Behind the Mahogany Desk Ch. 02

Story Info
Life at the office continues to be exciting.
13.1k words
4.76
32.3k
11

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/27/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
I_Shadow
I_Shadow
233 Followers

"Miss Clarkston, I put your messages on your desk for you," the slim receptionist told her when she walked down the hall from the conference room.

"Thank you Stephanie," Mikhaila smiled at her, glancing at her watch. "Emily's going to be busy for about fifteen more minutes. Just send my calls back to my office until she's done if you would."

The receptionist nodded quickly, answering the ringing phone, Mikhaila walked down the hall toward her corner office.

She fought the urge to close the door behind her having the urge to curl up on one of the love seats in the office after having sat through another definitely uncomfortable weekly meeting with all employees of the marketing staff.

When she'd taken the position five months earlier she knew acceptance of many of the older gentleman wouldn't be something that would take place over night if ever, but she'd thought that by now they would've at least seen she was willing to work as hard if not harder than most of them to make things happen. But they weren't able to or were unwilling to look past her being a woman and also a beautiful woman.

Sitting in the large leather chair she ran her hands along the edge of the huge mahogany desk she'd used since moving into her new office. Caleb had been right when he said once she'd gotten accustomed to the job she'd begin to make the office reflect her and not that of what a stiff upper crust executive would have.

The typical brass desk lamp had been replaced with the twisted copper sculptured lamp her mother had sent her as a congratulations gift for her promotion, along with it was the lovingly crafted wooden file trays her father had made for her, replacing the standard issue office style. Shaking her head she wondered what her parents would think even with their liberal minds if they knew everything these items had witnessed on top of her desk since they'd arrived.

Picking up the phone she shook her head, clearing the image of her body stretched back, Caleb's mouth between her widely spread thighs while he'd sat in the same chair she was in at the moment. Their images flashing across the large flat screen hanging on the wall when he'd turn the video camera on she used for teleconferences. Looking at the now black screen she felt the dampness soaking into her panties just at the thought of watching some of the videos they'd made and had on disk locked in her desk drawer. Glancing at her watch she put the phone back down.

"Damn it, I wish I knew Alyssa's schedule so I could call her and tell her happy birthday," she frowned, feeling some what disconnected from her twin since she'd moved to Chicago and Alyssa to New York where she'd set up her art studio.

"This is Mikhaila," she said answering the interoffice call.

"Miss Clarkston they called and some packages are being brought up for you. Would you like me to bring them back when they arrive or have Emily pick them up when she's finished?" The receptionist asked sounding frustrated.

"Stephanie what's all that arguing?" she asked standing up, recognizing one of the voices as Brent Thompson, the main player in the group that still worked to undermine her authority in the office.

"Don't worry Stephanie I'll be there in a second," she said firmly hanging the phone up and walking out the door.

Pausing in the hall at the entrance to the lobby she leaned against the wall, watching and listening while the three men who'd been with the marketing department the longest stood talking loudly, as thought to demonstrate their dominance to the entire office.

"Brent, Kincaid would you care to join Baxter in my office for a few words?" she asked politely, stepping forward letting her presence be known. Her knotting she felt in her stomach not physically evident even though she felt like the navy business suit she was wearing was becoming constricting.

"Not particularly," Brent said shaking his head, turning as though to walk to his office. "These two can join you if they'd like but I've wasted enough time today listening to drivel. I have clients to call."

Stiffening her spine she ground her teeth together for a moment watching him starting to walk off.

"Well I think I need to rephrase it then," she paused smiling when he turned to look at her. "I want the three of you in my office within the next ten minutes or I'll make it a point of coming to find you and the result will be less to your liking than if you come of your own accord," she said firmly before turning on her heel walking back to her office.

"Stephanie please hold all of my calls and when Emily's free please ask her to address any of the issues she can until I let you both know," she said hanging up the phone as the three men walked into her office only moments behind her.

