Bessie's Reformation

Story Info
Couple work on Bessie to turn her around.
4.9k words
4.53
21k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Recently hired graduates Jed Tanner and Philip Harrison walked from the elevators on to fourth floor of Gunson, Tanner, McKeever, Ricardo – Attorneys at Law. The sad face of the new receptionist on their floor caught their attention. She looked up, half-smiled and returned to her keyboard before either could respond.

"I bet she finds it hard landing fucks," whispered Fo-Mo, Philip's nickname from Law School bestowed by one of the women lecturers as a branding: it was short for foul mouth. Philip had reacted with typical aggression, confronting the tough middle-aged lecturer. She asked him what would he'd preferred and he leered – "BD." Sally Campbell led him away to her office to check the claim that BD or big dick was worthy more than a visual confirmation.

"Don't be rude," Jed winced. "She may have thrush."

"Not from over-use I bet," sneered the ungentlemanly Philip.

Jed sighed. Perhaps his father was right. Kevin Tanner, chairman of staffing, had placed Philip on three months' notice – Improve personal presentation and behavior or resign. After two months Philip showed no sign of change.

"I'll wager a thousand bucks that in one month I can turn Bessie Jackson into a dateable woman who exudes style and presence."

"Okay handsome rich kid," Philip scowled, "What's the catch – you know I don't have that sort of money to bet with?"

"If the staffing committee confirms your appointment at the end of the month and you lose the wager, you won't have to pay up."

"Ha, and if I'm forced to resign I'll be out of here and you'll be unable to collect should I lose the bet."

Jed smiled with fixed eyes. "If you run out owning me money I'll hunt you down and kill you."

"Yes, you cold asshole, I half-believe you'd do that. Okay, you begin you work on Bessie and if by thirty days from now I acknowledge you've done a great job or alternatively if I feel obliged to get into her panties you win the bet; if I vomit over her panties, you lose."

"You're a crude asshole Fo-Mo."

Philip grinned as if Jed had paid him a supreme compliment.

"Look, we are only arm's-length friends," Jed said sincerely. "But I'm willing to help you sharpen up to avoid having the wheels put under you at the end of the month. I'd rather do that than play out this bet over Bessie."

"Nah, don't waste your time. I can smile and grovel like the rest of them but if the committee remains unconvinced then I'm out of here to go work for legal-beavers servicing rough and tumble clients – real people. Don't worry about me, buddy."

After checking his computer for urgent messages, Jed called Bessie.

"Hi Bessie, it's Jed Tanner."

"Yes Mr Tanner."

"Lunch with me today."

After a slight pause she said no.

"May I ask why not?"

There was no pause this time. "Because the girls say you're a cold asshole; excuse my language but I'm only quoting what's been said."

"Apology accepted. Obviously I have to smarten up my act. What time is your lunch break?"

"Early, I go on the dot of noon."

"Fine, I'll meet you in the foyer."

"But I said..."

"Give an honest guy a break Bessie."

* * *

A noon there was no sign of Asshole in the foyer so Bessie left the building less than happy with him. He'd asked for a break, she'd decided to give him a break and now this. A car horn sounded behind her and someone called 'Bessie!" She turned and there was Asshole waving from a green European sports car. The thought of being fucked by this guy drew her like a blowfly to ageing meat.

"Hi – I thought collecting you from the foyer might set tongues wagging. We'll do it this way in future."

"Future? Isn't that a little arrogant?"

"Give me a break Bessie."

She decided if he was driving her somewhere to fuck her that was okay, although she'd prefer lunch to be truthful. The sacrifices a girl has to make for men!

Jed smiled at her: "You're wearing a black top on so we can do Italian safely."

Food, he was offering food; glory be; I can safely uncross my legs now, she thought and then replied: "What has a black top to do with it?"

"No-one will see the tomato sauce splashes."

Her mouth opened and she giggled. This Jed guy was halfway to being okay.

The place was a dive. Had she thought halfway to being okay? Cancel please.

"This place is a dive but the food is divine." It was said with so much sincerity she had to believe him.

After she was seated he jumped up and took the linen napkin off her knees and tucked it in at the top of her buttoned up shirt. Then he ran his hand lightly down her front and said, "Nice tits."

