Believing in Fate Ch. 01

Story Info
Matt realizes the definition of love at first sight.
1.8k words
4.42
13k
5
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/19/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello Readers,

This is my first submission ever! Please comment to any opinions because feedback is always welcome! It is also wonderful if I know my stories are being read! This chapter is very short, but I really wanted to test the waters a bit. Enjoy this short segment until later!

Thanks,

Sw33tlove

*

A sweet laughter filled his ears through the loud pounding music of his club. There was something incredibly sweet and innocent about that laugh that made him want to hear it again just to know who it belonged to. God didn't disappoint him as he heard it again from behind him, and as he turned around, he eyes locked onto an amazing pair of deep blue eyes. Her laughter faded as she realized he was staring at her intently. A curious gaze filled her eyes and disappeared as her attention went back to her friends talking to her.

Wow, Ashlynn thought. The man was sinfully attractive and exactly her type but something in his gaze warned her to stay away from the weird stalker eyed man. His dirty blond hair looked as if he just rolled out of bed, yet it didn't make him look dirty. He had a six o'clock shadow yet filled out his suit as though he was born into it. Mesmerizing deep green eyes that she could get lost in completed his 6'2 frame. She heard her friend saying something about her pager ringing and had to check. Sometimes she regretted choosing her field of medicine simply because she had no life. But then all the smiles and lives she saves are gratifying enough that she enjoys having no life. It probably keeps her grounded too and knowing the responsibilities kept her from ever drinking this lifetime.

Samuel Carson, Heart Attack, Vitals dropping, Sienna Campus, call nurse Peggy @ — - —-.

She knew the name by heart; Mr. Carson was her high-profiled patient who actually owned this hotel she was at now. She quickly apologized to her friend for having to run and promised to make it up to her for lunch the next day. Kara and Micky wouldn't ever be mad at her knowing her passion for medicine. Her drive was simply to help and know that she was a part of someone's happiness even if it were never her own.

Ashlynn ran off to her car sitting in front of the hotel lobby, as the valet knew she was always the first of the trio to run. Jimmy at the valet tossed her keys to her black M6 he always envied. With the tip she gave him since she arrived and the fact that she saved his grandfather's life even when they had no insurance as pro bono work had always made him like the pretty doctor. He was always amazed that she was so smart, sexy, and nice to top it all off. Many doctors wouldn't even operate on a patient that had no insurance and let alone one that was 82 years old with a medical history the size of a medical textbook. Looking after her taillights, he sighed and shook his head. Despite what a great doctor she was, these girls just couldn't drive.

The buzzing finally got to him and seeing the number of miss calls from his mom he knew his dad was in trouble again. It was four months ago when his father had a minor heart attack while he was in Macau and was warned that if he didn't change his dietary habits and exercise then the next one wouldn't be minor. Stubborn old man just wouldn't give up his bacon! He hurried out to call his mother back glancing back to find his blue eyed beauty missing. With a sigh of regret of not getting her number sooner, he ran out and headed to his car while he spoke to his mom. A long gruesome eight hours later with horrible coffee, uncomfortable chairs and pacing was starting to get to Matthew. He paced back and forth until his mother's voice called to him softly.

"Matt, honey. He'll be alright my dear. We're all here for him and he knows that. He's too strong and stubborn to leave us," his mom whispered softly.

"I know mom, if only he weren't so stubborn about change we wouldn't be here," he said as he put an arm around her. His mom seemed so fragile and vulnerable tonight.

"Mrs. Carson?" A tired voice asked. Looking up Matt saw those beautiful blue eyes again as his mother stood up.

"How is he? Is he alright?" his mother asked.

