Bikini And A Badge Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

“Ok.” Rob muttered. “But, I’d like to come with you guys though.”

“Just Tyler. That’s the deal.” Brittany said, sounding defiant. “Take it or leave it.”

“I’ll have him at the airport.” Rob replied, sounding quite disappointed. “I’ll pack him some clothes to take along.”

After agreeing on a time to pick up Tyler at the airport, Brittany cut their phone conversation short. She’d won the first round. Now all she hoped for was that Tyler would love her as much as his father did.

“You’re gonna take that little boy fishing, aren’t you?” Evelyn exclaimed. “You’re gonna work the boy to get to his father.”

“Actually, I’m working them both.” Brittany replied, coyly grinning. “I really need to see how Tyler and I get along together. I already know what Rob wants. We‘re just having difficult negotiating.”

The next couple of days seemed to fly by with Brittany and Evelyn going over plans for reopening the marina. The two women accomplished a great deal, although Brittany was still apprehensive about being “in the driver’s seat”. As the two leisurely strolled through the temporarily closed marina and boat dealership, they jotted down notes on things they wanted to change and improve. Evelyn was feeling much more confident in Brittany’s ability to handle the business. She’d gone through hell twice. Surviving the operation of a multi-million dollar business should come easy for her closest friend and business partner.

Friday morning Brittany and Evelyn left Miami for the five-hour flight to Santa Barbara. Brittany chose to wear a light tan business suit hoping to make a good first impression on Rob’s family in case they were at the airport. The skirt was a little short but Evelyn reassured her she looked exceptionally appropriate.

After a smooth flight and brief good-byes at the Santa Barbara airport, Brittany was on her way to Lawton. Being diverted around a sudden snowstorm over the southern Rockies, the pilots still made the scheduled landing on time. Checking her appearance in the planes bathroom mirror, Brittany exited the plane with the copilot giving her a hand as she descended the steps.

“You look great, Ms. Michaels.” He murmured, escorting her to the passenger terminal.

His kind remark turned her face into a smile that stayed with her as she entered the small terminal building. Rob, wearing his trademark cowboy hat, was beaming as he rushed towards her. Their warm embrace and tender kiss seemed to isolate the pair from everyone else watching the two. Rob held her tightly as if he wasn’t about to let her go. She could feel his strong heartbeat pounding against her chest

After introducing Brittany to his son, Tyler, she met his parents and the rest of his family who had come to meet her. Chatting with them, their friendliness and hospitality put her at ease. Rob held her hand firmly like she was going to bolt and run away from him. Tyler never took his eyes off her the whole time. She and Rob finally got a few minutes to themselves. Asking about her health and physical condition, she reassured him the blurriness in her right eye was quickly fading. Her wrist, however, would remain in a cast for another five to six weeks.

The copilot picked up the two small suitcases Rob had packed for his son. As Brittany and Tyler walked hand-in-hand to board the private jet, Rob inquired where the two were going.

“We’re going fishing ………in the Bahamas!” Brittany replied, looking back over her shoulder.

Brittany and Tyler sat facing each other in the plane. The two continued with their conversation from the few nights previous. Tyler looked so much like his father it was like seeing Rob when he was that age. Like Rob, Tyler was well-mannered and fastidious about his appearance. By the time the aircraft cleared the Gulf coast, he was fast asleep in his seat. The quietness gave Brittany a chance to take a brief catnap and ease her tenseness.

Arriving in Nassau around 7:30pm, Brittany and Tyler checked into a suite at the Radisson Cable Beach Resort. While Tyler used his pocket camera to take pictures of the beach and the scenery from their third floor balcony, Brittany phoned Richard and Jake on their boat at the Nassau marina. She invited them to dinner at the hotel’s restaurant.

At dinner, the two men made quite a fuss over Rob’s son. Not being used to all the attention being paid to him, Tyler eagerly soaked it up. The weather for the weekend was forecast to be sunny and quite warm, much warmer than normal for late December.


Saturday morning, Brittany and Tyler boarded Richard and Jake’s boat for an all day fishing trip off the northern coast of Paradise Island. While Jake helped Tyler get the bait on the fishing line, Brittany and Richard sat on the bridge talking about the rescue missions and the drug assignment she and her team had just completed. Richard was curious about her relationship with Tyler’s father.

“We gonna get to be honorary grandfathers?” Richard kidded. “This isn’t going to be another Trace McCullough relationship, I hope.”

“I’m not sure.” Brittany replied. “We haven’t discussed marriage. We seem to be avoiding using that particular term.”

“Well, there’s nothing wrong with you asking him.” Richard said. “Doesn’t always have to be the guy who does the proposing.”

“I’m afraid of how he’d react if I tell him I may not be able to have any children.” Brittany responded. “The crash really messed up my female organs.”

“If this guy really loves you, it won’t matter one bit.” Richard stated. “You could always formally adopt the boy. That way, he’d be your son instead of your stepson.”

