Bee and David Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mustering up the biggest smile he could, he reached for her grandmother's hand. The older woman gave him a puzzled look.

"Oh no, baby. This is a hugging family."

She stepped forward and hugged him. Surprised but amused he hugged her back. Resuming his place next to his Bee, they all stared. Bianca cleared her throat, "I invited David to dinner."

"Well, good. Come and have a seat, young man," her grandma offered.

Ramsey ran back in and climbed onto Bianca's lap as they sat. He stared at David through thin eyes before Bianca whispered something in his hear. The elder couple sat adjacent to the younger one.

"So," her grandfather wrapped an arm around Betti. "When did this happen?"

Bianca looked over at David and her eyes danced. He made her heart leap and every part of her sizzled in his presence. "Maybe a month ago. We just--," she smiled again and reached for his hand. "..clicked."

Bianca looked back over to them. Her grandpa's stern eyes read David, while her grandmother smiled warmly at the two.

"David," he spoke again. "Its nice to meet you, son. Bee's never brought a boy home so we're kinda surprised."

"Oh Bill. Don't be so overdramatic," her grandma laughed then turned to the two. "Bee, are you happy sweetie?"

She squeezed David's hand. "The happiest."

"Well then, I'm sure your papa agrees with me when I say that's all that matters."

They all turned to grandpa Bill. He squinted those dark eyes at David, an obvious family trait, then he looked to Bee and his gaze softened.

"If you're really sure its what you want...you've got my blessing," he told them.

Her smile widened and a glow eminated from every pore, "I do, Papa."

Looking back to David, the old timer let a tight smile show. "Then congrats, sweetness."

She looked to David and a radiance he never thought could come from a woman blossomed. She looked surreal, the picture of perfection. David was left stunned by her sudden confessions of the heart. And to think, an hour ago he was furious at her. All of that instantly vanished and was replaced instead by sheer and utter love. He loved her and now by introducing him to her family, she was opening up her heart to love him. They still had a long way to go but it was a start.

The doorbell rang.

"I should finish cleaning," her grandma hopped up.

"I'll get that," Grandpa Bill rose.

"Mi casa es su casa, David," her grandma called over her shoulder. The spontaniety of the little old woman was treasurable.

"Rams, can you go grab my phone, its upstairs?" Bianca requested. He hesitated then climbed off her lap and ran.

David chuckled then looked back to her. "Boyfriend, huh?"

She squinted, "Yeah, boyfriend. You gotta problem with that, Crete?"

He turned red again, "No arguments here, darling. I just have a few questions."

Her eyes got bigger but she nodded. He looked her in the eyes, "I'll be frank. I'm in love with you, Bianca. Are you in love with me, too?"

She took her time and finally the words rolled off her tongue, "I can't, Gabby. I can't say those words so soon. But something did happened that morning I saw your face after clubbing. You were--."

She moved closer, signaling her comfort in his presence. "You were so handsome. And not just physically, I mean I saw your, your spirit. You looked so strong and, and brave and protective. I just, I knew that you were what I've been waiting for."

"And what have you been waiting for, my dear?"

"For you, Gabby. I guess for you to chase me. You tried and I gave you the hardest time."

"You were just being you," he gave her the benefit of the doubt.

"And that's the problem! The real Bianca isn't nearly as perfect as you think she is. She's messy. And--and thinks too much about everything. She snores and forgets to set her alarm making her late for virtually every deadline. She hogs the covers and laughs with her mouth open if something is just unbearably funny," Her usual easy-going voice cracked.

"Bee--."

"Remember, I told you my ma died when I was 12?"

He nodded, carefully.

"It frightened me!" She was on the verge of tears. "I lost my world. Myself. My moth-."

She stopped and dropped her face into her hands. "I'm f-fine," she shook when his tender hands comforted her. She hated being so emotional. So weak and vulnerable. Wiping away a few tears she looked back to him. She couldn't tell him everything at once, he'd never look at her the same way again. Would never love her again. He almost pulled her onto his lap when he saw her eyes scan his.

"I'm far from perfect and I don't ever want you to look at me and see that. I'm gonna make mistakes, do stupid things and try you in ways you're not accustomed to. Are you really ready for that?"

He continued to stare at her. His tainted beauty. "I'm ready for you," he finally spoke.

She gave him an amused look, then laughed. "Are you now?"

"Very."

"Even with my truckload of craziness, love handles and rebellion?"

