Beyond the Borderline

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CPBaudelaire
CPBaudelaire
1,219 Followers

"I'm all ears."

"Nurse Mommy did a great job taking care of her poor son's terrible swellings this past week, but now Dr. Ricky has a prescription for his patient."

"I see. Are you going to use your thermometer to take my temperature?"

"I already know your temperature, gorgeous. It's smokin' hot. We might have to check it again later this afternoon, but until then, I have a different treatment plan."

"First, we're going to have a long shower, as hot as you can stand, and this time I mean temperature. I'll wash your hair and scrub you from eyebrows to toenails. Of course, I may pause along the way occasionally to make sure that every part of my Mommy is squeaky clean."

"Cleanliness is next to godliness, they say."

"We're in agreement on that. Breakfast will be next after the shower. We'll toast those leftover baguettes and cut up some fresh fruit. We will then exit, food in hand, to the poolside, where we will proceed to slather each other with tanning oil and baste in the sun the rest of the day. As an added inducement, I'll make a pitcher of Bloody Marias as well."

"I always follow sound medical advice."

"Let's get started then."

***

While we were gathering things up to head out to the pool, the phone rang.

"You go ahead and get things set up, Ricky. I'll get this."

"Hello."

Mom covered the receiver with her hand and tuned to me, slightly surprised. "It's Marcia."

"Hello, Marcia. It's nice to hear from you. Yes, we're fine. Thank you for the other night, by the way. It was very unexpected and very kind of you. I would have gotten back in touch with you sooner, but well, we got busy..."

Mom was actually blushing like a schoolgirl as she said this, her voice becoming endearingly hesitant.

"No, nothing special planned today. We're planning to lie out by the pool and relax, actually. Yes, we're fine, splendid actually. Okay. Why don't you come over in an hour or so. We'll see you then."

Mom turned to me with a questioning look. "Is that okay with you, Ricky? I actually think I'm looking forward to this, you know, some girl talk."

"It's pretty clear that we have much more in common with Marcia than we ever thought, Mom. I think it's a good idea. Besides, I'd like to thank her, face to face, for what she didn't do and did do for us."

"Let's eat."

As we sat by the pool, we fed each other and sipped our drinks. I was in one of my generic surfer-type swim trunks and Mom had on an absolutely amazing, one-piece swimsuit. It was deep navy in color, with high, scalloped cut leg holes and a very narrow front panel, which barely covered her crotch. Her womanly thatch was evident on either side of the fabric. It was tight as a drum as it flowed over her mons, producing an obvious camel toe.

In the back, it was cut somewhere in between a bikini brief and a thong, showing a fairly generous, but not outrageous expanse of each of her wonderful moons. The front of the suit was a marvel of engineering. Over her bust, it was just scooped out enough for a moderate amount of décolletage to show, but at the same time, it produced a kind of push-up effect, which marvelously accentuated her breasts. It was at once incredibly stylish, elegant and very, very sexy.

"I take it this is one of those purchases from last Sunday which you wouldn't let me see."

"Right in one. It's a Mara Hoffman."

"It's absolutely sensational, Mom. As much as I love how you look in a bikini, I think that this may become my new favorite. Whatever you paid for it, it's worth every penny."

"Thank you, sweet boy. I was hoping you'd like it." Glancing down below her waist, she added, "I think a little trimming is in order, though."

"No, no Mom - don't do that, please!" I exclaimed hurriedly. "I like you just the way you are, not a girl, but all woman." I bent over to whisper in her ear. "I love your sexy, hairy pussy just the way it is; it's too pretty and tasty to change."

Mom blushed and punched me on my arm. "You are so bad, Ricky. Okay. I'll stay a cavewoman for you."

***

"Yoo hoo, are you guys decent?"

"Open the gate and come on back, Marcia, Ricky and I are just finishing breakfast. Will you join us?"

"No thanks, dear, I've already eaten."

"A drink perhaps? Ricky made some Bloody Marias."

"That I think I could say yes to," she said appreciatively. "Thanks very much."

Marcia took the drink from me and smiled, plopping down into a folding chair opposite to our loungers.

"I truly hope I'm not intruding on you guys today, but I really wanted to talk with both of you a bit more. That past Friday night didn't seem like the right time, and I really wanted to share a few things with you."

She looked us both over with a warm, indulgent smile.

