Betrayed Over Conception Ch. 06

Story Info
A reunion with someone turns into union for Mike.
3.9k words
4.7
51.7k
15
Story does not have any tags

Part 6 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/25/2022
Created 07/04/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

THE CONCLUSION: Engineer Mike Giles and wife were unable to start a family and neither would undergo tests, fearful of being identified as the problem party. Gloria took a lover leading Mike to suspect her motive was pregnancy. Then he learned that his girlfriend on his worksite 200 miles north was pregnant - so that answered the question about his alleged infertility problem. Mike and Gloria agree to divorce; Gloria remarried and is pregnant through IVF. Mike's girlfriend graduated and went off to start her career, leaving him with that emply feeling until... well, read on.

SIXTEEN

A couple of months went by and I was waiting for the company to win another sizeable contract. Two small ones had been secured and it had been suggested I should be project manager for both of them as they were only 150 miles apart. In the meantime I was assigned to update the company's manual for senior engineers.

Life sucks at times. I couldn't find any woman interested in more than a one-night stand.

Suddenly that all changed.

Our biggest rival in highway construction, Blue Pacer Highway Systems, announced overnight it had gone bust. Our directors decided to make a takeover offer, including all debts, and a team of us was sent in to make assessments and to help prepare documentation.

Besides heading the team to physically look over the project, reputedly one-third completed, I was asked to assess the entire field staff of 155 personal ranging from project engineers to supervisors of site facility cleaning subcontractors. My instructions were to end up with a 60-40 ratio – keep the best 60% and recommend which 40% should be declared redundant.

Not the nicest of jobs, but it had to be done.

First ear-marked for redundancy was their senior project engineer who, if he came across, would be my boss due to seniority. My reason for my decision would, of course, be due to "excessively high salary and seniority exceeding our needs."

The contract was for 25 miles of new 4-lane highway to replace a winding rural and super-congested 2-lane highway constructed in the 1950s. If the takeover succeeded it would be our largest single contract ever as it included three interchanges and sixteen bridges and had been let for $578 million. No doubt our directors were already talking to the regional highway authority to get the contract price increased and the completion time extended, because that's how things are done.

Oh boy, was I itching to get my hands on this baby.

I instructed my team to look particularly for goof-ups that had slipped past the supervision of the project manager; the grins told me they guessed I was looking for more skids to put under my potential boss.

On the third day of our appraisal Raymond my chief assistant marched in the two engineers and their shared assistant supervising eight the bridges each, which was quite a workload and required careful construction scheduling as they couldn't be in more than one place at a time.

When that assistant entered the room behind them I was face to face with Nancy again.

"This is Miss…" but I interrupted Raymond as he saw me kissing Nancy the lips.

"Good to see you again," I muttered.

"Likewise," she said.

She'd filled out a bit and was looking great.

"Married?"

"Nope."

"Engaged?"

"Nope."

"Me neither," I grinned, trying not to show my teeth while she looked as if I was discussed non-delivery of bridge railings.

"Nancy and I worked together some time back," I said vaguely and then got the meeting underway.

The two engineers claimed bridge construction was spot on target. I asked Nancy and she looked at her two colleagues, and one nodded, I guess indicating it was okay to speak.

"I ran through everything this morning – we're almost half a day ahead."

"Good, good. I'm sure if we take over the contract you three will remain on the team. But please, keep that under your hats as so far only a few people have hi-tailed it; the others await their fate presumably optimistically."

I was doing the paperwork when my phone went – it was Nancy.

"Hi, sorry I had to act so laid-back."

"Me too. Interested in eating out tonight?"

"I have a boyfriend."

"On site?"

"Yes."

I growled: "Tell me who is he, and he can go now."

"Don't be mean," she giggled. "He's in planning."

"Out of my area; I promise not to interfere with the appraisal of him."

"Thanks."

"Well, I better push on," I said.

"Dinner tonight?"

My heart flipped. Time to be truthful.

"Look Nancy, I'm too old for you."

She giggled.

"I only said dinner. Anyway, I love my father and he's much older that you – I can't recall ever hearing you warning me off him."

"It's not the same thing."

"I know, but you know I've got a brain. Tell me this, have you the faintest interest in marrying me within the next three to five years?"

She heard me let my breath out; my lungs had virtually collapsed in shock.

"I didn't hear that," she said.

I hadn't said anything as my mind was in turmoil.

Time to be brave.

"Yes," I croaked.

