Betrayed?

Story Info
They were to be married.
11k words
4.38
27.6k
33
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My name is Brad, I am 24 years old, I have a good job at the Chevy dealership; Sherry is my girlfriend. She's 22. She works at the dealership as a receptionist, we've been going together for about two years, and we are planning on getting married in June. It's the 20 of May, a day I will never forget. Some of the girls were throwing a bridal shower for Sherry. We are planning on buying a house, as soon as we get back from our honeymoon in the Bahamas. We haven't gone all the way. We were saving ourselves for our honeymoon to have something special between us, like our grandparents who have been married for over sixty years, something that we wanted.

I was across the street form Sherry's house at about eleven PM, waiting for her to come home from her shower, when Tank drove up in his pickup he was the big football jock on campus and has screwed about half of the girls there.

Sherry climbed out of his pickup she was a mess; he's through her panties at her and said, "I'll see you tomorrow," and sped off.

She didn't see me and started for her house. I couldn't see too well it was dark and my eyes were full of tears. After all our waiting and making plans, she let me down. I don't know how she could have done it, a couple of minutes later my phone rang it was Sherry, but I didn't answer. She kept calling me about every five minutes, but there was no way I was going to talk to her, about then my mom started calling, but I didn't answer. I felt like I'd just been run over by a Mack truck and it hurt bad. All I could think of was I had to get away for a while and think, I loaded up all my camping gear most of my outdoor clothing, extra blankets whatever else I thought of at the time, and took off down the road.

I have a three-year old Silverado three-quarter ton four-wheel drive with a Durmax and six-speed Allison. A week and a half later I was in some remote village in the middle of nowhere in Alaska. Most of the people that came to the village were people that live somewhere out in the wilderness. A dirt road led out of town that I followed for about twenty miles until it ran out. I found a small clearing by a stream, and decided to set up camp. I camped out for about a week and decided I had nothing back home for me. Going down to the village, I contacted a real estate agent and ask about the land he said, the land up there was divided into eighty-acre partials. The parcel where I was, was parcel 110, so I bought the eighty acres for $50 an acre. In the city, I bought some lumber and plywood, a generator and a coupled power saws and some hand tools and a chainsaw with about fifty gallons of extra gas and started building a small cabin about 20 x20. Ted my neighbor who became a good friend lived 3 miles down the road and help, usually rode into town with me on trips for supplies, installation, food and a wood stove for heating and cooking a couple of chairs and other furniture that I needed for the cabin. I build three sheds one to put the pickup under, one for not too far from the house for the firewood, one for tools and a meat locker on fifteen foot stilts. The cabin was airtight and insulated very well, with two thermal pane windows. The roof had a 6-10 pitch and I covered it with metal roofing. The cabin was just one large room, in the back of it; I build a loft which extended out about 8 feet, which gave me about 6-foot clearance in the peak, which is where I put my bed.

As winter started to approach I had no idea what I was in for. I talk to my neighbor Ted to let me in on some of the ins and outs of the winter, and we visited each other's maybe once a week. Another family lived down the road about six miles. They were the Hammons, Bill and Sarah they had four children. I usually talk to them on trips to town. During the winters, Ted trapped and said I should do the same. He told me what I would need, and I pick them up on an earlier trip to town.

Now that winter had set in, I didn't realize how nasty it could be the night were dropping down to thirty below. There was no going to town, unless I snowshoe it and that was out of the question. Being snowed in all winners was new and something I haven't counted on. I made a couple of trips with Ted on his trap line and learned what to do, later I started one of my own. I learned a lot that winter, learned to do things that I never thought I would have to do. One thing that was different was not being like able to run down to the market or store to buy things when you needed them; I learned to be very self-reliant, not depending on anyone or needing her anymore. It was hard to get Sherry out of my mind, and maybe I never will. However, trying to survive the winter assume most of my time it was a real learning experience.

One thing I learned especially in the little house out back was you don't touch anything solid or smooth with bare skin when it's cold are you might be "stuck" there for a while.

