Beginning an Adventure

Story Info
A little exhibitionism to keep a marriage from failing.
3.9k words
4.32
140.4k
33
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Let me start by giving you some background about Katie and me. We are both in our early thirties (she is a year younger than me), are in professional careers, no kids, and have been married just over five years. We had known each other through a mutual friend for years before we started dating and figured that we knew each other fairly well, were pretty compatible, and got married after dating a bit over a year.

From a number of the other stories that I have seen, I realize that our marriage went through a familiar pattern. Until seeing other people’s stories, I was convinced that our problems were fairly unique. I was also convinced that what I wanted out of our sex life was out of the ordinary. Part of the reason that I am writing this story (and hopefully many more to follow) is that I want to encourage other men to take the time to work things out with their wives. The other reason that I am writing is that I have enjoyed other people’s stories so much and wanted to return the favor.

Anyway, after a couple of years of marriage, things hit a slump. I attributed it to the “newness” of the marriage wearing off and us both being busy. It took us both awhile to realize that it was much deeper than that and basically that we were unable to communicate to one another. We were good at being friends, but we had not really made that transition to soul mates and sharing our lives together. A few people have referred to their marriages as being more like roommates than anything else. That was us.

There were some issues behind this lack of communication. Katie had grown up with abusive parents, both were alcoholics. People in her family really did not communicate, rather they merely fought. Communication basically consisted of telling each other how much they hated each other and what a pain the person was. Katie ended up with low self-esteem and went through some really poor relationships through high school and college. Her parents were very conservative and religious, so with this background and a number of boyfriends that used her for sex, she had a pretty low view of sex, her body, and herself. I had known a lot of this before we were even dating, but I naively thought that if I treated her with love and respect she would automatically come around and leave her past behind her. Few things in any relationship are automatic, at least few things that do the relationship any good.

I was not without my problems. My childhood was not the greatest either, but I had made the decision that I could either sit around feeling sorry for myself or get on with my life and make of it whatever I could. I had adopted a take-charge attitude from this. The problem was that I would ask Katie for her opinion (something she was totally unused to in her family) and when I would not get a response, I would just go ahead and get things done. She, in turn, viewed this as controlling her life just as her parents had done before. Needless to say, this led to some pretty big arguments.

Our sex life and any intimacy between us were the first victims. First, from her parents and boyfriends, she did not really enjoy sex. If I got too into it, she remembered back to her boyfriends using her and accused me of doing the same. Also, as I said, she had a pretty low view of her body. Her constant complaints that she was too fat, did not like her boobs, etc. finally about had me convinced that she might be right. It got to the point where seeing her naked no longer turned me on. She had never really enjoyed sex anyway, so it just fell by the wayside. Although it did not seem like a big deal at the time, looking back on things, I realize that not having sex was the final nail in the coffin. Without it, we had no connection at all.

We bumped along like this for a couple years. It seemed like just about anything that we did together turned into an argument, we could not even go to the video rental store and agree on a movie. Finally, about a year ago, I sat myself down and did my best to take a long, objective look at things. I had to admit that we were both responsible for the situation that we were in, but I kept coming back to the issue of her upbringing and its effect on her outlook on life. I figured that I owed things one last chance. If I could not turn things around, there was no use going on with a relationship that was not a relationship.

I made reservations for us at a nice quiet restaurant in an old farmhouse out in the country. We had an uneventful, but nice dinner and were at least pleasant to one another. After dinner, I suggested that we take a walk around the grounds and talk a bit. There are gardens and paths with low lighting, so we walked around a bit. There was a chill to the night air, but it was still pleasant. There were a few other couples out, but everyone seemed to be sharing a private moment and respected the other people’s space. We found a bench and sat down. I told her that there was something that I wanted to talk to her about. I told her I loved her, that I wanted what was best for the both of us, but that where we stood now was slowly killing us both. She started to protest, but I asked her to hear me out.

I told her that I married her because I loved her and wanted to spend the rest of my life with her, share the rest of my life with her. I told her that we really were not doing much sharing anymore. We could not seem to agree on anything and much of the time spent together was spent arguing. I admitted that we both shared responsibility in our relationship and that we both had problems to overcome. I told her that we never really seemed to be able to communicate. We were different people and were sure to have different opinions and interests, but we should be able to share this with one another. I told her that we had to open up to one another. We may not like what we heard from each other or agree with it, but that was life and not something that we could run away from. I talked about this at some length. I briefly touched on her parents and past relationships, letting her know that I felt that they had been damaging, but I did not dwell on them. I finally finished and asked her where she stood.

She was all teary-eyed and said that she had been at a loss as to what to do. She said that she loved me, but was not sure what that really meant any more. She said that anymore, she had no idea what a relationship was supposed to be like. She admitted that I did my best to be good to her, but that a lot of the time that ended up leading to her thinking that she did not deserve me and that I would probably leave her for someone better. She said that would just get her upset and she would find herself taking it out on me.