"Very well," said Nancy with clinical precision. "I am prepared to consider resuming my affair with you."

"Consider?" I croaked.

"Well, I didn't wish to sound too pushy."

My breathing was almost back to normal.

"I dream about you at least a couple of times a week, Nancy."

"Ohmigod – you too?"

"Huh?"

"Whenever I rub my clit it's always you I think about; it always gives me the most satisfactory outcome. What time will you finish here tonight?"

"About seven."

"Good, I'll pick you up at 7:45 – which hotel?"

"S5 at the Astor."

"Oh, a suite – of course, you're one of the big shots now. Come down to me – I'll be driving a beaten up Jeep – number plate 'Nancy.' I won't show myself so you won't be embarrassed as being seen with an assistant engineer."

"Embarrassed? What's embarrassing about being envied."

"Goodbye, Mr Smooth Tongue. Don't be late."

It's true, I do dream about Nancy, just as I used to do about Gloria when I began courting her. I am aware I have this great, deep feeling for Nancy – it erupted when she told me she was pregnant. At first I though it was a reaction, like when finding a wounded doe, but it never quite went away, which told me something. But then Nancy went away physically.

Do I want to marry Nancy? Yes. Well then, begin the courtship!

I wish all decisions in life were as simple as that – I'd pointed out my concern about our age differential, but she'd brushed that aside, and no more warnings or objections or uncertainties were in my mind. As they say: bring it on!

We have a lovely flirtatious time at the little rural restaurant and she came back to my hotel suite. We sat on the sofa, smooching a bit and talking until she finally lost patience with my stonewalling and was all over me and within the next thirty seconds had us both undressed and was pleading, "Oh Mike, put it into me it's been so long."

So I obliged, as she fitted me like a glove. I got the rhythm going and then going on to my knees, hoisted one of her legs over my left shoulder and soon had her panting. She stared at me with huge eyes, and shuddered a couple of times, then relaxed a little, smiled and got her other leg against the leg over my left shoulder.

My angle of attack was changed by that and I guess both of us were wide-eyed as the pressure went up a couple of notches.

"Spray my tits, Mike," she said as she felt my cock beginning to vibrate. With perfect timing I pulled out and as soon as my slick cock was in my hand it began spewing its load all over her.

I thought I'd finished, but she began rubbing cum into her body and murmuring, "Oh, thank you Mike, juicy thick cum to help make my skin beautiful."

Bang, another couple of hot streams shot on to her tits.

"Ohmigod, where did all that come from?" she asked, surprised though not doubt knowing the answer.

I looked and was quite amazed myself.

"Anything left?" she asked.

I nodded and she turned on to her soggy tits and raised her ass into the air, and I slipped back in to her cunt and gave it long and slow treatment, reaching under and playing with her nipples. She finally sighed and then without any theatrics, began her juddering ejaculation.

I walked Nancy to her vehicle just before 4:00.

"I won't consider proposing to you until you tell me what your parents really think of me."

"Okay," she yawned. "It's a three-hour drive west of here. Can we leave tomorrow afternoon at 1:00?"

"Yeah, it's Saturday and the directors and lawyers will want their weekend with their families. I need to be back here at 7:00 Monday morning."

"No problem; I'll make the arrangements and you provide the vehicle as you don't pay for your vehicle running costs."

"Agreed, now you go to your cabin and get your beauty sleep. With work suspended you can sleep all day."

Mid-morning our company chief called me to his office in the hotel. I gave a verbal report and suggested we should call a meeting as soon as possible to deliver the 60-40 employment decisions as leaching of personnel would continue as time went on, upsetting our selection decisions.

"You're right – I'll call that meeting for 3:00 this afternoon. I'll have to emphasis that the issuing of new employment contacts is dependent on our takeover offer succeeding but I'll tell them I'm eighty percent certain it will proceed, our lawyers are pushing for quick action."

"Eighty percent, that's good."

"Confidentially, it's more than ninety. "Our banks posted notice of their unconditional guarantee of all debts so in effect if our takeover is accepted Blue Pacer is no longer insolvent and we can resume work immediately, although negotiations over an increased contract price and extended finishing date are still not concluded.

"That guarantee of payment of debts blew away the two other companies arriving to begin due dilligence.

"My pick is well start work with the night shift at 6:00 on Wednesday.

"Listen Mike, you are finished here in the meantime so why don't you take some time off, though I'd like you back for the board meeting here at 2:00 on Tuesday afternoon."

