Becoming Veronica Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

From across the living room I heard footstep almost bounding up the stairs from my building's foyer. A moment later a light knock on my door. I slowly opened the door. Angelo stood before me looking more handsome then I'd remembered from our first meeting earlier in the week. He held on hand behind his back.

"Good evening Veronica sorry I'm a little late." Angelo offered.

"You are late but I'll forgive you this one time Angelo." I said with a smile on my ruby red lips.

Angelo's smile widened as he said, "Actually Veronica you're the reason I'm late."

"How is that possible?" I asked.

"Well you see I had to stop on my way over here to get you these." He said as he bought his hidden hand around front holding the most beautiful bouquet of yellow roses I'd ever seen.

"Oh my god their so beautiful Angelo!" I exclaimed bringing my hands up to gently caress the arrangement between my fingers. I leaned forward as Angelo tilted the blossoms toward me so I could inhale the incredible fragrance of the flowers.

"Come in Angelo." I said moving slightly to one side so he could slip by me and enter my apartment. As he stepped by he handed me the bouquet and I leaned to him and give him a thank you kiss on the cheek.

"Do you have a vase for them Veronica?" He asked. I replied, "Yes let me get it from the kitchen."

As I walked to the kitchen Angelo said, "By the way Veronica you look absolutely ravishing tonight. I love the red dress baby."

I quickly found the only vase I had and filled it part way with water and arranged the roses. Angelo watched me intently as I carried the vase and his gift back to the living room and placed them on the table that served as a dinning room in our small apartment.

"Angelo you're the first man who's ever bought me flowers." I admitted. "I love them thank you so much." I added.

What I didn't tell him was that not only did I love the roses, but I also loved the idea of him buying me gifts something that I could get used to very quickly.

He was smiling widely at me the entire time watching me move about the small apartment and clearly enjoying how I moved.

"Veronica you're more beautiful then all the roses in the city. I should be thanking you looking so incredible." He offered.

As I moved closer to him his eyes roamed all over my body finally returning to my eyes.

"I can't wait to hold you in my arms on the dance floor Veronica." He said.

I moved to within a few inches of him and slid my hands up his chest to his shoulders. Angelo's hands came to rest on my hips as I whispered, "Baby this isn't a dance floor but I'd love to feel your arms around me now."

He slowly circled my waist with his strong hands and pulled me against his body. I let my sexy curves mold to his firm torso and pressed my full breasts against him.

His nose nuzzled into my hair and I heard him inhale deeply. "You smell beautiful baby." He said.

Angelo's strong but gentle hug felt so good. I instantly felt so comfortable being in his arms and his presence.

"We better get going Veronica or I'll be the only man staring at your incredible beauty tonight." Angelo whispered.

I was sure that if I had said the word Angelo would have stripped me of my sexy red dress and made love to me all night. But I want to be seen with him, I wanted to be his lady tonight. I wanted every man who saw us to be jealous of Angelo for having such a sensual woman on his arm.

"Yes let's go Angelo I'm feeling very good and have been looking forward to tonight since Wednesday." I said.

"Okay baby let's Hit the Town." He said.

As soon as Angelo and I walked out into the night air his driver jumped out and rounded the car to open the door for us. The same man who hardly gave me a second glance a few nights earlier was now staring intently at me as I approached with his boss. His wide grin acknowledging that he liked women with curves and large soft breasts.

Angelo side stepped and offered me his hand as I slipped onto the wide leather seat. I slid across to the other side allowing my dress to slip up showing off more of my shapely legs to entice my date.

As he stepped in his eyes were fixed on the exposed knee and silk stocking that covered it. He smiled and let his gaze linger on that sexy leg.

I didn't move to cover my leg as I slid closer to him after he was seated. His hand slid over and gently came to rest on my thigh giving me a soft squeeze. I knew he felt the top of my stocking and the garter clip that held it in place on my sexy leg.

"Hmmmmmm that feels very inviting Veronica." Angelo said before his driver got in the front seat.

I giggled and replied, "It's supposed to Angelo."

"Where to Sir?" Angelo's driver asked.

Angelo's reply was, "Sardi's Vince."

"Very good Mr. Pulgasi." Vince replied slipping the car into gear and pulling away from the curb.