"I can just tell. It's like a 20-foot billboard. You're together now, aren't you?"

Mom cleared her throat. "What makes you say that, Marcia?"

"Please, dear, call me 'Marsh'. I'm already starting to think of you both as kindred spirits. But yes, it's clear as a bell to me."

She winked conspiratorially at Mom. "Jenny, my girl, you have The Glow."

I smiled into my drink, sipping through its straw to cover my expression. I felt like I would burst with pride when I heard Marsh say those words. Next to the actual rush of giving my beautiful mother an orgasm, knowing that somebody else could tell how well I had loved her was almost as wonderful a feeling. I felt like I was ten feet tall with a twelve-inch dick.

Mom was aghast. "Is it that obvious?"

"Perhaps to me," Marsh grinned. "I have developed a discerning eye over the past several years, and that's one of the things I wanted to chat about."

Marcia paused for a moment, sipping reflectively on her drink.

"We've been living across the street from one another for, what, 7 years now? You two have always been pleasant, courteous neighbors, even though I knew that you secretly thought I was the neighborhood busybody and gossipmonger."

Mom stirred in her seat in protest,

Holding up her hand, Marsh halted Mom's nascent complaint, saying, "No, Jenny, please hear me out. You have your job to channel your energies into. The best way you could protect your boy was to provide for his security by being successful in your career. I'm in a different position. My alimony has kept us quite comfortable and I'm not the kind of person who can sit in a cubicle and do insurance adjusting or whatever. My way of protecting Shawn when he was growing up was to be there for him as much as possible and to know the neighborhood and everything that went on in it."

"So...I became the block sale organizer, the PTO chairwoman, the Trick or Treat lady and any other thing that would allow me to keep my finger on the pulse of this place. I was a pretty big control freak. It helped me cope with being a single Mom dependent on child support and alimony for my survival. I have an established reputation of poking my long nose into places where it isn't necessarily welcome, under the guise of my role as the social queen bee around here."

Marcia smiled briefly and resumed her narrative.

"All that changed three years ago when Shawn and I became lovers. It was quite a wrenching transition to suddenly become the possessor of such a dark, dangerous and terrifying secret. In the course of one day, I was transformed from the gossiping dirt detective to someone who could be ruined for life by one slip-up. That sort of thing tends to change your world view just a tad," she stated dryly.

"Let's face it, I'm just a nosy person by nature. All other things being equal, I probably would still be the same catty bitch I used to be. I didn't pull away from my role in the neighborhood simply because Shawn was growing up. I now had something to fear. I could be hurt and lose something precious."

I stood up to refill Marcia's glass. "I guess I don't understand how you came to discover us, that Sunday, Marsh."

She chuckled ruefully. "Well Rick, between my reputation and your secret, I can only imagine what it must have been like, waiting to hear from me again."

"It was a terrible time for us, Marsh," Mom replied, holding her thumb and forefinger an inch apart. "I was this close to breaking it all off."

"I would never have forgiven myself if I ended up destroying something so beautiful. What you and Rick share is so much like Shawn and me," she said wistfully. "It really makes me feel good to know that there is someone else out there who's as lucky as we are. Just looking at you two makes me ache for my boy, but in a good way."

"You know Jen," she went on, "It's ironic that I ended up causing you such difficulties, because I was actually coming over to talk about something I saw that Friday evening."

When I saw Rick squiring you on his arm out to that limo, it really made my antennae twitch. The way you held onto him and the looks you were exchanging made me do a double take. It got me thinking and wondering about you two, and what happened after that was pure chance. I had just finished putting the cat out when you two got back from wherever it was you went."

She paused and drew a deep breath.

"I saw the kiss you two shared in the front doorway. My God! It made me weak in the knees, wet between the legs and took my breath away, and I was only looking at it! I couldn't get you two out of my head - at that time, I had no idea where you might have been in your relationship with each other, but I could tell by that kiss that if you weren't already lovers, you would be soon."

"You probably never noticed it, Jen, but I had always been a little jealous of your career and your status. You're so busy that you aren't aware of how respected and admired you are by most of your neighbors. My former self was always a bit envious, I guess."

"Anyway, when I saw that incredible kiss, I felt an instant connection, as though we had suddenly become sisters under the skin. So... basically all I was planning on doing that Sunday was coming over to say, "You go, girl!" and "I've got your back."