"Yeah, thanks," I said, watching Mac open his liquor cabinet and pour two whiskies. I went over to him.

"This is strictly confidential, Mike but if the takeover proceeds – and it will, I'm certain of that – the two companies are going to be totally merged but will operate in divisions. The board decided this morning to create a Super Construction Division to handle project of $20 million-plus to cover highways, airports, shipping container ports and major industrial development. The decision is that you be offered the position of director of Super Construction with a seat on the board. I cannot imagine you turning that offer down once you sight your new employment package, Mike, so here, take your drink – congratulations in anticipation."

SEVENTEEN

I decided not to tell Nancy about what I had just been told

I attended a company dinner that evening – an opportunity for the directors to show senior executives they could drink and tell jokes and fall down stairs drunk just like any of the underlings. It was an excellent night, but it meant I didn't get to see Nancy.

She and I set out the next afternoon for her home town. She was flushed, looking very excited, but that disappeared within the first few minutes as we settled into the drive.

"Dad you love you; mom, I really don't know."

"I'll handle it, just trust me. Behave and answer normally even if you think I'm living dangerously."

"What are you going to say?" Nancy asked, looking alarmed.

"Dunno, react on instinct I suppose."

"Oh, Mike, do you think that's best? Mom can be quite a cow if she gets upset."

"Meeting the parents is something lovers have to do, sweetheart. My problem when I take you to meet my parents is making sure dad doesn't screw you."

"Michael!"

"It's true, Nancy - and don't call me that horrible name. Two legs, big tits and good looking are all dad needs to see. He couldn't care if you had a brain or not, and I'm not sure that he'd too particular about looks."

"I'm not sure that I want to meet him."

"He's an amazing character, Nancy. My guess is you'll adore him, and get quite used to keeping him out of your knickers."

"Mike – you're making me nervous about him."

"Well, don't worry. They're on a year's holiday in Britain – they've exchanged their house and cars with a couple of folk from their old hometown of Liverpool."

"Mike!" cried Nancy, looking at me wide-eyed. Just a moment ago you called me sweetheart – we've never used endearments. You've broken through a barrier. What it accidental?"

"Intended, darling – I'm in courtship mode."

"Oh darling," she said, reaching for my arm, "Whatever am I going to tell mom?"

"Moms rather like hearing the truth from their offspring; you want to try it sometime."

"You bastard," she said, poking me in the ribs.

It was quite a large town and I found a big flower shop still open.

"Yes?" said the uncivil florist when I said I'd take the roses.

"How many?"

"I'll take the lot."

"They're frightfully expensive. There's $120 worth there."

I pulled out a $100 and held it up.

"$100 for the lot."

She looked at the note, licked her lips and said: 'Done'

"Ohmigod, you cunning devil," said Nancy, admiring the roses. That's a biggest bunch than the one you sent me that had mom over the moon. These being for her will send her into deep space."

They did.

Nancy's mom's eyes bulged when she saw the roses, not noticing my grinning aged face behind them.

"Oh my, are you a millionaire, Mike?" she asked. "I'm Erica and this behind me is Ted."

"How do you do, Erica," I said.

"Oh my, are you English?"

"No, but my parents are."

"How fascinating. Oh, hullo dear, come give your mom a kiss."

"I thought like dad I was superfluous to this meeting," laughed Nancy but Erin let that one by as she had her nose against the roses.

"Nice to meet you young man – Christ, what a body."

"Ted!"

"What?" he asked innocently.

"You used that C word."

"I'm allowed to use cunt but not Christ," Ted whispered to me, but not softly enough.

"Ted!"

I arrived in a tight white T-shirt and very tight jeans to impress Erin, but seemed to only have caught Ted's eye.

"You may need your jacket," Erin said, "You look rather undressed."

"Mom, that's Saturday gear for guys these days. Get up to speed."

"We have our own standards, thank you dear, don't we Ted."

Smart Ted gave that stock reply that has served husbands for generations: "If you say so dear."

I handed Ted a bottle of Johnny Walker Black Label whisky and gratification on his face matched his warm thanks.

We sat in the lounge for the inquisition.

"Well, Mike..." began Erin but Nancy jumped up and offered everyone a glass of wine.

"Perhaps we should wait until the end of this..." Erin appeared to be going to say 'interview', but stopped.

"Inquisition?" suggested Nancy helpfully and received a withering look.