"Its what makes you, well you."

She raised an eyebrow, "And how exactly AM I, Gabby?"

"Well, perfect. It's obvious that you overcame soul wretching, emotional obstacles and became the best at everything that came your way. It's also obvious that part of you is still a broken-hearted mumless little girl."

She exhaled not even realizing she was holding her breath. That grin was back on his lips. "Took a couple pysch courses at Harvard."

"Of course you did," she shook her head. "Mr.Perfect."

"I am aren't I, Mrs.Perfect?"

A look of shock ran across her face and she looked down. Her cheeks burned and she felt David chuckle.

"God, I love to leave you speechless. You're so innocent, my sweet."

She shrugged but pulled it off with a girlish laugh. Reaching up, Bianca ran her lovely dark hands through his now pitch black hair.

"Why'd you dye your hair?" She asked.

He shrugged, "After seeing you yesterday, I realized I needed a change."

She grinned, "You too?"

They exchanged smiles before a silence settled.

"You had me worried, I thought I almost lost you but then you take this giant leap and--. Again, you befuddle me."

"You unleash this hidden force in me, Gabby. I'm not usually boy crazy."

"Of course you're not. Because I'm not a boy, Bianca." She nodded and raised their meshed hands to her face. His intoxicating smoky smell hypnotized her before she kissed them.

"You're mine, Crete," she proclaimed through glossy eyes. She was back. He pulled her into his strong arms and placed a tender kiss on those perfect pink lips.

"Now and forever, Ms. Wilson. Do with me what you must."

She giggled, "Oh the things I plan on doing to you."

His eyes twinkle but he feigned innocence. "You she-devil!"

She pulled him into another kiss, this one deeper. He loved the feel of her luscious lips as he slipped his tongue past them and heard her groan. Someone roughly cleared their throat, halting the couple's embrace. They looked towards the source.

"Bry!" She squealed, jumping up and running towards the dark figure. He picked her up and swung her around.

"Missed you, little sis!" He kissed her forehead.

David rose and walked towards them. The figure eyed him suspiciously.

"And who's the white guy playing kissy face with you?"

Bianca elbowed him in the ribcage. "Don't be a jerk, Brian," she glared. "This is my boyfriend, David."

Brian's eyes popped, "Boyfriend?"

Bianca ignored the reaction as David reached out his hand. "David Crete."

Brian reluctantly shook it. "Brian Wilson, the big brother."

Pulling back, David got the chance to study him. The similarities were astounding. Both Brian and Bee shared the same dark skin, almond eyes and wide smile. And while his sweet was only 5'2, her big brother hovered over her at 5'11. Brian placed a protective arm around her.

"How old are you, David?"

"Don't be rude, Bry!" She chastised.

"I'm just trying to be friendly," he challenged.

David pulled Bianca to him. "Its fine, darling. He's just following the big brother code."

The two men stared at each other for a few seconds.

"Right, and I wouldn't be a good brother if I didn't ask you to excuse us. I'd like to talk to Mr. Cream?"

"Crete," David corrected him.

"Crete," Brian squinted at the interracial couple.

"Don't let him intimidate you," she whispered in his ear.

"Will you bring us back something to drink?" Brian asked.

"Do I look like Florence from the Jeffersons?" She glared at him.

David laughed at their sibling rivalry.

*********************************

They stared not saying a word for a few minutes. Grandpa Bill joined them, as he had a few questions of his own.

"How did you and my sister meet?"

"What are your expectations with my little girl?"

"What do you do?"

"How long have you two known each other?"

The questions kept coming from both sides. They halted after a few seconds but David sat unscathed.

"Bianca and I met at her place of employment. I'm a legal consultant and an avid businessman. I just want her and while we've only know each other for a little over a month its felt like forever, gentlemen."

They sat back. Brian looked at his grandfather.

"Leave it to Bee to choose a guy with a backbone. Classic."

The older man looked at David once more. "As long as your intentions are true, we have no reason to mistrust you, son."

"They are, sir," he honestly admitted. "I'm in love with Bianca and I'll spend the rest of my life proving it."

They both nodded.

"Its not you we're worried about, David. Bee's such a fragile girl. But there's a side to her she's always tried to contain," Brian said.

"Its something about the Wilson women," Bill elaborated. "They're born with a wild gene. Wild and beautiful. I'm sure you've already realized it seeing as how you fell in love with Bee when you first met her."

David raised an eyebrow, "How'd you--?"

