Bed of Rose's - Jos

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Joesephus
Joesephus
815 Followers

Rose staggered back and sat down hard. "You know I'm proud of you, but this still sounds like charity. Besides, I'm not going to let you marry a diseased whore just to skirt the rules..."

I interrupted her. "Rose, don't pretend you don't know I love you. I've loved you for years. My daydream has been to find you while you're working. I'd have the biggest diamond you've ever seen. I'd tell you I was the last man you'd ever be with, then I'd bring you back here and we'd finally make love. Rose, I don't have much of a ring, but will you marry me?"

For the first time I saw tears in Rose's eyes.

Epilogue:

Rose lasted for almost three years with all the experimental treatments we were able to get. She never complained even when the pain was too much for the drugs. She lived long enough to see me accepted for a residence program to become a heart surgeon. On her deathbed she saw Scott walk all the way across the room without even a cane to shave for the first time. When she hugged him she called him "her brave young man."

I held her in my arms as she died in our bed at home. It was one of the few times I didn't honor her wishes. I wept.

This bed of Rose's that I lay on
Where I was taught to be a man
This bed of Rose's where I'm livin'
Is the only kind of love I understand...

I would like to thank CopyCarver, SweetErika for their help on this story.

Joesephus
Joesephus
815 Followers
12