"Baxter if you'd close the door please, I think this meeting would be much better for all if it were held behind closed doors," she said stepping to the front of her desk leaning back, adjusting her suit jacket while waiting for the men to take a seat.

Brent the most vociferous of the group waited only seconds after the door closed before turning toward her, his disgust obvious in his expression. "What've we done wrong now, Miss Clarkston?" he said sarcastically mocking the way the young receptionist had addressed her, his eyes traveling over her body boldly, pausing at the slight cleavage she showed above the buttons of her jacket before his head ducked slightly as though his eyes were following her legs up under her skirt.

Dropping her head for a moment she took a deep breath, determined this was going to be a conversation and not a screaming match.

"First off Brent I don't want to say anyone's done anything 'wrong' so to speak but what I'd like to discuss with you is the lack of maturity and respect that each of you demonstrate to every woman that works for this firm," she said firmly locking eyes with the men seated in front of her.

"Personally I don't give a damn nor will I ever, of what your opinion is of me. But I'm fed up with the lack of respect you show to all other employees since the three of you obviously feel you've been here long enough to be immune to such things," she said, watching their reactions. "I've tolerated your comments and ignored them. I've over looked your behavior as long as it stayed within the bounds of being acceptable both legally and morally. But gentleman you've all been pushing the envelope until I'm now forced to make a stand and a decision unless you're willing to make some serious changes."

Kincaid leaned back in his chair, checking his nails as if he was doing nothing more than listening to a child telling a rambling story he wasn't the least interested in, before looking up at her again. "And what might I ask do you think you can do to any of us? Or maybe I should ask if you're wanting to share some of what your passing around to your corporate friend?" he asked with a chuckle smiling at his friends, thinking he was clever.

Pushing away from her desk she stepped around it, sitting down before looking back at them. "Baxter let me ask you, are you as confident as Kincaid that you're immune to anything I'd decide on this matter?" she asked watching the man become uncomfortable under her gaze.

"Mikhaila I really don't see why you women have to blow everything so out of proportion these days," Baxter said quickly shaking his head, his eyes dropping to run the length of stocking clad leg showing under her desk. "As soon as someone came up with the hair brained idea of sexual harassment or discrimination that seems to be the first thing one of you women screams when things don't go your way."

"Well I think that answers most of my questions, along with demonstrating your lack of intelligence. It also makes my decision much easier and I'm sure less painful for all of us," she said pulling her desk drawer open laying three folders on the desk.

Glancing at the clock she stood up, "It's now four o'clock and I'm sure that'll give each of you enough time to make arrangements to have your offices cleaned out by the end of the week," she said walking over, leaning down her arms pushing her breasts together increasing her cleavage, handing each of the now silent men a folder. "I see since none of you're sure of what I just said even though I was speaking perfectly clear English, let me break it down."

Leaning against her desk again she watched each of them open the folders viewing their termination papers. "I've been asked, and let me restate the word 'asked', how the transition was going between those of you, me and everyone else. Numerous times I've changed the subject not feeling that we needed to air our disagreements with those at corporate since I was hoping that we'd work this out and we'd all work together with acceptance and be successful at what we do.

Those papers or should I say the final decision was handed to me when reports were made to corporate telling of the discord and chaos in this office and they'd had enough of it. I'm sure each of you'll want to dispute them. I can tell you now that Martin is flying into Chicago late this evening and will be able to meet with you at some time during his three day stay if he feels the need," she said firmly, mentally preparing herself for the blow up she knew without a doubt was about to occur.

Brent stood up quickly; his face flushed a deep red glaring at her, waving the folder toward her. "What makes you seem to think that you can get away with this shit? I'll make sure that by the time I'm done your going to be standing in the unemployment line along with that damn wanna be corporate yahoo you're fucking under everyone's nose," he stormed around the office.