I couldn't believe my ears. Turning to him I smiled and said, "We're going to Sardi's baby!"

"Nothing but the best for my ladies Veronica." He said.

Since it opened several years before Sardi's had become one of the trendiest restaurants in New York. All the wealthy members of the city's upper class dinned there. To be seen at Sardi's was to die for, and I had the added advantage of being seen there with one of New York's up and coming gentleman.

I placed my hand over his which was still resting gently on my thigh and pressed his palm down firmer into the soft silk covered flesh. "You certainly know how to impress me Angelo." I whispered. "And I love being one of your ladies too." I added giving his hand a squeeze.

During the fairly short drive to Sardi's I kept my hand on his effectively trapping it against my leg. His soft caresses excited me and I wanted him to feel free to caress me anytime he liked. I also wanted him to know that if he was going to lavish me with such incredible gifts I would return the favor and give him my sumptuous body.

Vince guided the car to a stop directly in front of Sardi's bright red canopy which extended from the building to the curb. An older gentleman dressed in a doorman's uniform quickly walked to the door and opened it.

"You ready Veronica?" Angelo asked.

"Baby I've been preparing for this night my whole life." I replied.

His smile warmed me as he turned and slid out of the car to the sidewalk.

"Evening Sir." The doorman said.

"Hello Frankie." Angelo replied.

Frankie turned his attention to me reaching into the back seat and offering me his hand as I slid across the seat and stepped from Angelo's car. His broad smile letting me know he enjoyed the view of my legs as I slid toward him.

I smoothed my dress down my thighs as Angelo handed Frankie a crisp twenty dollar bill.

"Thank you sir." He said. Frankie knew the rules about using last names on the street and Angelo rewarded him more for knowing then opening the door and helping me out of the car.

I turned toward the huge wooden door and let my arm slip into Angelo's locking elbows with my handsome date.

Frankie scurried past and pulled the door open for us.

Sardi's is incredible. It's lavishly furnished with the finest tables chairs and circular booths along one wall. Each occupied table glowed with a single long white candle the deep almost maroon table cloths perfectly hanging toward the equally dark colored carpet. The walls are adorned with numerous incredible paintings and tapestries. Fine sterling silver place settings were arranged perfectly and a uniquely folded napkin separating the forks from spoons resting on a delicate china salad plate. With out doubt this is the finest restaurant I've ever seen let alone dine in.

"Good evening Sir." The maitre d' said as we approached him.

"Evening Mario how are you tonight?" Angelo asked.

Mario replied, "I'm very well Angelo Your usual table tonight sir?"

"Yes that'll be fine." Angelo answered.

Mario offered me his arm which I cheerfully accepted allowing him to escort me to our table. Angelo followed behind and I expect he enjoyed watching my hips sway seductively as I walked with Sardi's maitre d'.

Several men took notice of Angelo and my arrival some nodding their approval to Angelo, and some just staring as I strolled by.

Mario escorted me to a somewhat private booth with a circular table and curved bench seat. As he released my arm Angelo reached for and gently took my hand in his as Mario pulled the table forward giving Angelo and I room to slide into the leather upholstered bench. From opposite sides we slid together at the back of the bench and Mario slid the table back in place after which he produced a book of matches and lit the single white candle on our table.

Placing the matches on the table beside a crystal ash tray Mario said, "Enjoy your dinner madam."

Angelo took my hand in his and whispered, "I hope this table is to your liking Veronica?"

"It's perfect Angelo." I replied, "I like sitting close together." I added with a devilish grin on my lips.

As we waited for the wine steward to arrive I tried to make small talk with Angelo wanting to get to know more about this handsome Italian.

"I hope I didn't over do it as Mario escorted us to our table Angelo?" I asked.

He giggled and replied, "Absolutely not Veronica I enjoyed watching you walk almost as much as every other man in the place."

"So you like the way I move my hips baby?" I asked as I withdrew a cigarette from my purse and inserted it into my long holder.

Angelo reach for the book of matches struck one and cupped it between his gentle hands. As he moved it to the tip of my cigarette he said, "Actually Veronica I was paying more attention to the way your hair bounces when you walk then how your hips sway."