Marcia got up and went over to Mom, giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek, "You REALLY go, girl!"

Mom blushed and chuckled, but then turned serious. "Marsh, what exactly DID you see?"

"Well, it was really more of a combined sensory impression sort of thing. As I was walking by the kitchen window, I saw you at the sink. You were sort of bent over with your head hanging down and Ricky here was....well...rather close behind you. You were, uhm, preoccupied and didn't appear to notice me. I suppose if I had thought things through, I would have turned around and come back later, but I didn't. I think subconsciously, I had an idea of what was going on and I guess I reflexively just went into nosey, prying mode, hoping to catch you two in the clinch, as it were, just to confirm my intuition."

"So.... I let myself in by the garage and announced myself, and that's what you probably heard. By the time I got down the hallway to the kitchen door, you had put yourselves back together, but there were a couple of details...."

"I really thought we had covered our tracks, Marsh," I objected.

"Well Rick, at first glance, yes. However, " she grinned, "It was pretty hard to overlook the aroma of fresh semen in the air. I also thought it was unlikely that I was seeing dish detergent on the inside of Jenny's leg!" she laughed.

I groaned and slapped my forehead. Mom was blushing furiously.

"Anyway, I came to my senses and realized that I had created a real problem for the two of you by barging in essentially unannounced, so I made my excuses and got out of Dodge."

Marcia cleared her throat and became more serious. "I'm very sorry now about what I did. It obviously created a real crisis for both of you. I had no way of knowing where things were really at for you guys and now I feel just horrible about how I handled things."

Tears welled in her eyes. "I hope you will forgive me. I hope we can become friends now, even though I know I'm presuming on you good will once again."

Mom got up and sat next to Marcia. Taking her hand, she glanced at me for confirmation and said, "We forgive you Marsh. I'll give you the details later, but it actually worked out for the best, unfolding the way it did. It took Ricky and me right to the edge of the abyss, but it made us see things as they really are between us, and how we actually want them to be for the future."

"Look at this, Marsh," she said, holding up her left hand. "Isn't it beautiful?"

Marcia took Mom's hand and carefully inspected the ring. "Jesus, Jen, it's magnificent! It's got to be at least a full carat!"

"It's a VVS 1, 1.2 carats," I said proudly. "Nothing less than the best for my mother."

"Don't ask me what it means," I added with a chuckle. "I'm just repeating what the jeweler told me. When I talked with him about my special lady, from the way I described her, he said nothing less would do her justice."

Marcia was agog, looking back and forth between the two of us. Reaching out, I took Mom's hand and drew her away from Marcia to my lap, placing my arms around her waist. "Marsh," I declared, "I love this woman with my entire heart and soul. I want everyone who sees her to know that she has a man that thinks the world of her."

Marcia was grinning fit to bust. "It's exquisitely romantic, Ricky. You done your Momma proud. Jenny, when did he...."

Mom colored up and looked down at her feet, her blush quickly rising from her breasts to her hairline. "Just before our first time, Marsh, on Friday night. He proposed. He really, truly proposed to me!" Mom flung her arms around my neck and kissed me passionately and soundly.

Mom and Marcia were both tearing up now and I was getting a little misty-eyed myself. "We're going to make a life together, Marsh," I said seriously. "I'm looking at my job options right now to see how we're going to make this work."

"You guys are simply amazing," Marcia exclaimed. "Two soul mates, Mother and Son - it's perfection."

Marsh paused for a moment and sighed dreamily. "I think the world would be a better place if more mothers loved their sons as we do, but people don't or won't ever look at that kind of love straight on, seeing it for what it truly is. Real love is the rarest, most precious commodity there is. Everybody on the outside just focuses on the sex aspect of it, how warped a person has to be to sleep with their child, how screwed up that young man must end up being, sleeping with his mother."

"Jen, you and I both know how good the sex is. There's nothing like it. Some of it is the taboo, but mostly it's the connection, the deepest sharing possible between two people who already love each other. That extra sharing with your son is beautiful in a way the rest of the world will never understand."

"But that's their loss," she concluded briskly, almost coldly. "I know what I have with Shawn and what you and Rick share. In the end, I'm not going to worry about what anyone else thinks. Our lives are rich beyond their myopic imaginings and repressed emotions. If I had my druthers, I'd find a way to bring more mothers and sons together."