"You think you can flaunt your body and your recent conquest in front of all of us and not be burned by that same fire Mikhaila?" Kincaid said standing up slowly, glancing at her as if completely disinterested in anything she'd said or would say. "You've got it all wrong sweet heart," he smiled sarcastically, "like Brent said you and your fuck buddy will be the ones going down for this while the three of us are awarded by corporate for ferreting out the rats they're to blind to see, fucking right in front of their faces," he laughed mimicking Brent rude hand gestures when talking about she and Caleb.

"You know for as many times as I've read that company hand book and hell even sat down to add my own two cents to it. I don't think I've ever seen anything in it about us being able to tell our employees who they can or cannot fuck as you so eloquently phrased it Kincaid," Martin said stepping into Mikhaila's office closing the door firmly behind him. "And I'd hate to admit if something that was done in front of anyone's face they'd have to be blind not to see this stunning creature," he grinned at Mikhaila.

Mikhaila sighed seeing Martin walk in. Stepping around the desk she took his offered hand.

"As you can see I took a much earlier flight hoping I'd be in time for your meeting but things at the airport delayed me. But I'm here now and it seems like I made my appearance at a very opportune time," Martin said turning to look at the three silent men after tossing his heavy coat over the back of a vacant chair.

"Before we get down and dirty with this situation gentlemen, let me tell you this action's been one that's been sitting on hold hoping that you'd all grow up and begin acting your age. I can also assure you that it was thought of and the plans discussed long before Mikhaila took over this office," he snapped when Brent opened his mouth to speak.

"I'm sure Mikhaila mentioned my being in town and that each of you could dispute this with me while I'm here, but I've changed my mind and washed my hands of the issue completely. If any of you'd like to formally dispute it you're going to have to go through the proper channels with the head corporate office and human resources because I don't want to be bothered with dealing with people who've no place within our business," he said stepping over to open the door. "I can also tell you security's been alerted that they might be needed and are standing by. I suggest that each of you do what you can to make arrangement for your offices and the items you're not able to take with you in the allotted time today."

Leaning back against her desk, she took a deep breath and held it, wishing she'd open her eyes and find that this had all been a bad dream and she was still in bed.

Martin closed the door quietly, having stepped into the hallway watching the men as they went toward their former offices to begin their clean out. "I must say young lady I'd hoped for our first meeting to be much different than this but it seems like that isn't what fate has in mind for us," he laughed stepping over gripping her shoulder gently.

Mikhaila laughed and rolled her eyes, "You make it sound as though I'm chaos waiting to happen," she said motioning toward the sitting area. "I'm glad that you're here but I just wish that none of that'd had to happen," she said taking the over stuffed chair across from him, crossing her legs carefully hoping he didn't think she used her physical attributes to influence any of the men in the office. She was still shocked at her actions when leaning over earlier.

Shaking his head he sat glancing around the immaculate office, "I can tell you this Mikhaila, when you took over this position corporate was thinking seriously of closing this office down and grandfathering a few of the employees into other offices and breaking the work load down among each," he explained. "You were our last ditch effort to make this group once again a thriving successful part of the company, and I don't have to remind you all of it came about right before one of the largest campaigns we launched in the past few years," he laughed when she groaned shaking her head at his reminder.

"Never anything but excitement for such a special day is there?" he laughed when she blushed. "Stephanie told me that today was your birthday and that she was waiting for you to finish your meeting so she could bring some large packages that'd arrived for you, apparently from Caleb," he grinned.

Standing up she walked to her desk grabbing her phone, "Damn it I forgot to let Stephanie know Emily could come back," she said before telling the receptionist just that.

Emily walked in carrying the large package wrapped with a huge bow, laughing at the expression on Mikhaila's face. "I was told by a little bird that you were to read the card before even touching the boxes," she smiled flashing the small note she held.

Ripping open the envelope glancing at it before reading a portion of it out loud, "Tell Martin to head up to the apartment and dress in his best, a car will be sent to pick both of you up at seven. We're going to be having dinner with Phillip who's flying back with me from Paris. You're to kick off those insane heels you insist on wearing to make yourself as tall as the men you work with and grab a relaxing shower and put on the outfit in the boxes Emily's suppose to still be holding. I'll see both you and Martin when you arrive at the restaurant," she finished, folding the note quickly with a laugh, glancing down at the matching navy stiletto's she wore to compliment the crisply cut outfit.

