Big Loss, Big Gain Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Laura, it's not what you think."

"DON'T LIE TO ME. I SAW YOU WITH HIM, AT THE MALL, WITH YOUR DAUGHTER!" OH, YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD STEAL HIM AND KEEP HIM ALL TO YOURSELF!"

I grabbed the family portrait and held it up for her to see.

"Laura, please. Was the little girl around 6 years old? Look, my daughters are older. Laura, please understand, I'm not with Jim. He's with Holly, my younger sister. Believe me, Laura, I tried to stop it. They met while I was on an extended vacation in California. By the time I realized who she was seeing it was too late. My sister has never gone against my wishes or refused any request I've ever made until now. She flat out told me that there was no way she would give him up. Laura, I am on your side. I called Jim several times. You were here when I made one of those calls. I'm sorry, I really thought he was coming back to you. Please Laura, don't hurt me. My girls and my husband need me."

Laura's eyes started to fill even more, then as the tears started falling, she slowly put the gun on my desk. I came around it and extended my arms to her. We held each other and I tried to comfort her.

"Please help me Pamela. Please help me. I don't know what to do."

I really didn't know what to say or do at that point either and then I looked down at the family portrait and saw my husband. For a split second I thought about what life would be like if I lost his love. I started crying just about as hard as Laura.

Jim's view

Holly and I had taken Jenny and one of her school friends over to the park. While the two young ones were off having a little tea party, I was talking to Holly, who seemed to be smiling a lot.

"You seem to be really happy today Holly."

"I am. I've never been more happier in my life."

"It wouldn't have anything to do with that piece of jewelry on your left hand, would it?"

"It has everything to do with it. For the longest time I prayed that a special man would come into my life and then you came along. All my hopes and dreams are coming true and it's only going to get better. In a few months I'll be able to look at someone and say 'Hi, I'm Holly Martin and this is my husband, Jim' and I know that will be one of the happiest days of my life.

EPILOG

Jim Martin continues to reside in the home that was formerly occupied by his grandparents. However, now he is far from being alone. Each night he sleeps next to his beautiful wife Holly and down the hall you can peek in on his daughter Jenny. If you listen close enough, you just might hear laughter from a small child. A child named James Martin Jr.

Sarah Martin graduated from the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy with honors. Her hard work and determination resulted in an internship and eventual full-time employment at a busy pharmacy in Boston's hospital district. One day she filled a prescription for a well-dressed, handsome man with a big smile. He left only to return ten minutes later to wait in line behind six customers for the chance to ask her out. They are now happily married and raising two sons.

Roy Timson was fortunate to have an older brother who sold insurance. Kathy's death led to a FedEx delivery and the envelope that Roy signed for contained two checks totaling $643,000. Mortgage insurance of $143,000 and a straight-life benefit of $500,000. Roy sold the house and moved to Florida, buying a combination house/ fishing & bait shop. One day a woman walked into his shop with her eleven year old son who was crazy about fishing. Fours month later, the two of them moved in.

With Pamela's help, Laura began seeing a therapist. Pamela shared the therapist's reports with Jim who ultimately decided to pay for future sessions. Jim agreed that Laura was obviously having trouble moving on and was paying a heavy price for her actions. He learned that as Sarah became more self-sufficient and less reliant on her mother, Laura felt left out, especially since Sarah always seemed to seek out her father for schoolwork assistance. This led to the irrational arguments and the general breakdown in their relationship. Jim, in general, seemed to accept this explanation, but had trouble agreeing with some of the other aspects of the report. According to the therapist, Kathy's influence couldn't have come at a worse time, when she was questioning her value as a mother and possibly as a wife and desirable woman. In his opinion, if it had occurred a year sooner or a year later, her decisions would have been different.

At Pamela insistence, Laura eventually posted a profile out on 'ChristianMingle' where she met a nice man who was able to provide the love, support and companionship she needed. Although she is grateful that this man has come into her life, every so often as her new man sleeps nearby, you can see a tear in her eye as she recalls the only true love of her life, Jim Martin.

THE END