"We're as lucky as two people can be, Marsh," Mom agreed, looking at me with a warm smile.

"Well, Jen, you've already got me torn in two. You're obviously going to be moving away, so you can be together safely, but it seems so unfair to me, since we've just started to really know each other. This bond we share now...it's rare and special. I find that I am loathe to see you go."

"It's going to be a little while yet, Marsh," I reassured. "I've got a couple of good prospects, but we probably won't be doing anything for at least a month now. I think we have a lot to talk about, and I find I'm very much interested in meeting Shawn now. But don't worry - I think we'll be staying in touch with you two, for sure."

"Shawn and I would really appreciate that, Ricky. Now though, if you don't mind, I'd like to get the skinny from you guys on how you got together."

"I don't know how much there really is to say, Marsh," Mom began. We've always been very close. I'm pretty sure that Ricky first became interested in me when he was about 13 or so - that about right, sweetheart?"

"Yah, Mom. I remember we first thought that I was just pretty much going through a normal phase, but I never really got out of it. I guess what was different for me was that the sexual attraction was always there, but on top of that, I truly and completely fell head over heels in love with you when I was about 15. That feeling never went away and only became stronger as time went by. After Nana and Gramps passed...well, all we had left was each other. I just had to be there for you, Mom. It was really tough to be so needed, but also not being able to act on how I really felt. There was always a little voice in the back of my mind saying "don't push it, Rick. Be careful, don't hurt her."

"He's such a good man, Marsh," Mom said, slipping her arm around my waist and stroking my hair. "He was aching to be with me, but he put my feelings first. There was no way that I was prepared at that time for our relationship to change in that way. I think Ricky sensed that and didn't push things. Lord knows I was vulnerable and lonely and sad enough at that point that I would have given myself over to his attentions if he had pressed," she concluded.

"That's amazing, Rick. I can't think of anything more difficult to endure, as attracted to and as in love as you obviously were with Jen. I'm surprised you didn't go off the deep end."

"I never told you this Ricky, but I knew how you felt," Mom said. "I could feel it in my bones. Until that time, I didn't even remotely consider that there was any chance of us coming together. I think that was the first time I really saw what kind of man you might end up being. I was so proud of you, how mature and caring you were. It was then that I first began to think, in my most secret dreams, that maybe, just maybe we could be with each other. But I also knew that I wasn't going to simply settle for an affair with my son, which could very easily ruin both of our lives."

After Marsh left, we stayed planted in our loungers, soaking in the sun and simply holding hands. After recounting our story to her, we now turned our thoughts ahead to the coming months, and what our plans should be.

We had finally and miraculously ended up in each other's arms, fulfilling the desires of both of our hearts. I felt that everything else in our world must surely fall into place, since we now had each other and would spend the rest of our lives together. Riiiight.

It's hard enough for any "normal" couple to blend two careers together in one location, let alone an incestuous union between a mother and her son. We were not only going to have to move to conceal our secret, but also figure out how Mom could continue her career and I could start mine. This problem began to occupy most of our waking thoughts. Mom absolutely had to continue on as Jennifer Marie Lindermann, having built an entire career and life. That left us with figuring out how to make me someone else. The more we delved into the practical details, the bigger that devil got.

Our solution began to take shape about a week later, one evening after Mom came home from work. I had been on the phone all day with my old advisor at the U as well as quite a few of my mentors at cooking school, with few leads and a general dearth of ideas and suggestions. The consensus was clearly that I should stay in the metro area, as I had several standing offers at prestigious establishments, but I knew this was not going to work. We simply could not risk staying close to home, not if we were going to have any chance at a real life together.

I was keeping reasonably busy at Louie's, having added one more day a week to my schedule there, while I wrestled with making a decision about my work. I tried to stay busy, because being at home with time on my hands was driving me crazy. Part of it was not knowing what my long-term plan should be, other than being with Mom. What was more surprising to me was how much I missed Mom when she went into work during the day. You would think that spending every waking hour of the weekends with her, sleeping in the same bed every night and making love at least once a day would have been enough, but every morning when she went out the door or I dropped her at the train station, it seemed as though the universe slipped a little bit out of kilter. I suppose I was just being greedy, especially considering how things had turned out for us. Pretty silly I know, but there it was.

CPBaudelaire
CPBaudelaire
1,219 Followers