We talked for perhaps thirty or forty minutes, acknowledging that we had a problem but unsure of where to go from here. She finally asked me what I felt we should do. I said that I had no quick answers, but that if we were going to get anywhere, we would have to learn to trust each other and open up to each other even if we were sure that the other person would not like what we had to say. I told her that I was willing to try to make a new start if she was.

I had thought that we were probably the only ones out there this late, but another couple came around the path towards us about then. They were about our age, maybe a bit younger. The woman looked at us and saw Katie’s tear streaked face. I am sure that I was looking somewhat worn and haggard at that point as well. Her face went through an internal struggle over whether to stop to see if we were ok or just keep going and not get involved. Compassion seemed to win out and she stopped to ask if everything was ok with us. The guy was looking concerned as well, there are still a few people out there willing to stop and help a stranger.

I stood and tried to give an off-hand laugh and was going to say thank you but everything was ok. My laugh was not at all convincing, so I said that we had been talking over some heavy subjects but that I thought we were getting things worked out. I figured that they would be on their way, not wanting to get too involved. However, the woman said that she hoped that things were not too serious and that we seemed like nice people to be sitting there alone with the weight of the world on our shoulders. I smiled at her and said that my beautiful wife and I were trying to figure out where our relationship was going. Katie gave a laugh and said that she was far from beautiful. The woman told her that she looked fine to her and suddenly I knew that I had to push my luck.

I knew that I was going to take advantage of Katie at a vulnerable moment, but I had to know if this had any chance of working out. I had to know how much effort Katie was willing to put into recovering our relationship. You can talk things through until you are blue in the face, but unless you are really willing to take action and do something about matters, nothing will change. As I said, Katie had a pretty poor opinion of her body. I had tried to get her to show off in the past, but she always said that no one would want to see it and get angry at me for trying to make a fool out of her. If she was really willing to make an effort toward change, now was the time to start. I looked at Katie with a determined look in my eye and told her that I was going to prove to her that I was not the only one who found her beautiful. I held my hand out to her and when she looked in my eyes, I could tell that she sensed what was coming. She gingerly put her hand in mine and I raised her to her feet.

The other woman started to say again that she thought Katie was beautiful, but I laid my hand on her arm and motioned for the two of them to sit on the bench. They both looked a bit confused, but took their seats. As I turned Katie around by the shoulders to face them, I told them that I hoped that I would not offend them but that my wife believed that I was the only one who found her attractive. I added that a lot of the time she still felt that even I was lying. As I started to slide her coat off her shoulders I asked them if they would mind if I asked them to give her their honest judgement.

The couple realized that something was up and did not say anything as I laid her coat down on the bench beside them. Looking around pretty much confirmed that we were the only ones out in the gardens at this point. There were a few lights around, but nothing shining directly on us, so I doubt that anyone up towards the building or in the parking lot could see us. Returning to Katie, I again moved behind her and started unbuttoning her blouse. The woman drew in a breath, but kept silent. I could feel Katie’s heart beating and her breathing was a bit heavier. The air was cool, but not enough to see her breath. I stopped with her blouse unbuttoned to her waist. With only a couple buttons left, I pulled it apart in the front to expose her belly and white bra but left it on. I took off my jacket and, kneeling at her feet, laid it out in front of her. I then slipped off her shoes one at a time followed by her knee-highs and had her stand on my jacket. Reaching around her, I undid her belt and pulled it from her skirt and put it on the bench with her coat. At the back of her skirt, I undid the button and slowly pulled the zipper down while still holding the skirt up around her waist. With the zipper down, I pulled the skirt apart a bit to lower it over her hips and let her step out of it. It joined the belt and coat.

She was standing there in only her blouse, bra, and panties now. The other couple was silently sitting there, transfixed by the show as it unfolded before them. My erection was pressing hard against my trousers and Katie was breathing heavily. The emotion charged evening had quickly turned to lust for her. I reached under her blouse and slid her panties down her legs. With her blouse still covering her, the couple could not see anything, but they both drew in a breath as they realized that I was taking this all the way. I dropped her panties with her shoes and stood up behind her once again. I undid her bra in the front as well as the last buttons on her blouse and peeled them both off of her. She was standing there naked before the other couple as I laid her blouse and bra with the rest of her clothes. Her nipples were taut stubs and I could hear her ragged breathing.

Returning to stand behind her, I put my arms around her with my hands on her belly, rubbing slowly up and down. I told the other couple, “Before you make your final judgement, I think that a woman is most beautiful when she is aroused, don’t you?” I felt Katie tense in my arms and the other couple could only barely nod their heads. I moved my hands up to her breasts, cupping them and finding her nipples between my thumbs and forefingers. As I started to massage her breasts and rub her nipples, the tension just flowed out of her. Katie leaned back against me, closed her eyes, and a deep moan escaped her lips. I kissed her shoulder and sucked gently on her collarbone as I played with her breasts.

