Becoming the Alpha Wolf

Story Info
Derec learns a family secret and has to step up.
7.8k words
3.73
8.8k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimer -

This is a work of fiction and may contain scenes of explicit sex. Any resemblance to actual places, persons, or events is coincidental. All characters are over 18 years of age. If you are not of the legal age or location to read adult stories, or are uncomfortable with erotic type themes, please stop reading now and close this document. That being said, this is a story that happens to occasionally have sex in it. If you want a gratuitous sex story than this is not for you, especially at the start of this work. For the weaker minded, this is a fictional story so werewolves and shifters are not real. No animals were hurt in the writing of this story.

*****

"Damn" My shoulder started ache where it just landed in the bathroom stall door.

"Leave me the fuck alone Brock!" I shouted in defense.

"Why? Is the choir boy too much of a sissy to do something?" Brock taunted.

Damn I hate dealing with this eighteen-year-old Neanderthal. Just once I want to punch him back but I know that when I get home the real punishment would begin.

I might be a singer, and have loved it since I was in the third grade, but at 17 years old 6 foot five with a solid body I was also the envy of football coaches everywhere. My only problem... I was always expected to be careful of my strength and punished hard if I got to physical. I don't know why, but all the men in my family are really big and really strong. Brocks shove, more annoying than painful, was little of nothing, but not being able to retaliate was just pissing me off.

"Just look at you Derec, taking it like a bitch!" Brock taunted even more as he threw my backpack into the toilet and pushed me into the stall after.

"Maybe next time you'll get some balls and fight me back... But I doubt It." he sneered as he walked away.

"Fuck!" I cried out with frustration as I punched the floor before picking up my soaking wet backpack. Just one time is all it would take and that football jock would be changed from the school stud to the bitch he called me.

The rest of my classes went well as time passed till lunch but I was still fuming. Overall, I enjoyed my senior year at Northwest High School in the mountains of North Georgia. At the bottom tip of the Appalachian Mountains, I lived in a beautiful forested and mountainous area that had lots of outdoor Wonder. I took all the regular High School classes but love taking the forestry and woodland biology classes that were offered specifically to our area. I was getting excited as school was pretty much done for the year and only a camping trip for the seniors and then graduation was left.

"Derec" a call interrupted my thoughts as I sat to eat. Instantly I started to feel calmer over the incident early that day. "Only one week man, until the best trip ever!"

Looking over, my best friend Tim walked over with his usual lady entourage of Jill, Joan and Jannett, otherwise affectionately known as the triplets. All three were 17 years old, with beautiful long red hair and startling green eyes. The three turn heads wherever they went with a luscious body that had curves in all the right spots. At 5 foot 10in tall they looked like fine goddesses.

I just didn't understand why they were always around Tim. I mean, I was needing some one on one time with my bro sometime to talk about my earlier problem.

Finishing up the crew was our friend John and a newcomer to the school Patrick. As they sat down, I kept my eyes on Patrick. Whereas Tim was short 5 foot 4 in tall, Patrick rivaled me at six foot three inches tall. Opposites in every way, Tim was a golden blond with interesting green eyes and a lean body. Patrick who was the only one in our group already 18, was dark-haired like me but had blue eyes to my Hazel and was built like a well-balanced athletic stud. I swear I also saw flakes of gold in his eyes but that must have been just the light.

Anyways, I returned my attention to what Tim was saying. "So, I just got the tent assignments from Mr. Baker." Thank God, I've been nervous at who our forestry teacher was grouping us up with. "It's good and bad news. You, me, Patrick, and... Brock. Now, I already talked to Mr. Baker and ask for John but he said the decision was final. Sorry man." He said purposely looking at me.

As the week passed I braced myself for dealing with Brock. Frustrated, I went to get advice from the one person who never let me down. "Dad, I have a problem."

"Go ahead pup."

I always found his pet name for me funny even though it didn't make sense. So I began, "My forestry trip this year has a hike through the mountains around here and we're camping together. My problem is that a bully from school is my tent mate. You have never let me get physical with another when I'm angered, but Brock doesn't respond to anything else. How do I handle this situation?" I pleaded.

