Best Friend's Girl

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LitRiter
LitRiter
115 Followers

"Whatever," Jason said, and after pulling his mask back over his nose and mouth he flew his bike over the edge of the dune and roared out into the desert.

Karen returned to her bike and sat down. She looked over at Mark and didn't say anything for a while, until she said, "Allison's my friend. If you two broke up she'd always blame me, whether I had anything to do with it or not."

"So you're saying?" Mark rasped.

"You and I will never, ever be together, Mark."

* * * * *

"I love you, Baby."

"You know I care about you too," Mark said. The exasperated sigh accompanied rolling eyes, which he'd seen enough to know was happening now, even though he couldn't see her face.

"I've explained this to you before," Allison said, getting pouty. "I say 'I love you', and you say 'I love you too'."

They were driving through the mountains, only another hour or so from home, and Mark wasn't in the mood for this conversation at the moment. He had been digesting the conversation with Karen all afternoon and evening, and now it was after one in the morning and he was exhausted. The tail lights of Jason's Explorer were leading him home, and he had the feeling that if they weren't he'd have driven off the road long ago.

"Are you going to leave me for her now?" Allison asked softly, and Mark pulled onto the shoulder, brakes screeching and gravel flying. Stopped, he turned to her and took in her terrified expression, her blue eyes wide and frightened, her mouth open and ready to scream.

"If I didn't care for you," he began, "if Karen didn't care for you, I'd have left you that instant they broke up." He slammed his palms down on the steering wheel. "Damn it, Allison! You're the only thing keeping us apart, and you know it! Doesn't that mean anything to you? Doesn't it mean anything that we both care enough to suffer because if we broke up then three would be hurting instead of two?"

"How do you think I feel, knowing that I'm not enough for the man I love?" Allison screamed. "You should love me and only me, and that should be enough!"

Allison calmed, and she looked out at the darkness, seeing herself and Mark reflected in the window. "You can't even say that you love me."

Mark's cell phone rang, and he answered when he saw it was Karen. "Are you guys okay?" he heard Karen's worried voice say over the phone.

"Yeah, no," Mark said, looking at the beautiful woman in the seat next to him and seeing that she was crying. "Allison's upset because she thinks that I'm leaving her," he said, and then added after a pause, "which I am not."

"Put me on speaker," Karen demanded, and Mark hit the button before putting the phone in the cradle on his dashboard. As he pulled back onto the road, Karen's voice rang out loudly.

"Look, both of you. We all know that Mark had a thing for me, and maybe he still does, but he knows that nothing will ever come from it. He knows that even if he broke up with you, Allison, I would never ever go out with him."

Mark swallowed painfully and listened as Allison said, "Remember that night in Cabo?"

There was silence in the car for a long time before Karen's voice said, "Allison, don't."

"You do remember," Allison said, gaining volume, "You told me that you wished we could trade boyfriends because Mark was so damned hot, remember? Those were your words."

"You know as well as I do that I'd had four margaritas!"

"So that makes it not true? You've got the hots for my boyfriend, and he's crazy nuts for you!"

"Allison," Karen's voice was calmer now, "I can promise you, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that I will never treat Mark as anything more than a good friend. Trust me, trust us, please."

"Tell me you love me," Allison said to Mark, who looked at her fiercely.

"I can't, Allison. You know that. I can't say that," Mark said, and the phone squawked, or Karen choked on something. "I can tell you that I care for you deeply, and that I promise to always be there for you, for as long as you want me."

* * * * *

Jason met another girl at work, Peggy, a tall redhead with G-cup tits and a twenty-two inch waist. She gave the impression that if she jumped up and down she'd snap in half. She was pretty, but the other friends agreed that she was dumb as a rock and not much fun to be around. Rather than give up his new toy, Jason spent more and more time away from the group.

And then, four months after their stay at the desert resort, Karen introduced Mark and Allison to Dean. He was tall and thin, not too fit, more of a bookworm. He was kind of cute, but not handsome, with short dark hair and brown eyes behind thick framed glasses. Mark gave him credit for putting some power into their handshake.

Mark wondered at first if Karen was snuggling into the guy's side to put on a show for him, but by the time dinner was finished, he knew she really liked the guy. Mark tried hard to not hate Dean, or at least to not envy him, but everything in her behavior said very clearly that Karen was going to take him home and wear him out.

