Before I Forget

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
qhml1
qhml1
8,982 Followers

Juanita found out three months later, when one of the grandchildren let it slip. Joy hadn't spoken to her since the funeral.

..................................................

This story came from a true experience. I had a friend who moved two states away. We would talk occasionally, but as five years past,we stopped. He called me out of the blue one day, saying he was going through all his old numbers and found mine. We chatted for a few minutes before he revealed the true purpose of his call. He had the disease, second stage. He was going through his phone records, calling friends and telling them goodbye while he still could.

We talked about old times for about thirty minutes before he hung up. I made a resolve to call him again soon, and three weeks later I did. I got his wife.

"I'm so sorry" she said "he died in a fishing accident. He fell into the river and his waders filled and dragged him down."

I felt the hairs on the back stand up. My friend had almost drowned as a small child, and harbored an almost paralyzing fear of water. He got queasy driving over bridges.

Draw your own conclusions.

And before you say anything, I have Juanita's story plotted it out.

Thanks for reading.

qhml1
qhml1
8,982 Followers