"Son," he said seriously, and I look directly into his eyes. He only ever called me son if he was very serious. "We need to have separate conversation about controlling your anger and why I have given you the rules that I have. That has to wait till later. All I can recommend for now is that you keep your other friends, especially Tim, close so that the problems will be minimal. Violence will never be an option for you other than a last resort."

I nodded my head is he continued, "I'll talk with Zak, I mean Mr. Baker. We know each other and he will look after the situation." I nodded as he left the felt that little had been achieved. I don't know, maybe I just wanted permission to smack the evil smile off Brock's face, but that permission wasn't given. What now?" I moaned.

The day arrived without any more incidents with Brock. I had been very careful to stay surrounded with friends while at school. Tim, Patrick, and I were busy with final packing preparations while John was over with his group. Looking over at John's group, I watched as he smoothly moved from partner to partner ensuring everything was set. His 6-foot frame was surprisingly fast and sleek. I guess being a soccer player helped him. His nondescript brown hair and brown eyes made him blend in as an average kid but when you watch closely you saw a smart, efficient, and there is a predator underneath. His only weakness, was that he had fallen for the triplets, and I couldn't even say which one he was drooling for more.

"Hey Derec," my mind jolted back to the present. "Where is Brock? I am not dealing with his packing." Tim stated.

Normally the easygoing, lovable guy didn't usually let his temper show, but ever since my first run-in with Brock in 9th grade while Tim was in the wings, Tim had it out for Brock. Knowing he wouldn't win, Tim normally avoided. Then again, something happened that Time won't talk about last year to make Tim even angrier with Brock. None of us trusted Brock and this just added to the frustration of having him as a partner on this trip.

Patrick nodded agreement with Tim.

"I don't know, maybe we're lucky and he is staying home." I said hopefully. No sooner than said, Patrick responded" you spoke too soon." Damn, there he was sauntering up to us as if we were there to serve him.

"Y'all get everything packed? I expect we will go out first. We better do this quick so that we get the best choice of camp sites." He said with his usual smile sneer. Lord bless Patrick at that moment, as he jumped in saying. "If you pull your weight, will be ready."

Brock eyed us but then started packing. Maybe it would be an okay weekend after all.

Mr. Baker called everyone over. He decided to set our ground rules and gave us other basic information.

"Remember we're all working together on this trip. Everyone pulls their share of the work."

I almost laughed as he eyed Brock when making these comments.

"Keep your eyes peeled for everything you are collecting on your list. Now, Take 5 minutes to assign tasks: Leader, Gatherer, Spotter, and Collector." he said.

Instantly tension gripped me as Brock called out to be the leader. "Fraid not." said Patrick smoothly. "Team means agreement and I know we don't want or need you as the leader."

Brock bristled and looked at all of us. I quickly spoke trying to head off a confrontation. "I know Patrick has great eyes for spotting things in the forest." My friends had taken a couple of many trips this week to practice. We already determined that I would lead, Patrick would spot, Tim was great at Gathering, and John was good at collecting and organizing... Too bad we had Brock rather than John.

Brock just looked at us. "Fine." He said. "What do you think I should do?" Ever the Peacemaker and politician, Patrick shared. "How about you be the collector. You'll be in charge of keeping us organized."

"Whatever." Brock sneered.

"Tim, you'll be the gatherer and that makes Derec the leader." Patrick continued. Brock snorted at that.

At this point I took over.

"Alright, line order will be Patrick scouting ahead, I'll be in the front, Tim in the middle, and Brock at the end. "

"Of course I will." Brock snarled.

"It makes the best sense for our project." I stated firmly. "Do you have a better idea?" I roughly questioned him.

"Whatever." he blurted." Let's get this over with."

Unlike a normal hike, this trip required us to go separate routes marked on a map. We were going to meet up at a predetermined campsite each afternoon. As the leader, I was in charge of orienteering or leading us to our destination. As we began, I saw John and his group had North, the triplets and their friend Daniela went more East, while our map had us leaving on a route between them. Within minutes we were deep in the quiet of the forest. Quiet, other than Brock's whining of course. "Damn bugs. Do you even know where you're going?" For some reason, I was getting pissed off at him. More than the usual.

"Shut up Brock!" Tim said back to him. I cooled a little at Tim defending me verbally, but it was short-lived.

"Don't let the branch hit me you bitch boy. Now get out of my fuckin' way." He yelled at Tim as he pushed him into a tree in passing.

