Bending the Rules Pt. 08: Wingman

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah, yeah. Alright, let's go see this winter wonderland of yours."

"Right. Make sure you've got your fire spells slotted..."

They walked away chattering and laughing.

"Phew. Nicely done, Jaheem. What do you want to do with all those leg armors?"

The lyena flicked one, sending it bouncing and tumbling away, then looked away, bored.

"Don't care? Well, I can take those off your paws for you. I thought you'd be excited to own something for once, though."

Jaheem sneezed, sending another leg armor clattering to the side. He got up and walked to a bare patch of ground.

"Allergic, huh? Oh well. I can get a few coins for 'em. No sense letting it go to waste."

He gathered up all of them, but left the disenchanted armors and the gooey one that had spit all over it sitting on the ground.

"Be back in a bit. Take off if anybody harasses you."

Jaheem made a goofy face.

"Or have some fun I guess. I won't tell you how to live your life."

The big feliform chuckled darkly, raising the hairs on the back of Nuru's neck.

*****

"Covered in leaves and dirt now? This gets less and less useful every time. Are you sure you're going to be able to do it?" Makena said.

"Yes, I'm getting my quest guidance together. Adventurers can be surprisingly dense."

"Oh, the stories I could tell you about that! Enough said, here's your money. And your scrolls."

"Thanks."

*****

"Greetings. I have acquired some armor, as requested."

"Great, let me see," Nuru said.

"Here you go. Question, are those leg braces lying around for a reason?"

"Funny you should ask. Old Jaheem over there is apparently not fond of them and is stealing them or something. You bring them to me, I'll take them, but you're on your own for getting past him with it."

"Weren't you looking for full sets anyway?"

"Yes."

"That works out then."

"They're more common than the rest; people farming those seem to be having some trouble with that, but I'll be OK. I figure at some point he'll get bored and move on."

"Noted. How many sets you got so far?"

"None complete, although I have three of six major pieces in one, and four of six major pieces in another."

"Nice. Who you going after with this set?"

"It's not for me, actually. I don't know what the target is."

"Really? You're going to a lot of trouble for this. Well, your business I suppose - see you next trip."

"Good hunting!"

/Ready?/

(Do it.)

Nuru finished one of his potions and threw the bottle on the pile of leg armor.

/How's your MP holding up?/

(All this mana burn is making my head fuzzy. I think it's dropping my MP refill rate.)

/I was afraid of that. We're probably going to need most of your potions./

"I suppose 'no potions for a month' is still an improvement over 'no MP at all'."

*****

Nuru dismissed Jaheem and started walking home.

/Last one. How many potions you got left?/

"One liter."

/It'll have to do./

"Wait, what? You just said this is the last one."

/Last ward I'm placing in preparation. The actual battle is going to be another matter. Some of my auras are pretty spendy, and I'm going to have to keep them active for awhile./

"What I wouldn't give to watch that."

/No time to get a trance going. You'll just have to settle for my commentary./

"That sounds good too."

/Hold onto your hat, mortal. If you can stay up all night, I'm definitely putting out./

"I'll get some Wakeful Tea. Bet you I don't need it though."

/And you know how long a night is on my side?/

"I do, actually. Same as mine, you just can't see the sun come up from there."

/Oh good, you know enough about my world to talk about the weather. I'm so impressed./

"Perhaps when this is over you'll spare me a few moments to discuss matters of more consequence."

/I doubt there's much to discuss until you reach your Level Eleven goal./

Nuru's MP dropped past zero again. He resisted the urge to take a swig of mana potion; he could afford to let it regen now, and he'd need the potion for later.

"Oof. No need to be... humble. You're far more... interesting than you think."

/Nuru, are you coming on to me?/

"I'm keeping that... option open, but no. I'll have a better... line for that when I do. I'm sure you're tired of... any old cheesy proposition."

/Nuru, I- damn. I almost thought you cared there for a second./

"Gotta keep you... guessing somehow. 'Maybe' only matters... if you think it's actually... possible that I mean 'yes'."

/We'll have to continue this another time. I need to meditate so I can pull in my initiative and resistance bonuses./

"And I'm not... good company in this state... anyway."

Nuru got some Wakeful Tea from the inn.

"Anything else I can get you?" Mesi asked. "You don't look so good."

"Don't worry, just mana burn hangover. I don't suppose you've got mana potion."

"I don't, I've been giving all mine to Dayo. It's a new month tomorrow though."