Bessie's mind went into a wobble shouting inside her head to confuse her: 'Asshole' and 'Lover. She gave him a break and thanked him for attending to her cleanliness and adding a compliment, "You are such a gentleman. She sighed, why didn't he forget that compliment and just drag her into the restroom and fuck her?

They ordered and then looked at each other awkwardly. She waited for his shoe to press in between her ankles but no, he began talking about work instead, asking her was she being appreciated after being on the job a fortnight. No, that very morning she'd been called to face the office manager and practically bawled out – her second reprimand in two weeks. Should she tell him or not? Well, she wanted to talk to someone about it and he might be just the person to give helpful advice – although that could be like spitting into the wind.

"The office manager rebuked me in my first week for not wearing clothing that 'fitted in', the old cow."

"What did she mean by that?"

"Wearing black of course, like her and most of the female staff."

"You'd look great in black."

What was this? He sounded like her mom or spoke like a track coach: 'Just a little more effort, Bessie; your technique with the javelin is looking pretty near to good now but in your mind just think another six foot longer than your best-ever throw – you can do it Bessie'.

"What do you know about it?"

"Hey – why am I looking down the barrel? I'm just a guy trying to help out."

"Sorry. So tell me."

"I've visited at least twenty law offices, worked in five of them, and wearing either black or dark grey formal attire for everyone dealing with clients is mandatory in a good two-thirds of those offices. In the remainder I would say personnel have the freedom of choice...along with the expectation they toe the line."

"So why is our company different – have practically no rules and guidelines whatsoever?"

"Because my father and fellow partners are liberally minded with the belief that people given freedom conform in the interest of the common good and they hire personnel with high intelligence to increase chances of that happening."

"So I stand out like a sore thumb and everyone assumes I'm not a team player?"

"Exactly, and what did I just say about hiring policy?"

Bessie blushed realizing she'd been just delivered a compliment.

"So I should just wear mid-gray and slowly push that out to light gray?

"Probably not but I'd suggest you discuss that with Kirsty the office manager. However, perhaps not since she has her eye on you; instead consider wearing black, pin-stripe black even."

"That sounds expensive and anyway I'm not likely to be around much longer. Kirsty called me in again and bit my ass for slouching and looking grim too often and for too long. I felt like landing one between her eyes but instead howled and went rushing out and that seemed to give her satisfaction."

"Oh."

"Yes, you would have surprised me had you had anything better to offer."

"Come and live with me and my girlfriend for three weeks."

"What? You evil man; I'm not into threesomes."

"No, Maggie leaves me at the end of next month as she'd going to live in France with her parents for a year or more. Maggie knows stuff you need to know – she works as a store model and I know she's a real wiz at giving advice on make-up, clothes and what she calls deportment. Her girl friends flow in and out of our apartment like runny butter."

"You can't be serious."

"Okay, forget it – no; come around tomorrow evening and meet Maggie. I'll brief her and if she likes you she'll do it and if you don't like her, me and/or our apartment, you just say Sayonara after dinner and go on your way as you'll be under no obligation."

"Why should I do this?" "Save you job is one reason; save your career is another and become a better person is another. Maggie and I could turn you around in three weeks."

"You? Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. Be courageous Bessie – what have you to loose? If you're worried about me you must recall you lost your virginity some time ago so even that can't be a reason for digging you toes in."

The next evening at 8:00 Bessie knocked on the navy blue painted door with brass fittings in a sweat, entering the unknown. She knew she ought to have dressed formally – his girlfriend was a model for fuck sake – and here she was dressed in old jeans and a sweater that had 'Yale' in huge letters with 'Lock Company' in tiny letters below that word. Her hair was fastened into a pony tail with a rubber band from her father's newspaper and her sneakers were ancient.

A tall, beautiful woman with a towel around wet hair and in only a dressing gown it would appear greeted her: "Hi Bessie – I'm Maggie."

They kissed and Maggie took her through to the bedroom where she had two glasses and a bottle of wine on the dresser and old jeans and a sweater on the bed. "Pour the wine while I get dressed – I'm dressed up all day so was hoping you'd come casual otherwise I'd have to dress up.

"I couldn't decided what to wear so I just came 'as is'."

"I admire your frankness – Obi-Wan Kenobi indicated you have a problem of dressing up at your office?"

"Who?

"What do you mean?"

"Who's Obi-Wan Kenobi."

"Oh sorry," Maggie giggled. "It's my nickname for Jed – Jedi – Star Wars. Get it?"