Time for a John Wayne example of disregard for polite submissiveness in social discourse with women.

"Ma'am, let's cut to the bone and discuss am I told old for your daughter?"

"Er, I wasn't about to ask that?"

"But you were going to work up to that, weren't you. Oh my, is that china in the cabinet Royal Daulton."

"Yes, actually it is. How clever of you to notice."

"My mum has a collection of Daulton and Bavarian pieces."

"Oh my goodness, now lovely."

"Here are your wines, everyone," said Nancy cheerfully, hoping her mom had been diverted.

"Do you think I'm unsuitable to be dating your daughter, Erin?"

Erin flushed, this frontal attack was not her thing.

"I really don't know. What do you say, Ted?"

"What ever you say, dear."

"But I really haven't said anything."

"If Nancy decides she wants to marry a guy ten years older than she is, shouldn't she as an adult be free to make her choice," I said, belligerently.

"Ten years," Erin said, fluttering her hands in front of her face as if she were about to faint."

I'd suspected something here so I turned to Ted and said: "Ted, how old were you when you married Erin?"

"Twenty-eight."

"And how old was Erin."

"Twenty-two."

Erin turned white.

"Was I that young?" she asked.

No one answered.

"Erin," I said, "times have changed since you were a young bride. Today just over 40% of first marriages end within the first fifteen years, and up to 75% of all divorced people remarry. So what may be an unsatisfactory outcome of marriage after the first few years, you've got a pretty good chance of putting it right later on."

"I hadn't thought of it like that."

"Ted," I said, getting all serious. "I'd like to ask your permission to seek the hand of your daughter."

I didn't have a clue if those were the right words, but it sounded fine to me.

The two women looked shell shocked.

"Yes, my boy, you have my permission."

"Ted!" screamed Erin.

"Shut up, Erin," he said firmly, don't ruin our daughter's finest hour."

I went down on one knee in front of Nancy. Her eyes rolled into her head and she fell in a dead faint, into my arms.

"Ted," screamed Erin. "The smelling salts, my dresser drawer, top left! This is one of the greatest moments in her life, and she's in danger of missing it!"

The salts helped revive Nancy. I sat her back in a chair and I went through the knee bending exercise again: "Nancy, will you marry me."

"Yes, oh yes!" she said.

"Oh darl..." cried her mother, collapsing on the carpet in a dead faint.

Smelling salts helped bring her around and we sat her in the chair beside Nancy.

"I think we should eat out this evening," I said firmly. "You two women are not in a fit state to cook a meal."

"We should leave the women to rest; do you play golf?" asked Ted.

"A little," I said, so we kissed our woman folk and went off to his golf club, where we had lunch and played a round of golf, I unintentionally allowing Ted to beat me by six strokes with five holes left to play. He was elated.

EIGHTEEN

At the restaurant that evening, Erin kept nudging Ted and finally he said, "What are your prospects, my boy?"

"I own my own house, have a senior engineer's position at high salary, a company vehicle, I propose to upgrade Nancy's vehicle and with her consent and propose impregnating her, with her conscent, twice to give you two grandchildren."

"That sounds fine to me, my boy."

"Those are very good prospects, and no doubt further promotion will come along as you seem to be a very persuasive, talented and personable young man," said Erin.

"So, is Mike now accepted into the family?" asked Nancy.

"Yes," said Ted.

"Most certainly," said Erin firmly.

"Thank Christ for that," said Nancy wearily.

"Nancy!"

"What?" retorted Nancy innocently.

"The C word," said her mom.

"I didn't say cunt," Nancy said in a loud voice, and the whole restaurant hushed. Erin sunk deep into her chair in embarrassment.

Back at the house Erin escorted me to the sunroom to show me my bed. Nancy followed and said: "No, no – a thousand noes, mom. He's a big boy – rather big actually, and I'm a big girl and he's sleeping in my bed, otherwise we'll book into a hotel."

"A hotel?" Erin said weakly.

"Yes," said her daughter, defiantly.

"Very well,' said Erin. "Your sleeping arrangements are your business. Darling, please bring me in green tea in the morning and your father will have weak white coffee and two crackers. Good night, children."

Next day I Nancy and I went shopping. I bought a sharp new suit and I bought her a fabulous evening gown.

"Why?" she asked bewildered. I sat her down and said on Tuesday night in all probability we would be invited to a sumptuous dinner-dance to mark the merger approval of the two companies.

12