Somehow I made it through the winter, and spring was coming; things begin to get easier. As the snow melted down, I could go to town when I wanted to. I put in a more supplies and food that I needed and few more things around the cabin. I did pretty well with my furs and some gold I panned from the stream. I did a lot more work on the cabin, fixing it up to be more suitable for the cold weather.

Fall was coming on it wouldn't be long before the snow returned. I smoked about 300 pounds of sockeye. And now that it was freezing at night. I shot a young moose and put about 500 pounds of meat in the locker and made about 100 pounds of smoked jerky.

My conscience got the better of me, and I knew my parents were really worried, not hearing from me for over a year. They still didn't know where I was, so I wrote a letter to them.

Dear mom and dad,

Sorry I haven't been in touch. I know you've been worried about me, but I am okay. The night of the shower I was waiting for Sherry when she got out of Tank's truck.

And he said, "I'll see you tomorrow," and through some of her clothing at her.

She ripped my heart out. I don't know how she could have done it to me with all that we had planned. Anyway, don't worry about me; I'm fine and getting by very well. I'm learned to be by myself, that way nobody will hurt me again. Anyway, don't worry like I said I'm ok. Take care of yourself. I promise I will write more.

Always Brad

Today I mailed the letter probably the last trip to the village this winter; I know it wouldn't be long before I was snowed in again. Eight days later it started to snow.

I worked hard that day, cutting and splitting firewood and went to bed around eight o'clock. The next morning I headed for the outhouse, and on the way back I saw a pickup parked in my driveway and said,

"What the heck."

The windows were all steamed over and frozen on the inside from the condensation of somebody being in their overnight. It was still snowing and had about 2 feet of snow on the ground. It took some effort to wage through the snow to get to the pickup. I knocked on the window waited a little and knocked again. I saw someone steering inside finally getting up off the seat. Sherry opened the door and set there looking at me and all I could see was mad, in her blue eyes.

She climbed out and stood there looking at me, suddenly she swung and hit me in the nose and mouth with everything she had," Damn you."

I still didn't say anything just looked at her with blood running out of my nose and a cut lip. She was shivering really bad from the cold and was not properly dressed for the winter. I told her to come in and get warm; I put some more wood in the stove and gave her a blanket. We didn't say anything, we just stood there looking at each other for about fifteen minutes. I was thinking, gees, she's beautiful; I love her, no, I hate her, after seeing her, I don't know what I meant.

I finally asked her, "What are you doing here," and she slapped me this time.

I told her to sit down I guessed we need to talk; we sat across from each other. It took a while to get the conversation going. We both have a lot of pent-up emotions, finally she said, "You go first."

"I was sitting across the street when you came home and got out of Tank's truck, all messed up," and he said, "I'll see you tomorrow."

And I thought, "Is a shower like a bachelor's party, where they try to line the groom up with a hooker for one last fling."

If looks could have killed I would've been dead.

"You asshole. Why didn't you answer your phone, I needed you? I had a flat tire, and I left my phone at home; Tank came by and offered me a ride. I thought it would be all right I was only a mile away. Two blocks down the street he stopped and tried to rape me, he tore my clothes and beat me really bad. The only thing I could do was grab his nuts and twist, I hope I put him in more pain, than he put me in."

When I got out of this truck he said, "If you tell anyone, I'll get you tomorrow."

" I kept calling you; I needed you and needed your help. I finally got a hold of your mother, and she took me to the hospital. Tank was arrested for attempted rape, assault and battery and received 10 years."

I should have known better for not trusting her. By this time, I was breaking down pretty bad and ran outside. The wind was bitter cold, and the tears froze on my face, I couldn't hold them back. I was not dressed for being outside, but I didn't care. I just sat down in a snow bank and kept thinking boy, I sure made a mess out of our lives.

I guess I sat there for fifteen minutes, and finally, the door open. Sherry wanted to know what I was doing, I was wet and cold, shaking really bad. This time she put the wood in the stove. I strip down to my long johns wrapped up in a blanket and put my clothes behind the stove to dry.

I looked at Sherry, she had been crying too; her eyes were red and puffy.

I asked her, "How did you find me."

