Best of Intentions Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Do you know what those shit-heads did? It looks like they just dumped a set of programs into the system and didn't customize, probably didn't do enough tests either. There are all sorts of commands that shouldn't be here. This has to be cleaned up. Now it will take months to fix it right."

"Good that's what I thought, I told Rick that was what they did. Having you confirm it makes me feel better." I said.

Ethel went back to the screen and she began to point out things that had to be removed. Going through the system, she kept pointing out things that would be problems and screaming when she found something new.

Around 4:00 pm Maggie and Kate showed up, Maggie told me that we had the wedding rehearsal tonight at 6:00 pm.

I started to pack up when the phone rang. Harry answered it and then turned to me and said, "Johnnie, there is a Richard Forland on the line and he wants to speak to you."

I said, "That's Rick. What could he want?"

I grabbed the phone and said, "What's up, Rick. Is there a problem with the fix I put in?"

"No, John, that's fine. But, we have a problem. Our contractor on this job was really pissed that you worked on the system and after words with Ed and me, walked out. About a half hour later we got a letter from their attorney saying that they were no longer going to work under these conditions and would not be completing the contract," Rick said, sounding really stressed.

"They can't do that," I said.

Rick went on, "I know that, our lawyers say that we can sue them, big time, but that's not the problem. We need someone to work on the system and get it working."

"What can I do for you?" I asked.

Rick sort of laughed and said, "John, I was hoping that you would say that. I have a huge favor to ask. If we have to make a new contract, by state law we have to put it out for bids and that will take a lot of time. Time we can't afford. But, if we can find someone willing to take over the present contract for what's left in the budget, it wouldn't be considered a new contract and the work could go on."

I had a feeling I knew where he was going with this.

Rick continued, "John, if you and your company could take over the contract for what's left in the budget, it would really help us and we would be eternally grateful. For whatever that's worth."

"What are we talking about, Rick?"

"Well the whole contract was for one point five million. We paid out five hundred thousand. If you could pick it up for the remaining million, you could start working right away."

Trying to refrain from giving a war whoop and dancing around the office, I said to Rick, "Give me a half hour or so, I have to talk to my partners. I'll get back to you."

"Thanks, John, I really appreciate it, see what you can do." And he hung up.

I turned to the others and said, "Anyone who wants to spend the next eight to ten months in Minneapolis raise their hand."

Everyone raised their hands, even Kate.

Maggie and I looked at Harry and Ethel in surprise and Harry said with a giggle, "We've always wanted to taste a Minnesota. Don't we Ethel?"

Then both of them shouted, "Gotch ya."

Then they looked at me and asked what I meant about being in Minneapolis.

I told them about my conversation with Rick word for word, or as close as I could. Maggie was astounded. She said, "A million dollars, that's highway robbery."

Ethel smiled at her and explained, "Maggie, if we had to pay that much, it would be highway robbery, but since we will be getting paid that much, its good business sense. Oh, and John, we can't call him back too quickly. But, we will be taking the contract, won't we?"

Harry and I nodded.

About ten minutes later, while we were talking about how to go about the job and what it would cost us, the phone rang.

It was Rick again, it seemed that the Mayor had gotten a call from the contractor and he wanted an explanation. Ed told the mayor about the problem, which the mayor was well aware. Ed also told him how I had patched it up and how the contractor was pissed off about that.

The mayor was not a fan of the contractor so he told Ed, that if he could get us to take over the contract to do it, and gave permission to sweeten the deal a little. That sweetener was a fifty thou more.

Rick said that he had to know immediately, so I told him that we would take it and that I would smooth it over with my partners. He was so grateful and kept thanking me. I told him that we would be back next week, but that I would start working on it from here.

The three adults gave me a worried look; Kate was too busy on the Barbie website.

"What are you going to smooth over with your partners?" Harry asked.

I gave them a serious look and in a somber voice said, "The money changed."

Harry said "Damn it."

Ethel moaned, "I knew it was too good to be true. Tell us, how much are they going to pay?"

Not changing my demeanor, I said, "One million, fifty thousand dollars."

The three of them looked at me and I yelled, "Gotch ya."

I went over to Maggie and put my arms around her and kissed her hard and long. Harry and Ethel were doing the same.

Our kiss didn't last that long as we heard, "DADDY, this thing won't work."

Maggie and I parted with a laugh. Harry and Ether did too. Ethel said, "I guess you guys are used to that."

I fixed Kate's problem and the four of us sat and decided how to celebrate.

We decided on Sunday night. It was the day after the wedding and we would have everyone there. Ethel's Father and brother Morty with his family, Harry's parents and Edie and Mom and Becky and of course Maggie... no my Family and me. We figured that we would go to Gitano's. Maggie and my favorite place...in the whole wide world.

Maggie, Kate and I left the office. We had to get home and then to the wedding rehearsal.

We cleaned up at home and set out for the church. The rehearsal went off very well and then Matt and Phyllis took everyone out for dinner. We went to a really nice restaurant, a bit pricey for my wallet but, hey, I wasn't paying. We had a great time.

Maggie and I told Phyllis and Matt about the problem in Minneapolis and that I would be out there for about the next year or so.

Phyllis laughed and said that she disappointed that I wouldn't be working on her project. She had been looking forwarded to having tea with me again.

I smiled saying, "Believe me, Ethel makes a great pot of tea."

"Ethel is wonderful," Phyllis said. "My people think that she walks on water. She is already talking about running preliminary tests on the system."

I then told them about Harry and Ethel. I said that Phyllis had nothing to worry about, as they would not be staring at each other when they should be working, because they found each other the day that I went to Minneapolis.

We left the restaurant before the festivities ended; Kate had a little too much party and fell asleep on Daddy's lap.