"You look at her the same way I look at Betti. The same thing happened to me when I met her grandma," the old timer laughed and thought, "She had this glow about her."

David felt much more sane. Knowing that his sudden love and obsession for her was one that happened once before.

"You ain't the first guy to fall for my little sis. She's had every dude in the neighborhood trailing behind her since she was old enough to talk. She's a people person. And people, especially men, love her. So um, you might wanna watch out for that," Brian advised.

Bianca walked back in, "Are you guys done interrogating him?"

She looked to her grandpa. "Nana needs you in the kitchen, Papa. Its almost 5 and she said everyone's gonna be here in a bit."

Both he and Brian rose to leave.

"I invited Darryl and I'd appreciate it if you could get along for one day," Brian asked her.

She bolted up and grabbed his arm. Waiting on their grandfather to leave, she spoke in a rage. "Damn, Bry! Why the hell would you invited that bastard?" She said through clenched teeth.

Both men looked at her in surprise.

"Bee, he's my best friend. Why do you hate him so much?"

She rolled her eyes. "He's evil."

"You need to stop being so overdramatic. Dave, can you give a brother a hand? Things can get really ugly between 'em."

David pulled Bianca onto his lap, "No worries."

Brian gave him a nod, "My man," then left the living room.

"You're entirely too delicate to be so angry," he planted soft kisses all over her hot face.

She soon succumbed to his charm and laughed, "I'm glad your stalking tendencies led you here. And...I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what, doll?"

"For pushing you away. This dating thing, its not something I'm familar with but--I'm trying, Gabby."

"I know," he grabbed her face. "And that's all I could hope for."

Suddenly Ramsey ran back in, "My mommy's here, Bee!" He yelled, then ran back out.

"So, this dinner is more of a pre-birthday party," she warned him.

"Ahhh my beauty, you do turn twenty-three in three days."

They walked hand in hand out of the living room.

"Yeah and my aunts, uncles and little cousins are all visiting so if you're any good at charming them like you have my friends and grandparents, this will be a breeze."

"Anything to make you happy, my honeybee," he told her.

"You're sooo easy to please."

He chuckled then pulled her body to his. A shiver rolled between them as he pressed his muscled figure against her curvy one. A lone finger traced a trail around her plump lips then tipped her chin up. She saw a lustful look practically devour her body.

"Not in the least. I think that you'll find I'm a very hard to please lover," he teased barely kissing the side of her cheek. The subtle move caused her to shiver at his touch.

Her angelic face gapped at him, "I-I didn't mean-."

He leaned down, "I know what you meant my sweet. I just can't resist teasing you."

Her legs weakened and she whispered a groan. He was making it harder and harder to resist the urge that boiled in her loins. Regaining her composure, she cocked her head to one side.

"Tease me, will you?" She broke out into that smile he couldn't get enough of, "Game on."

David gulped, "What do you have up your sleeve?"

She led them to the front and left his question hanging in the air. Letting his hand go, she hugged CoCo and then Lanely. He held onto her for a few seconds too long. David cleared his throat and Lanely shot him a look. Bianca was oblivious to their tension.

"You guys remember David," she looked to him.

"Of course!" CoCo yipped giving him a one armed hug.

David stuck out his hand for Lanely to shake. He gripped it.

"Crete, kinda surprised to see you again."

David shook back before dropping his hand and pulling Bianca into him by the waist. "Lanely, you're gonna be seeing a lot of me."

Both CoCo and Lanely gave them a peculiar look.

"David just met my Nana and Papa...as my boyfriend," Bianca smiled at the last few words.

CoCo squealed and Lanely's mouth dropped.

"Boyfriend?!" They both shouted.

Bianca nodded as CoCo hugged them both. Lanely loosened the tie on his dark Armani suit and cleared his throat.

"Bee, can I talk to you alone for a minute?"

He stepped forward when suddenly David stepped in front of her. "Is there a problem, mate?"

"Yeah, Crete. You!" He pointed a finger in his face. The two men glared at each other. Fists and jaws clenched.

"Hey!" She yelled, getting in between them. "What's wrong, Lane?"

He looked down at Bianca, her expression was one of confusion. Big brown eyes stared up at him like a lost puppy. "I just wanna talk to you without the Brit," his own eyes pleaded with her.

She sighed then turned to David, "Give us a few minutes, Gabby. I won't be long." His eyes turned from a savage steel to a warm grey as she stroked his cleft chin.