"Any chance you can give me a quest to go get your next month's share? Or does Dayo need it that badly?"

"Well... alright. Shop keeper keeps trying to hit on me, so I won't miss that. But you owe me a Small Favor too."

"Done."

They drew up reciprocating quests - Small Favor in exchange for a mana potion, and mana potion in exchange for the nominal cost plus ten. Even wash on the EXP.

"Back in a few. Shop's about to close."

"I'm about done with my shift too. Hurry back!"

Nuru ran, slowed down by the door, and walked in with a carefully calculated air of nonchalance.

"You closed yet, or can I make one more purchase?"

"What do you need?"

"Got a pickup for a mana potion for Mesi. Here's the quest."

"Aw, not coming in person? Sigh. Make one exception and suddenly everybody wants one. Can't wait til tomorrow?"

"I mean it can, but she might not need it tomorrow. I might switch to her scavenger hunt quest instead if she bumps the reward on it."

"Eh, fine. Fifty-five."

"Forty-five."

"Come on, I'm taking a small risk here, giving it to you early, and clearly people want to take advantage. You think that's free?"

"Never said it was. Fine, fifty."

"Done. Have a good night."

"Here."

The shopkeeper swept the money from the counter and deposited four half-liter potions in its place.

"Tell that cutie I said hi!"

"Sure."

Nuru went, swapped quests with Mesi, then went in search of his favorite haystack. He settled in to wait.

*****

/First one's here, right on time./

(I got some more mana potion.)

/Nuru, I'm so getting you laid after this./

(That's not necessary).

/Oh, but it is./

(You just want me to think with my dick anytime you want something.)

/Is it working?/

(...yes.)

/Excellent. I know how to work with that./

Nuru felt a tickle, saw his MP starting to drop.

...

/Lieutenant, what are you doing here?/

...

/Coming here, now? Why?/

...

/That's preposterous. I've been more productive than ever./

...

/No! He said that? Can't you talk to him for me?/

...

/Of... of course. I understand, even the Biggest Favor is useless to you if I'm dead./

...

/He has always been adept at keeping us separated. I'd once hoped we might- well, no time for what might have been. You'd better stand free. You don't want to be seen with me right now./

...

/Invited you here? As an object lesson, no doubt. He wants to make sure you don't question his rule. He can't have you getting ideas, even as old as he is, being only Level Seventy. You're clearly the most ambitious of his whole fiefdom./

...

/Of course I've noticed! And he has too. He knows if he lost you he'd be right where you are, annexed into one of the neighbors, if he made it out alive at all. You almost made it last century, and only dumb luck gave you a critical fail at the same time that he got the critical hit. It could all have gone very differently./

...

/I have my sources. Sources that tell me that he is stagnating while your strength continues to gather./

...

/Yes, I would have supported you. But now it seems that I will follow in the hoofprints of my predecessor. Stupid bitch. Have you seen her lately?/

...

/Pathetic, a hollow husk of her former self. Had so much going for her, and threw it all away on a foolish assassination attempt. She knew she was no match for him. So I did what I had to do when I had my chance. I know you had a thing with her. Yes, some beholder ripped it out of her the other day for sport. She was wailing about what you could have been together./

...

/It did make me think. If you and I- ah, but I believe my VIP has arrived./

...

/Yes, my lord./

...

/What!? But I've done everything-/

...

/Yes, I am still working on-/

...

/No! Please! Just a little more time! I'll-/

...

/Urgh! Can I just make- one last- request-!/

...

cough

hack

/Just let me feel you once more. Like old times./

...

/Of course, my lord./

...

/Well, I had no need for clothing after today, anyway!/

giggle

...

/How you doing there, Nuru?/

(Not too bad. Half my MP bar left.)

/Surprising, you don't have that big a pool. What's that? Oh, I have a listener- no my lord, just a mortal I've snared./

...

/Level Four, I believe. Yes sir... No sir. Bard./

...

/Nuru, he says to tell you that you're in luck, you have a unique opportunity. You're going to witness my brutal death in long and exquisite detail. He'd like you to make a ballad to his glory. I'm to pass instructions as we go along./

...

/Why yes, my lord, I've always had this aura. Brings out the gleam in my eyes, don't you think?/

...

/We're to begin with a beating, mortal. Prepare yourself, Nuru./

Nuru saw a candle image as before, burning down quickly this time, and also smaller. Instinctively, he popped a cork and took a drink of mana potion.

