared to see him naked. I was thinking about the pants, not his fully naked form, with the proof of his desire standing tall and proud.

I jolted a little, gasping at the sight of him. It looked a pretty good size to me, though I had nothing to compare to. I glanced at Damien, and he grinned. In a nervous habit, I tucked some hair behind my ear and looked back down at his erection. That was going to go inside me? Woah.

Stepping forward, Damien took my hand in his, rubbing his thumb on the back of my mine before slowly moving our hands to his engorged cock. My fingers trembled slightly, but his hand stayed firmly covering mine, guiding it up and down the length of him.

After a few passes, he moved my hand down and cupped his testicles, giving them a gentle squeeze, and then moving back to his shaft and sliding up and down. Damien groaned, and I couldn't help smirking to myself, knowing that I was giving him that pleasure.

Our hands moved up to the head, and he took my index finger and drew a circle around the underside of the ridge, and then up the cleft in the underside. He let me know just how good it felt with a bellowed moan, and his hand fell away from mine.

My stomach clenched while I stood there with my hand on him, and nothing to guide me. I swallowed, and then used my thumb to draw a spiral up the head, hearing another approving groan. I moved my hand up and down his shaft several times again, then Damien grasped my hand, stopping me.

"That's enough," he said gruffly.

His eyes seemed darker, his cheeks slightly colored. He took hold of my waist and neck, guided me to my knees, gently lowering my back onto the quilt. He knelt and lay down on my right, his legs next to mine, and his torso over me. The quilts were softer than I'd expected, and I didn't feel any of the hardness of the floor below me.