"I also have a message from you from your sister," Emily smiled. "She said she's sorry she hadn't been able to catch up with you but that she's up to her eyes in work getting everything ready for the gallery opening with Alex but that she'd try and give you a call tomorrow night so the two of you could talk for hours."

"I take it you're very close with your sister?" Martin asked, closing his cell phone after making the call to have his suitcases taken to the corporate apartment upstairs.

Mikhaila laughed, "I guess you'd be able to say that. We're twins, I'm the oldest by a few minutes," she explained.

"It's a shame twins have to wait until the day after their birthday to talk," he chuckled, stepping back slowly looking down at her feet first than over her complete outfit. "I have to say those are some what painful looking shoes Caleb mentioned," he laughed, "But as always you're a picture of perfection for someone that puts in the time and the hours that you've done to get this place productive again," he complimented her.

"Now if you'll excuse me I think I'm going to go up and relax for a bit before a February night out in the windy city and possibly call my wife, then shower so I'll be ready when our car arrives for dinner," he said smiling at both women before walking out of the office.

Emily sat the large boxes on the love seat across the office and sat on the arm of it before looking back at Mikhaila. "I don't know how you've managed to pull it off but it looks like you're going to be putting us back on top of the list with the company," she smiled confidently. "First we have one of the head corporate honcho's moves his office to our building, then the big shot from corporate comes in and stands behind you. The icing on the cake is now we're going to have the boss from the most successful international office, I'm sure he'll be some swaggering over inflated self important feeling French man, here for a few days," she laughed when Mikhaila groaned, walking around her desk to flop down in her chair.

"Care to trade places for a week or so?" Mikhaila asked closing her eyes.

"Only if that means I get to sleep at the townhouse with Caleb and you get to sleep in my studio apartment with my cat,. Hell I'd even take just a little of the office action," Emily laughed when Mikhaila opened one eye shaking her head.

"Okay how about you can have the work part of my life cause I seriously hate the thought of having to shave your cat since I'm allergic to them," she laughed seeing Emily sigh and roll her eyes. She knew that Emily almost drooled when she saw Caleb, especially since she'd walked in a few times during their conference calls when he was explaining what he'd do to her when he returned and had seen one of the video's she was watching while they were talking. "Hey who knows maybe you and this international what ever you called him will hit it off and we'll have to fight over you because my life would be hell with out you around," she winked at Emily.

"Not a chance," Emily laughed, walking over to Mikhaila's desk. "I was here last time the rep from France came through the US and I can tell you it wasn't a pleasant experience," she rolled her eyes. "His itinerary was New York, Chicago and then Los Angeles. The girls in the New York office called to warn us when he was on his way, but since you know first hand what the male chauvinistic attitude has always been like here. Reynold would eye all the women in the office and then once he'd picked the one he wanted he'd start with his line, 'wouldn't you like to come and sit and let me explain what wonders we French have to offer in Paris? Come sit here on my lap and we shall discuss it'. And all in that heavy greasy type accent," she grinned when Mikhaila covered her face laughing.

"Well, you're clear for the rest of the day, I can make these few calls and have the information you need faxed to us and you can look over it tomorrow," she said firmly. "You need to start getting yourself ready for your big night out," she grinned at her boss.

"What are your plans for the evening?" Mikhaila asked already wondering if she couldn't look at this as a business meeting and request her assistant be present.

Emily shook her head walking toward the door, "Nope isn't going to work," she grinned, "I'm grabbing a light dinner and a few drinks with friends and then heading home," she chuckled when Mikhaila looked at her pretending to be hurt. "Get ready and have a great time. Look at it this way maybe Caleb was able to unearth someone in the Paris office that isn't revolting and doesn't think the world revolves around him."

I_Shadow
I_Shadow
233 Followers