Birthday Girl Ch. 01

Story Info
They meet.
2.6k words
4.64
45.8k
82

Part 1 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 12/02/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Agera_R
Agera_R
245 Followers

Hey guys,

This is my first attempt at writing and my first submission so please go easy.

If I get a positive response I will continue, and if not it can stay as a stand-alone story.

All character are over 18, yada yada yada... u know the drill.

*****

Really? Again? Don't I ever learn? I sat there with my head in my hands as the bass from the speakers throbbed all around me strong enough to even making my jeans vibrate. I looked up at the frenzy around me. Through the strobe lights I could see bodies that were way too close to each other gyrating to the music with wild abandon, seemingly in a trance. I groaned and put my face back into my hands. If there is a god up there please take me away from here.

You see, I was never big on clubs. Well maybe when I was younger they had a slight appeal but even then I had to be really hammered to step into one. These days it was just pure torture. Step into a room with three to four hundred people when it was designed for maybe a hundred max, throw in ear splitting music and you had to be a freaking acrobat to get anywhere near the damn bar and well you see where I'm going with this. I'd prefer a drinking session with the guys at the pub any day over this circus.

So what the bloody hell, you may ask, are you doing in this madness? Well you see my dear friends, we all have these annoying things called best friends that have this uncanny habit of making us do exactly that which we don't want. I looked up and searched the dance floor for that traitor. "Just one drink" he said. "It'll be fun" he said. Rat bastard. I was going to punch him and his nosy girlfriend for this treachery. Ok so I wasn't, but hey, one can fantasize. Truth be told they were like family to me and from what I know, family can get into your skin sometimes, it's allowed.

I spotted Nick at the edge of the dance floor talking to a couple of middle-aged dudes who looked about three sheets from the wind. Well if we are being technical he was less talking and more gesturing like a retarded mime. Ah yes, the joys of networking. I didn't see Jenna with him so I figured she must be doing her own socializing. Assholes. Leaving me here with their friends, whom I don't know from Adam, and they expect me to mix in. Yeah right, that was going to happen. I glanced around at the two couples we had arrived with and found one couple pulling duck faces at the camera. The other couple was busy playing the who can find the others tonsils game. I finished my drink and got up to go to the bathroom. I swayed on the spot as I straightened up. How much had I drunk?

On my way to piss paradise I rewound my journey here. There I was, eagerly looking forward to watching Donnie Yen beat living crap out of the Chinese villain in a whirlwind of high speed punches and super flying kicks, but Noooooooooooo... Mister I know what's best for you and his sidekick Miss I know what's even better for you had to show up and ruin my Kung Fu night that I would have happily spent laughing at the poorly translated sub-titles. "Your Fist of Crane no match for my Eagle Fury!" Ha! Good stuff right there. Long story short, they felt I had spent too much time indoors by myself and therefore needed to visit the world of the living for a change. Fat load of good it did me.

After depositing my precious cargo into the urinal I washed and got back out again. I looked back at the dance floor and winced. No way was I going back in there for a while. Deciding my eardrums needed a much needed break I settled upon stepping out for a bit of fresh air since my two guardians seemed pre-occupied in their own business. Having had more than a few drinks I had a pleasant buzz and I was feeling no pain as I walked around the club humming a mindless tune to myself.

My phone rang even before I could make a lap of the premises. It was Nick. I considered ignoring his call as a small measure of revenge but that thought was short-lived I swiped to answer.

"Sup dickhead"

"Screw you. Where are you?" he shouted over the music on his end.

"Had to take a call" I lied. "Be back in a few."

He cut the call and I smiled as I put the phone back in my pocket. Whatever the case, we always looked out for each other. I stood taking the last few breaths of freedom before I headed back when I heard a voice around the corner.

"Look, I have to go back now, my friends will be looking for me" said a female voice that was trying to sound strong but there was an underlying edge to it.

Now normally I stay well way from other people's problems, especially in situations involving clubs and women because it's usually always testosterone filled morons fighting over some attention seeking bimbo, but this didn't seem like the case. And besides, she had a nice voice. Now I had to put a face to the voice.

I looked at the entrance to the club then towards the corner and silently cursed myself as I gave in to curiosity and moved closer to the voices. I peeked around the corner and saw three guys leaning on the hood of their cars and the girl with her back to me facing them.

"I'm sure your friends can wait just a little while longer, cant they?" said one of the guys with a sneer that showed he clearly didn't believe her. He was leaning against a white Supra with his arms crossed and a demeanor that screamed spoilt rich kid. One of his buds was standing with him and the other one was standing next to a green M3. Man, I needed to get me one of them trust funds too, that Supra was smoking. I shook my head to clear out the distractions. Focus idiot, I told myself.

"No, I need to go, I've already been away for quite long" said the girl with a bit more authority this time.

"What a shame" said Supra dude smoothly, "and here we were just beginning to get to know each other." He got off his car and walked up to the girl, stopping right before her.

"How about me and you go somewhere quiet where we can talk, just you and me" he said.

Even a retarded chipmunk wouldn't believe that.

"Uhmm... Thanks but maybe some other time yeah? When I'm not so busy" tried the girl desperately. Even a blind man could see she was trying to get away from them.

"I believe in seizing the moment. Right here, right now. Why put off tomorrow what you can do today? I believe we bumped into each other here for a reason, don't you think we should give this a chance? See where it goes? I promise you won't be disappointed."

If she fell for that I'd eat a dead horse.

As they exchanged more words I looked back at the entrance. There were two bouncers there looking bored as hell. From what I could see the guys didn't seem to be dangerous but they sure were persistent. The girl's body language was now clearly indicating she wanted out of there. She kept shifting her weight from one foot to the other and looking at her phone as if expecting it to do something. From my vantage point I could see she was wearing a knee length blue dress that flared a bit from the waist down and simple heels on her feet. She had shoulder length black hair and though I couldn't see her face, the back of her head looked reasonably pretty.