"Ahh." Was all I heard from Tim as he fell.

"Such a pansy." Brock scoffed.

Instantly my mind so red!

"I'm going to teach you to show me respect. I'm tired of you to never listening!" Brock continued as he started kicking the fallen boy.

I growled as I turned back to help protect Tim from Brock, but a painful sensation had taken over. Feeling like I was being ripped apart my mind was frantic to help him. As the pain subsided, I growled more and more and turn to find Tim.

At first I saw Brock kicking Tim on the ground. When he looked up at me, his eyes got big and he started to run yelling, "What the fuck is that?" I leaped to Tim's aid and scratched his side while trying to turn him over. Where are my hands? I wondered, but after hearing his heartbeat and finding a little blood where Brock had hurt him, my hunting instincts kicked in. Someone had hurt what's mine! He must pay! Lifting my head I howled... It was on!

With a last look back at Tim, I saw Patrick arriving to help him.

"Oh shit!" Was all I heard from Patrick as I leapt after Brock.

Within a few moments of tracking his smell, my instincts had me catching up to a frantically running Brock. "Help!" He yelled.

Hell no! Thought went through my mind reinforced by an unusual growling sound. He hurt him. He must be punished. Finally, I pounced upon his back bringing him to the ground. Thoughts of payback ran through my mind. Releasing him with claw marks now scratched on his back, I disappeared into the brush to get a better attack angle if he kept going.

Frantically trying to stand again, he didn't see when I ran by snapping in his legs and sending them to the ground again.

"Please stop!" He cried. "I'm sorry, just let me go!" he pleaded piteously. He hurt Tim, and there must be a punishment. That was all that went through my mind. I pounced again, but this time put my teeth on the nape of his neck and held him pushed face first into the ground.

"Stop!" Ring out from the forest. There was Patrick helping an injured Tim limp into the meadow. I growled but held my teeth still on Brock's neck.

"I know he hurt him, but you must let him live. This isn't how our pack must start!" Patrick pleaded.

I froze. Pack? Thoughts of family, friends, Tim. they all started to break through the red Haze of my thoughts. Wait claws, teeth. What am I? Suddenly, I let Brock go. For now. With a dizzy feeling and a little bit of pain I stood up and looked at Patrick.

"What am I?"

"The Alpha Wolf" Patrick stated.

"What!" I asked Patrick." You have finally changed into your werewolf form. Not only that but you are an alpha, the leader of a pack." Patrick stated calmly. "But why?" I queried and Patrick responded. "You were always going to be a werewolf. You are a born one. Your dad had to wait until you turned at 18 to tell you. However, your concern for Tim made you change early. Your dad brought me from another pack to help you understand. If you agree, I will be your beta wolf, your assistant, ambassador, advisor and trusted friend."

"What if I want him instead?" I asked pointing toward Tim. Patrick laughed, "First, betas are big, mean, and second only to the alpha in strength. Would this description fit Tim? I don't think so... Secondly, Tim, if he wolfs out will already have a position with you."

"What's that?" I say belligerently. "Under you," Patrick snickered, "He will be in an omega. I can tell by his smell. He is meant to be yours. Your lover and best friend. However you must protect him as his Omega smell draws others to try and take him." I moved over to Tim and put my arm around him to comfort him. Even Patrick's notion that I was attracted to another guy didn't really bother me at all. I a weird way, I felt another presence agreeing with his statement.

"What should I do now, Brock saw me as a wolf and Tim is injured?" I pleaded. Patrick thought for a moment, "We need to get to Mr. Baker, he is part of your dad's pack and can help us with Tim. As for Brock, you have clawed and marked him enough for him to turn. He is now your responsibility. Also he smells Rogue. That means we must ensure he is controlled once he changes one way or another. Unfortunately, his past has probably already set his attitude for the future."

After a minute of thinking. "Well, let's go deal with this problem."

Somehow, smells seemed sharper now. Maybe it's my wolf side but I could sense more. I even seemed to see clearer and farther. As we traveled, I made sure to finish our project. I knew Tim and Brock were injured, but I felt I couldn't let the group down even with all the turmoil. Patrick was a big help and by the end of the hike, our project was completed. We entered the camping area as different men mentally, but thankfully the others only noticed the external injuries and changes.