My smile widened as I inhaled deeply lighting my cigarette drawing smoke into my lungs filling them and causing my breasts to lift seductively against the fabric of my red dress. I had decided that I would flirt with Angelo at each and every opportunity hoping he would respond with just that kind of compliment.

Angelo drew the match close to his lips and blew softly extinguishing it. I paid close attention to his lips wondering if I'd have an opportunity to kiss their fullness later in the evening.

Sardi's wine steward distracted my attention as he approached carrying a bottle. Even during probation this kind of up scale establishment openly served wine with their meals apparently having paid off the local law enforcement officers, or because the politicians were giving special treatment when they dined at Sardi's.

Addressing Angelo he said, "Your usual Merlot Sir?"

Angelo glanced at me as if he was seeking my approval.

"I love merlot baby." I said.

With a nod of his head Angelo let the steward know that his offering would be fine. As he skillfully removed the cork the steward turned his attention to me. I could feel his eyes roaming over my upper torso as he worked. I inhaled deeply again on my cigarette and blew smoke in his direction as I flipped my blonde tresses behind my shoulder. He realized that I'd caught him staring at my tits and blushed slightly.

The cork slipped from the bottle with a slight popping sound. Angelo reached for it and held it beneath his nostrils savoring the scent of the wine. Nodding his approval the steward offered Angelo a tiny sip. Angelo swished it around his palate, swallowed and said, "Perfect as usual Giuseppe."

I almost giggled out loud when Angelo mentioned the steward's name wondering if my handsome date knew anyone who isn't Italian.

Giuseppe filled my crystal wine glass before turning his attention to Angelo's and the placing the bottle in the black leather cork lined ice bucket he had placed within Angelo's reach.

"Enjoy your dinner madam." He said just before he turned and walked away.

Instead of replying to him I turned to the sexy gentleman seated next to me and whispered, "I'm enjoying every second baby."

Angelo smiled widely and lifted his wine glass toward me. Clinking it against mine he offered a toast. "Here's to what I hope is a romantic and exciting evening Veronica."

As Angelo and I sat there enjoying our wine flirting and making small talk I noticed a rather portly gentlemen seated half way across the room with a silver haired woman. I assumed she was his wife. He was constantly looking in our direction clearly trying to get Angelo's attention without his spouse noticing.

"Hey baby I think that man over there is trying to get your attention." I said.

Angelo glanced toward the man then returned his attention to me saying, "He's a customer of mind Veronica. Probably wondering how much a night with you would cost him."

Angelo had slipped up, in one sentence he'd let me know that he was in charge of the Giovanni family brothels. I now began wondering if he'd wanted me as his date or a perspective employee and if he showed off his new employees in the same way he was showing me off tonight.

"Cost him Angelo?" I asked.

Angelo had already realized what he'd said and its possible implications. He turned to me and took my hand in his.

"Veronica I'm so sorry!" Angelo paused. "I guess I should explain some things to you. First baby I have to tell you that my family is involved in prostitution. We own several brothels and yes I'm responsible for managing those places." He said.

I paid very close attention to what Angelo was telling me and kept constant eye contact to see if I could detect even the slightest hint of a lie coming from him.

"But Veronica please believe me when I tell you that my interest in you has absolutely nothing to do with that part of my life." Angelo said.

His words sounded sincere and his eyes seemed to confirm his honesty as I continued to listen to him intently.

"All of our girls are high class call girls Veronica. I do occasionally take a new girl out to show her off to perspective clients." He continued.

I interrupted his explanation to ask, "So that fat bastard who's been staring at me since we sat down thinks I'm one of your whores?"

"I'm so sorry Veronica. I should have told you this up front but I was afraid you might now accept my invitation for a date if you knew about this." Angelo said sounding even more sincere than his earlier statement.

I took his hand in mine and looked him sternly in the eyes before I said, "Angelo I don't care one bit what that bastard thinks, as long as you defend my integrity instantly should he or anyone else approach us about the possibility of using me in that way."

I wanted Angelo to understand that if our relationship was going to continue past this first date that I'd expect him to respect me and demand the same respect from his business clients. If I was going to be his girl I damn sure wanted him to let everyone we come in contact know that I was Angelo's girl and only his girl.