"Oh," Bessie laughed. "Where is he – looking for his Brown Robe or out playing with the Dark Force?"

Maggie shrieked with laughter and said no he was cooking dinner.

"Jed cooks a whole dinner?" Bessie gulped, knowing she knew how to boil eggs and not burn peas dry.

"He does all the cooking 24/7 as I really am a busy girl. He keeps the apartment tidy – we have a woman who comes in Mondays and Fridays to do the cleaning and laundry. All I have to do is to attend to my mess in the bathroom and supply the sex; even after that he runs the bath for me."

"A comely lad to have around the place."

"You're funny," Maggie screamed with laughter, so loud that Jed came running with carving knife in hand.

"Oh hi, Bessie," he said.

"Don't be rude – kiss her. You practically devour my girlfriends when they arrive."

Bessie lifted her mouth and was kissed. She'd half-expected him to kiss like a wet fish with his reputation of being cold, but his lips were warm and full. She awarded him five out of five.

Maggie had taken off her gown. She had a body made in heaven and was wearing a strapless bra and panty shorts – both garments coffee color with bits of silk to which were attached gorgeous lace.

"Yummy, what exquisite underwear," Bessie said.

"Don't give him a focus Bessie," Maggie giggled, "otherwise it will be a very late dinner. Off you go, Jedi and may the Force be with you."

Jed went and Maggie pulled on her sweater and then lay on the floor to pull on her jeans – a process performed with well-drilled precision and no red face of exertion.

Noting Bessie's interest Maggie said, "Lesson one, Bessie. Have your jeans tailor-made with at least three fittings and then always eat practically nothing. It really works."

"Eat practically nothing?" Bessie echoed weakly.

Maggie didn't bother putting on make-up, not even lipstick and looking at her enviously. Bessie thought, why bother?

They went up the next level where there was a bedroom with bathroom, an office and a large store room with part of the area being fitted out as a gym.

In the bedroom Maggie pulled Bessie down with surprising strength to sit beside her.

"This is your bedroom Bessie, I want you moved in here by 7:00 tomorrow evening when the three of us will go on a light run; it you can't keep up take a rest at Higgins Wharf and walk back; you'll have your own key."

"But..."

"No buts Bessie. This will be finishing school for you, to turn you into a lady. You may not think I can achieve much in three weeks but don't believe it; you have good basic. I think your main need is to lean style and deportment. If I succeed Obi-Wan Kenobi may well ask you to stay on because he'll need someone to eat his cooking, to keep him company and to attend his sexual needs. I sense that with your wit and motor that's barely running out of first gear you may help draw out the real man that hides behind the facade. He needs that because he gives the impression to people he's disinterested in them – not good for an attorney with partnership ambitions."

"Can't you do that for him?"

"Apparently not – methinks I'm too much like him. We models are trained to act haughty, you know. Well?"

"Well you beautiful bully, I suppose I'll just have to be in residence here by 7:00 tomorrow; I really would like to keep my job and for you to help make me more appealing as a woman. My parents are rather old because although like you and Jed I'm in my late twenties and my mom was almost forty when she had me."

* * *

The start of Bessie's reformation was immediate. She appeared at work next day dressed in black and when Jed arrived on the floor and called a polite greeting to the two receptionists and three clerks working behind them in a row they all looked up and smiled but Bessie added a shy wave to her smile; it was noticed by the others. Jed hoped Bessie gave everyone calling a greeting equal treatment.

Bessie shifted in to the apartment early that evening, Jed lugging the heavier items upstairs for her. Maggie rushed in late looking tired but bounced back after a shower and off they were on their light 50-minute run.

"You're keeping up well," Maggie said encouragingly.

"This pace is no problem – after business college I joined a fitness running club for a couple of years and for the past three years I've confined exercise to swimming fifty to sixty length of the all-year 25-yards indoor public pool near where I live."

"That's 1200 to 1500 yards," said Jed. "How many times a week did you do that?"

"Usually three, more when I became bored waiting for a date."

The next day at lunchtime Bessie went shopping with Maggie who bought Bessie five front hook posture bras to pull her shoulders back for better posture. Bessie was told not to sleep in that bra as her upper body would need relief.

Each morning at 6:30 the trio worked-out in the gym on a circuit and after that Maggie would give Bessie a massage because Bessie was first off to work and then Jed would receive his massage and anything else that was going.