"Blue raspberry flavor," he mused, trying to take his mind off the ugly scene playing in his imagination. "But raspberries aren't blue. Who ever thought of that?"

His mana topped up, and the candle collapsed - and his MP took a hit.

/Unf! Thank you my lord./

Another small candle popped up, burned down and collapsed.

/Nngh. Yes, you've done far more, my lord. Mortal, you are to note that I am now being flogged./

Nuru's MP took a bigger hit.

/What am I doing? Why, my lord, I am but the object of action- the target of your wrath./

...

/Mana draw? The mortal must be out fighting. He can pull from my powers, this was the price for his fealty./

...

/Very well, I shall cast as well I can to prevent him. Mortal, you are instructed to stop fucking around and pay attention, so that my lord's efforts may be fully appreciated. I am to burn my MP as much as possible with all haste, to prevent your access. And take all of yours as well./

Another candle burned down, bigger this time. Nuru timed a drink carefully. His MP took another hit, and went down to about half after the drain.

/Aaauuurrrgghh! My lord still has... quite the right hook./

Seven candles appeared, six of them small and one large. The small ones burned down one after the other, and the big one burned down at a rate to follow up the small ones. That one was going to hurt.

Nuru sipped carefully, trying to let his mana regen do most of the recovering.

/Why, you know my skill tree- these are the big spells that I have. I cannot drain my MP any further unless-/

...

/You still have the Soul Saver ring? I was hoping you'd say that./

...

/Of course I still want you in me. Those are the moments I live for, and I know you always use protection. Great EXP and a great experience./

One after another, the candles collapsed, each taking a good quarter of Nuru's MP with them. Then the big one came, and tore Nuru down into mana burn again.

/Oh, that spell? I'm just getting you good and warmed up while I burn some mana. Not that you need it, but if this is to be our last time together, I want you to get the full experience./

...

/Why, I thought you were enjoying the beatings, but if you want to fuck me then I'll allow it./

...

/I really have been a bad girl, haven't I? You really should punish me./

...

/I'd love for him to watch. See exactly what is waiting for him if he gets out of line./

...

/I won't bite you, there's no way you'll use all my holes then./

...

/Coming face to cock with such a specimen never ceases to amaze./

...

Nuru started hearing the unmistakeable sound of Adana moaning with something being shoved in and out of her mouth. She didn't just give head like her life depended on it, she was displaying herself and making enticing noises at whoever was still doing the watching. It was the lieutenant, if he was following correctly.

/Just think, mister right-hand-demon, you could have had this for yourself./

...

/At the same time? Well, I'll let you delicious beefcakes figure out who gets what end./

...

/Why don't you boys stand right here and I can fluff you both up good and hard for me to start with./

More auditory fellatio ensued, getting a bit faster and more aggressive.

/I wish I had tear ducts so this meal could bring a tear to my eye!/

...

/Oh, don't you fret about that, my auras are meant to help you keep it up longer for me. You don't have to worry about being done too soon./

...

/Gods below you're so big! No, slow down, it won't fit! You've got to warm me up before you- gnaaah!/

...

/See? Let me limber those muscles up inside and I can squeeze it so nice for you./

...

/Yes, my auras have always been this strong, why do you ask?/

...

/You know I've never been a match for you. Relax, don't spoil the moment./

...

/The mortal? Why, for the longest time he had no MP at all. Worst luck with wights. Bad MAG roll, too. Couldn't even die correctly. You remember. No, it wasn't your fault, he changed his True Name at just the right moment./

...

/Because beggars can't be choosers, that's why! I didn't ask to be born a succubus, and I knew I'd never grow any bigger than you let me. I had to take a chance./

...

/That's true. We do have more fun as a class./

...

/You're so right, I for sure could have belonged to a worse fiefdom./

...

/Well be sure to keep my broken husk around, you know you're going to miss this. Although I won't have as much... spirit./

...

/The big finish already? But we haven't even changed positions!/

...

/See, this is so much better./

...

/Of course I don't want to die yet, but come on, you're enjoying this too./

...

/No, I really must insist, we need to do the Standing Sandwich before we call it a night./

...

/See, you take my ass, and *you* take my cunt./

...

/Hold on, stand still. Let me get it... yes. You're in, now it's your turn. OH FUCK YES!/

...

/Oh don't stop, don't stop, don't stop.../

Nuru saw three big candles start burning down.