"I'll be waiting."

He kissed her and let a little tongue slip much to Lanely's disapproval. Bianca turned to him after David and CoCo left. "Lane--."

"No, Bee. Why now, why him?"

"What are you talking about, Lanely?" She shook her head in confusion and those single braids moved with her. After all these years she was still oblivious to his love for her.

"Nothing, I should go," he turned to leave.

"Lanely Miguel Cortez! Stop!" She called after him; he turned back to face her.

"Talk to me," she encouraged. Bianca reached up and ran her hands through his hair, then pulled him into a hug. The irony of the situation seemed laugable. She held him the same way he held her less than 24 hours ago.

"I'm not so sure about this guy, babydoll."

His eyes glazed over as he was caught in her trademark compelling gaze. Lanely's heart fluttered a bit.

"I know. But hey you've never liked anyone who got too close to me."

He looked deeply at her. She was no longer that little girl he fell in love with as a kid. She was a woman. A beautiful, head strong, confident woman and he had let another man take his place. He should be with her. She should've been his. He knew it.

"Do you love him?" He finally asked.

She stared into her best friend's eyes. "Lane. I don't know. Maybe."

His heart hurt but he wasn't giving her up without a fight. "I meant every word that night at Sinister. You mean the world to me and I just wanna see you happy."

She rubbed his shoulders, "I am, Lane. But I'd be even happier if I knew I had your support in this," she poked out her bottom lip.

He sighed. The biggest sigh she'd ever heard. "I'm always gonna be there for you, Bianca. You're my bumblebee."

She smiled and made his heart melt. He wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her. The warmth of her body caused a shudder to run through him. He caressed her back and hummed as they softly rocked.

"You're the best friend ever," she told him.

"Yeah...." he sighed again. "..best friend ever."

********************************

Her birthday dinner got off to a great start. After her immediate family and neighbors arrived, she introduced David. The reactions were pretty much the same: shock. Not because of the color of his soon but moreso because of the effect he had on her. They made little romantic gestures and even shared a kiss. Unbeknownst to Bianca, they were the talk of the house. Everyone wondered who this dashingly handsome man who seemed to have swooped their Bee off her feet was.

Her female relatives couldn't keep their eyes off him. And for once Bianca was okay with it. He was hers after all. Part of her laughed at how much she hated labels but at that moment calling him hers felt so right. They all sat in the living room, eating her Nana's homecooked food and talking.

"I'm telling you, they're going to win the superbowl this year!" David tried to convince the group of men sitting around them.

"Ohhh naw, Dave, Baltimore? Really?" A male cousin groaned.

He was more interested in American sports than she thought. Being more of a basketball fan, she made her exit but he stopped her.

"Where are you going, beautiful?" He asked grabbing her hand. He ran his thumb across her knuckles.

"I'm gonna get something to drink."

He smirked, "Do hurry back, my love."

She blushed then got up to walk into the kitchen. He was making her blush more and more and Bianca just couldn't figure out why. She laughed at herself while loading the dishwasher when suddenly the back door swung open.

She jumped then shook her head, "Where have you been?"

The girl jumped as well, "Damn Bee, you scared me."

"Where have you been, Brianna?" Bianca repeated.

Her younger sister removed the fleece hoodie and walked over to her. She was a a little taller than Bianca with caramel skin and thin, dark eyes, her light brown highlighted hair stopped just below her ears. The petite, lean figure running track and field gave her was always envied by her big sister. It seemed like no matter how hard she trained her body, Bianca could and would never be as slim as the other female members of her family. Usually she'd be jealous or depressed just thinking about it but lately the more she saw David the less she worried.

"Its nice to see you too," Bri hugged her.

Bianca returned the hug then pulled back and squinted at her.

"I went to a movie with CJ, okay?"

"Since when have you and CJ been hanging out?" Bianca questioned making her a plate of food.

"Since last week. He found me on facebook."

"Okay, be careful. Facebook can be pretty ugly," she warned.

"I'm seventeen, I can take care of myself, Bianca," Bri retorted digging into the fresh plate of food.

*Silence*

After a minute, she looked up and was caught in her big sister's commanding gaze. Bianca cracked her neck in an authoritative way. Her jaw clenched as she cocked her head to the side. She was clearly pissed over the smart comment.

"I understand that, Bri. I'm not trying to tell you what to do," she thinned her lips before speaking next. "Do you guys like each other?"