Mr. Baker was over at once and I noticed his eyes flash golden instead of their normal brown. "I see we need to talk." Was all he said as I nodded. "Patrick take Tim and Brock two different tents and tend to their wounds." Mr. Baker and I wandered into the forest. "So," he started "tell me what happened. Oh, congratulations by the way!" I said thanks and then told him my whole story even adding the issues I had with Brock in the past. He just looked at me for a minute. "Okay, not good but not all bad either. First off, you will have to talk with your dad. I would recommend that you do this with Tim around you so that you will stay calm. Two Alphas in a room or not a great thing." He said.

"But we're family," I cried.

"I know, but now you will have to leave and start your own pack and your relationship with him will change." He calmly explained.

With a sigh I said, "Well what else, you said first, that implies other steps."

He smiled, "Isn't that enough? Well, Tell your dad, then we will discuss the next steps."

Mr. Baker called my dad and arrange to have him meet me in Tim's tent. "Hi Dad." I sighed.

Pup," he said. I snickered as it now all made sense. He sheepishly grinned. "Now you know. I have waited a long time to talk freely with you. Firstly, let me set some ground rules so that we don't attack each other: 1. You have to move out." My jaw dropped as he continued, "2. We mostly need to talk by phone with your mom or Tim around if possible, 3. Remember that I will always love you son!" He finished with a proud but sad grin. "Your change has made you become a man officially. Now you have to make choices that will affect your future and your packs as well." I cringed. "But I don't have a pack yet!" He smiled. "What about Tim, Patrick, and even Brock. Whether you like it or not, Brock's changing is your responsibility and he is in your pack. The others I'm sure are going to want to join." He said.

My frustration began showing as I began, "I understand about Brock although I do need some advice, but you sent Patrick. He already knew about me, how can I trust him since he kept that secret from me?"

Dad sighed, "I knew you would need help. He is from a long line of born wolves and needed a place away from his family. He turned early at 16 and has seen the world of pack living. But, not being an alpha and yet strong, caused him grief. You are the perfect answer for him and I know he will be loyal. Trust me this once as a gift to help you start your pack." He pleaded.

"Okay Dad." I smiled. "What do I do about Tim? Patrick said he was an Omega and mine in a way that I didn't even know." I questioned.

"What does your wolf want?" He replied simply.

"It wants him a lot!" I was surprised by the strength of the answer.

"Congratulations then!" He said firmly making me smile. "Make him yours. I'll always be proud of you, no matter what!"

When I return to the camp site, I heard Brock yelling at Patrick and Mr. Baker. "You better let me go! No crazy man animal thing will control me." Luckily, my campsite was far away from the others.

I walked up to the tent and when I entered everyone froze seeing the resolution on my face. "Thank you for your help Mr. Baker, my pack will be staying here in the morning to help Tim and Brock get better. We will see you again at graduation." I stated with cold eyes glaring at Brock.

Mr. Baker grinned and responded "That's fine. I'll see you then. Oh by the way, Brock is an orphan, lives on his own now that he's 18 and no one is looking for him." He said ominously.

Brock's eyes bulged from fear at the statement. It could be that my smile didn't help either. I started, "Brock your stupidity has had a consequence. You will be changing into an animal like us as you so rudely put it. More specifically a wolf. You have also hurt Tim and caused him to have to wolf out also. In the past, I wasn't allowed to get physical with you due to my dad's orders. That's at an end!"

He glared at me but there was fear too.

I continued, "You have a choice, join my pack as a friend or we can battle it out and I will pick your place in the pack."

Still the bully, he challenged me with threats about what his wolf would do to me and my friends.

Clearly enraged at me, I persisted and warned him that if he shared with anyone about our being wolves before graduation night, which was the next full moon, then his consequences on losing would be worse. He just smirked and sulked off for home. Damn I wanted to hurt him again. I knew he was too proud to run away, but I didn't want the responsibility for him that was thrust onto me.

The next week was terrible. Since my wolf had come out, I started to crave time with Tim. I wanted Tim badly, but he was recovering and still adjusting to the fact that he would have to Wolf out at the full moon. This was only made worse by the fact that Tim was unaware of his new status for when he changed. To Tim, we were really close best friends, to me, he was mine.