“Yeah. I never thought about that.” Brittany said. “I could if Rob wanted me too.”

“There’s nothing you and this guy can’t work out if you try.” Richard remarked.

Brittany agreed with Richard. If she and Rob would sit down and talk, they could probably work through their problems.

The day’s fishing proved fruitful. Tyler caught several small game fish and hooked a tarpon but the fish through the hook as it leaped out of the water. Just the sight of the huge fish on the end of his line was enough to exhilarate Tyler and make his day. Seeing the boy have the time of his life certainly made Brittany’s day.

Sunday, Brittany took Tyler on a tour of the city and the island. The two explored Fort Charlotte, which was built in 1788 and the Queen’s Staircase, which was hand covered out of sandstone at the end of the eighteenth century.

Monday morning, Brittany and Tyler visited Crystal Cay Marine Park. The underwater park, built around an existing reef, was educational as well as entertaining for both of them.

Tyler was quiet on the flight back to Oklahoma. Brittany was tired from all the activities although she felt much better physically and emotionally. Tyler sat in his seat looking out the window as the landscape below passed at over five-hundred miles per hour. Reaching the coastline of Texas, Tyler looked over at Brittany. He had a worried look on his face.

“Where you goin’ after we get home?” He asked.

“Well, I’ve got to be getting back to Florida.” Brittany answered. “I’ve got business to take care of there.”

“When you gonna come back?” Tyler inquired. “You’re gonna be back by Christmas, aren’t you?”

“I ……. I don’t know if I can do that or not.” Brittany replied, stammering.

She was stuck for answers but she wasn’t going to build up the boy’s hopes or lie to him.

“If you go, Dad’s afraid you won’t come back.” Tyler stated. “I don’t want you to go either.”

Brittany quickly gathered her thoughts, trying to ease the boy’s fears, being careful of what she said.

“I promise I’ll come back.” Brittany finally said. “I won’t break my promise to you.”

Tyler appeared to be taking her at her word although it didn’t seem to make him feel better.

The private jet landed at the Lawton airport early Monday evening. There was a light covering of snow on the ground with temperatures in the teens. Rob was standing in the terminal with his parents. Brittany and Tyler exited the aircraft carrying the boy’s two small suitcases.

“How was the fishing?” Rob’s father asked. “Catch anything.”

“Yeah, we caught a bunch but the big one got away.” Tyler answered.

“He caught a five foot Tarpon but it threw the hook when it jumped out of the water.” Brittany said.

“You did!” Rob and his father both said in unison.

Tyler didn’t respond to the comment. He looked distraught and upset as he walked over to his grandparents.

“How’d things go between you two?” Rob murmured.

“Everything went great.” Brittany responded. “He asked me to come back.”

“You’re not leaving.” Rob stated. “I’m not going to let you back on that plane.”

“Then we should talk.” Brittany responded. “Let’s go sit on the plane. Ok?”

Rob and Brittany walked out to the plane. Rob’s arm was pulling Brittany in close to him.

“Guys, could Brittany and I have a little privacy?” Rob asked. “There’s hot coffee inside the terminal.”

Both pilots stepped off the aircraft, closing the door behind them. It was just she and Rob sitting inside the cabin illuminated with soft lighting.

“I’ve loved you since the first time you and I made love together on the houseboat.” He murmured. “I didn’t want to tell you because I was afraid you’d reject me.”

“Now that I see how Tyler has taken to you, I feel even stronger about my feelings.” He continued. “Do you think you’d ever consider marrying me?”

“What if I told you I might not be able to have children?” Brittany murmured. “Could you live with that?”

“That doesn’t matter. We’d always have Tyler.” Rob replied. “You never know, we might just luck out and have a baby together.”

“We’d have to try.” Brittany stated. “I’m not giving up hope.”

“There are some things we’d have to agree on though.” She added. “We’d have to live near Miami. Coral Gables is nice. They’ve got good private schools and safe neighborhoods.”

“I could get a job at one of the airports.” Rob commented. “Maybe even fly charters down to the islands and the Keys. I don‘t want to just sit around and do nothing.”

“Let’s get married, so we can all be happy.” Brittany suggested. “I’m tired of playing games.”

Rob and Brittany sealed their agreement with a kiss and a long embrace. Gathering her luggage, Rob opened the door to the aircraft and stepped off, assisting Brittany down the steps.

As the two pilots approached them, the couple stopped to inform them they could spend the rest of the holidays with their families.

Tyler and Rob’s family were ecstatic with their decision. Rob’s parents insisted Brittany stay with them during the holidays. The day after Christmas Rob Garrison and Brittany Michaels were married in Lawton, Oklahoma. Evelyn Brooks was the maid of honor while Rob’s brother-in-law served as best man. Tyler stood with the couple as they pledged their vows to each other.