It turned out, to Dean's delight, that he and Mark did have something in common. Dean had also been interested in role-playing games and computer games in high school and in college, and they were able to swap tales using the common reference. It came out that Karen had also played computer games, leaving Mark to wonder why she'd never mentioned it before.

As they drove home to Mark's apartment, he looked at Allison and asked, "What did you think of him?"

Allison yawned, and it was a minute before Mark realized she was making a comment. "I think he's absolutely nothing special, but I saw her eyes, and Karen likes him a lot. I can't tell you why we fall for the ones we do, Mark." After a silence she said, "I don't know if he's into her, or just her boobs."

"Really?" Mark said, amazed. He couldn't fathom a man not falling head over heels in love with Karen, but he had finally learned when to keep his mouth shut. "You think he's using her?"

"Uh, Mark?" Allison laughed, "That's called dating. You know, you like her boobs, you screw around for a while, and then she gets her claws in you and you find out you can't live without her."

"I guess," Mark said, almost sulking.

* * * * *

"That was fast!" Mark said, shaking his head as he looked at the diamond ring that Karen held out for Allison and him to see. It had only been six weeks since she'd introduced them to Dean, and he'd popped the question. Even more shockingly, she'd said yes. A thought struck him, and Mark asked, "Are you pregnant?"

He didn't even see it coming, but the slap was powerful enough to drop him to one knee. Karen stomped away, and Allison said, "Smooth, asshole. Do you have to ruin her moment?"

"Not cool, Dude," Jason said from the couch, Peggy a distant but fond memory.

"Is it really so impossible to believe that she could fall madly in love with anyone but you?" Allison asked incredulously, shaking her head.

"Yes," Mark said, and before Allison had even a chance to move away, he grabbed her legs. "I mean, no. Look, I'm just shocked, okay? Don't-"

Allison had shaken him off and stomped along after Karen, going into the bedroom. Mark looked around, feeling very lost and confused.

"Dude," Jason said, not smiling at all, "you are so fucked."

They stayed where they were for a long time, in total silence. The minutes ticked by, and finally Jason asked a question that had apparently been on his mind for a while. "Do you think Allison and Karen ever tried a little girl-girl action?"

Mark shook his head, staring at his oldest friend. "Up yours, Jason."

He stood and went to the bedroom door, pausing there for a long moment before remembering that it was his damned bedroom and that he wasn't going to walk in on them naked or anything. Unless they're making out, he thought, and then thought, Damn you Jason.

He opened the door and went inside, where Allison and Karen sat on the edge of his bed, Allison's arm around Karen's shoulders. He went to them and got to his knees in front of Karen.

"I'm sorry, Karen. I was just shocked, and my stupid guy brain couldn't think of any other reason to rush. I'm an idiot, and I hope you can forgive me." She wouldn't meet his eyes, and he said, "I'm really happy for you."

"Are you?" she asked, meeting his eyes and sending tears rolling down her cheeks.

"If you're going to be happy, then I'm happy for you."

Karen leaned forward and hugged Mark tightly, still crying, and then sobbing uncontrollably. He looked to Allison for help, but she just shrugged and rubbed Karen's back.

* * * * *

Allison was straightening Mark's black bow tie, thinking how handsome he looked. She wasn't nearly so happy about her orangy-peach Maid of Honor dress, but she was happy to have been picked for the honor. She looked into her boyfriend's dark eyes and tried again to read him, but couldn't get inside.

"Are you going to let this happen?" Allison asked softly.

"What do you mean?"

"Are you really going to let Karen walk down the aisle and marry Dean?" She was standing with her hands flat on his broad shoulders, and strangely, she was smiling.

"Of course I am," Mark said, looking confused.

"Mark," Allison said softly, still smiling, "I love you and Karen so much. You're my best friends in the whole world, man and woman."

"What?" Mark was squinting, lost in the conversation.

"Mark, I love you."

"I care about you too," he answered reflexively.

"Do you love Karen, Mark?" her voice was quiet.

"Yes."

"Then don't let her ruin her life, and don't keep ruining mine. If I stay with you then I miss my chance to find someone who'll love me like I deserve to be loved." Allison's eyes were filled by tears, but she didn't look sad.

From the doorway, Mark looked back at Allison as she took a seat at the makeup table. "Allison," he said, "I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but right now I do love you, and more than I ever have before!" She opened her mouth to answer, but he was gone, running to find Karen.