At nights Maggie would talk to Bessie about dress sense and urge her to stop cussing and not to slur over the ends of words as she had a habit of doing. She tutored Bessie on care of her skin and hair and on the selection and application of make-up. Maggie's friends wandered in without notice and always at weekends there were several people in the house including Jed's friends and they went visiting. Before too long Bessie realized she was benefiting from these activities and influences of various people.

At the end of three weeks it was time for Bessie to return to her home, Maggie said she didn't have to go but Bessie insisted saying Maggie and Obi-Wan Kenobi needed their last week together to make it a memorable one. The two women exchanged presents and then Maggie gave Bessie a big box of lacy underwear sets – bra, panties and chemise in bright reds, greens and blues.

"These are samples from the department store where I work – I asked for them in your size. None of us every pay for your underwear and stockings – it's one of the perks of the job. We take home the underwear and swimwear we model but these are new garments."

"They are strong colors."

Maggie smiled and called, "Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're on."

Jed walked in with three black business suits – jacket, shirt and shirt. "We have put you through the grill, Bessie, and Maggie and I wish to gift you these outfits; she acquired them at an excellent price from a supplier."

"I can't believe this – this is so generous, so wonderful."

"You wear the shirts with only the lower button done up so that the lace at the top of your bra just shows, and the wear your chemise adjusted to the exact length of your skirt – I'll show it later." Maggie said. "The intention should be to show just a hint of color – sexy color."

Jed smiled confidently at Bessie. "It's Tuesday tomorrow so I want you to appear in the office as the 'new look' Bessie. Maggie is taking you out this evening to have your hair cut and reshape to the style of your choice. Your review with Kirsty the office manager on Friday – I want her to become used to seeing the confident, well-presented and very professional you before that meeting because it will tell her that this is not a half-day wonder and you'll re-appear as the old you."

"The old me has gone, forever."

"Good, that's great to hear, Bessie, isn't it Maggie?"

"It is indeed, you've worked so hard Bessie. On Friday evening Jed will collect you as he leaves the office to bring you to my farewell at the store. Then on Saturday night he will collect you and bring you to the restaurant where my friends will be farewelling me – you know many of them. I'm hoping this will make you two become used to going out together and you'll move back into this apartment, Bessie."

Bessie looked at her nails of her right-hand and said, "That sounds lovely and I've have to be asked before I'd consider moving back in," she said, looking straight at Jed in cool confidence. Bessie was aware she hadn't used foul language, cracked a joke or pulled a funny face – the new Bessie was talking to Jed, or rather 'at' him and feeling in absolute control.

"Er, it will be a huge gap to fill after you depart Maggie; I'll miss you deeply."

The two women exchanged a quick glance and began talking about Bessie's hair appointment.

"Oh Bessie," Jed said, sounding disinterested. "If Philip Harrison begins taking an interest in your new look, string him along a bit but don't allow him to get his hands on you."

"I have not gone to this trouble to improve myself to let that foul man soil me," Bessie said haughtily and both Maggie and Jed clapped their approval.

"The first time that swine saw me he virtually had his penis in his hand at the ready," Maggie laughed rather weakly. "He is terminally foul."

"Philip has his review on Friday too," Jed said. "I don't like his chances and he stupidly believes he can bluff his way through."

After dinner Jed returned Bessie and her possessions to her home. She introduced Jed, whom she hoped would seen be her new lover, to her parents who replied politely but looked disinterested and Bessie knew why: they were itching to get back to the TV Soap they were watching.

Before Jed turned the corner homeward bound Bessie was missing him and the charismatic Maggie. Maggie would marry nobility in France, Bessie thought dreamily and then snapped back to reality. This talk about 'the new Bessie' was nonsense. Oh yes, dolled up in new clothes and a smart new hair style but little else would really change – old ways and inadequate behavior and style cannot be changed in three weeks. Only an idiot would believe that.

Bessie walked in late as Maggie had advised and was surprised to see the mouths gape at reception. Kirsty came rushing through into reception. "Has Bessie phoned in yet?" Then she gaped.

"I apologize for lateness Mrs Stevens – my father took a bad turn just as I was leaving and my mom turned hysterical," Bessie said, half believing what Maggie had told her: 'Technically, inspired invention is not quite a lie'.

12