/Oh gods below you're going to make me cum _again_!/

The first candle collapsed and Nuru went negative on MP. The second was coming up quick and he chugged mana potion as quickly as he could. He stopped to catch a breath as the second burn hit him and then dropped the empty mana potion and opened the next one and kept drinking.

/Hold it just like that, just... like... that... RRRAAAAAAUUUGGHH YES YES FUCK I'M COMING YES COME FOR ME, COME FOR ME, COME HERE MMMMMM!MAMAYAR MAFI GIRMA RAYUWA!/

Nuru heard some unearthly sound coming from Adana. He didn't have time to stop and process as the third major mana pull slammed into him, dropping him into the negative as he drained another potion.

/Yes I most certainly did! Now you're *mine*. Stop him! Don't let him get away!/

...

/Surely you're not afraid of little old _me_. Come back my lord, let's discuss this like civilized- yes! Break his knee! Just don't let him escape! No, no! No! Head him off! My auras have drained his strength, he can't fight you like he normally can./

...

/Rrrah! Got you! Now you're mine as well- guh!/

...

cough

/Oh, but I do, actually. You don't even know it yet./

A small series of candles appeared before Nuru, and he prepared to break the seal on the last two mana potions.

/You think so? It is just a runed dagger, true - but it feeds from wards in the area on my command. Just like-!Kwanse!/

He drank half of one as the candles collapsed and took quarters of his pool with them.

/You're right. It was too much for the such a simple weapon to survive more than one channeling. But you know what else? It put a hole in your defensive enchantments.!Mafi Yawan Gajiya!/

After two of the candles did so, the rest faded and vanished. He stoppered the partial bottle and waited.

/Hold him- hold him!/

...

/Your turn, my lord. It's time for you to come inside./

...

/It's too late to bargain. I asked for more time, but a deal is a deal. You said no more time, and I'm going to hold you to it./

...

/Come now, how old are you? And you're still in this same place, doing the same things, getting nowhere, fighting age debuffs? You can't possibly mean to tell me you had a life to get back to. But don't worry, I'm going to give you _so_ much purpose./

...

/It hurts, of course it hurts, I know. But it'll all be over soon. You were in such a hurry to come earlier, now's your chance./

...

/Yes, come on, give it to me, give me *all* of it./

...

/You're still a big strong demon, I know you can do it. Yes, you can. Yes, you can. Come, let your mistress help you out. Let me get that ring off. Yes, I know it protects you from me. But you don't need that _now_, do you?/

...

/Oh we're going to have so much fun together, just you wait and see!/

...

/Just a little more. Fill me up, you know you want to. You always love our little playtime sessions. This one is no different./

...

/OK, just a little different. We have a friend watching!/

Two big candles started burning down. Nuru took a deep breath.

/Oh, and a mortal that gets to hear every savory moment of his mistress's victory. Such a privilege for you to participate in!/

Nuru clutched the potion with shaking hands as the candle shrank down, and he took another mana burn hit.

/Oh yes... give it to me... oh yes... yes you can... you know you want to... yes... yes... YES!!/

He quickly finished off another potion in time for the second candle to collapse, and drain him again.

/!Mamayar Rai Mafi Girma!/

The eerie sound following the words shook Nuru to the core, undisguised by other sounds coming from Adana now. It was like nothing he'd ever heard before, and could only imagine it to be the pain and terror of a soul being stretched in ways it was not meant to be. A long silence followed.

"Adana?"

There was only silence in his head.

"...Adana?"

/Hey, gimme a second. I just leveled over here for fuck's sake./

"Oh, shit. Nice!"

...

/So, well done timing your MP fills to those images. I couldn't give you any instructions on that because he was listening in. Weren't you, you foolish old berzerker? Yes you were! You were listening in on your mistress talking to her mortal!/

"Are... are we done then?"

/Oh no, my fun is just beginning. I'm going to really break in my new thralls for awhile. But you're free to go. Take the rest of the night off, why don't you?/

"Right... OK."

Nuru climbed out of the haystack.

"What the..."

Adana chittered with laughter in his head.

"When did it become morning!?"

/Sun came up about thirty minutes ago, I think. Haw haw!/

"And you're still gonna be up and..."

/Hey, I need to have a little chat with these brand new souls I've stolen. Gotta make sure they're really mine and won't be slipping back into their old wicked ways. Isn't that right? You wanna stay with your mistress now! Don't you, you hunky doofuses? And then after that, it's time to celebrate, and I've got two big, strong, high-level men just waiting to tend to my every whim! Really, this party's just getting started./