He burst into the bridal chamber causing the women present to shout at him. Karen rose and turned to face him, radiant in her wedding gown. She waved the others to silence and ordered them to leave Mark and her alone for a minute. "I've been expecting this," she said grimly.

He watched her escort the others out and close the door. Her dress left her arms and shoulders bare, hugging her curves and enhancing her small waist. The skirts were enormous and beautiful, and he couldn't imagine her ever being more breathtakingly gorgeous. Her long, light brown hair was braided and wrapped into a pile on top of her head, a small cap or band that would hold her veil pinned to it.

She crossed her arms and said, "Okay, last chance. Let it all out so you can stay quiet in the church."

"Allison broke up with me."

"Asshole! Do you have to ruin-"

"It wasn't me! She said I was ruining both your life and hers. She said she wanted a man to love her like she deserved to be loved, and that you need to be with the one you really love too."

Karen staggered to her dressing table and fell into the delicate chair. "What else did she say? What exactly did you say?"

"Nothing!" Mark protested. "She said she loved me and I said, well you know, and then she asked me if I loved you. Then she said that other stuff and sent me to stop you."

"She asked you if you love me?"

"Yeah."

"And you said?"

"Duh! I said yes!" Mark looked exasperated. "What is it with women? I've told you that I love you before!"

"Say it," she said, her arms dropping to her sides.

"I love you, Karen. I've loved you since I first saw you, more than I ever thought I could feel before, making everything I've ever felt before or since such a pale imitation that there couldn't be any doubt." He took a deep breath and continued, "I want to spend every moment of every day with you, loving you and being loved by you."

"Mark," Karen said warily, "What was I wearing on the night we met?"

"Your green t-shirt and denim skirt with the ruffles. Why?"

"With?"

"With what? Your little earrings and belly-button stud, and high heels." He looked deeply in to her eyes and asked, "What are you talking about?"

Karen's eyes brimmed with tears, threatening her mascara, and she whispered, "I love you too, Mark. You're right, I always did, from the moment I saw you outside the bathrooms at Chili's, before I even knew who you were."

"Marry me, Karen."

Without a word, Karen rushed at Mark, and they gripped each other tightly in shared embrace. His lips found hers, and their first kiss was sweet and long. There was a knock at the door and they heard Karen's mother's voice call, "Are you alright in there, Baby?" They didn't want to let go, but after only a moment longer they did, and Karen went to the door and opened it.

Karen's mother pushed inside and looked around, and then at Karen's face. "Baby? You look like you've been crying. Did he hurt you?"

"No, Mama," Karen answered, her tear streaked face beaming. "We're getting married!"

"You are getting married!" her mother cried, "In fifteen minutes! The music's started and everything!"

Karen shook her head and said, "No, Mama, I'm marrying Mark. I love him, Mama."

Karen's mother looked at Mark, and he felt as though his balls were shriveling up. "Hi, Mom?" he said, regretting it the moment Karen's face blanched. "I've got to go," Mark said, and he rushed from the little bridal chamber.

Mark wandered through the enormous church, looking at the artworks, the architecture. He was going to be back here soon, he thought, and when he left he'd be married to Karen. His heart leaped in his chest, and he ran a few steps and leaped into the air, tagging the door frame he passed beneath. Laughing, he found the Maid of Honor's room and opened the door.

What he saw took a moment to process. Jason sat on the delicate frame dressing table chair, his tie undone and his shirt open. Across his lap, facing him, was Allison. Her flowing skirts were gathered up and she leaned forward over Jason like she was helping to find something in his eye. Time caught up with the moment, and Mark mumbled, "Wow."

Allison's pale skin was flushed deeply, and she turned her head to look at him, her eyes heavy with passion Mark knew very well. Allison and Jason froze, not moving at all, and Mark stepped inside and closed the door.

"You don't appear to be heartbroken," Mark said with a smile, crossing his arms and leaning on the door.

A bright grin split Jason's face and he laughed, "Dude! You've been holding out on me!"

Allison's eyes closed and she moaned softly, and then her eyes popped open again and she shouted, "Get out!"

"Allison," Mark asked calmly, "how long have you been wanting to screw around with Jason?"

"Couldn't have been long, Dude," Jason offered, "I've been scamming on her since you two got together."