Knowing that she was ready, I slid my hands down her belly and between her legs. She moved her feet apart and opened her legs to give me access. I quickly found her wet gash and slipped a finger into it, running my finger up until I found her hardened clit. She moaned heavily and a tremor ran through her body as I touched it. I could see the bulge in the guy’s pants and the woman had parted her legs as her hand found its way to her own crotch. I was rubbing my finger across Katie’s hardened clit and she leaned her head back on my shoulder and closed her eyes. Her breaths were coming heavy and I could feel her whole body trembling. The other couple was just watching it all in silence; there was not much that they could say. Katie gasped out that she could not stand much longer, that her legs were about to give out. I directed her to lean forward and motioned to ask if she could brace herself against the guy. He did not seem to mind and his wife (I noticed the rings on their fingers) was too caught up in the moment to object.

Katie put her hands down on his one leg, just above the knee, and bent over. I had her move her feet apart a bit further to gain better access to her pussy from behind. Running my middle finger into her wet hole, I used the fingers on either side to rub her clit with each stroke. With my other hand I rubbed and kneaded the cheek of her ass. Before long, Katie leaned her forehead into the guy’s shoulder as the passion overwhelmed her. He put his right hand on her shoulder to steady her and then began running it up and down, across her shoulder and back. I motioned for him that it was ok for him to fondle her and he looked to his wife. She nodded to him and he slid his hand down around Katie’s side to cup her breast. Katie let out a low moan as he started rubbing her breast and nipple. She was wetter than I had ever seen her and I could tell that she was building toward one hell of an orgasm.

The woman surprised me and her husband as well when she tentatively reached out to touch Katie’s other breast. She stroked the side of it with the back of her fingers as it swayed gently back and forth as Katie slowly rocked herself against my fingers. She then turned her hand to cup the breast in her palm, slipping her hand to let Katie’s nipple drag back and forth across her palm.

Katie was on the edge at this point. Her whole body was trembling and her breathing was coming short and fast. I took her clit and rolled it between my thumb and forefinger and her whole body went rigid for a moment before she started spasming. I put my arm around her belly to keep her from falling and the couple each held one of her arms to support her. I lightly stroked her clit and pussy lips with my other hand as she had one orgasm after another. Finally, I just held my hand against her hot mound as her spasms quieted.

Katie just stayed like that for two or three minutes, with her head against the guy’s shoulder as we supported her. Her breathing slowly returned to normal, but she remained with her head buried on his shoulder. I was beginning to think that she was embarrassed to face us when she finally moved to stand back up. I kept my arms around her because she was still a bit unsteady on her feet and the couple lent her their arms as they stood up with her. She gave them an embarrassed smile, looking up at them briefly before lowering her eyes again.

I broke the silence, saying that now was the time for their honest opinion. “So, what do you think? Does my wife have to worry about not being beautiful?” I asked. Katie was standing there; totally naked, her hair rumpled, her makeup smudged from the previous tears and the subsequent passion, a sheen of sweat across her body, the juice of her orgasm was running down her legs, and the smell of her musk scented the air. My question caused her to lower her head further and shift from foot to foot. The woman made the first movement. She turned around and picked up Katie’s coat, holding it out for her, and said, “Dear, you are truly fantastic! Beautiful does not even begin to describe how you look!” Katie looked up at her, somewhat shocked. Looking into her face, all that Katie could see was kindness and warmth. The guy stammered a bit and told her that he was totally amazed. There was lust in his eyes, but he understood that he had to keep it in control. Katie thanked them both in a somewhat dazed voice and reached for her coat. The woman helped her into it and she pulled the front closed.

I apologized to the couple, thanking them for what they had done for us and saying that I hoped that we had not gone too far over the line for them. The woman answered, saying that we should not be worried and that they enjoyed the surprise show. She said that she hoped that we found a way to work things out. If our show was any indication, we had a lot going for us. She said that they had to get going and, patting her husband’s ass, said that she better get him home “and take care of him before he ruptured anything.” Before turning to go, she gave Katie a hug and told her that from what she had seen, she was something else and had nothing to worry about. She looked over to me and told me to take care of her. I replied that she was something very special and that I was very proud of her. Katie looked at me and I could tell that she honestly believed my words tonight.

The couple walked away and I started to pick up Katie’s clothes. Katie sat down to put her shoes on for the walk to the car and her coat opened up in front. I stopped for a moment and pushed her coat apart further. I bent down and kissed her belly and the tops of both her legs, then I held her face in my hands and kissed her lips. I told her that she was so beautiful, that I loved her so much, and that I hoped that we could find a way to make things work out. With a laugh, I added that even if that meant showing her off every weekend to prove that I was not the only one who found her beautiful. She laughed and we finished gathering things together and walked back to our car.

At home, we spent some time exploring each other’s bodies as though for the first time again and softly made love to one another several times before falling asleep in each other’s arms. I am not about to say that this evening changed our lives forever and everything has been sunshine and roses since then. We have had our ups and downs, but things have been getting better. We decided that night that exposing Katie was part of the healing process, both to get her to accept herself as well as to trust me. She only requested that she have some say in when we expose her. She did not want it to become something that we have to do all the time. She also requested that there be some intimacy to it. No large crowds and she got approval of who she exposed herself to. It may sound like a lot of restrictions, but it has been working fairly well for us. I will share more of our stories and update you on our relationship if the readers are interested.