As I tuned back in, I realized he was trying to guide her to the car and she was desperately glancing around looking for any reason to stall while he looked like the cat that caught the mouse.

Till today I would not know what possessed me to do what I did next. Maybe it was destiny, most probably it was the booze, I don't know, but even I was surprised as I found myself walking towards them.

"There you are!" I shouted in what I hoped was a convincing tone that indicated I knew her.

I plastered on a goofy smile, and spread my arms like I had been looking for her for ages. She turned around to face me and I nearly tripped on my feet. The back of her head had nothing on the front. There was a look of confusion on her pretty face, the kind you get when a stranger waves from across the street and you aren't entirely sure if it's directed at you. Supra boy was equally confused and kept shifting his gaze between me and her.

"Do you have any idea how long we've been looking for you? There's a search party out for you by now. Sarah's raiding the toilets, Dan's gone to the roof and everyone else is on the lookout" I said as I walked right up to them. Shit, she was even cuter up close. I could tell she was a smart cookie as something clicked in her eyes and she immediately fell into character.

"I know, I know, but work you know," she said as she lifted up her phone and shook it, "Can't say no to the boss" she rolled her eyes in exasperation.

A quick glance at the douchebag told me he wasn't quite convinced, as though he was still making up his mind. I had to up my game a bit. Bullshit application version 2.0, activate!

"Work? Really? On your birthday? You have got to be kidding me!" I swung blindly. I really needed to cut down drinking. I could tell even she was shocked, she couldn't form a response. The guys' eyes were now nearly out of their sockets and he couldn't stop looking from one to the other. I finally looked at him and extended my hand in a friendly way,

"Hey man, how ya doing?"

He looked at my hand, clearly bewildered and then snapped out of it as he hesitantly took it. We shook once and I turned back.

"We get shots lined up in your honor and you just up and disappear into thin air. People are running around like headless chickens trying to locate you. Can you get yourself down there so we can get this show on the road young lady?" I said with mock anger.

She bristled, shuffled her feet, then stood up at attention and gave me a mock salute.

"Aye, aye Cap'n!" she said in the most stern voice she could. I swear it took all I had not to break down and laugh my head off. She looked incredibly cute standing there saluting like that.

Romeo finally got his voice back, "It's your birthday?" he asked looking even more confused than before.

Shit, I hope my gamble didn't blow up in my face. I hadn't considered maybe he knew her from before and knew it wasn't her birthday. I couldn't backpedal now. Well, nothing to do about it, full steam ahead!

"Lemme guess, she didn't tell you?" I asked knowingly. "I know man, we had to drag her out of the house tonight, and then even here she disappears before we can wish her, talk about a party pooper."

Party pooper? How old was I? Eight? I should wrap this up before I say something really stupid.

Made-up birthday girl piped up "All right, I get the point grand-pa, can we go now, or do you want to whine some more?" She wriggled her eyebrows.

Damn, she got a tongue on her. I jerked my head towards the entrance, "all right lets go, smart-ass," I said as I started walking away. She fell into step right beside me as she mumbled a see you around to Tuner boy. I turned around while backing away with my final gamble, "hey man, y'all wanna get in on the shots?" I asked praying that I'd read the situation right and they weren't the type to follow. Beside me I heard a sharp intake of breath.

Romeo finally looked convinced that it wasn't an act and backed away towards his Supra as he said, "Nah man, maybe later."

"Cheers," I said and giving him a thumbs up as I turned back and we turned around the corner and out of sight. I heard a grunt beside me and looked over to find she was barely controlling her laughter. That just set me off and we both started laughing uncontrollably while trying to remain as quiet as possible. We got to the entrance and finally stopped and bent over clutching our ribs and leaning on our knees as we tried to get hold of ourselves. Finally with tears in my eyes I straightened up as the last bouts of laughter were fading away. She was also up and looking right at me.

Now is when I noticed her eyes. They were the lightest brown and seemed to be alive and dancing with humor. I had heard of expressive eyes but wow, she could hold a whole conversation without ever moving her lips. She had crossed her arms and was regarding me with the faintest smile playing on her lips. Ok, now I was in uncharted territory. My wits chose this exact moment to go on vacation. Traitors. Luckily she spoke before I could figure out the least appropriate thing to say on the planet.

"Thanks," she said softly.

"Uhmm... It's not... mention it," was my intelligent response. Great, all my brain functions decided to stop simultaneously.

The corners of her mouth lifted even higher and she got the most adorable dimple on her left cheek. Now she thought I was a clown. Perfect. I needed to bail before I came across as a creep.

Mustering all of my brain power I forced myself to respond. I made a move towards the entrance and said, "So, I guess I'll see you around eh?"

She was still smiling that knowing smile, "Whoa there, cowboy," she said, then made a pretense of thinking and put a finger just below her lower lip. "I think you owe me a drink" she said and cocked her head to the side.

I opened and closed my mouth at least five times without producing any sound. Was this female actually interested in a drink with me? Preposterous! Finally I think the last of the booze kicked in and I took advantage. I relaxed and bowed my head slightly with a tip to my imaginary hat, "Forgive my manners, m'lady," I said in the most ridiculous gentleman accent I'd ever heard.

"Right this way," I said and with a grand gesture offered her my arm.

She was beaming from ear to ear as she curtsied and put her arm in mine.

Arm in arm we stepped into the flashing lights and booming bass, but for some reason, I wasn't too bothered by all of it this time.

Agera_R
Agera_R
245 Followers