Best Friends Forever Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mjm202036
mjm202036
483 Followers

"I'm sorry," he said, looking up when the silence had gained his attention. He seemed to be blushing at everyone looking at him, but quickly looked at his papers and calculator once more. "I'll give you a rough estimate in just a moment as to how much the estate is."

John and Lisa looked at each other confused for a moment before looking at him again. Mr. Schmidt looked up again to see that everyone was still staring at them before writing on a piece of paper something that was on his calculator. He then tore off the paper and handed it to both John and Lisa.

She took it and handed it to John. When he opened it, they both looked at the number, confusion crossing their faces. Looking back at the Mr. Schmidt, Lisa asked, "Jake was worth that much?"

"Oh no, that's not how much he was worth," the accountant smiled. "That's an estimated amount of how much each of you will receive separately after paying taxes, legal fees, my fee, and for the funeral costs."

The couple looked at the number again and back at each other, seeing the same shock on the others face, they stared at the seven zeros sitting behind the number nine.

---

John and Lisa were sitting in the apartment several hours after the meeting with the lawyer. Both of their writing hands were sore from having to sign their names to so many documents. By the end of all the signing, neither one felt like signing another document until the last item was presented to them. The checks.

They had both banked at the same bank for a long time and rode together in the same limousine that had brought them. They both deposited their checks into savings account, but took $1,000 each in cash with the intention of giving a large tip to the extremely friendly and reliable driver. As expected he refused and requested they both promise not to hide it in his limousine as the next passengers would most likely find it before he would.

Two hours later, the couple was sitting side by side in the living room with the limo driver's card and direct number, in case they wished to go somewhere and he was available to give them a ride. That night, they planned on a quiet night relaxing with each other and enjoying their favorite past time together.

"I'll start the sauce and you do the chicken and pasta," John said, looking at Lisa.

"Sounds like a plan," she replied, looking back at him. When neither had made a move to get up, she leaned over and kissed him tenderly on his lips. John's arm slid around her shoulders and he pulled her closer as their kiss progressed into one filled with passion.

As their body heat began to rise, Lisa's stomach let out a small rumble. John's stomach gave a return noise but louder than Lisa's.

"I think we should eat first," he told her, while trying to catch his breath. She nodded and they both stood up together and proceeded to the kitchen.

---

"So, all's well that ends well," said the soft melodic voice into the driver's ear.

"Yes, sir," the limo driver replied. "They survived the devil's assassination attempt on their true love, thanks to their love for each other. And thanks to their love, they have held together through this recent loss."

"Do you think the devil's attempt to lead them astray with money will work?" the voice asked.

"Not the way those two are, sir," the limo driver replied to the empty vehicle. "They are two souls that are just too well connected; all thanks to the devils attempt to kill them both at the same time. He always makes the mistake of moving too soon in these battles."

"Yes he does," said the bodiless voice. "Your job is done, Ezekiel. Return to the heavens until the next test of man."

The limousine entered one side of the dark cave but never exited it. John and Lisa tried the number several days later for the limo service, but they had no one on their driver lists by the name Ezekiel, either now or before. The personal phone number was a direct line to a local church that had been told to expect their call to set up plans for their wedding.

mjm202036
mjm202036
483 Followers
12