She pulled the letter out of her purse that I sent to mom and dad and showed me the postmark. She said the people down at the store told her where I was. I asked her why she hadn't come in last night. She told me it was dark, and she couldn't see the road anymore and she didn't see my cabin. I remember I went to bed early.

We sat and look at each other again trying to figure out what each other thoughts were.

I finally asked, "What are your intentions."

She said, "I don't know, but I just had to come and find out and punching you made me feel better."

I felt my cut lip and said," I'm glad you did; I mean being here. Do you think we can work things out."

"I don't know. It would take some time you left when I need you, and I didn't know why you were not there I can see now how you misunderstood, but it still wasn't right. You should have asked me, how do you think I felt with you weren't there, and I didn't know why?"

All I could say is, "I'm sorry; I'm sorry."

I came around the table, and she came into my arms, and we held each other for a long time.

We finally sat down and I said, "Where do we go from here."

I made this some pancakes and eggs, and we talked for about five more hours.

She said, "I had better be going I need to be back home by Monday."

I told her,"I don't think so." I saw her tense up.

"Are you going to try to hold me here?"

"You know I wouldn't do that, even though I'd sure like to, look outside."

It had been snowing all day and there was now about 3 feet of snow outside. "We are snowed in."

She said, "We can't be, my parents and my job are expecting me. I told them, I would be back in a week when I talked to them yesterday."

She put her coat and started for her truck. After about ten feet she turned back.

This time there was a little fear in her eyes she said, "I can't stay I have to go."

I told her to sit down, and we'll talk about it when I come back from clearing the trail to the toilet. She'd been crying again. She said she needed to clean up looking around the cabin and give me that look like where. I took the bucket off the stove went over to the stand and poured some water in a bowl. I handed her a wash cloth and went outside and scooped up another bucket full of snow and set it on the stove. She mumbled a little about this would take some getting used to.

While she was cleaning up, I mixed up a batch of cornbread and put it in the oven and went outside, climbed up to the meat locker, selected two T-bones about two inches thick. Grab the frying pan off the nail put some butter in it dropped in the T-bones with salt and a little garlic. I'll lit two lamps and opened a can of green beans. The steaks finished about the same time as the cornbread.

She got into her steak, and said, "I don't remember you cooking."

I told her self-survival, I had a lot of practice.

After dinner, she said she had to go. I lit two lanterns as she was putting her jacket on, I picked up mine.

She asks, "Your not going with me are you."

I handed her one of the lanterns and picked up my shotgun, "Only outside the Bears are not in full hibernation yet." That got a worried look out of her.

We sat around and talked for another two hours. The tension between us was now almost gone, and our conversations flowed fairly well. Sherry look really tired seeing she had a rough night before.

I told Sherry, "It was about my bedtime. I'm not used to staying up late."

As she gave a very questionable look. I told her I would sleep here in my chair; I do most of the time because I have to put wood in the stove every couple of hours, I didn't really most of the time I just let the fire go out; I have heavy quilts on the bed. I swung the ladder down so she could get up to the loft. I let one of the lamps mounted on the wall and turned it down low and blew out the other two lamps. I kissed her tenderly on the cheek, my lip still hurt. I put some more wood in the stove, grabbed a quilt and sat down in my chair. Watching her climb the ladder, that independent feeling of not needing anyone begin to slip away.

I was up early and cleaned up and thought Sherry would have to clean up. I hung a sheet in front of the wash stand and laid out a washcloth and towel. I brought in a sirloin steak laid it on the stove to thrall out, and then I sliced it into 1/4 of inch thick strips like bacon.

I call Sherry, "Breakfast is almost ready."

She answered me back and said, "Do I have to its warm and comfortable here."

I answered "Only if you want to eat."

That did it, she was on her way down, her hair and her clothes was a mess, but she was beautiful. She asked if I needed my shotgun this morning. I told her I didn't think so but would be out there in the yard; while she was busy, I went to her truck and got her suitcase. While she was cleaning up, I finished breakfast, steak and eggs, homemade bread with jelly.