When we got home, Mom was sleeping in front of the TV and Becky was out. Mom woke up as I carried the party girl up and we put her to bed. We got undressed then came down in our robes. Mom just said goodnight and went to bed.

Neither Maggie nor I had been drinking at the restaurant. I don't drink and drive, especially with the precious cargos I had in the car and Maggie just didn't want anything.

But, now that we were home, I made two bourbons on the rocks. We sat on the couch sipping our drinks, watching TV and cuddling.

Maggie put her head on my shoulder and said, "I have been thinking about what we were going to do. I will never let you go again, but I don't know where we could live."

"I have the house in Maple Grove and you have the business here. I have friends there and here and we both have family here. I just don't know what to do."

I looked at her and smiled, "I know. I have been thinking about that all week. Now, however, we have time to work it out. Who knows if I can scrape up some business out there in Minneapolis/St. Paul, maybe I could open up an office."

"Would you, John? Would you leave your home to be with us?" Maggie asked softly.

"Leave my home? No, my dear, my home is wherever you and Kate are. You are my home."

Maggie wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me, our mouths open and tongues caressing. I slipped my hand inside her robe. Like me, she didn't have anything on under the robe.

I began to fondle and play with her breasts. Her hand went into my robe and stroked my stiffening dick.

We slipped onto the floor and I untied and opened her robe. I kissed her breasts, taking the stiff nipple into my mouth and running my tongue around it. They were sweet and I wished that I could have tasted the sweet milk that she had given Kate.

Maggie rolled over on top of me and straddled me. She started to kiss my neck and shoulder where she had bitten me. Slowly she kissed her way down over my chest and stomach, stroking my dick as she kissed me.

She then took my dick in both of her hands and slowly stroked and leaned over and kissed the tip of my dick. She licked the pre-cum off of her lips and then licked the head of my dick.

She took the head into her mouth and began to suck. I was in heaven, the feeling of pleasure, as this beautiful woman sucked my cack was intense.

Now she had moved her head down and was deep throating me. She took my eredtion into her mouth and then would move back until just the head was in. All the while she was messaging my balls. I was running my hands through her hair, holding her to my crotch as she pumped my dick with her mouth.

As I lay there basking in the light of her love and in the joy of the pleasure, I felt the beginnings of my orgasm start to build. I told her that I was getting close.

Maggie lifted her head up and said, "Not yet my love."

She moved up beside me and kissed me. She rolled over and pulled me on top of her and whispered in my ear, "Take me, John. Make love to me like we have never made love before."

As I moved between her out stretched legs, she positioned my dick at the gateway of her pleasure trove and I plunged into her. I went completely into her with one savage thrust. Pushing further into her than ever before.

I pulled out of her and plunged deep into her again with the same savagery as before. She gasped and grabbed my ass cheeks with her hands and pulled me into her as deeply as possible.

I was thrusting my dick into her and she was pushing up into me with equal ferocity. We were pounding each other faster and harder than ever before. Moving, attacking each other with abandon, fucking, just mindless fucking.

All that we cared about was this union of our bodies and souls. A joint venture, working together to reach the pinnacle and upon reaching it leaping into the abyss of orgasmic delight, falling into the bottomless chasm of love.

I once again began to feel that tingle in my groin and knew that there would be no holding back the onslaught of my orgasm. Maggie was moaning and shaking her head back and forth. We held each other tightly as our bodies slammed together.

I groaned as I felt my cock twitch and begin to spew forth my semen into Maggie's body. As I began to cum, Maggie let out a long low moan and her body began to stiffen as her legs tightened around me, pulling me deeper into her.

We held each other for a long time as our bodies were wracked with a fantastic orgasm.

We lay there on Maggie's open robe and whispered our love. Eventually getting up and putting on our robes. Thank god for the thick terry cloth, because we were a mess, with the sweat and the love fluids on our bodies.

We sat on the couch and cuddled in front of the TV. This is how we were when Becky came in about ten minutes later.

Becky came into the living room and said, "Damn, I was hoping to catch you in a, shall we say delicate position. But you two are so boring."

Maggie put on an innocent face and said, "Moi? What ever makes you think that I would do anything like that?"

Becky looked at her with a sneer and said, "That little girl sleeping upstairs."

Maggie laughed and said, "OH, yea, right."

I got up to freshen our drinks, as the ice was melted.

Becky looked at the full glasses without ice and said to Maggie, "You drink bourbon neat? Or is it that the ice has melted? The question is, what were you two doing while the ice melted?"

"Becky, that's enough. Stop now, will ya?"

"Never, big brother, not until I get to the bottom of this question. It is my job to find out what was going on here," she said in a ridiculous British accent. As she walked around the living room pretending that she was smoking a pipe.

Maggie laughed at Becky's antics, saying, "A regular Sherlock Holmes."

"The game is afoot, my dear Watson," Becky giggled and the two of them started to laugh.

I came back into the living room and handed Maggie a drink and as I was about to give Becky one I teased, "Did you have anything to drink tonight?"

"You know better than that, I was designated driver, AGAIN."

I gave her the bourbon.

We sat talking, mostly about me going to Minneapolis and what the future would bring. We talked until around one o'clock. As we went up stairs, Becky asked Maggie just what we were doing before she came home.

Maggie gave an evil grin and said, "Trying to make you a nephew."

Becky said, "Oh okay...WHAT."

Maggie put her finger over her lips and said, "Shhhhh." She giggled and stepped into our room.

She closed the door after her and I said, "You are really something. You know that you will be driven crazy with questions in the morning."

"Sorry, I have to get the three of us ready for the wedding. Don't have time to talk now," Maggie giggled.

We got into bed and fell asleep in each other's arms.

*

Once again thanks to all for the comments. Please don't stop. Let me know what you think and whether you want more. Hope to have the next installment out before the next millennia.