Angelo lifted my hand to his lips and gently kissed the back before he whispered, "Veronica you have my word. I promise baby."

"That's all I wanted to hear Angelo." I said smiling widely at him.

I didn't tell Angelo this but I actually found it quite exciting thinking that all those leering stares would be from men who thought I was one of the Giovanni high priced call girls. And that they could pay a few hundred dollars to fuck me and have me pleasure them for an evening.

Since Angelo hadn't warned me about this possibility before our date I decided to make him squirm a little and have some fun with my new found knowledge about his family business.

Unfortunately my teasing of him would have to wait for a few minutes because our waitress approached the table.

"Good evening Sir. Would you like to look at a menu?" the woman asked.

Angelo replied, "How is the Chicken cordon bleu tonight."

"Exceptional and chef's alfredo sauce is perfect as usual." She replied.

Angelo glanced at me as much as to ask if I needed to see a menu.

"Why don't you order for us baby." I said.

He smiled and said, "Great Veronica." and turned his attention back to the waitress.

"We'll share a bruschetta first, and then we'd like the chicken cordon bleu and a single order of vermicelli alfredo." Angelo told the woman.

"Excellent choice Sir. I'll place your dinner order and bring the bruschetta as soon as it's prepared." She replied.

As soon as the waitress left us alone again Angelo returned his attention to me. I grinned a devilish grin and prepared to turn up the heat on him.

"So Angelo do you fuck all your new whores before you take them out to show them to perspective clients?" I said with a sarcastic tone of voice.

It was then that I discovered that Angelo isn't easily flustered because he instantly replied. "Absolutely baby, how else would I know if we can charge five hundred or a grand for a night with them?"

In my best effort to give him a snappy response I said, "Well what would I bring baby?"

Angelo knew he had me, and leaned close to whisper in my ear, "Don't know Veronica I'd have to fuck you first, but on sheer sex appeal I'd estimate close to a grand." His infectious laugh resounded through out Sardi's.

Angelo has a unique way of making me feel very comfortable. His personality is very fitting for a man of his stature knowing when to be serious and when to be playful. I was fairly certain as I got to know him better I'd find both traits quite appealing.

Our bruschetta arrived and as we shared the spicy appetizer Angelo and I again made small talk but never stopped flirting with each other. Angelo had already discovered that I love being complimented and he took full advantage of his new found discovery.

"Your hair is so soft Veronica." He said as he ran a finger across my forehead moving the wavy hair from my eyes.

He took my hand in his and slowly ran his fingertip over every part of my hand. "You have such delicate fingers, long sleek and perfectly manicured." He said.

Angelo slowly moved his fingertips up my forearm lightly caressing my skin and causing goose bumps to rise along its length.

"Hmmm. I love how gently you touch me Angelo." I said.

Angelo leaned very close to me and whispered softly in my ear. "Veronica I can't wait till I can touch you this gently everywhere."

His words excited me even more than his soft caress. I couldn't wait for those gentle touches either. I turned my head looking deeply into his eyes hoping he would kiss me. My ruby lips moist and warm begging for his first tender kiss. He moved almost imperceptibly closing the miniscule distance between our lips. Just as I was certain a spark of incredible passion was about to jump between our lips our concentration was disrupted by a friendly voice.

"I have your dinner Sir." Our waitress said.

Angelo moved away and smiled, "Anticipation Veronica one of life's strongest emotions." He said letting me know that I'd experience that spark before the night came to an end.

I smiled at him knowing he was nearly as disappointed as I that we couldn't share that first passionate kiss.

Our meal was absolutely delicious tender moist chicken stuffed with equally tender ham and smothered in the most delectable cheese. The vermicelli was perfectly al dente and the creamy alfredo sauce rivaled any I've ever tasted.

I'd always thought Marco was a fairly good chef but the meals he prepares at Pasta Bella's pales in comparison to the fine Italian cuisine we were served at Sardi's.

"Angelo you certainly know how to impress a girl. This is perhaps the best meal I've had since I arrived in New York." I said.

"Nothing but the finest for my lady." He replied.

I smiled not because he wanted the finest but because he had called me his lady.

I leaned close to him and hugged his arm. "I like having you think of me as your lady Angelo."