After I cleaned up the breakfast mess, we sat around and talked some more,

I asked, "How did you sleep."

She said, "Like a log, I never heard anything."

"That's because it's very quiet here."

I asked if she'd been dating anyone, but the look she gave me, that a question I should not have asked.

She asked, "And you." "Not after," I trailed off there and said, "No, there's been no one."

Sherry said again, she had to be getting back and wondered what she could do about it. About that time, we heard a motor coming up the road. It was Bill and Sarah on their snowmobile. They had seen the strange pickup to go by the house and wondered who'd it was, and if they were in trouble. The girls hit it off right away, and I think Sarah was really pleased to talk to another female something she does not get to do very often. Bill said he would be happy to take her down to the village. A bus comes through about three o'clock every day, and he had to go to the village on Wednesday. I could see Sherry wasn't so worried now, and I invited Bill and Sarah for lunch.

Bill told me that after a snowmobile pack, the snow down and when it freezes you could drive a pickup on it, making it somewhat of an ice road. After lunch, we talked for about another hour, made arrangements with Bill to pick up Sherry on Wednesday morning. Sarah said they had better be going. They did not want to leave the kids alone for too long.

Sherry was happy about being able to go home. The rest of the evening, we set and talk about us; all we came up with it would take some time. Then I messed up I did a good job of it. For now all we came up with that I would come down as soon as I could, and we would continue to work on it.

On Tuesday, I took Sherry for a hike on snow shoes, about a mile up the canyon from where I live, the water comes cascading down off the mountain and at this time, it was all frozen and very pretty. Sherry was impressed with the beauty of the country; at least, it was a start.

Wednesday morning we had a late breakfast; Sherry slept in again I think she likes the quiet. About 10:30 we heard Bill coming up the trail. We looked at each other again. I slipped my arms around her and gave her a very light kiss. I carried her things out to the snowmobile. She climbed on, and Bill took off; she turned and waved. I don't know how that Mack Truck made it up here, but it ran over me once more.

For the next two weeks, I just moped around the place and didn't get much done. All I can think of now, was Sherry. The next day, I hiked down the road, talked to Tom for a while, then on down to Bills. I talked to Bill and Sarah for about an hour telling them I was going to go back and try to work it out with Sherry. The road to the village from Bill's place was drivable with four-wheel drive; Bill said he would run the snowmobile up to my place a couple of times. I gave them a quarter of the moose, and they promise to watch my place. Bill said he had a tow bar, and if I get both trucks to his place; I could hook her to mine and tow it back. Tom helped me shovel out a path for the trucks and drove Sherry's to Bills. Back at the cabin he helped me load what I was taking, including 100 hounds of smoked salmon and 25 pounds of jerky. We closed the shutters on the windows and slip the barn door across the doorway and locked everything down. I gave him the front shoulder off the moose and told him to help himself to whatever else he needed.

Six days later I was back home and received a good lecturing from both families. My folks Ryan and Mackenzie really read me the riot act my grandfather died a couple of months after I had left, and I am going to miss him; grandma had died the year before. He left his entire estate to me; dad had boxed up what he thought I would want and rented the house out. He wanted to know if I wanted to move into it. I told him, not right now I needed to think about things for a while. Over at Sherry's house when I took her pickup home; Taylor and Allison gave me a good lecturing about how I hurt their little girl. I drove Sherry's pickup to the dealership came in the back gate and talk to my old boss for a while. There were no jobs available right now; things are pretty tight and the economy is not good, and the business was slow.

It was time for Sherry to get off work. I drove around to the front of the dealership. When she came out she was looking for her mother and did not even recognize her own truck. I had to honk to get her attention.

She slid it on the passenger side gave me a pretty smile and said. "I didn't think you would be down this quick."

I told her. "I had to; I needed to know where our relationship was going." I did hold her hand on the way back to town.

My parents through a return party on the weekend, both families and friends were invited; it lasted about three hours, mostly consisting of a few hors d'oeuvres and a lot of questions and answers. I showed the pictures I had. I put out about 20 pounds of smoked salmon, and 10 pounds of jerky it was all gone when the party was over.