"He's alright. He's very lucky but he's a strong bull and he'll pull through. We'll keep him in ICU for a while to keep a good eye on him but he'll be under for a while so get some rest alright?" Ashlynn comforted her patient's wife while trying to keep her surprise hidden. She couldn't believe he was standing here and was the son of her patient. While she knew the Carson's personally after he hired her as their personal physician, this was the first time she's seen his son. The elusive Matthew Carson was always gone from his parent's lives wheeling and dealing their business empire. She could understand the need to strive forward, but to ignore your family at the same time made her simply not able to understand his mind. Her family was the sole balance in her life that is her rock. She knows how important her family is and knows that they would always be there for her so she'd always be there for them. It's sad to see the only thing bringing this family back together was his father's near death illness.

He could see the wheels turning in her mind through her eyes, wondering what she could possibly be thinking. Probably that he was a stalker most likely, he smirked.

"Get some rest, and I'll see you tomorrow alright?" she said gently to my mom. She sounded genuinely sincere and it's something he hasn't heard in a while. In his life, the people he associated with always wanted something in return and there was never a sincere voice. She glanced up at him underneath her lashes and turned away. He felt as if he'd finally understood the meaning of love at first sight, although this may have been his second time to set his sights on her. He was so deep in his thoughts that he didn't see the glint in his mother's eyes and the knowing look on her face.

"You may want to close your mouth before the drool hits the floor, son," she teased him. The lightness back in her eyes, relieved from the news about his father.

"I think I'm in love mom," he answered her.

"I believe you are son, I believe you are," thinking her husband would be pleased since they intended to set these two up anyways. Nice to know fate was on their side.

Ashlynn didn't know what to think after returning to her office for some space. She didn't know what it was about that man but something about him made her want to run the opposite direction but at the same time curiosity drew her closer. A light knock on her door brought her back to reality. She really had to get a hold of herself. She's been a very successful, independent thirty year-old that was mooning over a man who probably can't even recognize her.

"Hey sis, you alright?" her brother interrupted. In the dim glow of her office light, it played off his features perfectly. While they both inherited their height from their father, they were different in every other aspect. While she took her father's blue eyes, he had their mother's deep black eyes. So as she had her mother's silky dark asian hair, her brother's was a light chestnut brown that were full and thick on that smart head of his. Both their features were accented with their parents' flawless complexion.

"Yeah, just have my mind stuck on something. What are you doing here so late?" she asked. Her brother usually liked his 9-5 working hours and only rounded for a few hours after that.

"Had a call earlier and just stayed to finish up some paperwork and lost track of time I guess. I saw your light on so I figured you'd got called on too. Are you ready to go home? I could really use a ride..." he trailed off with a grin. It was times like these where she regretted suggesting he get a condo in her own building.

"Sure, loser. I thought we agreed that you would be MY slave for eternity when I covered for you sneaking out those nights in high school." she retaliated and figured her brother would be a good distraction for her mind for the night.

"Well we never really did shake on that sis," he said as he swung his arm around her shoulder.

"And while we're at it, how about that dinner you own me? It sounds good about now, don't you think?"

"Ha! No way, my ride, your treat," she bargained.

"Taken! As long as I get to pick the music."

"No way! My ride, my rules," she claimed. She knew she would always win. He always gave into her demands for as long as she can remember and she was grateful for it.

That was what Matthew saw as he walked to his car to get a change of clothes for his mom and to freshen up himself. He saw the man's arm slung around his women. HIS. Wow, he didn't know where that came from, but it felt pretty good saying it. He didn't know why he had this sudden possession of her, when she probably didn't even know his name, but he knew that she would eventually be his. He always got what he wanted, but this wasn't just a matter of having her. He felt as if he needed her now that he's met her. She wasn't just another conquest like his business deals, but something that he would love having by his side. While he's been so successful in business, he's been realizing how lonely the life he led was. It wasn't until he woke up in the middle of the night in yet another hotel room, reaching for a cold pillow that he would love to sleep in his home and have a warm body to pull close to his every night. Who the hell was this guy? Matt thought. The man was way too comfortable with the mysterious Dr. Ashlynn McGregor for his liking, but as far as he knew, his mother had told him that she was definitely single. His mother would know, after all, she was their family's private physician for the last three years. He had a feeling, they'll be calling for a private visit very, very soon.