"Oh shit!" Allison moaned, putting her face down on Jason's shoulder and shaking hard. Mark had no idea why, but the sight of his girlfriend and lover of more than four years coming on his best friend's cock just made him happy.

Mark walked over to Allison and Jason, and she shied away when he stroked her cheek softly with his knuckles. She relaxed a little when she saw his smile, and he saw her eyes were open wide when he put his lips to hers and kissed her. He felt her gasp in his mouth as she came again, something special about having him kiss her while she was fucking someone else, maybe.

All Mark cared about was that she seemed happy, and after punching Jason's shoulder lightly, he left them to their passions. He was opening the door of his Expedition when the doors of the church burst open and Karen rushed out onto the landing. Seeing him, she raced over, her skirts flowing majestically, and she jumped into his arms. They kissed. Tongues, lips, everything new and wonderful, and when he set her down she ran around and got into the passenger seat.

They drove away to the sight of a crowd gathered on the landing outside the church doors, Karen's mother, Mark's future Mother-in-Law, trying to destroy him with Death Beams from her eyes. Mark looked at Karen and shrugged, and they both laughed as she leaned over and put her head on his shoulder.

* * * * *

Mark poked at the fire, building it up to a nice, even blaze before closing the screen and setting aside the fireplace poker. He'd removed his jacket, tie, and cuff links earlier, and the sleeves of his dress shirt were rolled up to his elbows.

He went to the sliding glass doors that looked out over the beach, but there wasn't anything to see, with the sun down. Mark was happy. He heard the door to the bedroom of their suite open, and he turned to see Karen.

She'd removed her dress and stood in the doorway wearing a silk camisole, matching white vintage tap pants, and white stockings that barely passed her knees. The heels she wore were more like slippers, but with a three inch heel.

Her long, silky light brown hair was down, and it hung loosely around her shoulders. And still, the most alluring thing about her was her small, dark, green eyes and the smile she wore for him.

He went to the bar and was pouring Champagne when she joined him, sitting atop one of the high stools and accepting the chilled glass. They sipped, watching each other over the rims of their glasses.

"That's a good look for you," Karen said.

"What? The suspenders?" Mark snapped them against his chest and smiled.

"Yeah," she whispered, "Very sexy, very manly."

"That's a good look for you," Mark parroted, and Karen glanced down, nodding.

"It is, but not practical for riding dirt bikes in the desert."

"That's alright," Mark said nonchalantly, "You're done with all of that now. You can spend your time in the spa, or when we're at the beach you can lay out and tan while I play volleyball. Later I know you'll be occupied with the children." He looked at her evenly, gaging her expression, her wide eyes, open mouth, and when a blush appeared on her cheeks he laughed and held up his hand.

Mark leaned on the bar and laughed at his joke, and Karen playfully slapped the back of his head. Mark straightened and wiped at his eyes, and then walked around the bar and put his arms around her. Karen was his perfect match he knew, but every time he touched her he was amazed by how right it felt.

"You really like this stuff on me?" Karen asked quietly. "I've never worn stuff like this before, you know, lingerie."

"It looks like they had you in mind when they invented it," Mark said.

They kissed, tasting Champagne, tongues swirling softly and slowly. Both knew the importance of this night, and neither was in any hurry to have it pass by. His hands ran down her back, feeling first the softness of her shoulders and then the impossibly smooth silk of her camisole.

Taking one last suck on his lip, Karen giggled and said, "A little bird told me that when you think of me you close your eyes and, um," she paused, "become a monster. A beast."

"No shit?" Mark said, blushing slightly.

"What have you heard about me?" Karen asked, nuzzling into Mark's neck.

"Uh," Mark thought hard about it and put everything he'd ever heard about her sexual activities into, "I heard you give the best head in history, and that you do something with your hips."

"That's it?" Karen seemed disappointed.

"What else have you heard about me?" Mark asked, feeling exposed.

"Everything!" Karen said earnestly. "What ever happened to locker room talk?"

"Total myth," Mark answered. They kissed again, and then kissed each others shoulders, still holding one another tightly.

"Best in history?" Karen murmured, and Mark chuckled.

"That's the story, but I'm going to need convincing." Her palm pressed against the hardness in his lap, and Mark moaned softly. Karen found his fly and pulled it down slowly before slipping her hand inside and stroking him again through only his boxers.

LitRiter
LitRiter
115 Followers